Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fancyfree
Beginner April 2010

Wedding Weight Loss

fancyfree, 10 of August of 2009 at 18:44 Posted on Planning 0 196

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day?

I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed.

I'm seriously lacking motivation at the moment as I've had a grotty couple of weeks with H2B having to move away for work and my nan seriously ill. Need to make sure I don't un-do my good work though and comfort eat.

Anyone else looking for some support? I could do with it!

196 replies

Latest activity by Faruk, 20 of March of 2022 at 12:30
  • jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

I'm trying to lose 4 stone!!!! dunno whether it will happen or not... My OH is being such a sweetie and he's so supportive although he does come over all guilty sometimes for not letting my pig out!!!

Unfortunaely, due to joint hyper laxity I'm a bit restricted to how hard I can push myself on the exercise front so I'm just doing it at a pace that matches how my limbs are doing...

You could try the weight loss forum too, I'm sure you'll get loads of support and tips Smiley smile

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, I'm so similar! Am finding my resolve slipping without my H2B encouraging me.

I'm also hypermobile and have to take it a bit easy (and have my own special stretches cause the normal stretches don't actually have much of an impact on me).

Didn't realise there was a weightloss forum - numpty me!

I've lost 3 stone since January and have another 2 ideally to lose, but would be happy as I am if I can't shift any more.

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, I'm so similar! Am finding my resolve slipping without my H2B encouraging me.

I'm also hypermobile and have to take it a bit easy (and have my own special stretches cause the normal stretches don't actually have much of an impact on me).

Didn't realise there was a weightloss forum - numpty me!

I've lost 3 stone since January and have another 2 ideally to lose, but would be happy as I am if I can't shift any more.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that's really good!! i can't seem to shift anything at the moment but was on crutches until March this year having torn the ligaments in my right ankle (again!!!) Now having physio which has really helped and just started swimming again so hopefully should get plenty moving soon...

When are you getting married?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ouch ouch ouch!! Hope you're feeling better now? These things take a long time.

Getting married in April. Would be really bad to put weight on after my loss. Really must go to the gym tomorrow morning - MUST MUST MUST.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Getting there, thanks still have to be careful, it's the third time I've donr it and with other dislocations don't wanna risk pushing to hard and not being able to walk on the big day!!! but then I was always told that slow and steady wins the race lol

I also have a wii fit and a wii exercise coach which is great for doing exercises, I can work out every night and if it gets too hard I can try working a different part of my body without looking stupid (or at least without witnesses ? )

I'm a month after you so I guess I have a little more time....I'm more worried about the honeymoon the the wedding, I have underwear to 'hold it all in' but there's no hiding in a bikini lol

How's the rest of your planning?

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    princess*jen ·
    • Hide content

?absolutely, definately, posatively i had my 2nd daughter on december the 21st. and i have lost a stone and a half since then but would like to loose 2 more plus i have a yr to do it and with a 7 month old its not easy but i invested in an exercise bike. which i use when she naps and can burn 500cals in an hour on it. im just so focused about walking down the isle and being beautiful. i want people to look at me and think WOW look at her.? . jen. mrs rogers to be

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

Me!

Lost 12ib and have erm a fair bit more to go! Taking it really slow though - averaging less than a ib a week. Not allowing myself to go dress shopping until I have lost another 8lb.

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content

Me too!

Have lost 18lbs since start of June (had help thanks to swine flu!) still got a fair bit to go but I have over 2 years so think it's achievable, haven't lost any weight for a fortnight now so feeling a wee bit fed up but as long as I don't put on weight I'm reasonably happy, just need to find some motivation from somewhere!

x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Me three!

( But I have almost three years to loose it ? )

Ideally, I'd like to get into a size 10/12, but I don't know what that equates to in stones.

x

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh I'm torn between this thread and the sweets table one ?

For me I'm less concerned about weight - I don't have scales and don't weigh myself as in my younger years it became quite an obsession... What I would like to do (and hopefully the weight will follow) Is try and tone up quite a bit and get rid of all these flabby bits, I just can't find the motivation to do anything - get so tired after work...

I have about 8 months and must get a move on otherwise it will be too late... grrrrh!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL!

---

Glad I'm not alone - and lots of people with really sensible goals and time frames.

---

I agree about the weight loss - I tend to go on body fat and how well my clothes fit. For me, a stone equates to about a dress size so I've gone from an 18 to a 12. Would ideally be an 8, but then I am only 5'2. Started at 14 stone and now 11 stone - 9 would be my goal.

Here's my before and after (before = January, after = last month) so far (sorry about the face/pose!) The before pic the H2B snapped when I was in a shop and I was, frankly, horrified at myself. I was far too comfortable and lazy and I'd 'let myself go'!

Just need a kick up the bum again cause I've been slacking. Made it to the gym today though, but it was so tough cause I've not been for a month. Naughty naughty.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Fancyfree the transformation is amazing!!! well done you!!!!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh, cheers for that...then I guess I'd like to loose about 1/2 stone.

x

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a dramatic difference, I tend to avoid being photographed I don't like to see the hard evidence!

When my kids are older they will think I was never around cos hardly any pics of us togther as a family, I'm usually the one holding the camera.

Well done to fancy free!

x

• Cosmopolitan
    Beginner August 2010
    Cosmopolitan ·
    • Hide content

Me! I want to lose 2 and a half stone.

I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago. I lost 1.5 pounds my first week and its my second weigh in tonight. I've a wedding to go to in 8 week and I want to have lost a stone by then.

I also went back to the gym last night and boy am I aching today!

Should we have a weekly weigh in with each other? That might motivate us a bit more. If so, what day is best for everyone?

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would be up for that Cosmo, I do my big weigh in on a monday, good luck for your second weigh in x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mondays......would get me back on track after a weekend of indulging! lol

x

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I have 20lbs to loose - so far I have lost 4lbs! ? I think that this is a great idea for a thread, lets keep it bumped up

I would like to get down a dress size at least - my wedding dress no longer fits me ? and I have a session with the dress maker on 17th October - so I have some motivation back - the last time I tried it on I actually ripped it..........?

YOUR TASK FOR THIS MORNING SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT: I ate my yoghurt at 8am this morning - now I want snacks, I want chocolate, I want crisps - the vending machine is so close - please please help me to avoid it - Lunch is 3 hours away - how am I going to make it???

SC x

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

God I seriously need some motivation... I've done quite well since January but in the last 2 weeks I've seriouslyt gone off the rails.... I really must stop eating cr*p!!

Just had my weetabix so I've started today with good intentions! Got my first dress fitting tonight so have brought my spanx with me so I can get all sucked in! Even if I just lose another 0.5 stone before the wedding it would be good.... I'm not expecting miracles as I've left it far too late and have my hen do and birthday inbetween!

Would love to join the weigh in, I am signed up the the weightloss resources website which lets you count and monitor your cals and sat fats etc, I usually "weigh in" on a Friday, that way I can have a wee bit of a restbite at the weekend (i,e, a couple of glasses of vino!) and be full on focussed Sun thru to Friday for the next weigh in....

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

I haven't weighed myself since last November....

......shall I go and do it?! I'm absolutely dreading it!

{nail biting icon}

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Like cosmo i have been doing Weight Watchers, have lost nearly 4 and a half stone (only 3lbs to go) in a year, so.... hoping to lose another 4 before the wedding, but if not i would be happy to lose 2, 2 and a half stone.

My OH has been so good and has really helped me, even though he didn't need to he started to do weight watchers with me and has ended up losing nearly 2 stone and has comfortably reached is goal weight within weight watchers, which i am so pleased for him!!!!

I didn't start losing weight for the wedding tho, but now it is part of my motivation.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, good luck with the wedding weight loss guys!! I was doing the same thing in the 6 months before my wedding and it can be done! This was me in January 2008 and again in July 2008, going from a size 18 to a size 10:

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is so me!! I have just cancelled my gym membership yesterday as I wasnt using it, was going about once a month?, so I have decided to buy the wii sports active and we have the wii fit. hoping that if its at home set up ready to go I will go on it more?.

I have put on a stone since living with OH, want to get rid of at least half of that, but toning up is my main goal. Ive got quite the pot belly at the mo!! he he, and OH is really sporty and fit which makes it worse. I need to get my general fitness level up as well and get into a routine of doing excercise.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the toning up thing, I've been trying to lose weight for ages and so far I havent lost a lb but I've dropped half an inch off my waist and gone from a 34E to a 32F.....

Maybe we could do weekly measure ins?? would that be a healthy way to go about it? And like OLL said, I don't want to get too obsessive about the scales...

On another note, Mondays are good for me too ?

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow Mel what a transformation, that's dedication and determination for you, you must be very proud of yourself x

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow thats amazing those of you that have posted pics!! Its great to be able to see before and afters.

that would suit me, especially as muscle weighs more than fat ?(!! i think, any excuse)

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been told that too ?

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, would definitely be into a weekly weigh/measure in! I took out gym membership in January and tried to go it alone but eventually decided I needed help at the start of June and hired a personal trainer (local council gym, very good deal!). I'm now at the gym 3 times a week (without fail!) doing 30mins weights, 30 mins cardio and 20-30 toning. I have a weekly half hour session with the trainer just to check that I'm doing the toning properly and she always gives me a total fat-burning blast too (only about 5 minutes but really horrible! Will all be worth it).

So far I've lost about a stone (only started weighing myself when I hired the trainer) but it's true about muscle weighing more than fat - I put on 2 pounds one week, couldn't work out how it was that much and was raging with myself until the trainer measured me - I'd lost an inch and a half off my waist and she said that's probably where the weight had come from. Still got 2 stone to go to get to my ideal weight but I'm not stressing if I don't get there before the wedding - a healthy rate of loss and the ability to maintain afterwards is more important than being super-skinny on the day!

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Me me me!

I definitely want to lose weight. At the moment I'm a size 12 and I'd like to get back to a size 8/10, like I was in this picture:

I thought I was fat then. Now I'd give my left arm to be that size again!

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Wow Jen - what a lovely flat tum! I am the green eyed monster

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I started Weight Watchers on 2nd August and so far have lost 7lbs. Haven't had my first weigh in yet as I've been on hols so not sure how much I will have lost by this Sunday.

I want to lose about 6 stone/ 3 dress sizes by our wedding in September next year. I hope it's achievable! I just want to look my best on the day - I am being SO strict with myself - weighing all my food and measuring sauces etc.

We should all start a thread in the weight loss forum and keep eachother posted on weight loss and also motivate one another! I am LOVING Weight Watchers popcorn at the moment - yummalicious! Oh and I think I'm going to turn into a tuna/ prawn as I'm eating so much of the stuff..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics