• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

25 of July of 2013

3950days 21hours

Discussions

T
Random question on witness signing the marriage licence
Tidal Wave, 15 of December of 2015 at 20:02

Hello, hoping for some answers really. Tried cab, CofE website and we are still stuck. The question is can someone who lives outside of the UK sign as a witness? I've been a witness in New Zealand but...

bellaZ, wednesday 16-Dec-15 5
P
Wedding make up
Pink Sparkle, 13 of December of 2015 at 20:46

Hi Me and OH are at early stages of wedding planning having not log ago booked our venue for October 2016. I was looking around at booking hair/make up. Was wandering if anyone has used or will be...

KJHC, thursday 17-Dec-15 7
C
What are you NOT having? ~ Simple Wedding updated with flashes
Chaffinch, 3 of November of 2015 at 11:31

Hello there, * Having read some of the wedding reports/ ideas on here I find them all beautiful. I don't want anyone thinking I am critical of anything they are doing. I think they are awesome, just...

Chaffinch, wednesday 6-Jul-16 58
L
save the date invitations.
LuxuriousRedConfetti412, 19 of October of 2015 at 19:38

I'm just making my save the date invitations and a thought crossed my mind. Do I need to put on them if it's for the whole day or just the evening? So for those coming to everything should i put 'save...

LuxuriousRedConfetti, tuesday 20-Oct-15 9
Pinkpeterpan
Thursday Vs Sunday?
Pinkpeterpan, 13 of September of 2015 at 14:26

Hi, This is my first forum post as I've just started wedding planning and already hit a dilemma! We ideally wanted to get married on Thursday 11th August, however our preferred venue is already...

Danteborderterrier, tuesday 15-Sep-15 11
Kittylove
Gift List Addiction
Kittylove, 28 of June of 2015 at 22:59

So my John Lewis gift list opened today, and I appear to be addicted to checking to see if people have bought us stuff. I logged in this morning to see if it was working, and to my surprise and...

bellaZ, monday 29-Jun-15
M
So angry, family and weddings!
Mrsmalpass, 20 of April of 2015 at 19:55

Need somewhere to rant! Short of the long i have had a rather silly relationship with my father over the last 10 years from the start of my teens upwards we have been through it all, my bad attitude...

ExpensivePinkBridesm, tuesday 21-Apr-15 9
jess-ox
Seating Plan
jess-ox, 17 of April of 2015 at 15:49

Hi Ladies I'm wondering whether anyone can help me as I'm pulling my hair out over it! ? It seems a long way off until we sort our seating plan but there is issues already. My parents and my partners...

bellaZ, monday 20-Apr-15 11
MrsPowellToBe
More dress wobbles and 'buying a sample' question!
MrsPowellToBe, 20 of April of 2015 at 09:53

Dear fellow hitchers, Thank you to anyone who replies again. I'm aware i'm a neurotic and quite frankly blooooming nightmare at the moment and am getting myself into all sorts of anxiety and worries -...

MrsLT, sunday 3-May-15 24
S
Thursday weddings
Spudnik, 20 of April of 2015 at 07:51

Ho does any one have any experience on having a week day wedding. Me and my partner are looking at a Thursday as its 5k cheaper" my parents have got upset saying no one will come as they will need to...

MrsEdisToBe, thursday 23-Apr-15 37
M
A weekday wedding, any issues with guests not coming?
marie75, 21 of February of 2015 at 14:58

Hi all, we are getting married on a Wednesday, predominately because it meant we could afford our dream venue but am having a little wobble thinking guests won't come. Would love to hear your...

Nims, monday 23-Feb-15 20
C
Have i missed anything
conway13, 12 of February of 2015 at 12:16

I get married 1st august 15. just checking things off. I have done so far booked catholic church, booked venue, booked photographer, booked transport from church to venue, booked florist, booked...

Cache13, wednesday 25-Feb-15 9
K
Am I missing anyone...?
KittyCupcake87, 14 of October of 2014 at 11:35

I'm adding all my contact details in to my little planning book. At the moment I'm just writing up 'suppliers' etc and I have: 1) Venue 2) Registrar 3) Photographer 4) Florist 5) Chair covers and...

Andy_Magicman, tuesday 14-Oct-14 4
B
Bridal Party Roles
Bridetobe16716, 21 of September of 2014 at 09:11

Hello everyone. I have a question I hope you can help answer. Having chosen my bridal party,I felt I had to include my cousin (who I don't see often) into the wedding somehow. I was going to give her...

bellaZ, tuesday 23-Sep-14 7
Howeaboutthat
Airbrush Makeup
Howeaboutthat, 8 of September of 2014 at 10:09

Hi Ladies, Have any of you had trials or had Airbrush make-up for your wedding? what were the results?

CoopsJ68, tuesday 9-Sep-14 7
M
Do you think reserved signs are needed on chairs for wedding party?
Mrsbushelltobe, 5 of August of 2014 at 11:09

We are having a civil ceremony, and i wondered if it was necessary to have reserved signs on chairs for the wedding party?

Emma, saturday 18-Nov-23 29 1
SecretlyEloped
***Secret Elopement Report*** Finished!!!!!
SecretlyEloped, 6 of July of 2014 at 17:50

I am quite the unconcise writer - so get a cuppa and prepare yourself for a feast of an elopement report, with probably several side helpings of tangential drivel... Our story starts in 2005, when we...

bellaZ, thursday 17-Jul-14 68
Love&Lavender
Wedding invitation grammar issues
Love&Lavender, 13 of May of 2014 at 14:47

Hi all, I am having a bit of a moment- we have designed our own invitations and now I am not happy with how they are written grammatically. I realise this sounds like it should be really easy, but I...

terri_cramp, wednesday 14-May-14 29
W
Do brides have bags?!
Wife In Training, 11 of May of 2014 at 16:43

Sorry for the randomness of this question are any of you planning (or not planning) to carry a clutch bag at your wedding? I can't imagine holding a bag and a bouquet without loosing one or the other...

Sarah MC1, sunday 11-May-14 16
Erin8
What things in the wedding planning process have you and your OH disagreed about?
Erin8, 2 of May of 2014 at 17:03

Our ones are quite random: Should we have obey in the vows or not -he said yes and l said no way! It is immaterial now as our vows don't contain obey or have it as an option. But things got a little...

DrBuffles, thursday 8-May-14 42
S
is anyone wearing control pants under their dress?
Sash87, 13 of April of 2014 at 07:30

I am thinking about wearing contol pants under my dress as i need all the help i can get with my bum but im concerned about getting hot and sweaty. is anyone else going for contol pants?

MrsA2B2014, monday 14-Apr-14 10
L
wine on tables?
loopy_linzi003, 14 of February of 2014 at 18:39

Hi everybody, is anybody or has anybody put wine on their tables and if so how many bottles? My venue have decided to change my bespoke wedding to a package wedding that doesn't cover drinks on the...

ClaireD*, monday 14-Apr-14 6
S
Wedding planner/guide book
Stressedgroom82, 10 of February of 2014 at 11:57

Hi there everyone, Just wondered if anyone can suggest a good wedding guide boo/journal? I have been looking on amazon/Waterstones and found a few but am not sure which one to get. We have our...

Stressedgroom82, monday 10-Feb-14 2
sarah_Jayne1905
Invite help!!
sarah_Jayne1905, 10 of February of 2014 at 11:19

We're paying for our own wedding, neither of our parents have had any input, we're just wondering how we refer to them and other family members in their invites ;/ do we call them mum & dad,...

Sazzle85, monday 10-Feb-14 6
DrBuffles
Quizzes on tables at wedding breakfast
DrBuffles, 5 of February of 2014 at 11:00

I went to a wedding in the summer and they had put little boxes of cards with an 80's music quiz in them on the tables. It was a great way of breaking the ice between people who didn't previously know...

DrBuffles, wednesday 5-Feb-14 9
SillyWrong
Wedding invitation wording etiquette
SillyWrong, 31 of January of 2014 at 09:28

Thought some of you may find the following site interesting as I have ... https://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/wedding-bells-invitation-etiquette-wording-lauren-conrad I don't agree with every piece of...

Lady V, friday 31-Jan-14 4
Kate22
What questions should i be asking the minister?
Kate22, 31 of January of 2014 at 09:20

We are due to go to see our minister on Monday evening. We have wrote down a few things to ask him but not sure if I am missing something 1. Hymns 2. Readings 3. order of service 4. How long is the...

murphy88, monday 3-Feb-14 4
daisymoo86
Have I forgotten anything
daisymoo86, 28 of January of 2014 at 11:32

Hi Again Everyone! I am in fullw edding planning mode now, venue may well have been selected and I 'm just trying to work things out in my head of stuff I need to account for. I've made a little...

bellaZ, tuesday 28-Jan-14 9
daisymoo86
Midweek Weddings
daisymoo86, 14 of January of 2014 at 16:27

Hi Everyone We would like to book our wedding for July 2016 and had originally chosen to book on a Friday to make it cheaper than a weekend. However, it seems that the venue we quite like doesnt...

daisymoo86, wednesday 15-Jan-14 18
Catholic ceremony
*PN*, 8 of January of 2014 at 10:46

Any brides out there having a Catholic ceremony? We met with the Deacon last night who will be conducting our ceremony, and he said normally there are only 2 hymns. Is this right? I thought it was 3...

gabi5, wednesday 8-Jan-14 4
H
Help us find a new surname
Hoofbeat, 19 of December of 2013 at 16:11

My H2B and I are considering creating a new blended surname as neither of us are keen to take the other's surname and would feel happier taking an entirely new surname made up of letters from our...

MrsP:), saturday 28-Dec-13 22
R
Table Decorations
rainforest7sparkle, 27 of November of 2013 at 16:26

Hi, I'm new here. I'm getting married on 29 March 2014 and have pretty much everything organised. The one thing I am stuck on is table decorations. I am having round tables of between 8 - 10 guests....

rainforest7sparkle, thursday 28-Nov-13 3

General groups

Hitched article topics