Skip to main content

Wedding Attire

Join Group

Looking for inspiration for your wedding look? Here we talk about wedding dresses, wedding suits, tuxedos, shoes, veils, accessories, jewellery... so you can find the perfect outfit that makes you feel and look your very best.

members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
S
Platform heels for beach wedding?
Sarah, 6 of February of 2024 at 23:38

Got my dress sorted now for the shoes, we still haven't picked venue but will either be garden/outdoors, or on the beach. I'd like a bit of height and platform heels I find are most comfortable. Are...

Ramsey, saturday 10-Feb-24 8 48
L
Veil or no veil ?
Leanne, 27 of January of 2024 at 12:55

Veil or no veil ? I bought my dress totally unplanned and unprepared , had nobody with me etc . I’m torn on whether to wear a veil or not ? I’m just thinking the venue is stunning in the country and...

Kate, saturday 10-Feb-24 12 417
Sophi
Plus size alternative wedding dresses
Sophi, 23 of December of 2023 at 00:21

Hi🙋🏻‍♀️ I'm recently engaged and I'm looking at all these dresses online that are not my style (I never wear white!) And I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for alternative plus size suppliers...

Tammy, friday 9-Feb-24 1 34
T
Dress alterations - the art of the possible?
Ts, 6 of February of 2024 at 00:08

Hi all, Looking for some advice - I bought this sample dress from a shop which is closing down. I love the lace but was hoping to get some advice on the art of the possible in terms of customising it...

Ts, thursday 8-Feb-24 3 138 1
Gabrielle
i don't want a really long wedding dress! i can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? i am also on a budget... Thanks, Ga
Gabrielle, 3 of February of 2024 at 14:52

I don't want a really long wedding dress! I can only find the long ones with ultra long trails... Can anyone help? I am also on a budget... Thanks, Gabrielle

James, thursday 8-Feb-24 9 133
R
Cut off point for guests
Rebecca, 29 of January of 2024 at 17:07

Hello everyone I'm getting married in July 2025 and my mum thinks I should invite everyone we know but me and my partner are paying for the wedding what should I do as we couldn't afford to feed them...

Jhon, wednesday 7-Feb-24 20 526
N
Help! Sophia Tolli sizing question
Niamh, 16 of January of 2024 at 21:42

Hello there, I have fallen in love with the Sophia Tolli Kennedy dress and had tried it on in a boutique here locally. I happened to be browsing online and found that's it's being sold on a 'bride to...

Ashleigh, sunday 4-Feb-24 4 82
M
Colour scheme
Mairead, 28 of January of 2024 at 10:25

Hi everyone! My fiancé wants to wear a black tux for the day. I like navy for bridesmaids but then it would clash. What do you think? Anyone got any good ideas for colours for bridesmaids with black...

RomanticGreenStation, wednesday 31-Jan-24 1 51
C
Alteration to wedding dress
Carly, 26 of January of 2024 at 11:16

Hi, I have found a Stella York wedding dress that I love, however it’s plus size, now I’m on a budget and it is second hand! I am a high street 10 and the dress is a high street 14. Would it be...

Shay, tuesday 30-Jan-24 2 50
S
When to start dress shopping
Sarah, 15 of January of 2024 at 10:53

We are planning on getting married this year, when and where is still unknown, as we are looking at something abroad or maybe here in the UK. I have found some boutiques for wedding dresses I'd like...

Ian, monday 29-Jan-24 18 484
Beglin
👰🏻‍♀️
Beglin, 21 of January of 2024 at 04:51

Ladies!!! Please can you provide me with suggestions on wedding dress shops! I’m in West Sussex’s, closest city is Petworth, but I’m happy to go to London to get a dress. Any recommendations on...

Diane, sunday 28-Jan-24 2 35 1
Jade
Dress shops
Jade, 23 of January of 2024 at 18:18

Hi! I'm looking for dress shop suggestions that do ombre/dip dyed dresses preferably. Even having the top half white and bottom another colour is fine. Affordable options would be great and uk based...

Laura, sunday 28-Jan-24 1 19
Eiman
Wedding in Egypt at the Citadel :)))
Eiman, 28 of January of 2024 at 10:47

Hola everyone, I am quite newbie here. I am getting married in August near the Pyramids… I got my engagement dress from Pronovias and it was amazing. Now for the wedding gown, any recommendations for...

Eiman, sunday 28-Jan-24 15
C
Groom suit supplier
Claire, 8 of January of 2024 at 16:23

Hi all, my partner wants to have a sage green three piece suit for our wedding day but we're finding it hard to track any down. Can anyone help with supplier recommendations either online, or in...

Maria, sunday 28-Jan-24 5 66 1
A
Colour schemes
Audrey, 26 of January of 2024 at 06:15

Colour schemes for a casual abroad wedding Advice please 🙏 Groom - Green blazer, navy pocket square Groomsmen- Navy blazer, green pocket square (All in matching beige chinos and white...

Audrey, friday 26-Jan-24 21
L
Bridesmaids/moh Partners
Louise, 21 of January of 2024 at 03:24

Hello! What colour tie should the maid of honour’s partner wear? He is not part of the wedding party - not a groomsman etc but wants his tie to match his partner, so he would be wearing the same...

RomanticGreenStation, monday 22-Jan-24 1 45
C
Dress - Yes or No
Catherine, 16 of January of 2024 at 02:06

What do you think of this dress? A layer of sparkle material would be added under the top layer (last photo).

Katrina, friday 19-Jan-24 9 373 2
S
Reception/ evening party dress
Sammie, 8 of January of 2024 at 00:15

Hi everyone! 👗💃🏻 I'm wanting to change out of my wedding dress into a mini/ short white dress for the evening party so I can dance properly! Does anyone have any recommendations on any shops/ online...

Imogen, friday 19-Jan-24 4 118
C
Short wedding dress
Charlotte, 14 of January of 2024 at 10:37

I am getting married in august this year and am looking for a short city wedding dress. I am happy to travel but am struggling to find the style of dress I’m after. Wanting to stay away from fast...

Imogen, friday 19-Jan-24 3 67
L
Wedding dress code
Leah, 13 of January of 2024 at 20:49

I’d love to have a wedding where everyone is in long formal dresses, however we’re currently debating if that’s the right thing to do. As how would we ask and is it fair as people would most likely...

Shay, wednesday 17-Jan-24 3 63
S
Bridesmaid Dresses
Sophie, 10 of December of 2023 at 07:53

Hi, We are getting married next August in South London & can’t wait for the day! Wondering if anyone had any advice on a good website or shop for Bridesmaid dresses? I have 3 bridesmaids who are...

Future Mrs J, wednesday 17-Jan-24 10 607 1
L
Small boobs big belly, what dress?!
Lizzie, 6 of January of 2024 at 17:50

Hi all I'm wondering.if anyone can give me any tips on the sort of wedding dress style that would suit me as my belly (quite the paunch!) sticks out further than my boobs (40b) and I don't really have...

Lisa, monday 15-Jan-24 2 96
Olivia
Which seamstress do i choose??
Olivia, 11 of January of 2024 at 09:28

Hii hope everyone's wedding planning is going well! 🤍 and congrats to those who have now gotten married! I'm currently arranging my first dress alteration/fitting and was given two seamstress" details...

RomanticGreenStation, sunday 14-Jan-24 2 64
Katy
Katy
Katy, 11 of January of 2024 at 11:23

Hi Katy Boyle

Katy, thursday 11-Jan-24 10
L
Alternative Wedding Dresses
Lucy, 10 of January of 2024 at 16:44

I am getting married for the second time and in my mind 40's. I fancy going different to the big white dress I had last time and am contemplating something tea dress style, in pale florals from...

Lucy, wednesday 10-Jan-24 32
L
Alternative Wedding Dress
Lucy, 10 of January of 2024 at 13:58

Hi all I'm looking for something a bit different. It's my second time round, I'm mid 40's and I'm not sure I want the big white dress again. I'm based bang in the middle of the country between Derby,...

Lucy, wednesday 10-Jan-24 12
Aimee
Bridesmaids
Aimee, 5 of January of 2024 at 23:47

Hi all, I need some advice. I am only having two bridesmaids - my sister and my fiancé's sister. They are the same size / height / age. However, both have totally different features, my sister is dark...

SunnyPurpleFlowers85, wednesday 10-Jan-24 1 36
Laurie
Mother of the Bride/groom outfits
Laurie, 4 of December of 2023 at 20:37

Hello, I'm getting married in May 2024, and though I've got my dress and I've ordered bridesmaids dresses, we are struggling to find an outfit for my mum to wear. With so many high street stores...

Shanaide, monday 8-Jan-24 3 211
J
Multiway Bridesmaid Dresses
Joanna, 6 of January of 2024 at 10:30

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone could recommend any websites for good quality multiway bridesmaid dresses? Also, if they offer child sizes too, my niece will be 11 and would love her to match if...

Olivia, monday 8-Jan-24 1 21
E
Disabled bride
Emily, 23 of August of 2023 at 12:08

I am getting married October 2025 and I can’t wait I’m so excited about everything but this one thing I think I should be most excited about, going dress shopping. I became paralysed from the waist...

Laurie, saturday 6-Jan-24 4 121
N
Adding full sleeves to a strapless dress
Natalie, 5 of January of 2024 at 16:46

I bought my dress in November and I’m going in for a fitting in a couple of weeks. The shop can do any alterations as they design all of the dresses. Caught up in the magical moment I went for a...

Natalie, friday 5-Jan-24 14
J
Model Chic Infinity Dresses
Jenna, 13 of September of 2023 at 18:04

I am looking for the classic multiway dresses for my bridesmaids. I have found the perfect colour on Model Chic, and it helps that they are relatively cheap also. It is an Australian online only...

Leah, thursday 4-Jan-24 3 308 1

General groups

Hitched article topics