Skip to main content
Zebra
Zebra

United Kingdom · From November 2003

• Beginner

Discussions

Midwifery
**excited**, 6 of September of 2009 at 20:32

Hello all. I am having a real think about my life at the moment and thinking that it is too short to not be happy. I have always wanted to be a midwife, but never done anything about, well now is the...

**excited**, monday 14-Sep-09 9
T
Wills, interfering exes and parents and complicated children set up... help!
Toblerone, 2 of September of 2009 at 09:26

Ok so the problem is my husband has a boy (22) and girl(14) from previous marriage, I have 2 boys (20) from a previous relationship and we have a son of almost 4 together. His oldest lives with his...

Toblerone, thursday 3-Sep-09 17
Petal
Is there some sort of environmental law for this?
Petal, 2 of September of 2009 at 11:15

Out the back of our house is a builders yard. It is quite small and they use it for storage mainly. I don't often see people in there. They come and go about once per day during the week. Anyway, over...

Hercule Poirot, wednesday 2-Sep-09 5
P
Do you know where to find old fashioned corsets but with a zip not lace up?
Pushka, 30 of August of 2009 at 20:14

I'm looking for the old fashioned corets for shapewear, all i cn find are the ones that come shaped like swim suits, or that have attachments for stockings, i need a good old fashioned corset to...

Sparklywug, monday 31-Aug-09 1
Darren @ Hitched
..Apologies...
Darren @ Hitched, 27 of August of 2009 at 21:02

Just thought I should make an apology... I am sorry for a couple of things... Firstly, let me say sorry for the speed of the forums. The servers that we have which are based in the USA can sometimes...

Chicken, friday 28-Aug-09 17
Darren @ Hitched
please read this. It is very important...
Darren @ Hitched, 26 of August of 2009 at 11:11

We have had a number of complaints from members and outside organisations about swearing on the hitched.co.uk forums. It is something that is totally unacceptable. With immediate effect, anyone...

hazel, thursday 27-Aug-09 73
macca
Medics/Science bods - passive cannabis inhalation? Also housing/ASBO experts
macca, 26 of August of 2009 at 00:10

We've lived in our current flat for almost 3 years. Its a Housing Association property, and our downstairs neighbours are tenants of the same HA. We noticed the odd weed smell very occasionally since...

Shiny, thursday 27-Aug-09 12
Boxof BaldKittens
Slow Hitched
Boxof BaldKittens, 26 of August of 2009 at 09:19

Amazing that Hitched is even slower than before. It took me 10 mins to get on the site and then another 5 to log in. Sometimes wonder if its worth the bother when other sites are faster; I wonder if...

Tilly Floss, wednesday 26-Aug-09 14
Hugo Brambles
Has anyone divorced and kept their married name?
Hugo Brambles, 25 of August of 2009 at 07:52

As per title really, I'm just curious if anyones divorced and kept their married name. If so did you still keep the 'Mrs' too? Found out yesterday that as I did keep my OH's name when we divorced, I...

Diefenbaker, thursday 27-Aug-09 53
Zebra
Wii fitness coach plus heart rate monitor?
Zebra, 25 of August of 2009 at 14:16

Does anyone use the coach with a heart rate monitor? I've been umming and aaahing about buying a monitor to use with the sessions and can't decide how much benefit it'll offer. I hope to get back to...

Zebra, tuesday 25-Aug-09 3
Hyacinth
Time Management skills
Hyacinth, 25 of August of 2009 at 13:00

I am feeling really unfocused at the moment so wonder if anyone could offer some tips. I've not had any idea how to go about this for some time, and I have just found a file full of hitched tips-...

Hyacinth, tuesday 25-Aug-09 7
M
Does anyone find using Facebook unsettling?
MistyM, 25 of August of 2009 at 10:40

I have finally given in and got a facebook account and am intending to just limit it to people I actually know/want to keep in touch with rather than random people I knew at school/uni etc that I have...

jaz, tuesday 25-Aug-09 18
jaz
Passport stories and vibes please
jaz, 24 of August of 2009 at 14:17

As some of you may know (FBers) I got my passport a little... wet and am due to go on holidays at the weekend. I've had to apply for a replacement and the quickest they can do it is one week so it...

Zebra, monday 24-Aug-09 7
K
Your favourite bean/pulses/grains recipes?
KJB, 24 of August of 2009 at 12:33

Hi all I'm trying to eat more beans/pulses/grains, cos they're good for you. I've also started sprouting things (deliberately, rather than things just growing roots etc cos they've been in the...

Lumpy Golightly, monday 24-Aug-09 7
H
Other people's innocuous habits that drive you mad
Headless Lois, 24 of August of 2009 at 13:17

Does anyone else get wound up by things that actually, you shouldn't? (The eating thread has made me think of this, although that habit is not innocuous). H has recently started 'holding' his side. It...

Portia, monday 24-Aug-09 12
L
Talking with mouth full: WWYD
LittlePeanut, 23 of August of 2009 at 22:29

I've ummed and arred (sp?) about asking this because on the face of it this seems a bit petty, but here's my 'problem'. I love my MIL (who's in her mid 70s) to bits: actually I think I'm very lucky....

Zebra, monday 24-Aug-09 17
JK
Well we had our day on the river (with cake photo)
JK, 23 of August of 2009 at 19:24

I asked for help with plans for my MIL's birthday and you all helped, so thank you ? We ended up on a launch on the river, from Westminster and down Tower Bridge, then back to to Hammersmith (it was...

jameshood, friday 24-Dec-10 20
Buttons
Moving away from family
Buttons, 21 of August of 2009 at 14:18

My H has applied for a job, which if he gets it has good prospects for him. The money is better than what he is on at the moment, with the possibility of getting even better if he stays with the...

*CJ*, sunday 23-Aug-09 13
G
Mushy banana recipe
Gingey Wife, 22 of August of 2009 at 15:54

I've got 4 very ripe (practically liiquid!) bananas. Anyone got a good recipe for banana bread or something?

Gingey Wife, saturday 22-Aug-09 10
R-A
Probably done before but made me laugh
R-A, 22 of August of 2009 at 16:08

Http://xkcd.com/386/ Mr R-A laughed for a long time, and asked if someone's been spying on our house ?

flissy666, saturday 22-Aug-09 1
ooh la la
Is this odd, or have I lived a sheltered life? (poss sens)...
ooh la la, 22 of August of 2009 at 14:22

We have just returned from the Supermarket, and I have been thinking about it the whole way home.... There was a couple holding hands in the entrance to the Supermarket and the female was about my age...

Chocolate Button, sunday 23-Aug-09 41
Lili Donkey
Wearing black tights in summer - yay or nay?
Lili Donkey, 22 of August of 2009 at 11:44

I can't decide?! I've got a big night out tonight. swanky restaurant, nice bars - all in London Town. I haven't been out on a 'big one' for ages and feel very out of the loop ? I dragged H around...

Evil Yoda, saturday 22-Aug-09 10
Knownowt
Nakedness=self-acceptance?
Knownowt, 21 of August of 2009 at 19:29

Inspired by this woman www.oneandother.co.uk/ I wondered what other people thought of the current trend for public nakedness to be seen as the ultimate expression of self-acceptance. There have been...

swedish leprechaun, saturday 22-Aug-09 27
titchbunny
People never fail to surprise me...
titchbunny, 21 of August of 2009 at 17:51

I was in my local butchers this afternoon when the lady infront of me asked for 2 skinless free-range chicken breasts, the butcher took 2 breasts off the tray and skinned them and trimmed them, she...

titchbunny, saturday 22-Aug-09 19
Clairy
The post with no title
Clairy, 21 of August of 2009 at 12:52

Sorry for the crap title, I have been umming and ahhing about whether to put this on here for ages. However, I know you all quite well and have been here for 5 years +, so I thought a little honesty...

JK, friday 21-Aug-09 22
The Beast
Terribly ill-informed & lazy journalism on display at the Telegraph
The Beast, 21 of August of 2009 at 11:50

This has given me the rage... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/

Flowery the Grouch, friday 21-Aug-09 14
Lillythepink
Urgh! Pathetic rant about ex-Mrs WTP. Again.
Lillythepink, 21 of August of 2009 at 11:53

So the other week, there was a bit of text message ding dong re: AJ's clothing - she dresses him appallingly - joggers because then he doesn't outgrow them too fast when she feeds him lard all the...

whirlwind666, saturday 22-Aug-09 35
Doughnut
Vile boss update
Doughnut, 20 of August of 2009 at 18:25

Had a chat with the rest of the team earlier this week and we asked his boss for a meeting. She met with us the next day, and although she knew what we were meeting about, she didn't have any idea it...

GMT, friday 21-Aug-09 7
spacecadet_99
Can I have some vibes for my mum please? Long and poss sens, sorry
spacecadet_99, 21 of August of 2009 at 08:13

I found out last night that my granddad died on Monday. We've been estranged from him for years - MrSC has never met him and we've been together for nearly 8 years. My mum didn't find out straight...

Hungry Caterpillar, friday 21-Aug-09 15
P
Moisturiser rip-off continues
Pint&APie, 20 of August of 2009 at 13:21

Just thought I'd share the latest Which? survey with you, as it hasn't come up for a while . . . Simple replenishing rich moisturiser (£3.20, 125 ml) outperformed both ROC retin-ox intensive (£19.95,...

poochanna, friday 21-Aug-09 34
Lady Vixen
The release of Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi
Lady Vixen, 20 of August of 2009 at 16:02

Can someone please explain to me what the decision has been taken to release the 'Lockerbie Bomber'. I know it is on 'compassionate grounds' as he has terminal cancer but I've not heard of the...

teenybash, friday 21-Aug-09 34

General groups

Hitched article topics