Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fancyfree
Beginner April 2010

Wedding Weight Loss

fancyfree, 10 of August of 2009 at 18:44

Posted on Planning 196

Hello, Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day? I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed. I'm seriously...

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day?

I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed.

I'm seriously lacking motivation at the moment as I've had a grotty couple of weeks with H2B having to move away for work and my nan seriously ill. Need to make sure I don't un-do my good work though and comfort eat.

Anyone else looking for some support? I could do with it!

196 replies

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Saracroft! I am so annoyed I looked like that, didn't appreciate it, and then let myself get fat.

BUT, on a more positive note- I've done it before so I know I can do it again!

• shionaf
    Beginner November 2009
    shionaf ·
    • Hide content

Count me in!!

I joined WW two weeks ago and have lost 5lbs so far. I must say I have ( so far) found it easy to follow and despite still having my wine etc at weekends am losing. That will no doubt come back a ndhaunt me as I went out for a curry to celebrate last night after weigh in - well it was my birthday!!

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mel, cannot believe the difference!! You look amazing!! Well done you.

Saracroft totally agree, Jen i would give my 2 arms, legs and maybe my the rest of what is left for a tummy like that!! ? But you've got the right attitude,

I get weighed at weight watchers thursday evening ☹️ dreading this week as i feel like i have gained.

(great thread! as i certainly need some motivation)

• shionaf
    Beginner November 2009
    shionaf ·
    • Hide content

Oh Almost MrsP - you are nearly my date twin by the look of things!!! We can be wedding and weight loss buddies!!!!!!!?

• T
    thirteentreasures ·
    • Hide content

I'm bigger than I wanted to be by now, sigh. ☹️ I'm kind of between 2 dress sizes and would like to get down to the lower one. haven't bought dress yet but it's for October 10th. and before you have a heart attack, i'm buying off the peg on a small budget. i could hang on longer and see if i can shift a bit more but time a is apassing and I don't want it to be a massive rush to find accessories etc.

• Cosmopolitan
    Beginner August 2010
    Cosmopolitan ·
    • Hide content

Right ladies, how about we do a weekly weigh or measure in? You can choose whether you want to do weight loss, inches lost or both.

Mondays ok with everyone? If people go to slimming world or weight watchers later in the week they can just update then.

Fab weight losses already ladies!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Weight loss in pounds and inches lost, on a Monday sounds good .... ( but can we not divulge what we actually weigh please ? )

• shionaf
    Beginner November 2009
    shionaf ·
    • Hide content

Weight loss is good for me especially as I get weighed on a Monday. I dont really measure inches but hopefully will start as the weight drops! I will measure bits tonight so i have a comparison as time goes on.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great, Mondays and inch loss for me (as I can't seem to drop the weight!!!) it might have to be cms.....

I'm happy to start the new thread each Monday if that's OK with everyone? is evening ok or should we open a bit earlier? I usually measure myself when I get in from work...

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Wasn't expecting this thread to take off quite so much!

I definitely hope this will be a great place to keep motivation up - accountability is so important for me as I'm far more demotiviated if I've got noone to keep up to speed.

I think personal progress is key - measure it how you're comfortable. Let's just be the moral support and (gentle) reminders each other needs!

My H2B is visiting tonight (oo-er) so I may sin and have something scrummy when he gets in at 11pm! And maybe some champers too as I've just got a new job!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

? I made heart shaped scones earlier, now they just have to be eaten with butter, jam and cream ?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Top diet advice from a Devon lass:

Forgo the butter, and add it to your cream allowance. ;-)

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haaaaa, I like your style ?

Plus, surely because they're heart shaped they wont be bad for me, because they're too twee?!?! lol

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes, kitsch baking is never fattening.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good ?

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yay! An almost date twin for Almost Mrs P!?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Can i join, except i don't want to lose any weight? Can i join to stay the same and tone up? I've bought my dress and i don't want to lose any weight or my dress will be too big. My aim to to stay the same weight and tone my arms, legs and belly up by september next year. I cycle to work every day and i need to go to the gym more. Will start again when i go back to uni so i can train with my housemate. My OH is too fit for my and i can't keep up with his work out where as my housemate and i are similar. x

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Went swimming for an hour and a half today, woop. Lovely outdoor pool and we were the only people about! Admittedly it was with H2B and so mostly involved splashing, play fighting and trying to do the dirty dancing lift. Ah well, all good fun still.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Still good exercise!! (I'd put it down as an hour swimming lol)

I had physio on Monday so decided to take it easy, still managed half an hour of yoga with the wii fit yesterday!!!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

It's Monday...

Have been working fromhome today, so was able to get a good hour in at the gym this morning. Will do weighing and measuring later on.

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Rightio:

I have done 5 hours of training this week,

Diet was good Mon- Fri but went out of the window at the weekend - looking at joining up to Brtish Military Fitness in the next few weeks,

I had lost 6lbs but put 1lb back on this morning - feeling slightly crap about that but hey ho

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've also put 1lb on so I too am feeling a bit rubbish, although I haven't done any exercise at all for a week so not too surprising, just had no get up and go, seriously need to get motivation back, 22 pounds down and loads more to go Smiley sad

Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so perhaps you have toned up after your work outs and therefore not gained at all x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Rather you than me love! It looks too scary!

I am knackered from just walking round at the car show all yesterday and having a four year old child on my hip for about half an hour!

• C
    Beginner September 2009
    crazzycat ·
    • Hide content

I usually loose weight by trainings i am running every morning for a wek and notice that became more slim

-----------------------------

Crazzy about jessica alba wallpaper...

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Ooh La La - you should join British Military Fitness in D'dee once you're settled ... : )

I might even join you if you were game.... ?

• shionaf
    Beginner November 2009
    shionaf ·
    • Hide content

I didnt realise there was one here - I may go and investigate !! But as i get out of puff at moment lacing up my trainers it may be a bit beyond me just now.

This weeks weigh in --- 2.5 lbs on. But as was birthday week and had 2 meals out and 3 night out not really unexpected.

Slap wrists - must try harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

Have just been to the gym and run till my little legs were about to fall off....... let's hope next weeks weigh in is better for me!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aye Shionaf - its in Baxter Pk .... a friend of mine goes - swears by it - and lack of fitnes is not reason not to go (apparently!) - some of the O/T lot are BMF fanatics (although I've not found anyone who does any of the Fife ones!)

You get a free trial - worth a lookie at least?! I wish they did one in Kirkcaldy - Dundee is a bit too far to commit to go twice a week!

• Cosmopolitan
    Beginner August 2010
    Cosmopolitan ·
    • Hide content

Well I get weighed tomorrow, so will give my update then. I've been naughty this week though and I've got my monthlies today so can feel a chocolate craving coming on!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

So excited I've posted it twice (sorry, started a new thread instead of coming back to this one ?)

I lost a pound! a whole one! having not shifted any weight (just inches) for ages and ages!?

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

So excited I've posted it twice (sorry, started a new thread instead of coming back to this one ?)

I lost a pound! a whole one! having not shifted any weight (just inches) for ages and ages!?

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I get weighed tomorrow night so we'll see. I'm not sure about this week. If i lose 1.5lbs then i'll have hit my first half stone. If that's the case i'm so having a McDonalds after weigh in! I've done Weight Watchers before and never had a problem but this time i'm finding it really hard which is strange seeing as this time I have the incentive of a wedding dress to fit in to!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics