• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

19 of August of 2015

3196days 2hours

Discussions

S
Very small, simple wedding advice
Sue_69, 11 of October of 2015 at 12:29

Hi there, My first post, so here goes :-) My Fiance and I are wanting a very small, simple wedding. It's 2nd time around for both of us - we are both 46 and both widowed. We have 3 boys between us. We...

BubbleBees, thursday 3-Dec-15 15
M
No Longer a Miss!
misslynx, 27 of November of 2015 at 15:19

Well I guess its my time for a 'how it went' story! :-) How we met: In September 1998 I went as part of a scratch band to do a weeks tour of Kefalonia, Greece. I took my then fiance with me and was...

laurafish, tuesday 1-Dec-15 13
M
Short Wedding Dresses
mbunnage, 25 of November of 2015 at 13:34

Hello everyone, I'm looking for short/tea length wedding dresses and its proving a bit difficult, I can find photos of some online, but hardly any of the stockists I've spoken too actually have any in...

AKWedding, wednesday 16-Dec-15 22
O
country house/character venue help for a winter wedding, south of England
Oscy7, 12 of November of 2015 at 22:17

Firstly hi, I'm totally new to this whole wedding planning 'stuff' and am stressing already! After 12 years with my h2b (do I get brownie points for checking out the forum etiquette, and getting down...

NathalieSB, monday 23-Nov-15 9
S
Vintage crockery
Southern_Comfort, 5 of November of 2015 at 19:47

Im looking for vintage crockery: cups, saucers, side plate and plate for 60 guests. Also 12 vintage teapots. Please let me know if you can help, even if you have less that 60. Thanks in advance. ...

BubbleBees, saturday 7-Nov-15 2
M
Ceremony venue -Reading
MrsM2016, 7 of November of 2015 at 09:58

We have our wedding all planned out and we just needed to pay the deposit to secure the date. Church wedding at 4pm followed by an evening reception. But now my OH has said he doesn't want to get...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, thursday 12-Nov-15 1
S
What can I do with my dress?
Stephie, 2 of November of 2015 at 13:15

Hello all, returning as an OM now following an absolutely wonderful wedding day and honeymoon! Now I'm back in the real world, the house is almost back to normal (!) etc, I'm thinking of what I could...

Stephisaur, friday 6-Nov-15 10
Jayne E
OH addicted to weddings!
Jayne E, 3 of November of 2015 at 18:31

I had to share this as once over the shock it made me laugh. OH and I were eating the other week and he said. I've been thinking. Oh no! It's always scarey when men think! Yes? Well he says tou know...

Jayne E, wednesday 4-Nov-15 14
D
Advice needed - mother of bride very ill
DiscoCat, 22 of October of 2015 at 22:45

This is very difficult to write however I have no one to talk to and need advice. I am due to get married next Friday 30th. My mother has dementia and whilst she was unable to be at our wedding she is...

Kilner, wednesday 4-Nov-15 28
M
We did it!
MrsFRtobe, 3 of November of 2015 at 17:56

We finally did it on the 24th october, it was the most perfect, amazing day. we have just returned from our honeymoon to las vegas, new york and the grand canyon. please can I do it all again?? ...

jadeee, thursday 5-Nov-15 8
J
HELLLLPPPPPPP!!!
Jade1990, 3 of November of 2015 at 16:32

A bit of an extreme header but I'm really really stuck. (this is also a bit long winded so apologies in advance) My OH isn't interested in the slightest in helping me plan our wedding, which doesn't...

Jayne E, friday 6-Nov-15 23
B
We got hitched - Mini Flash
BridgetJonesNoLonger, 25 of October of 2015 at 17:38

Here are a few of the official photos from big day, yesterday. It was one of the best days of my life!!! Off on honeymoon to Barbados tomorrow Full report to follow. B xx

AnnaMolly, sunday 1-Nov-15 23
P
Chicken or beef?
Pooba, 27 of October of 2015 at 12:03

So I'd like some opinions please! We've gone through catering options and pretty much figured what we want... but need advice on main. I'm going by memory here for details (curse me for leaving my...

MadamRed, wednesday 28-Oct-15 24
C
Our Boozy Vineyard Wedding - The (long overdue) Report - FLASH HEAVY
Choods87, 27 of October of 2015 at 13:49

So it’s been 7 weeks since we tied the knot and then embarked on a 3 and a half week long honeymoon around Australia and Fiji so I thought it was about time I did my report along with a few flashes...

jayannfernandez, friday 6-Nov-15 26
B
Anyone not having a traditional wedding dress?
Belle2007, 27 of October of 2015 at 11:46

This is second time around for me (and him). We are having a small civil ceremony in the day (just 30 guests) followed by a big party in the evening. I really don't know what I want to wear. Whatever...

RachD90, wednesday 4-Nov-15 11
Y
Card 'postbox' ideas needed
YanaiYork, 5 of October of 2015 at 21:35

Hi everyone Starting to look at the little details for our wedding next year and I'm a bit stumped by what to have as our wedding 'postbox'. We're not really having a theme for the wedding, nor are we...

FutureMrsMarshall, tuesday 6-Oct-15 3
R
Old, New, borrowed, blue
RomanticEmeralds, 3 of October of 2015 at 16:35

Old, New, borrowed, blue -anyone doing this? OMs a what did you do? I'd like to follow the tradition but would like some inspiration. I have plenty for new e.g dress, shoes, underwear, hair...

Sarah_88, saturday 10-Oct-15 20
S
Elopement package
Sez4345, 3 of October of 2015 at 20:57

Hi, We are wanting to elope, just the 2 of us and our 18 month old baby boy. I have struggled to find a selection of venues that offer a package. All I can find is Gretna Green or Cornwall venues. If...

LuxuriousYellowFlowe, sunday 3-Mar-19 4
CornishBride89
Would this be something you would worry about?
CornishBride89, 21 of September of 2015 at 09:45

It's less than two weeks before the wedding, and my FMIL is working on our wedding cake. Me and my OH were more than happy to let her make our cake, as she's done a few birthday cakes before, and...

Pooba, wednesday 23-Sep-15 14
F
100 People Wedding for only 5K ?
FutureMrsJD1, 20 of September of 2015 at 16:06

Hi All, This is my first time posting, hoping to get some advice from fellow brides to be. My other half and I have been engaged since Christmas just gone, together 6 years. We never really had plans...

Bobbys_Girl, monday 5-Oct-15 9
BubbleBees
Beautiful Belt (Ivory ribbon) make me an offer
BubbleBees, 3 of September of 2015 at 11:20

I've a few wedding bits to sell (there may be more). If you're interested drop me a message. I'll add on postage once known. Payment by paypal. I bought this belt for £65. Its an ivory ribbon. Total...

BubbleBees, saturday 19-Sep-15 1
Sam&Louise
We got wed!! *a few little flashes*
Sam&Louise, 16 of September of 2015 at 12:24

Finally, 3 years after setting the date we got hitched on Saturday! I just wanted to pop on and say a massive thank you to the ladies and gents (HIBs included) who've wished us luck, offered...

Sam&Louise, wednesday 14-Oct-15 23
bliss_balloons
Bliss balloons long and flashy wedding report!!
bliss_balloons , 14 of September of 2015 at 15:06

Sorry if it’s a bit long and rambly, hopefully the flashes will make up for that! The run up and the day itself didn’t go completely smoothly, there were a few issues along the way but it honestly...

Purplecake, friday 25-Sep-15 23
Soon2b_MrsJohnson2016
Small initmate wedding venues
Soon2b_MrsJohnson2016, 8 of September of 2015 at 20:08

My partner and I have decided to have a small intimate wedding for many different reasons. We just want it to be us and our children and possibly our immediate family. Does anyone know of any venues...

Soon2b_MrsJohnson201, wednesday 9-Sep-15 8
bubblerawk
PP - Ordered my dress today *Flash*
bubblerawk, 5 of September of 2015 at 22:40

So this is a PP but i went dress shopping last November with no intention to buy. I found a dress i loved but then had a wobble about it a few months after putting a deposit down. I had my...

Chale, monday 7-Sep-15 11
V
Charity donation instead of wedding favours
Vicki2015, 6 of September of 2015 at 14:28

I never thought this would be so controversial! Instead of buying wedding favours we donated the money we would of spent to an charity appeal that is very important to us. We weren't going to bother...

AKWedding, tuesday 8-Sep-15 15
L
Votes please Hitchers! My dress dilemma continues...
Little_MrsA2B, 6 of September of 2015 at 18:15

Some of you might remember a little while ago I was umming and ahhing about dresses. Found two I liked but ended up not liking little parts about both of them so my friends say I should keep looking...

Beckcible, thursday 10-Sep-15 23
zoe@hitched
What music did you/will you have at your wedding ceremony
zoe@hitched, 4 of September of 2015 at 11:53

Hi and happy Friday! I'm working on a piece to inspire couples choosing their wedding ceremony music. If you could let me know what music you had or are planning to have at your ceremony, I'd love to...

MagicEdit-Videos, sunday 4-Oct-15 34
Cache13
Cache35 Wedding Report - it was the BEST DAY EVER
Cache13, 3 of September of 2015 at 16:56

PART 1: Hi everyone, We got married August 1st – I cannot believe that’s over a month ago now – so I thought it was about time I wrote you lovely brides a report. My Husband (eek!) and I have been...

I-go-by-many-names, sunday 1-Nov-15 31
CornishBride89
Typical! :-(
CornishBride89, 1 of September of 2015 at 12:58

Just had a phone call from the lady who should be doing my hair and she's cancelled. She should be sending me a full refund, but I have less than 5 weeks to find an alternative. Not even sure if there...

RomanticEmeralds, sunday 6-Sep-15 10
Cupcake26
We're married!!!
Cupcake26, 31 of August of 2015 at 10:03

We had a truly amazing day I couldn't have asked for anything more! Here's a few guest pics!

Mrslh2b, tuesday 1-Sep-15 12

General groups

Hitched article topics