Skip to main content
Bowski
Bowski

United Kingdom · From January 2008

Discussions

K
Got told off....
kittypuss85, 5 of March of 2012 at 19:18

So I went into some dress shops today to enquire about appointments, and whether or not they would have anything to fit me, and each one asked the date of the wedding. When my response was "September...

venart, saturday 10-Mar-12 26
Bowski
Sorry for vanishing, anyone still want a report?
Bowski, 6 of March of 2012 at 16:54

Sorry life got in the way. If anyone still wants a report on my autumn themed wedding I'm happy to do one.

Bowski, wednesday 7-Mar-12 16
Mellow_Yellow
Wedding Veils by Margaret... ***UPDATE in OP***
Mellow_Yellow, 22 of September of 2011 at 12:25

Hi Ladies, Have any of you used her? She just sent me out some samples, but it feels a bit scratchy. Is this just because it's a small cut off sample? How was the feel, quality, etc? TIA x ***veil has...

Bowski, sunday 30-Oct-11 30
Bowski
Quick flash!
Bowski, 30 of October of 2011 at 20:14

I'll do a full report and full flashes after the blessing but I just thought I'd flash my two favorite photos from the day. Me and my dad Everyone!

shellsworth, monday 31-Oct-11 3 787
Bowski
Autumnal Wedding planners
Bowski, 30 of October of 2011 at 18:11

I'll be selling on my silk leaves after the weekend if anyone would be interested. I'll have other stuff but they're not autumn specific!

staceylynch6, sunday 30-Oct-11 2
RedKitchie
Unusual wedding formats - anyone else
RedKitchie, 25 of October of 2011 at 10:39

My OH and I have done a lot of discussing as to what our wedding will be like, and have finally arrived at a format that we think will work (and that we like). The reason we haven't chosen the...

HelDR, wednesday 26-Oct-11 15
warlycarly
Silk or Foam
warlycarly, 16 of October of 2011 at 21:06

Hello hitchers! I am stuck between foam or silk flowers, I know I definately dont want real ones. but I was wandering which are better, fake, silk or a mixture of both??

sgreen, monday 17-Oct-11 8
ClaireMcToBe
Anyone bought dresses online?
ClaireMcToBe, 15 of October of 2011 at 22:09

My bridesmaids and I went shopping today and found dresses that we really like for them. They are £150 in the shop. I've found ones almost identical on jjshouse.com that are half the price. I've read...

ellenlouiserobson, monday 17-Oct-11 22
G
Am sooooooo upset
gheko, 16 of October of 2011 at 08:37

Discovered last night that our wedding hotel has gone into receivership. Never had any news of this through our wedding bureau, i discovered it whilst looking at latest reviews on Trip Advisor. Am...

ajdown, monday 24-Oct-11 19
LoveSka
Weather Forecast ???????
LoveSka, 16 of October of 2011 at 10:11

Do you trust or believe it? I've just looked at Metcheck and it's forecast showers on my big day☹️

LoveSka, sunday 16-Oct-11 6
ellem88
what would you do? advice needed updated
ellem88, 11 of October of 2011 at 08:44

Hey, I'm in need of some advice. Our wedding is currently booked for 10th august 2013 however we are considering moving it to next year. Currently both our venue and photographer are available on the...

Bowski, sunday 16-Oct-11 23
*Mini*
Where is good for photobooks?
*Mini*, 14 of October of 2011 at 19:01

As in the ones you make online and print yourself? We have our piccies on disc and want to make some albums.

Tracey86, friday 14-Oct-11 8
Bowski
OFFS - My mother
Bowski, 14 of October of 2011 at 17:01

So I phoned her to ask when her and my dad would be in tomorrow so we could drop my dress off, I get a really arsey reply from her and she asks if we'll be going round on sunday (in my parents speak...

Ali_G, friday 14-Oct-11 6
MonaLisaBrideToBe
My beautiful bespoke brooch bouquet *flash*
MonaLisaBrideToBe, 14 of October of 2011 at 14:54

Here it is.....almost finished! Just so everyone knows, I really didn't want fresh flowers as I'm not a fan of cut flowers. I prefer them in the ground! ? So the hunt was on to find something I...

LoveSka, friday 14-Oct-11 12
tizmelou
Alfred Angelo help please? - with flashes of the dress
tizmelou, 9 of October of 2011 at 10:59

I've got a wedding dress - not for me - Its been given to me to raise money for homeless dogs which I help out with. Anyway its an Alfred Angelo but all other details on the label which I've googled...

tizmelou, tuesday 18-Oct-11 17
Bowski
FIL Moan
Bowski, 14 of October of 2011 at 10:51

My Fil is paying for the reception after our blessing and so far has caused no end of problems with changing things and demanding that we do things that it's a pain in the bottom. When we had all the...

Bowski, friday 14-Oct-11 8
B
What thank you gifts are you giving the Bridal party?
birdboo, 14 of October of 2011 at 11:12

I think the question is in the title. I'm struggling to find thank you gifts for the men of the bridal party. I need gifts for two men who are bridesmaids bridesdudes. They both have the normal...

Bowski, friday 14-Oct-11 1
NorthumberlandBride
ebay?
NorthumberlandBride, 14 of October of 2011 at 01:49

I saw a dress i like on ebay this is the seller http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/raisin2012123/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 they have 15 reviews 100% feedback. do i trust it? this is their store...

NorthumberlandBride, friday 14-Oct-11 27
C
Wedding Dress - Hire or buy?? BM Dresses - Highstreet or not??
Charkin22, 13 of October of 2011 at 20:11

Hi Guys I have recently got engaged and hoping to get married next June (2012). My Fiance and I are keen to have a very personal day and do a lot of things ourselves. As much as I want myself and my...

overtherainbow, friday 14-Oct-11 16
NorthumberlandBride
What are you giving your OH as a wedding gift?
NorthumberlandBride, 13 of October of 2011 at 17:50

I'm giving him the moon and the stars. which is 10 acres of land on the moon (5 for me and 5 for him sode by side just in case he manages to get that rocket to the mon hes always talking about...

Blonde Viki, sunday 16-Oct-11 30
HappyAnnie
UK MINI MOOOOOOON
HappyAnnie, 12 of October of 2011 at 21:23

Evening all, Can anyone suggest a good hotel/spa/location/cottage for a UK minimoon? We're getting married in Chesterfield, but willing to travel anywhere in the UK. We like nice food and nice...

loobylou1979, thursday 13-Oct-11 17
lollytrollydolly
What did you make for your wedding?
lollytrollydolly, 13 of October of 2011 at 16:00

Hiya all! i was just wondering what sort of things did you all make for your wedding? I would love to make some stuff for our day however i am not very good at making stuff! Just wondering if anyone...

irrelephant, friday 14-Oct-11 25
judeclarke
My shoes hurt...
judeclarke, 13 of October of 2011 at 14:41

I have been trying to wear in my lovely sparkly red shoes for weeks, and they are still damned uncomfortable. They are just not wide anough - I normally have to get wide-fit shoes, and my shoes are...

may2012bride, sunday 16-Oct-11 25
Little Pixie
Oh lord! How much is wedding dress cleaning!?!?!?!?!?!?
Little Pixie , 13 of October of 2011 at 13:50

Just been into Johnson's to get a price. Think it's a bloody rip off to be honest! Have decided the stains and marks tell a story and are here to stay!

SoontobeMrsB, saturday 15-Oct-11 10
Gem_k
Table Decoratiion - FLASH?
Gem_k, 13 of October of 2011 at 13:27

Hi All, I think we are going with a Black and Ivory theme with a hint of bright green. I am stuck as what we should put on the tables. I know what we want to have as favours, ivory pails full of...

overtherainbow, thursday 13-Oct-11 4
Bowski
Soooooo - Umbrella's
Bowski, 13 of October of 2011 at 11:49

Well the ten day forecast is looking like there is a chance of rain for our wedding day so do I bite the bullet and invest in a couple of umbrellas? Do I work with the idea that if I buy them it might...

Iheartbuttons, thursday 13-Oct-11 23
E
BM dress - please flash!!
ExcitedBride.com, 12 of October of 2011 at 14:12

Hi All, From reading all the posts on here about BM dress etc, Im definitely not the only one struggling to find some and for less than say £70 each!! So just wondering if you would all mind flashing...

sachar, thursday 13-Oct-11 28

General groups

Hitched article topics