Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate7695
Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire

Unenthusiastic bridesmaids - having doubts about who i asked. Please help!

Kate7695, 20 of November of 2021 at 15:44

Posted on Etiquette and Advice 205

Okay, so last weekend my bridesmaids and I had our first makeup and hair trial. It took (literally) months to organise as my 2 bridesmaids would not answer my messages or get back to me. Eventually we all settled on a date and I organised everything. I picked my friends up and brought then to my...
Okay, so last weekend my bridesmaids and I had our first makeup and hair trial. It took (literally) months to organise as my 2 bridesmaids would not answer my messages or get back to me. Eventually we all settled on a date and I organised everything. I picked my friends up and brought then to my house. Neither of them said thank you and when we started talking about plans for the big day including dresses for them, the food, the schedule, one of them was sat arms crossed and didn't say anything other than "I don't like that" or "that colour isnt right". There was nothing constructive or helpful at all. My other bridesmaid took some notes and asked some questions but that was it. When I asked them about dresses, they both picked the same one. I wasn't really pleased as I wanted to go for mismatched dresses - how do I speak to them about this?

After a little more coaxing of answers from them and asking them for their help setting some decor up the day before, the makeup lady arrived. We all had our hair done then our makeup done.

All afternoon I offered drinks and food and if they were all comfy or needed anything. They refused all refreshment and when it got to late afternoon, one of my bridesmaids stood up and said "I'm going now". Her new boyfriend of 8 wks was picking her up. I had no knowledge of this as we had planned to have a late evening of drinks and take-out. I was very disappointed. Then my other bridesmaid said to me "can you text my ex and ask him to drop the kids off here as this is taking longer than I thought. Make sure you say I'm miserable though otherwise he will be annoyed with me". I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was being dropped. I had been so stressed and worried about the day as I needed to talk to them about so much, but they didn't seem to care. I felt as though neither of them wanted to be there or could muster any enthusiasm. I am still feeling hurt today, and I don't know what to do.
I understand they have their own lives but all I asked was for a few hours. They had plenty of time to organise everything.
Please if anyone can advise it would be much appreciated.Katie x

205 replies

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it would have hurt hope your okay and eventually you both sort things out and it becomes easier. Xx
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope so, one of my worries is that she says again that she's had phone trouble and hasn't recieved it. Then I jave to go through the whole thing again. Honestly I have lost so many nights sleep over this having bad dreams and just not sleeping at all. I know that sounds dramatic but it's true. I hope that she did get it and that maybe later, definitely after the wedding we can make up and deal with this. If she doesn't contact me, then I guess that's it.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry it's come to this. I hope she gets in touch with you and you are able to rebuild the friendship, at least after the wedding if not before - it must be tough not knowing if you've lost your friend as well as your bridesmaid. I guess the only thing to hang onto is that if you lose the friendship over this, it probably wasn't going to last long-term anyway.

• Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I hope so too. I didn't want to come to this decision but I felt as though she wasn't there for me. I feel as though she hasn't been foe quire some time, and it's my wedding that has brought all these feelings to light. Does that make sense? I didn't want to have a fight with her, it was the last thing I wanted, but I think you're right. If it hadn't happened now, it would have very soon.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel your pain i walk past one of my friends 5 days a week when we take kids to school its like i am a complete stranger its hard x💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww that's terrible, I'm really sorry xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is hard coz my 8 year old has autism and has realised the change because she has stopped her kids from talking to him so its a big impact on him more wish it wasnt this way he has already been affected because he doesnt see my family but stopping his friends from talking to him is hard but this is somethin my friend needs to sort out xx I hope yours comes around and realises how hard it has been for you xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is awful, I'm so sorry to hear that is not only impacted on your friendship but your child's! I hope they both come around, especially for you xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi kate thankyou for the kind words xx means alot and you dont even know me x How are things with you any news from your friend xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome, I am sorry its a horrid situation to be in, not only for you but your child too. Xx I haven't heard anything from her. I wish I had some news xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi kate sorry you havent heard from her have your other friends heard anythin from her 💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No, she hasn't messaged us. X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope she comes round in the end. Look after you now x💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too. You take care xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mornin hun just finished work xx you too hope eventually she comes round xx💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its official im never going to talk to my friends again and family xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww what's happened? Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just put it up on here see what you think xx💗 ex friends
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi hun how are things with you xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm okay, still haven't heard from my friend. Ex friend probably now 😞. Got a lot of things still to plan and that's keeping me extremely busy. So generally, I'm okay but quite stressed. Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe one day we will have our friends back thats if we want them back take time dont rush with your planning i cant imagine planning a big wedding xx but take time for yourself
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi hun sorry was in work last night and i cant message privately it says i have reached my limit in messages dont know how to do it xx i get my dress next week soooooooooo exited xx hows you xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's so exciting! I have my first dress fitting on Saturday, I'm so worried, I hope it fits! I'm okay, busy as always. How are you? Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dont be silly it will do i havent even tried mine on brought it on vinted decided not to go expensive was only £80 just hope its like they say it is im busy myself got two nights of so enjoying it anythin from your friend not x💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really hope so! I was going to do the same thing and I went with my mam to have a look at some dresses and I fell in love with mine. It was "the one" and I never thought I'd have anything like it. I'm sure your dress is stunning. 🤩
    I hopw you enjoy your days off! Any plans?
    No, I haven't heard anything from her. What about you? Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My plan is bleaching my house especially the bathroom x you will look amazing x same here nothing still walk past me like a stranger but hey its there loss we both have the love of family xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh okay!
    Thank you, I hope so! I ordered my wedding shoes and they should arrive today/tomorrow.
    Aww, I'm sorry. But you're right, you have the love of your H2B and family. Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah shoes what kind have you gone for i have picked green with silver you will have to remember take them with you for your fitting xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been looking for ages for some I like and I found Harriet Wilde. Although pricey, I just loved them. I went for burgundy velvet, smallish block heels. Very simple but I think they're stunning. Never thought I'd spend so much haha. But they are something I will wear again and again. Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They sound nice will habe to put a pic up i will never wear mine again but they wear the only ones that stood out i have gone for a big heel sounds daft this but i feel slimmer in big heels but havent wore heels that big since i was about 23 so should be fun probably fall over knowing me xx💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi hun how did 👗 fitting go xx💗
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well unfortunately said shoes arrived and they are not that comfy! Very tight around my toes so these babies will be going back.
    I know what you mean, I haven't worn proper heels for ages either. Stiletto type heels honestly scare me, even though they are gorgeous to look at. If I wore high heels I'd probably have an accident.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics