Skip to main content
M
Mint Spies

United Kingdom · From January 2007

Discussions

WelshTotty
I'm 36 and have just done something I've never done before
WelshTotty, 24 of August of 2009 at 19:52

I've just eaten fish and chips from a chipshop! The thread about the cost of fish and chips came to my mind when Mr WT said he was going to go to the chippy. I thought I'd bite the bullet and go for...

Kekepania, tuesday 25-Aug-09 44
R-A
Dinner thread - inspire me
R-A, 11 of August of 2009 at 19:30

Couldn't see one today and I need inspiration. Looking for something I can either cook now and eat in 2 hours (me and Mr R-A both going swimming once he finishes teaching at 8) - something oven-y?? OR...

R-A, tuesday 11-Aug-09 14
ellie1
what can I do with left over condensed milk?
ellie1, 25 of July of 2009 at 16:37

I made some delicious icing for my chocolate tray bake with half a tin, and now I have half left. What can I do with it? Caramel shortbread use a whole tin... seems a shame to only make half a batch...

HaloHoney, saturday 25-Jul-09 4
L
Calling all teachers (secondary - current and 'retired')
LittlePeanut, 24 of July of 2009 at 16:30

Hi there. Just a few questions, if I may: How old were you when you trained? Did you find it easy enough to find a job when you qualified? And, if you left teaching, was it just stress, or pay, or...

LittlePeanut, friday 24-Jul-09 14
SophieM
Interesting story re breastfeeding
SophieM, 20 of July of 2009 at 13:39

Http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article6718276.ece I suppose I should have posted this over there -------------> but it all seems to kick off a bit when this kind...

hazel, wednesday 22-Jul-09 107
Zebra
Royal icing wedding cakes
Zebra, 20 of July of 2009 at 15:43

Reading the retro thread, am I the only person in 2006 to have had a cake with royal icing? I can't stand fondant soft icing so it wasn't an option and my mum makes wedding cakes so I could hardly...

JasmineJ, tuesday 21-Jul-09 11
N
My fab MIL!!!
nutfluff, 13 of July of 2009 at 08:48

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while ago on here someone posted a link to a knitting site with a pattern for a DNA helix. Well, my MIL was staying over Easter and I was introducing her to...

Tanta, monday 13-Jul-09 13
Pink Han-bag
Any cricket fans?-The Ashes
Pink Han-bag, 7 of July of 2009 at 14:01

Just being nosey and wondering if there's any other cricket fans on hitched? I'm really looking forward to it this year especially as I'm on maternity leave so I get to watch it all, my Mum is very...

Pint&APie, wednesday 8-Jul-09 31
Sunflower
Food mixers/processors
Sunflower, 5 of July of 2009 at 21:06

Does anyone have any advice on buying a good food mixer for regular baking - possibly for use in the future for cake selling - models to go for or avoid in your experience etc?

Sunflower, monday 6-Jul-09 5
Hugo Brambles
Did you talk to your OH about getting engaged?
Hugo Brambles, 3 of July of 2009 at 21:46

OH and I have been together for 5 1/2 years now. We had a total whirland romance when we met and I think we'd have got married there and then after a couple of months BUT for the fact I was already...

swedish leprechaun, sunday 5-Jul-09 41
SophieM
Cat/lolcat fans
SophieM, 3 of July of 2009 at 11:02

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLzo-WrEPOE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Ficanhascheezburger.com%2F&feature=player_embedded ?

Mint Spies, friday 3-Jul-09
Musette
Bra size measurement help please
Musette, 20 of June of 2009 at 00:32

Hey guys, I know I'm a complete pain as I never really contribute to the site (usually because peeps have already said what I have thought) and always seems to ask questions. Must try harder lol......

Mint Spies, saturday 20-Jun-09 1
jerseymonkey
Amusing books
jerseymonkey, 14 of May of 2009 at 13:53

My book group wants to read an amusing book for a change but we're struggling to think of anything. Does anyone have any ideas? We're thinking maybe something which isn't 'comedy', but is amusing...

poshpaws, saturday 16-May-09 30
KJX
Anyone else see Didier Drogba's explosion just now?
KJX, 6 of May of 2009 at 21:57

Whooooooooo. Think Didier Drogba is going to be in a little bit of trouble!!

Peter, thursday 7-May-09 23
Smint
Public Footpaths
Smint, 4 of May of 2009 at 14:09

Is there anywhere on line where you can see public footpaths on a map? Or is it only Ordnance Survey maps that show them? I want to know whether I can run round any of the local reservoirs, but any...

Gingey Wife, monday 4-May-09 5
NickJ
camping types
NickJ, 17 of April of 2009 at 10:22

Do you have plans to go anywhere yet? i need some inspiration for places with decent walks. lakes is good but am looking for new places around that area. madam has just bought me a genuine issue SWAT...

Lizbeth, saturday 18-Apr-09 60
hazel
Anyone watching the Sex Ed show on C4?
hazel, 2 of April of 2009 at 22:41

I think this has been an excellent series but lawks a mercy these pictures of STIs are making my eyes water.

spacecadet_99, friday 3-Apr-09 13
geekypants
Cobra bite/pear cider: the new alcopop?
geekypants, 31 of March of 2009 at 12:52

Last night I had a bottle of cobra bite (sweet lime) and my teeth STILL feel on edge with the sickly sweet flavour. Same happens with that pear cider stuff, although it does taste nice, like sweeties....

Clairy, tuesday 31-Mar-09 15
S
Teacher's Help! Q re. Role Play Areas
Sacred, 23 of March of 2009 at 20:13

HI, I teach in Year 5 & due to change my role play area - next topic is Space. There's loads of stuff I could do for it and was going to get the kids to design their own role play area for it...

Mrs S*, tuesday 24-Mar-09 1
*ginni of the lamp*
Women's cricket Worlcd Cup Final - our girls doing great!
*ginni of the lamp*, 22 of March of 2009 at 00:39

I realise it's a long-shot that many of you are cricket fans, particularly women's cricket, as it's not nearly as popular, but England's women deserve to be bigged up. They're currently playing in the...

Mint Spies, sunday 22-Mar-09 2
Zoay
Groany joke :)
Zoay, 10 of March of 2009 at 16:53

Barrack Obama is visiting a Glasgow hospital. He enters a ward full of patients with no obvious sign of injury or illness, He greets one. The patient replies: Fair fa your honest sonsie face, Great...

Mint Spies, tuesday 10-Mar-09 4
HeidiHole
Duke of Edinburgh types/people good with making meals out of nothing. Literally.
HeidiHole, 4 of March of 2009 at 16:11

My son has just informed me (don't you just love the notice teenagers give you) that tomorrow after school, for his DoE, he has to cook a nutritious meal using only a camping stove, the dry contents...

Mint Spies, wednesday 4-Mar-09 10
Nefertiti
Has anyone made a wedding cake? (simple one)
Nefertiti, 2 of March of 2009 at 19:44

H has kindly volunteered me to make a wedding cake for his colleague who is getting married in 2 months time and has a very limited budget. In his defence I have made some pretty impressive cakes for...

spacecadet_99, tuesday 3-Mar-09 11
Pittabre
Teachers - applying for another job...
Pittabre, 2 of March of 2009 at 16:38

Wonder if anyone can help me - its been a while since I applied for another job, but just needed to know do I need to tell work before I apply for another job or not? And who do I have to have as...

wonderstuff, monday 2-Mar-09 6
cornflake girl
cities and towns to go to from Derby
cornflake girl, 1 of March of 2009 at 18:25

Going down to my Mum and Dad's, in Derby, just before Easter. The plan is that we will stay at my parents house for one night on a Saturday, then go somewhere on the Sunday and stop overnight in a...

ooh la la, sunday 1-Mar-09 10
Gryfon
Anyone here have chickens?
Gryfon, 27 of February of 2009 at 10:30

Just wondering if you can recommend any websites for information, or books I can see if the library has? Want to try and get the garden sorted this year and even if I don't get chickens this year I...

Mint Spies, friday 27-Feb-09 6
Zo�
error message
Zo�, 27 of January of 2009 at 18:48

Everytime I try and reply to my thread I'm getting https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Chat/themes/hitched/forums/thread.aspx grr

Consuela Banana Hamm, tuesday 27-Jan-09 4
*ginni of the lamp*
pun-tastic headlines for fairy tales - hitched brains needed
*ginni of the lamp*, 22 of January of 2009 at 18:45

My daughter has to suggest some possible (tabloid style) newspaper headlines for the 3 little pigs, hansel and gretel and sleeping beauty. We've thought of two (all she needs, so she has the work done...

*ginni of the lamp*, thursday 22-Jan-09 4
Melancholie
Teachers (particularly secondary) - help?
Melancholie, 17 of January of 2009 at 15:07

H and I have decided to relocate this summer, so I'll be looking for a new job. I've seen a couple advertised that I might be interested in but have some concerns which I don't necessarily want to go...

Melancholie, saturday 17-Jan-09 3
Zoay
Making marmalade - with what spirit?
Zoay, 15 of January of 2009 at 20:45

I am going to make marmalade. The recipe I have says to add 100ml rum, or alternatively 200ml whiskey or Grand Marnier. I am not a spirits drinker and have very little idea what they're like. I don't...

Tillybean, sunday 18-Jan-09 14
gill670
80's Theme party - your help needed!
gill670, 10 of January of 2009 at 22:15

We have decided to have an 80's party . H is going as Tony Montana(scarface) but I am stuck and can't find anything good in the fancy dress shops! Loads of people are going to do Madonna so thats out!...

crystal-k, monday 12-Jan-09 16
Clairy
What is deflation?
Clairy, 9 of January of 2009 at 09:24

My financial knowledge is limited, so please bear with me. I understand about inflation - and hyper inflation (I think). Inflation is where the cost of living rises and, in extreme circumstances, the...

seraphina, friday 9-Jan-09 5

General groups

Hitched article topics