Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fancyfree
Beginner April 2010

Wedding Weight Loss

fancyfree, 10 of August of 2009 at 18:44

Posted on Planning 196

Hello, Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day? I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed. I'm seriously...

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else was looking to shift a bit of weight before the big day?

I've lost some already, have 8 months to go, ordered my wedding dress a few weeks ago - in a slightly snug size (but would be OK) which could be laced tighter or even taken in if needed.

I'm seriously lacking motivation at the moment as I've had a grotty couple of weeks with H2B having to move away for work and my nan seriously ill. Need to make sure I don't un-do my good work though and comfort eat.

Anyone else looking for some support? I could do with it!

196 replies

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Well this week I have lost zilch, zippo, zero, nada, none ? (my average for the past few weeks has been about 2-3 lbs a week) I haven't done the measuring thing yet because I'm going for my weekly death-session with the personal trainer tomorrow and she weighs and measures me at the end.

I'm sure I've not lost anything because we had people over and of course that meant the house was full of nibbles - and it appears that I am not to be trusted in the same building as a bowl of salted peanuts.? I suppose I should be grateful I haven't gained anything! Went to the gym and managed to shave 2 mins 20 seconds off my previous time for a 3k row so it can't be all bad and since I'm seeing the trainer tomorrow hopefully that will burn some more fat.

Beginner July 2010
    *hoppit* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry im a bit late in replying! I havent lost any but ive not put any on either. I am blaming the fact that I didnt weigh and measure myself until thursday! Off now to try and make a healthy lunch, which isnt easy when I dont eat anything thats green!

• B
    Beginner January 2010
    bridetobehaha ·
    • Hide content

Hi , Saracroft251, you should try and snack on carrots/ celery/ fruit etc, or chew sugar free gum, you will forget about being hungry and can enjoy your lunch!!

Bridetobehaha?

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies - me too v late and uncommited the last week!

Feeling generally down and 'heavy' - everyone is pissing me off! Will try and get some positiveness and progress for next week!

sorry - rant rant......

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

OK, didn't post last night as H2B made a surprise trip home!! Weeeeee!!

Had a session with my personal trainer today (after making it to the gym yesterday too) - totally wrung out now! He's somehow persuaded me to go to the spinning class on Thursday too. Jeepers. I'd better lose something this week.

• Cosmopolitan
    Beginner August 2010
    Cosmopolitan ·
    • Hide content

Well I lost the half pound tonight that I'd put on last week. Its going in the right direction I suppose, I just wanted to lose more!

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry forgot to post! Well last week i gained 1.5lbs! Little bit dissapointed but did go to pizza express with a sabator of a friend he he!!

Will let you know how i get on thursday.

Well done to everyone who has lost weight this week, and keep your chins up to everyone who gained!!

Good luck to everyone who has got the weigh in or measurements due!!

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I only lost 1/2lb so didn't reach my first half stone. Maybe next week!

• sarahl79
    Beginner September 2010
    sarahl79 ·
    • Hide content

I weighed in at Slimming World last night and had lost 4.5lbs :-D that makes a total of 3st 2.5lbs since last September.

When I got home H2B told me how proud he was of me so today despite being tired and not looking forward to work I am feeling pleased with myself :-)

Good luck everyone - it can be done! I'd like to lose another 10-14lbs and it's not been easy so wish me luck x

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Must have missed this thread initially as I'm catching up to it quite late, but can I join in the weight loss club pleeeeeease?!

Like someone else said, I was trying to lose weight before anyway so it's not purely for the wedding, that's just more of an incentive and gives me more of a time frame too. I just seem to have piled on the lard since meeting T and especially since moving in together! Last year I managed to lose 22lbs of it, and then put about 12lbs of that back on gradually, just got a bit complacent really. So I started weight watchers again properly in January this year and my running total off now is 15lbs.

Ideally I want to get another half a stone off at least before I even start wedding dress shopping, so hoping to do that within a month but not sure how realistic that is! Then by the actual wedding I would love to be 2 stone lighter, that's my goal anyway and I have 11 months to do it. I know I can but I just need to buck my ideas up at weekends, I have this strange thing in my brain that seems to tell me that weekends I can be naughty! In the week I am perfectly fine and nothing even tempts me, it's very strange.

My weigh-in is tonight so fingers crossed, went swimming last night after work and then had fishcakes and rocket salad which was yummy and low in points so have been very good, think I deserve a loss but don't want to jinx it!

Well done everyone who is losing or trying to lose, I know how bloody hard it can be!

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Stazzle

Just to say hope your weigh in goes ok, I think people are just posting loss or gain after their weigh-ins, although most are on a Monday.

This is a great thread and was a really good idea, fingers crossed we all get to where we want to be! I have an even bigger incentive now, OH has just booked our HM to Jamaica and whilst I could use underwear to hold it all in on the day that's not going to work on the beach!! lol

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, just a quick post. Getting weighed tonight!!! So nervous!!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Well ladies, I've just been to my first spinning class! It wasn't anywhere near as awful as I thought it would be (though it was the first session of the beginners' class). Worked up a nice sweat to some music and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The half hour just flew past!

The only thing I will say is - HOW THE HECK do the men in the class cope?! After the first sitting back on the saddle I felt like I was being cut in half. It is not comfortable to have a permanent wedgie for half an hour, trying to make it better by swinging your hips wide as you peddle stood up to 'rearrange' things. Any tips?!

• lizzyleek
    Beginner October 2010
    lizzyleek ·
    • Hide content

O my god you must be so proud of yourself for what you have achived already!!! well done you!!!

I am looking to lose 3-4 stone ideally, I also have a wii fit / wii active and the exercises are really good but I too started slacking so I am in the process of a bran flake diet and 4 work outs per week!

I really could not motivate myself to do the work outs due to my gorgeous 10 month old has not heard of naps lol S o my H2B has started putting the boys to bed by 8.30pm and we do the work out together which has been helping me a lot! so fingers crossed I will start to lose!!!

I really can't get over your pics!!!

• shionaf
    Beginner November 2009
    shionaf ·
    • Hide content

How are we doing tis week ladies?? I have lost just 1lb but having put 3 on last week am pretty happy with that.

Must stop having a social lfe though as i think its the saturday ciders that are stopping my losing more as I know my food/points is good.

My m um has lst 7.5 lbs so far though and as I really went mainly to suppot her am pleased for her.

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content

Well after not losing anything for a fortnight I have lost 2 lbs this week, total lost since June is now 18lbs. Slowly but surely it's coming off with the help of the Wii fit and also now schools are back I will be walking more so that also will help!

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

OK so I lost 1lb this week. After walking an hour each day (as usual - to work and back), two gym sessions, a spinning class and a day playing rounders. I feel a little cheated, but would have probably but substantially more on as I was, truly, GREEDY this weekend with various birthdays and H2B home for celebration meals. Still, I gorged myself rotten and it was wonderful! Only boring people don't eat.

Cue boring this week.

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

???? I lost 2lb!!!! so excited!!! Can't believe it's finally started dropping off!!!!!!

• emilyx1
    Beginner September 2010
    emilyx1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope I'm not joining too late! I have had a huge motivation boost since I've found the perfect dress. I haven't weighed myself in a good six months so I got on the scales and am 10st 4 (not too bad thought i'd be more) I'm looking to get to 9st so here's fingers crossed i loose some this week for when I do the next weigh in. (Davina I'm counting on you, lol!!)

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Hello all,

Think this fell by the wayside this week because of the Bank Holiday.

Still no loss for me (still eating too much yummy stuff, mainly with friends!) but today I had an hour and a half of one-on-one interval training. I can barely type, I'm totally exhausted. Waiting for my banana and blueberry yoghurt shake to kick in. (Really tasty by the way!)

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Well having lost no weight whatsoever for the last fortnight I've finally started losing again - about 2 lbs off this week. ? Has definitely been the amount of water I'm drinking - trainer suggested that if I drank more water it will sluice the nutrients from my food round my body without my body having to break down the fat in the food to look for them (or something like that anyway!). Lost heaps when I started drinking the water but fell off the wagon a wee bit with it in the last few weeks and lo and behold, stopped losing weight. Now I've started on the water again it's coming off again!

Also started a new routine with a new trainer cos my previous trainer is now on maternity leave so lots and lots of playing on the big bouncy gym ball - great fun and apparently superb for my tummy and love handles.

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to mak the effort to loose a few pounds as my wedding dress will look better on me! Good old school dinners will help as I will get a more balanced diet! lol ?

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

No weight loss for me this week but I did lose an inch off my waist!! ?

• LennonLuver
    Beginner September 2011
    LennonLuver ·
    • Hide content

Another 2lbs for me, lots if walking now school back.

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Hello all (again).

Just did my weekly spinning class (well I've made it three in a row so I can say it's weekly now I suppose!) and it was tough tough tough. There was sweat dripping off the end of my nose - urgh.

It's only since January that I've been taking regular exercise, and just wondered what anyone else did? I like cycling, but only long rides with pub stops. I don't like running at all, and can just about tolerate it on a treadmill. It's winter now and I'm worried that all my activity will be the gym! The cross trainer and rowing is good fun, and of course I do weights and stuff. I walk to and from work (30 mins each way) and usually walk into town and around town for my lunch hour but without weekend summery jaunts and cravings for mash I might lose motivation!

Still, this thread has kept me on fairly good behaviour for the past month or so. Long may it continue.

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Came across this while doing a search for threads on weight loss and this seemed the most recent.

Well I have lost 24lbs since June, mainly from walking, trying to eat less and do more and it does seem to be working so far.

How is everyone else getting on?

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Woo-woo, this is the most recent but I think most people have come to a bit of a standstill over the summer!!lol since my last post I've lost another 1/2 pound so I'm getting a bit frustrated!!!

24lb is really good work! I need to step up my regime a bit but my physio has been a bit intensive recently and I've been struggling to do much....

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

I imagine physio is quite tough on your body, your best not to overdo it especially if your struggling, it's not good to push yourself x

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

I know, but I want results noooowww!!! lol I'm very impatient!!!! ?

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Woo-woo well done on your loss so far! 24 lb is fantastic, and especially the healthy way.

jem, it must be really frustrating to not be able to get out to do more but you just have to listen to your body I suppose? Better to be healthy and not injured than thin for the sake of it.

Oh hello everyone (and old thread) I actually posted an updated pic yesterday on another thread. I've not lot any more weight, but my mum came to visit me after not having seen me for 4 weeks and said I was shrinking. So maybe I'll just go by pics from now on. Did another 90 minute session with my trainer today and it was so hard. He admitted he'd really been pushing me. Think I must be putting muscle on if the scales aren't changing but the fat is disappearing?

Re-post of the updated pic

• mummy2hannah
    Beginner August 2011
    mummy2hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I know I'm really late but can I join in please? I want to lose 4stone by the big day and am joining Weight Watchers this week!

Congratulations everyone who's lost the lbs! even 1 is a start!! FancyFree the difference is incredible, your mum is right lol. Muscles weigh more than fat so the pounds will probably be harder to drop if you're toning up!! Sorry, I know I'm stating the obvious and just reiterating what others have said lol xx

• M
    Beginner July 2010
    mrslowndes2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi All

Again really late on this one aswell but can I join 2 please?? Well done to everyone so far who has lost weight!! Esp Fancyfree those pics r amazing!! I want to loose about 6 stone or from a size 18 - ideally a 10 before the wedding day although I wont beat myself up if I make it to a 12 instead by the big day. Started Slimming world its my second weigh in tomorrow I lost 1.5lbs last week and I was really naughty as it was my 2 best friends 25th birthday so I went out and drank LOTS of cocktails!! lol

Ive started hips bums and tums yesterday and thought I was gonna die lol i looked like a plumb when i finished!!! Im doing 2 more classes this week either boxercise or spinning and aerodance on sat.

So fingers crossed for tomorrow!! My scales say so far this week I have lost 2lbs so keeping everything crossed!!

Claire xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics