soontobenew

United Kingdom · From September 2012

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

1 of June of 2013

4011days 3hours

Discussions

Vanadesse
Low cost (but nice!) venues in/around Manchester/Cheshire?
Vanadesse, 15 of September of 2013 at 14:35

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any nice venues in or around Manchester or Cheshire? Our budget is £3-5k for the whole thing if that helps.

Vanadesse, wednesday 18-Sep-13 12
Z
London venue Help
zaria123, 27 of August of 2013 at 19:31

Dear All Just new to the forum, we are looking for a venue in London, although very specific in style. please send me ideas!! We aim t make the day very unlike a traditional wedding, and want it to be...

zaria123, thursday 5-Sep-13 24
S
Wedding dress outlet?
staranise, 16 of August of 2013 at 23:31

I went to my local wedding dress shop which is pretty small and I felt like they didn't have much to choose from, so I'm looking for somewhere bigger like a wedding dress outlet but I can't find any...

staranise, sunday 18-Aug-13 6
E
Hair Stylist needed in West Midlands
ExcitedBridetobe 2013, 15 of August of 2013 at 13:25

Hi, Just wondered if anyone can recommend a hair stylist for my wedding day.. I've been let down last minute by the stylist I had booked so wondered if anyone would be able to suggest anyone? There...

MrsJenLarkin, sunday 18-Aug-13 10
Katianne
Experiences of buying sample dresses?
Katianne, 10 of April of 2013 at 19:51

I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here but yesterday, I have my first experience of trying on dresses at a bridal shop. I came away loving one in particular (nothing like the dress I imagined...

Katianne, thursday 11-Apr-13 5
L
Venues- West Midlands-Just about ready to give up!
Leachar87, 26 of February of 2013 at 12:44

I've been angaged now for a whole month! It feels like longer...We wanted to get things moving asap to avoid a 5 year engagement situation. But really I am at the end of my tether. It seems what I...

Wedding Photography, thursday 28-Feb-13 25
S
How much space do you need to get ready?
soontobenew, 22 of February of 2013 at 06:53

Probably one for you OMs out there. I'm getting married away from home so staying at our venue the night before and getting ready there. However as we get married at midday I can't get ready in the...

LEN11212, friday 22-Feb-13 2 733
B
Anyone from Birmingham?
belize2012, 13 of February of 2013 at 17:07

Hello Anyone from Birmingham? Looking to find nice restaurant to have a family dinner, maybe an Asian Restaurant. Any ideas on wedding venues? Big shout out to all brummy brides TIA

Elodia, friday 15-Feb-13 19
E
DIY Bridesmaid gifts *flash included*
Ethie, 20 of January of 2013 at 10:48

I thought I would share my new DIY project...my bridesmaid gifts! I am making them each a 'bridesmaid pack' for the morning of the wedding. I have a few ideas of what to put in the packs but only have...

soontobenew, monday 21-Jan-13 9
A
Bridesmaids hair clips
alicecone, 21 of January of 2013 at 16:16

I don't know if anyone can help me. I am looking for hair clips/barrettes for 4 of my bridesmaid's hair and I can't seem to find many about. Our wedding is on a tight budget so I'm looking for...

Rachel0203, tuesday 29-Jan-13 5
Sadiex
Don't know what colour to pick for bridesmaid dresses! Help please?! *Pictures Included*
Sadiex, 17 of January of 2013 at 20:40

[Pictures taken with permission. MacGregor & MacDuff Kiltmakers.] Mr.Sadie picked these today, but now I'm stuck on what colour to pick for my BM & MoH dresses. Originally I wanted my MoH to...

Sadiex, sunday 20-Jan-13 2
Kaela
Centre Piece ideas please!!
Kaela, 8 of January of 2013 at 15:22

Hello... Originally i wanted fish bowls and aqua balls for my center piece but Ive changed my mind completely and want something with candles and sparkle but i cant think if anything! im the least...

Kaela, wednesday 9-Jan-13 7
Lola-Belle
Care to Share your Thank You Gifts
Lola-Belle, 29 of December of 2012 at 17:15

Hello Laides, Pretty self explanitory the post really but wanted to know what everyone else is doing for thank you gifts for wedding party including MOB FOB ect?? Really stuck for ideas on a tight...

TheCakeNinja, sunday 30-Dec-12 8
Flamin Nora
What's next on your To-Do list?
Flamin Nora, 30 of December of 2012 at 16:43

With the Christmas period nearly over, and after being bridesmaid at the weekend I am back on with the Wedding planning! My next job is to make up the ladies favours - we are making bath salts. Whats...

Confused bride...., monday 31-Dec-12 18
S
Anyone get any wedding bargains in the sales?
soontobenew, 26 of December of 2012 at 11:40

So who has been out today seraching for things in the sales? I had a result today as I finally managed to get matching shoes for all my bridesmaids (this is no mean feat with 2 x wide fit needed and a...

Going2theChapel, wednesday 26-Dec-12 1 680
Rhoslyn
Music to walk down the aisle to...
Rhoslyn, 14 of December of 2012 at 11:03

Hi again, Sorry for all the posts today. My school is closed because of a Gas Leak (Woo!!) so I'm off work and bored! We met with the registrar yesterday. Thank you to all of you who gave me tips to...

coolartist87, thursday 20-Dec-12 25
Skeptical78
Wedding Dress Sales
Skeptical78, 13 of December of 2012 at 10:27

Hiya- I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on Wedding Dress sales? I have put aside a £1000 budget for a wedding dress, however if I am well up for getting it cheaper...more booze / honeymoon...

anna123, friday 14-Dec-12 8
S
Started my favour making
soontobenew, 9 of December of 2012 at 17:49

Now i'm not a craft/creative sort of person - I'm generally envious of all the cool things i see people have made themselves on here (i saw a fabulous button bouquet the other day - AMAZING) so you...

clarehj, sunday 9-Dec-12 6
S
New mum as bridesmaid??
soontobenew, 9 of December of 2012 at 16:47

So my chief bridesmaid is due to give birth 7 weeks before our wedding . . . and she is having twins. I am so happy for her as she has wanted to be a mum for many years and will be amazing. Anyway,...

FMG, monday 10-Dec-12 16
Chidders
Mass dress flash
Chidders, 14 of March of 2012 at 17:06

Please. We haven't had one of these for ages, pile in and flash us your dress. Model Me

Buy, thursday 26-Oct-23 965 2
S
Show us your shoes!! *flash*
soontobenew, 20 of October of 2012 at 19:42

I had an amazing day with my friend today who is also getting married next year picking out wedding shoes so thought i'd share! Want to share your shoes too?

*gnashers*, monday 22-Oct-12 64 6,969
quackers
****2013 Brides List**** 471 Brides so Far!!
quackers, 4 of November of 2011 at 14:28

January – Total Brides – 4 8th – hannahlock4 19th- mrscrowther2b & Lau_s 21st - unexpectedpenny February– Total Brides – 15 2nd – BradyBird & Villagirly & tinasharp & Emily-Toni 3rd...

cookiekat, tuesday 3-Dec-13 878
B
Travel Themed wedding ideas please......
BrogstarBride, 8 of October of 2012 at 19:25

Any ideas for Our Travel Themed wedding? We are having mini suitcase tins as favours, and naming our tables as Cocktails. I want luggage tags for rsvp cards and Table plan but does anyone know where i...

*Funky*, monday 8-Oct-12 2
KarenJane
Entrance Music - Sorry!
KarenJane, 8 of October of 2012 at 10:16

I know there are many threads on this so sorry ladies but just looking for insparation for my entrance music - We're getting married in church and i was going to have the traditional "Here comes the...

*Funky*, monday 8-Oct-12 10
jimjams
Any savvy shoppers out there got tips for Engagement ring shopping??
jimjams, 7 of October of 2012 at 08:55

Hi ladies, The OH and I are on a tight budget, and tight timescale!! Next job on the list is to find an engagement ring for me, and I'm sure like all of you I have my heart set on my perfect ring......

Kentish Gal, saturday 27-Oct-12 29
S
Just wanted to say hello
soontobenew, 16 of September of 2012 at 10:36

Hello All, I just discovered this forum last night as I lay awake in the night not able to sleep for some reason and I have loved reading the posts here and had to join! I'm getting married on 1st...

soontobenew, sunday 16-Sep-12 274

General groups

Hitched article topics