Skip to main content
S
Simply Ceremonies Uk

United Kingdom · From July 2014

Discussions

S
Having a wedding celebrant
sunshine_bunny, 8 of May of 2017 at 11:16

Hi guys, Does anyone have experience of legally getting married a day of two before the wedding, and then having a ceremony with just a wedding celebrant? I'm not sure if it will take away from the...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, monday 15-May-17 3
S
Anyone having/had a blessing at their wedding?
Springchicken , 20 of April of 2017 at 16:01

Neither my fiancee and I are religious therefore are wanting to steer clear of any religious setting. We plan to marry officially in a registry office a couple of days before the actual wedding with...

MetalBride, thursday 4-May-17 1
Twigz22
Meals / Feeding Celebrant-photographer etc
Twigz22, 13 of January of 2017 at 12:44

We are currently trying to arrange our seating plan and wondered whether you asked your humanist/priest as well as photographer & videographer to attend the meal? I would think they would at least...

Chapples, tuesday 17-Jan-17 13
L
Married at an English castle
LuxuriousBlueDiamonds716, 7 of December of 2016 at 02:09

Looking to have a very intimate wedding ceremony at an English castle during our visit to the UK next September/October. It would just be us (obviously) the celebrant and perhaps a few invited...

Matt Lee Photography, thursday 12-Jan-17 10
E
Woodland venues
ExpensiveIvoryDiamonds634, 16 of September of 2016 at 20:30

Hi! I've got a dream of getting married in some woodlands, and then going to a reception maybe in a converted barn or somewhere with shelter, electricity etc! So we are all warm and dry should the...

RomanticOrangeConfet, thursday 20-Jan-22 7
P
Affordable Kent venues
poppymarble, 30 of January of 2016 at 17:05

So we're getting married! But we want to have maximum control over the day and so aren't looking for a traditional hotel or marquee sort of place. Ideally we are looking for a barn style village hall...

SunnyOrangeStationer, monday 4-Apr-16 9 1
S
Can anyone recommend a celebrant/marquee company/caterer in Midlands area?
sdsparkle, 8 of February of 2016 at 12:29

Hi everyone I've been a lurker for a while but am after some advice if anyone can help! We're planning our wedding for August next year and will be putting a marquee in my parents' back garden as they...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, monday 15-Feb-16 6
H
Brighton Bandstand Wedding
happyone87, 14 of December of 2015 at 11:35

Hi there! My boyfriend and I are getting married on Brighton Bandstand next year which we are very excited about! I have heard that because of it's proximity to the sea and the main road guests sat...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, sunday 27-Dec-15 2
Rosegoldsparkle
Totally uninspired!
Rosegoldsparkle, 5 of December of 2015 at 12:59

Hello fellow Hitchers! So ive been engaged a month now (in fact a month today!) and OH and I agreed we'd start properly planning after Christmas but I've obviously been looking online for potential...

Beckalina, sunday 13-Dec-15 14
T
Alternatives to humanist ceremony?
ThirteenTenSeventeen, 4 of September of 2015 at 06:59

Our wedding planning started off fun and exciting. Then it got stressful. It's now fun and exciting again! We've been struggling to find venues that can accommodate a Friday reception, so we've given...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, tuesday 1-Dec-15 12
M
Humanist Ceremonies
MrsM2016, 14 of November of 2015 at 10:23

Has anyone had or is having a or have been to a Humanist Ceremonies? Would you recommend it?

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, wednesday 2-Dec-15 7
D
Stuck for a ceremony venue - London
donkey86, 6 of November of 2015 at 11:58

Hi guys - I wonder if anyone can help? We're a bit stuck for a ceremony venue. We've found a reception venue we really like - we're going for a boat on the Thames! (we were originally going for the...

donkey86, thursday 12-Nov-15 5
M
Ceremony venue -Reading
MrsM2016, 7 of November of 2015 at 09:58

We have our wedding all planned out and we just needed to pay the deposit to secure the date. Church wedding at 4pm followed by an evening reception. But now my OH has said he doesn't want to get...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, thursday 12-Nov-15 1
M
Registrars day of or day before/after?
mbunnage, 20 of October of 2015 at 21:48

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so let's see how it goes! Charles and I are getting married on the 19th August 2016, we've been engaged for all of about two weeks now. I have no clue what I'm...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, sunday 1-Nov-15 6
B
Registrar question....
BearFeb2016, 1 of November of 2015 at 09:13

Hey Ladies, We've had our "wedding pack" from the Registrar for a while but haven't gotten round to send it back yet (I don't like having a multiple choice selection for our vows- feels to me like...

Pooba, monday 2-Nov-15 4
B
When does the registrar contact you to make final arrangements for the ceremony?
BridgetJonesNoLonger, 12 of September of 2015 at 14:45

Hi Fellow Brides We are getting married in six weeks time in Southwark. Does anyone know how many weeks before the wedding registrars contact you to meet and agree the readings/music? Cheers BJNL xx ...

BridgetJonesNoLonger, tuesday 15-Sep-15 4
M
Advice/Help needed! Unlicensed venue etc
mrslang16, 18 of August of 2015 at 22:42

I'm really struggling to find a venue for our ceremony. Basically, my fiancé and myself are booked for a big dream wedding next October but now I'm not sure I want a 'big' wedding. We now want to do...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, friday 21-Aug-15 2
H
Ceremony script / how we met etc
HappyPinkCars361, 15 of July of 2015 at 11:15

Hello! Im putting together our ceremony script at the moment, and need to write a small part about our relationship/how we met etc.for the celebrant to read. Im struggling! he recommended it should be...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, thursday 16-Jul-15
H
Wedding in NZ, but something for the UK
healeycullen, 14 of July of 2015 at 18:46

Hello, myself and my husband-to-be are going to get married in New Zealand (he is a kiwi) in Dec 2016. My parents and immediate family aren't able to attend due to costs and length of flight time and...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, thursday 16-Jul-15 5
H
Ceremony Readings
HappyPinkCars361, 9 of July of 2015 at 13:19

Hello! Im getting married in August and struggling to find a reading for my brother to read, does anyone know of any nice scottish readings? I am thinking about this: 1) ‘Freedom and Love’ Thomas...

DreamsComeTrue2015, wednesday 15-Jul-15 9
S
Outdoor Tipi Wedding!
Saraaa86, 30 of June of 2015 at 22:28

Hi have been engaged a few weeks and wedding planning is under way for next September. we saw a Tipi at a wedding fare and have decided that's what we want for the reception, it's proving difficult to...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, friday 3-Jul-15 7
F
Looking for celebrant
FutureMrsMarshall, 21 of June of 2015 at 23:16

Does anyone have any recommendations for celebrants (or those to avoid!) who would work around Salisbury? I'm looking for someone who is happy and able to perform a quite traditional ceremony, mostly...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, thursday 25-Jun-15 3
M
UK Online Officiants - where can they marry?
MummyWifeyBoo, 21 of June of 2015 at 22:22

And how does it all work!!? Hi, this is my very first post (am on my iPhone, and cant seem to find the function to search the forum?!) - I really want one of my very best friends in my wedding party...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, monday 22-Jun-15 8
L
"You may now kiss the bride" - no longer happens??
Little_MrsA2B, 5 of April of 2015 at 20:03

Ladies, please help settle a 'discussion' my H2B and I are having... He says at the end of the service the vicar/registrar/etc no longer says "you may kiss the bride". Is this true? I havent been to a...

Wedding Photography, monday 13-Apr-15 19
S
Wedding vow renewal
suziedutton1978@gmail.com, 7 of April of 2015 at 21:33

Hoping it's ok to post. I've been married for ten years and we have decided to have a vow renewal or blessing. We did our wedding last time on a strict budget and although it was perfect, I'd like to...

CGWeddingPhotography, sunday 12-Apr-15 3
J
Ideas for a non-legal second ceremony
Jen2506, 9 of April of 2015 at 22:21

I'm hoping that people could help me with some ideas for our ceremony. We really like the idea of going to the registry office a day or two before our wedding and having the legal ceremony there, with...

Teal, sunday 12-Apr-15 4
R
A hello and Evening Ceremony Advice Please
redand black, 3 of April of 2015 at 16:06

A big hello to everyone on here, I am new although reading all your posts for a while.....yes another stalker . Anyway wanted to ask for some advice, as we have recently decided to dump all our...

redand black, monday 6-Apr-15 5
snow bride
For those going humanist / non legal blessing...?
snow bride, 9 of March of 2015 at 13:18

For those of you doing a humanist / non legal ceremony when are you doing the legal side of things? I'd planned to do it on the same day but the earliest our registry office will do is 11am! Which...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, sunday 15-Mar-15 8
K
Wedding ring help please
KJHLee, 14 of March of 2015 at 17:29

Hi, Me and my partner went into a jewellers to look at wedding rings last month and I tried on various rings but can't find one to fit my engagement ring. The manager said it was quite an unusual...

Brinkley, monday 4-May-15 12
N
Two different coloured rings!
NavyBlueBride, 14 of March of 2015 at 07:25

Hi everyone! I need a bit of help really.. Our wedding rings are yellow gold and are h2b late grandparents wedding rings. We would love to have them but my engagement ring is white gold. I went to the...

Simply Ceremonies Uk, sunday 15-Mar-15 4
cez1987
His and hers rings
cez1987, 8 of March of 2015 at 21:34

Can anyone recommend where to get matching his and hers wedding rings?

Simply Ceremonies Uk, friday 13-Mar-15 4
E
Easter Sunday Registrars wedding HELP!
ExpensiveGreenCars296, 1 of March of 2015 at 20:38

Hi all myself and my fiancee are hoping to be married on Easter Sunday 2016. Does anyone know if there would be a problem with registrars from chester?

Simply Ceremonies Uk, sunday 1-Mar-15 1

General groups

Hitched article topics