Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharv
Beginner March 2012

KHARV'S WEDDING REPORT - 24th March 2012

kharv, 2 of May of 2012 at 20:03

Posted on Planning 123

I hope you don't mind a little indulgence on my part. This report is a bit flash heavy and my writing style is no where near as eloquent as some (Cricks - you've ruined it for the rest of us ?), but I've really enjoyed reliving my day. Thanks to all on hitched who helped throughout the planning -...

I hope you don't mind a little indulgence on my part. This report is a bit flash heavy and my writing style is no where near as eloquent as some (Cricks - you've ruined it for the rest of us ?), but I've really enjoyed reliving my day. Thanks to all on hitched who helped throughout the planning - you were stars.

Background...

The husband and I met way back in 2001 – our first year at university. We started seeing each other early in 2002. Fast forward ten years, a very small house, a crazy dog and a very lovely proposal later and here we are!

We chose Harlaxton Manor near Grantham as our wedding venue. A gorgeous place that is now the English campus of the University of Evansville, US.

The weeks before...

I, rather stupidly, decided to make an awful lot of the wedding stuff myself. So the weeks before were spent folding, trimming and embossing orders of service, painting wooden cake toppers, bagging scrabble names and printing the table plan on to see through acetate among other things. I finished work on Thursday lunchtime.

My mam had very kindly offered to make our wedding cake and chocolate favours so her week before the wedding was a bit stressful too. Bless her.

Friday 23rd March 2012...

We headed to our venue at about 3pm to set up. We had the dog with us as husband would be dropping him at the kennels later that day. The first thing to do was to drop the wine and champagne with the venue kitchen. As husband and I were doing this I heard him shout – the dog had managed to escape from the car and was tearing across the perfect lawn. I’d forgotten to wind the window up. Whoops.

The afternoon was dubbed ‘Harvey’s sweat shop’ with my lovely bridesmaids forming an assembly line to bag the chocolate favours my mam had made, my dad pouring sand and adding tea lights into 55 jars for the centrepieces, and my mam and I setting out the scrabble place names, menus, table names and orders of the day. I’m so happy I decided to hire chairs rather than chair covers – I think they looked fab with the venue.

The efficient, honey bee like atmosphere to the afternoon was only marred by the fact that we found out the cake was stuck in a traffic jam. The cake that my mam had lovingly made and iced. In butter cream. It was one of the hottest days of the year. There wasn’t much we could do though so we plodded on.

We had a reservation to meet husband and his parents and sister etc for dinner at 6pm and were finished at the venue just in time. The cake still hadn’t arrived.

Absent cake finally arrived with my uncle (the cake courier) at 7pm and was rushed straight to the venue for emergency medical treatment. It was rather melty. It looked fantastic on the day though.

As a lot of my family live in Newcastle and Kent, most of them decided to stay in the hotel on Friday as well. Friday night was fantastic. It was like a lovely, relaxed pre-celebration in the hotel bar.

Me and Bridesmaid EO took ourselves off to bed at midnight, leaving husband, father, FIL, best man no1 and bridesmaid MB up. We tried to sleep but it wasn’t helped by MB knocking on the bedroom door three times with excitement. Got to sleep about 1am.

123 replies

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

Such a brilliat report Kharv - I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it and looking at your beautiful pictures. Your day looked absolutely stunning! Smiley smile

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely Lovely report and you looked stunning. Had tears in my eyes when I was reading your report, especially at the bit where your husband is singing along to American Pie and feeling part of your family. X x

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

Such beautiful photos! Congratulations. You look incredible. Your mum's outfit was stunning as well and I was glad to see the little wooden people looking so cute on top of the cake. Looks like it was an amazing day.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

Fabulous report!! Everything looks amazing...such attention to detail! And you look absolutely stunning!!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic report Mrs Kharv! I have to say that a lot of the time I skim read reports, focusing mainly on the pictures but I was enthralled by your report. Loved every moment of it and you both look stunning and happy. ?

Loved your video too! Between you and Mrs C, I am now determined to have a VOG...my poor budget!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Kharv, this is def one of my fav reports so far this year, your wedding was absolutley gorgeous! x

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! What a fab report too ? Love your dress and you look sooooo happy ?

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

A fabulous report, and it was written beautifully! Your photos are great, they capture what looks to have been an amazing day. I agree about your chairs, but then I'm biased as I'm having the same ones! Love the bit about your stepdad, made mercy a little! Big wuss that I am at the minute! Love love love your dress and shoes, amazing!

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

Amazing report Kharv. Everything looked gorgeous, and your dress WOW x

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Pass me a tissue,,,, lovely lovely report, you looked to have had an amazing day, and you have totally reasured me about hiring pretty chairs instead of chairs covers, I'm also having those chairs.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Kharv your photos are fantastic! Everything looks beautiful!

• Flumpkin
    Beginner December 2012
    Flumpkin ·
    • Hide content

What an absoloutley lovely report, you looked amazing and the photos really capture the fun throughout the day. Congratulatons to you both.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report Kharv and you look so beautiful, I am sitting at my desk with a big lump in my throat!! Your photos are wonderful and I am goign to give your video a whirl and hope I can see it at work.

Jx

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I just cried at work watching the video. WTF is wrong with me?! I blame the coldsore.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I do not have a single tear in my eye. Honest. Looks like you had a lovely day Kharv and everything looks beautiful. Congratualtions! Now, pass me the tissues please!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Lovely!!! Everything looked stunning, not least of all you!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Kharv you beauty! You looked gorgeous!

Lovely, lovely report. Congratulations to you and Mr Kharv. xxx

P.S. There would be no stopping me if a wasp flew anywhere near me! Well done!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kharv, im not a teary person, but this..this made me get a little choked[:'(]

You, your day, everything looked fab...if my day turns out half as what yours did i will be a super happy bride!

heres to mr and mrs Kharv!!!?

• Kyz23
    Beginner September 2012
    Kyz23 ·
    • Hide content

Ah thats amazing, Well done guys. Looks like you had an amazing day! I hope that my day looks as amazing as yours did.

Photos are brilliant and video is fab. Now thinking maybe i should be getting one professionally done ?

xx

• *Cloud9*
    Beginner August 2013
    *Cloud9* ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report and gorgeous photos !! X

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

What a wonderful day you had, the report and the pictures are fantastic - I love the picture of you sat up on the monument type stone - you look so happy! Congratulations - I hope that you have a long and very happy marriage ?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Woohooo, amazing!!!! Smiley laugh

• katielou87
    Beginner April 2012
    katielou87 ·
    • Hide content

Seriously gorgeous!!! Smiley laugh Congrats!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report Kharvo! It was beautifully written and you looked stunning, everyone looks so happy in your pictures. I even got a little teary at your video which I NEVER do, I hope my wedding turns out as great as yours sounded.

Congratulations to you both ?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Simply stunning! What a lovely report.

Your mum looked great too!

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kharv. Your day looked really really amazing, hope mines goes as well!

You looked absolutely stunning, the dress, the shoes, the hair - it was all perfect!! And, may I say, your Mum's outfit was stunning as well, she defo did you proud!

Hope your enjoying married life!! x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic report, everything looked amazing....Looooved the venue pics and your dress!!!!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely gorgeous, congratulations!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

One word Kharv - STUNNING!!

Love the photos, love the report, LOVE your dress!

Congratulations to you both. xx

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

DROOLING WITH ENVY!!!

Seriously, stunning. Love love love love love it all!!!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Huge congratulations! It looks like an absolutely amazing day!

• Jonesey
    Beginner June 2012
    Jonesey ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely lovely report and photos! Congratulations Mr & Mrs Kharv!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics