• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

7 of August of 2008

5748days 14hours

Discussions

O
Vegetarians
Oddbins, 24 of August of 2009 at 09:23

How many of you actually liked eating meat before you gave it up? Or have you never eaten it? The reason I am asking is because the vast majority of my friends that are vegetarian have never really...

barongreenback, sunday 30-Aug-09 29
shoegal01
Bed Question
shoegal01, 20 of August of 2009 at 10:26

Hi I am ordering a new bed and dont know what to go for. Our bedroom is quite small so i am ordering a storage bed. There are 3 size options 4Ft (small double) 4ft 6 (normal) 5ft (king) Has anyone got...

swedish leprechaun, thursday 20-Aug-09 7
WelshTotty
Feeling the need to de-materialise (long sorry)
WelshTotty, 19 of August of 2009 at 10:20

That sounds funny like Im about to be beamed up or something!? What I mean is, feeling the need to get rid of wordly possessions for a clutter free simpler lifestyle. My house isn't really cluttered...

geekypants, wednesday 19-Aug-09 42
Knownowt
Farrow and Ball fans (Rache?)
Knownowt, 19 of August of 2009 at 18:07

I've never used F&B paint before. is it really worth the extra money- colour-wise Dulux can match anything so what difference does it make to use F&B? If it is worth it, would you recommend...

Lady Falafel, wednesday 19-Aug-09 8
ooh la la
How often do you have sex?
ooh la la, 14 of August of 2009 at 09:50

Realistically? And I'm only talking about penetration.

Lady Falafel, tuesday 18-Aug-09 89
MrsDux
What can I cook?
MrsDux, 14 of August of 2009 at 16:42

I have 3 slightly overripe bananas that need using up, some dessicated coconut, some condensed milk and your general store cupboardy type stuff. Recommend me something yummy and bad for me please... ...

Baby Buns, friday 14-Aug-09 2
Flowery the Grouch
Fake leaded windows
Flowery the Grouch, 14 of August of 2009 at 10:20

Why??! Why do people do it? Why would you take a decent sized pane of glass and pretend it's been made up of smaller ones? Why would you take a modern house and try and pretend it has olde worlde...

CountDuckula, friday 14-Aug-09 5
HaloHoney
House Movers - viewing for a 4th time?!
HaloHoney, 14 of August of 2009 at 01:28

I've got someone coming at 10am for a *4th* viewing. Please can I have some "sh!t, or get off the pot" vibes in her direction? ? Seriously... 4 viewings? Aaaagghhh And then there is one at 1.30...

tahdah, friday 14-Aug-09 6
Unique at last
What would you say to your H/OH if he did this? (some TMI included)
Unique at last, 14 of August of 2009 at 07:55

2 relevant bits of background, we are doing to do a long charity bike ride at Easter. A few weeks ago he'd suggested going up to the start point on his motorbike and then coming back the route that we...

Unique at last, friday 14-Aug-09 25
Flowery the Grouch
Waaaaahahaha Twix sex
Flowery the Grouch, 13 of August of 2009 at 16:51

This made me laugh. A lot. (Taken from b3ta - where else??) [quote]My first girlfriend and I were together for about two and a half years. A few weeks before we split up we went on a short break to...

Sparkley, friday 14-Aug-09 36
HaloHoney
House movers and shakers how's it going?
HaloHoney, 11 of August of 2009 at 12:42

We've had an offer - not nearly enough so we told them to go back to the drawing board, they came up with another 5k, but it was still too low and will seriously affect what we can afford for our next...

Sunset21, wednesday 12-Aug-09 33
Mrs Magic
Share your weird and wonderful food combinations
Mrs Magic, 11 of August of 2009 at 11:54

I mentioned this on legless' dinner thread but it's still making me chuckle so thought I would ask for any weird and wonderful things/combinations you have eaten recently. Mum and I were at my...

babygreenuk, wednesday 12-Aug-09 77
geekypants
Earing well and being healthy?
geekypants, 6 of August of 2009 at 13:14

Are the two exclusive? http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/aug/06/balanced-diet-food-health-wellbeing I'm on the fence: part of me thinks I'll never follow the vegan, macrobiotic...

Knownowt, thursday 6-Aug-09 3
geekypants
The first year report
geekypants, 3 of August of 2009 at 22:27

I cannot believe it has been almost a year since I married Mr P, and I was actually thinking earlier how we should all post a 'report' of that for the planners. Its been a pretty good year I reckon,...

R-A, thursday 6-Aug-09 10
spacecadet_99
OU results!!!
spacecadet_99, 6 of August of 2009 at 09:42

I got a distinction!!!! My exam result was 84% which is one mark below the threshold for a distinction but I think due to my higher assignment marks they pushed it up a bit for me ?. I feel the need...

legless, thursday 6-Aug-09 31
HeidiHole
'Knowing' (poss spoilers)
HeidiHole, 3 of August of 2009 at 20:29

Who else has watched this? What a steaming pile of shite the ending is. It could have been a great film but the last 20 minutes spoiled the whole thing. Pfft.

amandam, tuesday 4-Aug-09 5
SophieM
Weekend plans thread
SophieM, 31 of July of 2009 at 11:58

Since Chicken seems to be AWOL... LOML is in Newcastle so I have a solitary weekend planned. I'm off to the private view of a friend's exhibition on Oxford tonight (much less glam than it sounds!) -...

Tillybean, saturday 1-Aug-09 47
ashke_again
What's your average spend on food in a month?
ashke_again, 30 of July of 2009 at 18:00

Just trying to work out budgets and looking at the last few months we're probably spending nearly £260 (on average) on food for 2 of us. That's a bit much isn't it? Caught the start of the article on...

PoppetK, saturday 1-Aug-09 64
Flowery the Grouch
Takeaways
Flowery the Grouch, 31 of July of 2009 at 10:17

How often do you have takeaways? On the cost of food thread lots of people were talking about one or two takeaways a week. The last time i had a takeaway was April 28th 2007 ? Living in a small, rural...

poochanna, friday 31-Jul-09 42
HeidiHole
Internet friends really are the best.
HeidiHole, 30 of July of 2009 at 13:23

I lost someone very close to me on Sunday night, today I have received two beautiful rose bushes called Rememberance from a group of amazing women I met on here, they truly are some of my best friends...

Hyacinth, thursday 30-Jul-09 18
hay
Irish Hitchers - can you help?
hay, 30 of July of 2009 at 12:51

Mum's family are from Donegal, for as long as I can remember mum has always harped on about "taking us back there". Anyway, I won a cottage holiday for a week to Donegal in a raffle and so - we're...

hay, thursday 30-Jul-09 17
jaz
Relationship - deal breaking aspects
jaz, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:28

I’m not sure how to word this post as I’m sure it will turn into a bit of a ramble but it’s something that I feel the need to discuss and may delete as it’s probably a bit personal so please don’t...

Natasha., thursday 30-Jul-09 13
P
Misconceptions about where you live
Pint&APie, 30 of July of 2009 at 10:32

R-A's earlier comment "I see the parks and my Lido and the fab diversity and sense of community where other people see the gun crime and used syringes" got me thinking about how certain areas develop...

Mollycat, monday 3-Aug-09 174
Missus Jolly
F1 OMG (not even asking for permission)
Missus Jolly, 29 of July of 2009 at 18:04

I just heard on F1 that Scheuy has confirmed that he will be racing as a replacement for Massa. OMFG I am sooo excited!

Greenfinch, thursday 30-Jul-09 10
R-A
How do you find an IFA? And mortage Qus, sorry dull.
R-A, 29 of July of 2009 at 20:52

Finally, finally, finally, H and I are earning more than we are spending, and have paid off all our CCs. Woop woop. So we're carrying on eating beans and everything else is being ploughed into paying...

geekypants, thursday 30-Jul-09 11
Knownowt
Last Post- Carol Ann Duffy
Knownowt, 30 of July of 2009 at 08:39

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8175000/8175790.stm

Lumpy Golightly, thursday 30-Jul-09 16
shoegal01
WWYD - wedding present/card for friend ive fallen out with
shoegal01, 30 of July of 2009 at 09:44

I have been friends with this girl since school and we used to be very good friends. Over the years we have seen less and less of each other and i hadnt seen her for a whole year until a month ago...

Consuela Banana Hamm, thursday 30-Jul-09 6
Knownowt
Have you ever done this?
Knownowt, 29 of July of 2009 at 22:33

Got all your money out of the bank, put it on the bed and then shagged on it Indecent Proposal-style, then gathered it all up and put it back in the bank? Have you?

Hyacinth, thursday 30-Jul-09 28
Spamboule
Dorset cereals
Spamboule, 29 of July of 2009 at 14:26

I'm doing an Ocado shop and want to put some nice cereal on it. I've recently discovered Dorset cereals (oooh, they are pricey though) but the one I have at the moment has dried banana in, which I...

Spamboule, wednesday 29-Jul-09 3
AnnaBanana
Different chopping boards for meat & veg?
AnnaBanana, 29 of July of 2009 at 10:32

One for the scientists - is it really necessary to use different chopping boards to avoid cross contamination? I do, mainly because when I was a student I was working in a restaurant and it was part...

Jayne E, friday 5-Aug-16 16

General groups

Hitched article topics