Skip to main content
P
pritsticandpompoms

United Kingdom · From January 2018

Discussions

L
Colour help!!!
LuxuriousYellowCakes69182, 5 of August of 2019 at 16:35

Hey all ?? So the groom has unequivocally decided he’s having navy blue for himself and his groomsman. Great right? Quick simple decision. Any bride would be thrilled!! errmmm... I hate blue!!!!!...

Wedding Photography, saturday 31-Aug-19 5
S
Centrepiece help!
SunnyBrownConfetti756, 6 of June of 2019 at 15:08

Hi guys, I am recently engaged and getting stuck into the planning of it all, we have fallen in love with the idea of centrepieces like the photo below. Our problem is we can't find these kind of...

RoseGoldSequins, friday 21-Jun-19 2
G
Wedding ring dilemma
GreenIvyRedBerries20, 26 of May of 2019 at 20:33

Went shopping for wedding rings today. As anticipated my hubby to be managed to find a stunning ring pretty easily. For me on the other hand, its proven to be a much more difficult task. I have a...

pritsticandpompoms, thursday 13-Jun-19 2
E
Don’t want to change surname
Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 18 of March of 2019 at 09:43

Hi all! I am having a hard time accepting I may have to change my surname. I have always been proud of my surname as it is unusual and is always convocation starter. I come from a family of all girls...

pritsticandpompoms, thursday 21-Mar-19 2
M
Struggling with the idea of changing my surname
Melyn, 26 of February of 2019 at 10:56

A sensitive topic arrises in this post; I'm really struggling with the idea of changing my surname to my future husband's, we've had twin boys (one was sadly stillborn) and they both have my partner's...

Have_you_met_Mrs_Jon, monday 18-Mar-19 3
charlie_rabbit01
Blush wedding dress what colour bridesmaids? Not grey
charlie_rabbit01, 12 of March of 2019 at 20:16

Hi all so I’ve fallen in love with a blush pink wedding dress, any photos/ ideas of colours? June wedding but not grey.

pritsticandpompoms, thursday 14-Mar-19 3
R
Budget Spreadsheet - did you use one?
redandivorybride2be, 6 of March of 2019 at 10:06

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has found a Wedding Planning Budget Spreadsheet that worked for them, or if they are happy to share with me? want to make sure I do not miss anything !

pritsticandpompoms, sunday 10-Mar-19 2
E
Wedding transport
Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 19 of February of 2019 at 11:34

Hi all! im looking for a blue VW camper van to hire as my wedding transport! I live in the Cambridge area and would be really gratfull if anyone could recommend anyone they might know! Thanks in...

Nathalie@ButtercupBu, thursday 28-Feb-19 1
L
Research - Wedding Planners?
LuxuriousOrangeCakes68149, 19 of January of 2019 at 19:16

Hi Lovely Brides to Be, I wonder whether you can all help me? I am currently thinking of starting my own company as a Wedding Planner. I have recently been made redundant from my 10 year role as a PA...

pritsticandpompoms, thursday 24-Jan-19 1
F
Reasonable stationery?
Fairy5, 21 of January of 2019 at 14:28

Hi, Can anyone recommend anywhere for reasonable invites? I was going to go with somewhere like Vistaprint but on looking again, haven't found anything from them that I really like and I don't want to...

LuxuriousRedStatione, wednesday 23-Jan-19 5
B
Closer to my step mum not my mum... help!
Blushingbridetobeautiful, 17 of January of 2019 at 02:37

Hi everyone, I am writing this in bed, at 2:25am, with my husband to be nudging me to go back to sleep... but I can’t, I’m so worried about my wedding i have a completely torn family, my mother hates...

pritsticandpompoms, sunday 20-Jan-19
S
Sourcing ice??!
SunnyBlueConfetti90574, 11 of January of 2019 at 08:53

Hi all! We’re in the process of choosing a caterer for or August wedding, one look quite promising but they’ve said they don’t provide ice and we’d have to source it ourselves. Our venue don’t provide...

pritsticandpompoms, friday 18-Jan-19
L
Alternative coastal wedding venues - recommendations
LuxuriousPurpleDiamonds63233, 30 of December of 2018 at 17:01

Hello! I have just started my wedding planning and have looked at two coastal venues but both are looking to become very pricey! I was wondering if anybody had any ideas of coastal wedding venues in...

Chris Giles Photogra, saturday 19-Jan-19 3
A
30 days left... bridesmaid gifts ???
Ash189T, 1 of January of 2019 at 21:24

Hi all, So I have 30 days until I say I Do eeekkk! A lot is sorted dress fitting this weekend and meeting planner. Quick qyestion are you doing robes for yourself and bridesmaids etc? I wanted to do a...

Ash189T, tuesday 8-Jan-19 5
E
What shapewear under my dress?
ExpensiveRedBridesmaid906, 26 of December of 2018 at 21:51

Hi all, I seriously need some slimming knickers to wear under my wedding dress but I have no idea where to start! I have a low back dress so I can't wear any of the body suits or anything with straps....

pritsticandpompoms, friday 28-Dec-18
H
What time of day to get married?
HappyBrownDecor8890, 28 of December of 2018 at 14:12

Hi all, im currently in the very early stages of planning my wedding! Weve decided on on a venue, and have provisionally booked the 3rd October 2020. To complete the booking, we need to have a...

Fairy5, tuesday 8-Jan-19 9
charlie_rabbit01
Flower dilema
charlie_rabbit01, 28 of December of 2018 at 20:00

Hi all my favourite flower is strelizia or bird of paradise as it’s comminly known. Id love to have this as my flower but we don’t want a tropical or bright colour theme and bop to be the main theme....

LuxuriousRedStatione, monday 31-Dec-18 1
L
Should we cancel the photographer?
LuxuriousRedCars74115, 6 of November of 2018 at 11:32

My fiancé and I recently had our engagement photos done (they were supposed to be done earlier in the year but I had an accident). We got them back and they were bad; awkward cheesy looking poses,...

RomanticPinkDecor319, thursday 17-Jan-19 11
H
Feeding children at a wedding
Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 8 of November of 2018 at 10:04

Hi, We've gone from potentially having a child-free wedding, to now having potentially 20+children ? By the time the wedding comes around, the majority of them will be between 1-5. What age are you...

SasenachBride, monday 12-Nov-18 8
L
advice from self catering/street food weddings please!!!
LuxuriousGreenBridesmaid65239, 15 of October of 2018 at 18:22

I am looking to get married in Staffordshire, and ideally we have always wanted a big 'party/festival' vibe. So we didn't want formal sit down meal with beef/chicken. We ideally wanted a big barn...

NathalieSB, friday 19-Oct-18 3
J
Wedding dresses John Lewis
Joanna26113, 21 of February of 2018 at 20:41

Hi everyone. I’m looking for a bit of advice . Iv been to try on some dresses in a traditional wedding dress shop, although I didn’t like anything, they all felt too big and heavy and not me. Iv...

pritsticandpompoms, friday 12-Oct-18 4
L
Polaroid Guestbook
Linola83, 4 of October of 2018 at 22:48

Hi Ladies! My big day is getting closer now super-fast! Although I can't wait for it, it is a bit scary how fast time flies. Anyway, does anyone have experience with Polaroid or Instax cameras? My H2B...

Ash189T, saturday 27-Oct-18 6
C
Bridesmaid gifts
Coopertobe, 1 of January of 2018 at 23:25

Hi everyone, I'm getting married this month!!! We are in the final stages of paying everything off and I'm now working on bridesmaid gifts. On the morning I'm going to give my bridesmaids a gift bag...

HayleyM1201, tuesday 16-Jan-18 6
E
Help! Suddenly my wedding is really soon!
Elle-comma-Woods, 3 of January of 2018 at 10:47

Newbie here, hi everyone. Our wedding is on 10 February. We got engaged November 2016 and booked a venue about a year ago. We did a lot of the big stuff and then somehow I got into a feeling that...

pritsticandpompoms, thursday 4-Jan-18
B
No appointment dress shopping in bristol/Cardiff ?
bloodninja, 3 of January of 2018 at 09:38

Is anyone able to suggest any places I’d just be able to turn up to, no appointment needed and try on dresses? I’m not a shopping or dressy type and the odds are I’ll make an appointment, look...

LuxuriousIvoryConfet, sunday 4-Feb-18 3

General groups

Hitched article topics