Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fancyfree
Beginner April 2010

Wedding Weight Loss

fancyfree, 10 of August of 2009 at 18:44

Posted on Planning 196

Hello, Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day? I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed. I'm seriously...

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day?

I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed.

I'm seriously lacking motivation at the moment as I've had a grotty couple of weeks with H2B having to move away for work and my nan seriously ill. Need to make sure I don't un-do my good work though and comfort eat.

Anyone else looking for some support? I could do with it!

196 replies

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

You will both do it! Well done for gettiong so far ?

Louise, I do boxing on the wii every night and have a ministry of sound workout dvd too (although I find it harder to make myself use that than the wii fit!!lol)

Wish could drop the lbs! but I gues at least dropping the inches and toning up, I know I will get into my wedding dress! I was measured between 2 sizes so I've gone for the one down!!!!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Jem how are your arms after the boxing on the wii fit? Mine always ache for days, although I suppose that's a good thing, so would that work on my bingo wings then?

Inches is just as good as lbs Jem so don't get disheartened, plus you've got that dress to aim for, your almost there! When is your next fitting?

Louise I love love love burger king, especially their fries and what choice did you have, the kids practically force fed you it, it's not your fault!

I really think this thread is helping me to stay on the straight and narrow, kind of like I have someone to answer too, daft eh!

xxx

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

I always feel it in my arms and across my shoulders, I really feel like I've had a good workout when I've done it and even remember to hold my tummy in!!lol

Have to say, I'm not a BK fan but I do like the occasional McDonalds or Chinese (Chicken Fried Rice is healthy, right!?!?!?!?!?)

I feel the same, I feel like I'm obligated to check my weight and inch loss regularly I don't think I'd be quite so strict without it!lol

Only ordered the dress last week so will probably be sometime after Christmas that I go for my first fitting, gives me a reason not to splurge on the chocs then!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

I love chicken fried rice! It's my kids fav too. I now have chow mein as was told that's less calories, dunno if that's true though!

Mmmmm reason's not to splurge on chocs??? That's a hard one I must say. I think I'm really going to struggle over Christmas especially with all the sweets and selection boxes my kids will get, it's going to be sooo hard, xmas really isn't fun for dieters is it? Can't think of a reason not to splurge except that we'll have more work for ourselves in the New Year!

x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

I have something to keep me going, I can have chocolates and other goodies, OR I can fit into my wedding dress!! Repeat as many times as necessary ?

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Woo woo, chow mein all the way... it the healthiest thing that still tastes like chinese!!!

a tip if you like your chocolate is to put it the fridge first so that its really hard, that way it takes longer to eat - even if you only have a few squares!!

My downfall is crisps - i could eat them all day long!!

the thing is i feel really good when ive had a 'good' day, or if i actually do any exercise!! i just eat out of boredom, plus it doesnt help when the kids are tucking into BKs and the like....

im drinking tea like its going out of fashion to stop my stomach rumbling till i get home to my ww meal for one.....

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Hello fellow dieters!

Ive got my weekly weigh in @ 6pm................................................ I HATE mondays !!!

XX

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

At least that gets it out of the way!!! ?

Good Luck!! ?

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Today is the first day of my new diet. It's not too strict, just cutting out the cr*p and trying to keep to 1300 cals.

I'm so hungry for dinner but H2B doesn't get home til after 6! Keep me from the fridge! ?

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think Monday is a cr@p nite to go... cant have fun at the weekend (my 'fun' always involves food and alcohol) or have a full on sunday roast unless I do shed loads of exercise! ☹️

I can always find fault with whatever day that I go, my best day was a Wednesday morning 10am (but Im working that day now) I could get up get ready and go without even having a chance to think about food!!!

Ignore me, Im always moody on a monday lol!!

X

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Stayed this same this week ? thought I might have put on...........!!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Same as me! At least we aren't getting bigger!lol I'm sat here snacking on raspberries but I've nearly finished the punnet!!

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Good for you both!!!

Staying the same means that next week even more is coming off ?

I have been running around like a headless chicken since finishing work - picking up kids, dropping off H2B, dealing with blimmin call centres!!! ? (AAAAARRGGHH!!!) so havent even sat down to my dinner yet!! im STARVING... but its in the oven. Boys in the bath. As soon as they go down to bed im settling down in my jammies with my candles on and my dinner!! ooh and flash forward on 9pm channel 5, yaaaas bliss!!!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Hi folks

I've stayed the same this week ☹️ had a really good week aswell as I was desperate to get to the 2 stone mark so not sure what's happened there, nevermind as Louise said last week staying the same hopefully means a bigger loss next week.

x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Woo-woo as long as you're staying the same, you're not putting anything on!! Are you toning up at all? that would make your weight stay the same but you would still be slimmer...

I actually had a decent loss this week! 3lb!! I'm soo pleased with myself, now just gotta keep it up....

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Week 2 of the diet this week!

I actually did really well last week, so proud of myself. I went out for dinner on Saturday as a treat but didn't go wild and the rest of the week I stuck pretty rigidly to the diet!

I have decided that I'm not weighing for another couple of weeks as my body seems to take a month to adjust before any weight starts coming off and it's just too depressing for me to weigh myself and see no difference in the number when I know I'm working my butt off!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

WELL DONE JEM!!!

3 lbs is fab, you must be so pleased with yourself x

I'm trying to tone up, especially my jelly belly, I can feel it working (just can't see it yet) keep meaning to measure, definately will this week!

x

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls, just thought i would pop in to see how you all are doing, and not too bad by the sounds of it, ? well done to you all!!!! im looking to shift another half a stone before August not such a big goal, very do-able but im just concerned about keeping it off, as in the last 2yrs ive lost 3 stone but that blasted half a stone keeps coming back!!!

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi All

Havent updated for awhile work has been made but so far in about 3 weeks Ive lost half a stone YAY - Ive been going to the gym everyday as well I started on Saturday so fingers crossed!! Only 6.5 stone to go lol!!!!

Claire xx

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Well done claire!! That's fantastic!

Thanks woo-woo ? I'm over the moon, it's been so hard for me to lose anything...just have to keep going, snacking on grapes atm to try and kill my chocolate craving!! lol

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Hope all my fellow slimmers are doing well this week, just bumping thread for BoroKate, will check in on monday!

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the bump woo-woo,

I started my holiday diet in July and then I got engaged on holiday so its turned into the wedding diet!

I've lost 20lb up to now and have 15lb to go to reach target - i really dont wanna waddle down the aisle. I relapsed (stuffed my face) for a couple of weeks while I was on holiday but am getting back on track now, lost 4lb in the last couple of weeks.

Well done to everyone else on here, I know how hard it is to keep the motivation going but just keep thinking of that wedding dress.

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Wow thats fab borokate!!! well done I missed my weigh in this week as i was working but my scales at home say so far ive lost 7lbs YAY

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies

Well lost 2lbs this week, so I've now lost 2stone and 1lb, really chuffed I can now say 2 stone lol, hoping for another 1 stone by xmas but we'll see, finding it alot harder to shift it now for some reason.

Bought the Gillian McKeith bridal diet book, she is one cheeky cow eh, didn't like her on tv but she does get good results, so figured could get her tips etc without having to listen to her annoying patronising voice, but I can still hear her in my head as I'm reading lol!

"if you're walking down the aisle with a blowted belly your guests are bound to think it's a shot gun wedding and who could blame them" ended up throwing the book on the floor after that, will no doubt dip in and out over the next year or so but only in small doses!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Well done woo-woo!

I lost 2lb as well this week so really happy although for me that's still just under half a stone.... Onwards and upwards though! I have my last exam for my degree tomorrow so will have more time to give to the wii fit and cooking healthy meals!!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jem and well done to you too.

The wii fit is a god send, I don't have the time or money to go to the gym so I just love the wii fit, are you going to get the new add on that's just come out? Think I will as it's only £20.

I love the step plus and the boxing, also enjoy the yoga but I am truly rubbish at it lol.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks woo-woo. I've been thinking about it and might just treat myself (is treat the right word???). I LOVE the boxing, I really feel like I've had a good workout and the step plus is great, I've started freestepping to the simpsons before my tea!!!lol I have trouble with some of the yoga and other muscle ones as I have no balance (think it's called proprioception) so I keep falling over but some of them are really good and you can really feel the stretch! ?

• jen52637
    Beginner
    jen52637 ·
    • Hide content

Yay, well done everyone on your weight loss. You're all doing really well!

I finally weighed myself this morning after 2 weeks of dieting and have lost 2lbs! A pound a week will have me at my goal by Valentine's! I find it really difficult to lose weight, particularly as I'm not overweight so it doesn't come off quickly at all. But then, if I lose it slowly it's more likely to stay off, right?

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Well done everyone, sounds like you're all working really hard to get to where you want to be. My weight loss has been negligible the last few weeks, hence not posting on here (I can't face coming on every week saying "no change AGAIN!"?. I've relaxed a wee bit on the diet front which is probably why it's not coming off but I think the inches are slowly shifting. Had a very embarrassing training session with personal trainer this evening - she had me shoulder pressing some hideous amount of weight and I was making the kind of noises you'd usually only expect to hear in a labour ward and once I'd finished my blood pressure went so high I nearly blacked out! ?

Net result, training session cut short before I did myself a damage and sent to go and get a bar of chocolate out the vending machine with strict instruction not to drive home for half an hour and to call the gym to let them know when I did get in safely! The shame, I feel like such a wuss! Must try harder next time......

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Hey AlmostMrsP

That sounds a wee bit scary, how are you feeling now?

Had to laugh at the description of the sounds you were making, I can just imagine!

Think your trainer needs a wee slap on the wrists, sounds as though you were really struggling.

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

Have to say, I've not really been attempting to lose weight :s I'm pretty happy with the way my dress really squidges me in. My H2B however has been losing a lot fo weight, he was very concious of his stomach. Several years ago he was very skinny & suffered a bad skiing accident which meant he was unable to walk for several months then had an operation & was unable to walk again. So he gained quite a bit of weight. He's doing really well. Eating muesli in the morning, pitta bread & humous for lunch & raisins as snacks & then a relatively healthy dinner Smiley smile

My only concern is my back flab (nice!). I've got a strapless, corset style dress & my slight squidge on my upper arms is not attractive. Any handy hints as to how I might shift it?! I'm really hoping my hair grows a little to make sure it's covered :s

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Lol, I was fine within half an hour. Apparently this can happen if you do weights above your head, your blood struggles to get up to your fingers and you go all woozy - even massive big weightlifters get it it seems. Still a bit galling as the trainer could do the shoulder presses with the same weights no bother and she's 8 months pregnant! ? Think we'll be concentrating on lower down weights next time......

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics