Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fancyfree
Beginner April 2010

Wedding Weight Loss

fancyfree, 10 of August of 2009 at 18:44

Posted on Planning 196

Hello, Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day? I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed. I'm seriously...

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day?

I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed.

I'm seriously lacking motivation at the moment as I've had a grotty couple of weeks with H2B having to move away for work and my nan seriously ill. Need to make sure I don't un-do my good work though and comfort eat.

Anyone else looking for some support? I could do with it!

196 replies

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

This is a very motivating thread....thanks ladies!

I've been really poorly and not on Hitched, but would like to join in with this now please!!

Currently weighing in at 10 stone 2 (I'm 5ft 6") and I'd say I'm a size 10-12 but nearer to 12 because my size 10 skinny jeans give me a muffin top at the moment! Not good!

I want to lose 16 lbs and get down to 9 stone, as this was my pre-children weight! A size 8 to 10 would be ideal I think

My weigh in on monday was 2lbs lost Smiley smile

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

? Hi everyone!!

fancyfree, the difference is amazing, and very inspiring!! I think it's more frustrating as I used to play a lot of competitive sport and now I can't even risk the gym..That said a new one has opened near me specifically for people with joint problems that can't use traditional equipment so I might go along and check it out (I can see me being less than half the age of everytone else there lol).

I think if I can lose 5 inches from my waist and 4 from my hips which is where it all went on when I was in a wheelchair last year I will be over the moon!! Less than 8 moths to go tho....

We'll have to keep the thread going to stay motivated!! lol

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Morning everyone!!!

Well I went for my second weigh in last night...............and I have lost 2.5lbs this week YAY very motivated now to keep going!!!

Hope everyone else has had a good week??

Claire x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Wow well done! I've lost another half an inch off my waist and half an inch off my hips (getting a bit worried I will be looking like jordan/dolly parton by the wedding as everything except my chest is shrinking!!lol)

• J
    Beginner October 2011
    jaybee88 ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies, can i join please??!

My weight has fluctuated my entire life, and after a trip to the doctors on Tuesday was disgusted to discover i have put on 2 and a half stone since being with my loovely OH. He tells me every day he loves me how i am and i don;t need to lose any weight, but i really want to shift some these excess pounds before the big day (October 2011).

Kick started the healthy eating, cycling everywhere and joining the gym soon hopefully.

Does this group do like a weekly weigh in or anything like that?

xxx Jen

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Yes! We post our progress on here as and when we get weighed/measured!! I had refrained from measuring as I have been a bit lax recently but I did measure myself after Claire's post ?

And remember that muscle weighs heavier than fat, I sometimes get a bit down about not shifting the pounds but as the inches are dropping off I know I'm making progress.?

Do you have a target of how much you want to lose?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Just dragged myself spinning but was really lame. I've had loads of bad news over the past few days (nothing horrific, just lots of things that would be hard to cope with anyway but put together feel like too much, esp as I'm having to cope on my own as H2B is working away) and so I've barely eaten anything and have no energy. Feeling really miserable and low. What else is going to go wrong now?!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Fancyfree, I hope you're ok...email me if you want to talk. ***************@*******.*** sorry to hear you're having a rough time, I know just having your OH being away must be enough.

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jen, that's really lovely of you and I'll write your email address down. I don't like to burden people so I probably won't use it, but thanks for the offer. You're right, H2B being away is making it all hard, that and the disappearance of the sun! Stupid Autumn, bring on Christmas!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

It's no trouble at all! I love Christmas too but I hate the cold!!! ☹️

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Fancyfree - big hugs to you. Here if you need to chat too (I burden you lovelies all the time with my ramblings so it's high time I return the favour!)

I've lost 10lbs since August. Should have lost more but been a bit lax the last few weeks. Gone down a size in jeans already and none of my clothes fit me yet I can't tell the difference yet. Annoying thing is OH has lost 2 1/2 stone over the course of a year and always gets comments about how well he looks - I just get either "hi Alex" or "ooooh your face looks thin" (yeah but my bum is still the size of a small country)

Well done on all your successes ladies! All doing amazingly well. Oh and Fancyfree - OMG you've lost HEAPS!! Well done! x

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Aww big hugs to Fancyfree sounds like your having a tough time.

Spangles I am the same as you, I have lost 24 lbs since June and I can't tell the difference either apart from the fact my clothes are way too big, it's only people who don't see me regularly that seem to notice. Maybe our mirrors need replacing lol!

Hope you feel better soon Fancyfree x

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Woo-woo - wow 24lbs is AWESOME! Well done you! Once I lose the weight off my bum and thighs I'll feel happy - I'm a classic pear shape so quite small on top but like I said before - large bum and child bearing thighs (could carry 3 on each side). Look like Wurzel Gummage at the moment - all my jeans are being held on with belts.

Bought a pair of jeans last month - waaay too big for me now so bought the size below a week or so ago and now they are way too big. And no beggar at work has said a word about me looking thinner. grrr! However I could walk into that place with my undercrackers on my head and I doubt that they'd notice... Now there's an idea once I hit my goal weight......x

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Spangles!

Well I've only lost 1lb this week, was a really naughty dieter and have had rather alot of alcohol this week so I'm just glad that I haven't put anything on.

How was everyone elses week?

x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Not a bad week, I've lost an inch off my thighs (is that an odd place to lose it from or is it just me), must be all the physio, gives me motivation to keep it up though!!

woo-woo, i think losing anything is an acheivement and you can say youve done it despite having a bad week so well done!!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jem and well done you.

I wish I had started measuring myself (maybe I will start) cos sometimes I haven't lost anything according to the scales but my jeans still feel looser, granted the lossness of ones jeans isn't a very accurate unit of measurement lol!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

It's not a bad measurement!! I know I've not lost much weight but I've lost a fair few inches, cutting out the junk and toning up ?

• lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

Fancyfree....my OH is away too. I really really miss him, so do the kids. Can't wait for him to get home at the weekends. Hope you're ok

woowoo thats a huge weightloss! WELL DONE!

Spangles, as long as you can see the difference then thats all that counts. You think thats bad...my best friends didn't even notice my new nose after a recent nose job!! haha

I lost 2lbs this week so down to 10 stone now. 14 to go!!! And I joined the gym! Feeling very determined Smiley laugh

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG imagine not noticing you'd had a nose job, although that's probably a good thing, means it's subtle?

Just curious if any of you ladies has tried Bio Synergy Water or skinny water as I believe it's known.

My future nan in law has just sent a parcel for the kids and included a bit out one of her old witch mags for me to peruse about skinny water (bloody women just does it to pee me off, there was no note attached or anything).

Anyway seemed to get the best review out of all the non diet weight loss things just wondered if anyone had tried it?

TIA x

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Just back from my weigh in - another 2lbs off hurrah!!! so thats 12 in total !!!

want to def make it a stone next week - so will have to take it easy this weekend......

Ladies - dont be sucked in by Bio Water/Skinny water etc! Think about it SKINNY water WTF? yes it has vitamins etc in it (supposedly) but SKINNY water??????

and its about £2 a bottle! the only pounds you will lose will be from your purse!!

Its so hard when you have a right sh1tty week, or you have a blow out. but dont be too hard on yourselves, any damage done in a bad week can always be rectified the next!! ?

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

I know it does sound mental but I think I will give it a go anyway, the article says it's 99p per 500ml and it has craving busting chemicals and fat burning acids in it, oh dear do you think I've been sucked in already ?

Maybe I'll try it for a week, recommends you drink 4 bottles per day so maybe the goal is to make you skint so you can't actually BUY any food lol!

Well done on your weightloss Louise!

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

No money left to buy food - thats it!!! Marketing genius!!!

But hey, if it works i wanna know.... keep us posted!

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Louise thats brill!!!! (Did you eat that doughnut after or not)?

Just got back from my lovely spa treatments ahhhhhhh.................................. feeling sleepy!

Just eating my 3 point tescos snack in a pot (pot noodle), tastes a bit of 'nothingness'!

Glad to see you are a Gemini too!!!! Mine is the 25th and I have the double personality to go with it! One person is a pig and the other is on a diet!!!!

Wonder if I could use that as an excuse at my next WI?

XX

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

only the yukky custard donuts left so am acting all in control and pretending im not bothered..... ?

shoulda swiped the chocolate one and kept it in my drawer earlier!!!

Funny how geminis are always drawn to each other - or maybe its just coz we are usually the loudest people in the room that we cant hear anyone else over our own noise!!

anyhoo, am going to treat myself to a boots shapers chocolate strawberry bar. Only 1.5 points and if you put it in the fridge it takes AGES to eat!!! mmmmmmmm

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Well done Louise, that's really good!

Gemini, I'm so jealous, wish I could have spa treatments but I'm stuck in an office surrounded by men ☹️ (I'm the only woman at my company!!!!)

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jem,

im listening to the field sales guys debating the merits of rosie webster v stacey slater..... ?

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds about as much fun as men debating who should have picked up a bin!! lol is it a man thing that they start getting louder until whoever talks over everyone else wins??

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Custard ones are my fav, but who needs them they are the devils food...........................?

Yeah, I always get on with other geminis its weird its probably cos we just cant stop talking!

LOL @ putting the bar in the fridge, funny how you pick up little tips to make things last longer!

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jem, Ive been there!! It was horrible, used to work with one guy who was such a pig!

Anyway, we have more girlies in my office now, so when the boys are out we can have girlie chats!!

?

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies

Well this week I have lost 2lbs, was hoping for 3 but only because that would of meant I'd lost 2 stone in total, but there's always next week.

Hope you've all had good weeks, I've not tried the "skinny" water yet but I will do this week when we get our weekly shop.

?

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Woo-woo 2lb is a good loss in a week, you don't want to lose it too fast cos it's more likely to go back on then!! Don't think I've lost anything this week but I won't get on the scales til later. I've had a bit of a yoyo week with eating which usually means I stay where I am....

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Well done woo woo! 2lbs is great - and you will hit that 2 stone mark next week ?

i have been kinda good but went a bit ott with the el vino during sat nights X factor then had a burger king yesterday with the kids to 'feed' my hangover....

So, tonight im going to do my Coleen Mclaughlin workout DVD in the comfort of my own home. i will try to do it maybe thurs as well..... maybe!!

And im only on 30 min lunches this week so dont have time to gorge.

i really need 2lbs off this week to hit the 1 stone mark!

Woo Woo - We can do it!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics