• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

9 of August of 2014

3570days 5hours

Discussions

Barnett2015
Trimmign down the catering budget
Barnett2015, 19 of August of 2014 at 17:01

Like many, I am on a strict budget. Our catering is coming in at more than anticipated. We are tied to use 1 of 6 suppliers and the company we are using are the cheapest/most suitable for us. And i...

weddingvirgin, friday 22-Aug-14 14
L
Top table flower arrangements or not???
lauradew, 22 of August of 2014 at 08:38

We are on a tight budget and wondered what people's thoughts are regarding having top table flower arrangements?? We'll have around 100 people. Small, sweet wedding. Are they necessary or can we do...

sarah.jones, monday 25-Aug-14 10
Howeaboutthat
how much are you paying for make up and hair?
Howeaboutthat, 21 of August of 2014 at 13:13

Ive had quote for make up £520 thats me, mob, 6x bm's i can only imagine hair is a similar price! i have thought maybe just have the makeup myself and the bm.s can do their own but then i feel a bit...

Howeaboutthat, friday 22-Aug-14 8
L
chair covers or no chair covers?
lauren_t, 13 of August of 2014 at 13:36

Hi everyone, I am pricing up chair cover & hessian bows at the minute and they are working out more than I thought they would! What are peoples views on having chair covers? do you think you need...

CrazyRatLady, thursday 14-Aug-14 22
M
August 2014 brides??
Miss B 2 be Mrs H, 10 of September of 2013 at 16:29

Hi everyone! Just wondering how any fellow August 2014 brides are getting on with planning?! ? x

alyj66, monday 1-Sep-14 421
W
weight panic!!
weddingvirgin, 25 of July of 2014 at 22:59

OK so having been pretty much the same weight for most of my adult life yet 2 weeks before my wedding I now appear to be half a stone heavier!! Having severe panics that I'm not going to fit into my...

RogueSnowflake, tuesday 29-Jul-14 547
A
Are you transporting your guests??
almostmrsStimpson , 25 of July of 2014 at 17:39

Are you guys providing any transport for your guests? I'm probably going to book a taxi for my grandad and a few others not in my bridal party but will be at my house on the morning of the wedding so...

weddingvirgin, friday 25-Jul-14 6
H
Just RSVP already!
Hisgirl, 15 of July of 2014 at 21:58

<BRAT RANT> I don't care that the deadline is 2 months away, you have had you invite for 3 days at least (some of you for several months) and most of you haven't RSVP'd yet. Come on, get a move...

fayef, tuesday 22-Jul-14 24
H
UK minimoon
Hisgirl, 14 of July of 2014 at 19:56

Just wondering if anyone can suggest somewhere nice we go to for a minimoon in the UK. It will be in November and we want somewhere that won't cost a fortune. We did think about centre parcs but we...

Hoddy, tuesday 15-Jul-14 16
C
Flower girl and page boy gifts?
caromb, 10 of July of 2014 at 14:11

Please can someone can give me some inspiration for my little ones? Both aged 2 and a half... I have made up some favour/boredom bags for the small guests (girls - fairy tutu, wings, wand, activity...

caromb, friday 11-Jul-14 6
H
Wedding pet peeve...
HeavyMetalMaiden, 1 of July of 2014 at 13:58

I am sure we all have pet peeves when it comes to wedding planning, whether it be the people politics, or the other half demanding the impossible... Mine at the moment? E-mail. E-mailing suppliers for...

cw2b, tuesday 1-Jul-14 5
C
my name has gotten me down
conway13, 1 of July of 2014 at 15:52

Im due to get married next year but all i can think about is saying and using my awful name during my vows. Me and fiancee are getting married in catholic church, does anyone know if i can get away...

ClaireD*, wednesday 2-Jul-14 31
Mrs C
Background music...whats on your playlist?
Mrs C, 5 of January of 2011 at 14:08

I found out from our venue that they have the facilities to play cds/ipod during the drinks reception and wedding breakfast... this means about 4 hours of music!!! Help me fill some space - Whats on...

HeavyMetalMaiden, tuesday 24-Jun-14 24
SillyWrong
My hen do - I feel a bit ungrateful
SillyWrong, 11 of June of 2014 at 14:49

A couple of my friends are organising my hen as a surprise for me (I'm not having BM's or a MOH) and the only stipulation I made was that it shouldn't be costly (I'm getting married abroad and people...

TheMrsMeFo, thursday 12-Jun-14 20
W
How much are you paying for canapés?
weddingvirgin, 26 of May of 2014 at 11:18

Hey everyone, Just wondered how much everyone is paying for canapés? Our venue has quoted us £5.95 per person which is for 2 canapés each plus some crisps and nuts. It's going to set us back about...

MRS RB, tuesday 10-Jun-14 21
MrsHD2015
Breaking traditions?
MrsHD2015, 25 of May of 2014 at 18:05

When it comes to weddings I would consider my self relatively traditional however there are some things I am not planning to do the father daughter dance or a gift list. Are there any traditions...

*MM3*, monday 26-May-14 28
C
Not what I dreamed of.
catnor, 20 of May of 2014 at 14:10

The whole planning experience that is. I'm not enjoying it all all. Just feel like I'm watching money too much and it's all becoming such a chore. Lists and stress. I've not got a dress with 5 months...

weddingvirgin, wednesday 21-May-14 7
Gdm90
How can we cut costs?
Gdm90, 13 of May of 2014 at 16:06

We're due to get married next October & had originally been setting aside £180 per week into our wedding savings but things have taken a turn for the worst where money is concerned & were now...

Sarah5790, wednesday 14-May-14 15
L
'the morning after"
LalaC1988, 13 of May of 2014 at 09:21

Just pondering something this morning I am stopping the night of the wedding at the venue and every body is having a special breakfast the day after with the room being put out specially for us. Just...

nixy3, tuesday 13-May-14 17
W
Hair Trial - want to change my style for the wedding day....possible without another trial?
weddingvirgin, 8 of May of 2014 at 18:35

Hey everyone, Today I had my hair and make up trial for the wedding. Very happy with my make up and also really like the hairdresser. Unfortunately there was no mobile reception in the place where my...

ClaireD*, thursday 8-May-14 2 1,672
JellyBellyBride
Chutney Confusion
JellyBellyBride, 8 of May of 2014 at 15:54

Hi All Hope everyone's planning is coming along nicely? We're having a cheese wedding cake which I'm planning on serving with crackers and chutneys in the evening, along with bacon rolls. I'm just...

Paula @ Ollievision, thursday 8-May-14 5
R
Game of thrones
RomanticPinkFlowers146, 8 of May of 2014 at 10:18

Hello all. Me and my partner are getting married next year and we are having a Game of Thrones themed wedding. Has anyone else done something similar? I am currently trying to plan it all out and save...

mustard_mitt, friday 9-May-14 13
W
Bitchy Bridesmaids
weddingvirgin, 3 of May of 2014 at 18:10

Sigh, with a week to go until my hen do 2 of my bridesmaids have started sending me bitchy texts about each other to me. One (my best friend) is complaining that the other (my sister) has only got...

SunnyOrangeConfetti7, saturday 3-May-14 1 867
ClaireD*
'Getting ready' playlist for the Bride?
ClaireD*, 28 of April of 2014 at 19:11

*SunnyGreenCare149* just got me thinking about music on the wedding morning, but I think this should probably be a separate thread, rather than hijacking the current 'Music - Inspirational Thread'...

MrsParadise, wednesday 30-Apr-14 23
M
Wedding invitations help/ideas please ?
Mrs.s.tobe, 26 of April of 2014 at 13:29

Hello this is my very first post although I'm sure it will be the first of many just been browsing wedding invitations , RSVP etc , never quite realised they were so expensive , just wondering how...

Athenawatson, monday 28-Apr-14 23
SillyWrong
The most ridiculous thing about your wedding ...
SillyWrong, 25 of April of 2014 at 14:01

... that you'd usually be too embarrassed to admit but since everyone else is - you might as well go ahead and admit it??? Mine: My ex is making my wedding cake. My other ex is organising my hen. My...

yorkshirekiwi, friday 2-May-14 165
M
Freaking Out Already!
MrsFitt2B, 23 of April of 2014 at 14:32

On Saturday we booked our venue and paid our deposit. Yesterday I phoned and booked the registrar, all was fine until I found out today that the venue have double booked. No problem I said - we've not...

MrsFitt2B, wednesday 23-Apr-14 5
W
DIY village hall decorations...help please!
weddingvirgin, 16 of April of 2014 at 10:40

Hi everyone, I'm getting married next August and this month I've given myself the task of sorting out the decorations. I've been putting this off for ages as I'm not very creative or good at...

Haror1990, tuesday 1-Sep-20 12
DrBuffles
Rsvping, how hard is it!!?!?
DrBuffles, 17 of April of 2014 at 11:40

We are slowly getting our RSVPs back and it's all very exciting but most of OH's friends think it's fine just to send him a text. He then doesn't communicate this to me so I have no idea who has...

Icklefee, thursday 17-Apr-14 14
H
To DIY or not to DIY?
HappyOrangeDecor91, 16 of April of 2014 at 16:57

Hiya I need some advice please, we are having our wedding reception in a local village hall and we are thinking of hiring some party planners to decorate it and do the food for the reception and...

weddingvirgin, wednesday 16-Apr-14

General groups

Hitched article topics