• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

30 of September of 2017

2408days 8hours

Discussions

L
Thank you etiquette
LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486, 3 of January of 2018 at 22:21

We have just received our thank you cards from our photographer's printer and about to embark on writing them. We had a gift list with John Lewis but some of the items our guests purchased had to be...

HappyGoldCakes12290, monday 19-Mar-18 1 1,066
L
how can I include an absent/ill family member?
LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486, 20 of September of 2017 at 15:57

I am getting married in under 2 weeks...my grandmother has recently been taken ill and isn't looking likely that she'll be able to attend. I'm devastated and so is she. There have been many tears shed...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, tuesday 10-Oct-17 3
T
Village hall decoration
Trollhammeran, 27 of September of 2017 at 07:01

Hi. We're having our reception in the local village hall and looking for some decoration ideas. We were planning on having the dj out of the way on the stage, maybe hang some lights down in front but...

Mats, saturday 29-Jan-22 5
L
Major panic - bridesmaids appointment coming up
Lilacbouquet, 24 of September of 2017 at 11:22

In 2 weeks time I have finally managed to get all 4 bridesmaids together and we are going shopping for their dresses. Originally scouting we found a dress in Nottingham that we liked at the time....

Lilacbouquet, tuesday 10-Oct-17 12
B
How to budget. Where to start?
Bride2beKelly, 4 of October of 2017 at 16:07

Ok, so I have in my mind (without looking or booking etc) we'll get married in 3 years. Roughly £10-15k So how do you ladies save and book things? Should I save each month and start booking when we...

hopey_, monday 6-Nov-17 4
P
Invites - Guest Information What to include
pooksgirl, 5 of October of 2017 at 01:33

Hi Hitchers! I'm starting to organise my invites and I'm struggling with what to include on the "Guest Info" sheet. So far I've got: Full address of venue Date and Time menu options Our website How to...

April2018Bride, tuesday 10-Oct-17 5
L
Invites - When to send them out
LuxuriousPurpleCakes965, 5 of October of 2017 at 10:08

Hi all I am trying to work out when we should send out the wedding invitations. We get married in March 2018 so 6 months from now and i dont know if we do them 1 month? 2 months ...... well i just...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, monday 9-Oct-17 2
E
So I've hit the under 40 days to go mark!
ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 21 of September of 2017 at 11:22

So this morning I get up and the computer reminds me I have 39 days left! Crikey! I can feel myself getting stressed at the minute and have a list a mile long! I have categorised it- most to least...

ExpensiveYellowConfe, thursday 21-Sep-17 1
S
Are you throwing your bouquet?
SunnyGoldHair813, 19 of June of 2017 at 09:53

Just as the title says really, are you throwing your bouqet at your wedding? If so, when? The past couple of weddings I've been to they haven't done this, and I'm not sure if they forgot or if they...

StillOptimistic, monday 25-Sep-17 24
L
Getting ready outfits for the morning
Lilacbouquet, 23 of August of 2017 at 15:46

Are many of you having 'outfits' to wear for yourselves and bridesmaids while you are getting your hair, makeup and pre-wedding pics done on the morning of the big day? I would like to get my maids...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, wednesday 20-Sep-17 9
P
Less than 3 weeks to go!
PinkGems254, 11 of September of 2017 at 12:08

Hi, Our wedding is now just under 3 weeks away and I was just wondering if there are any last minute tips that other brides and grooms could share that might be useful in the final countdown!! Thanks ...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, wednesday 20-Sep-17 1
C
John Lewis gift list reviews please
Cream&Blush, 12 of February of 2017 at 21:07

Hiya, I'm not getting married until April next year so have plenty of time but was starting to think about where we might register. I was thinking of John Lewis as they have a good variety of products...

RomanticPinkConfetti, sunday 20-Oct-19 9 1
S
Autumn Colour Scheme Help
Skybluez, 12 of September of 2017 at 11:58

Hi all, We are looking to marry in October 2019. I've been thinking a lot about colour schemes but I am really not keen on the classic bright oranges and reds for Autumn weddings. Does anyone have any...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, wednesday 20-Sep-17 2
P
Thank you gift for mum - Ideas?!
PinkGems254, 20 of September of 2017 at 16:38

Hi, I'm really struggling to think of a Thank You gift for my mum - she has been incredible with helping us plan our wedding and I really want to get her something to show how much we appreciate...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, wednesday 20-Sep-17
N
Wedding Favours
Natalie_G123, 29 of June of 2017 at 10:52

Hi everyone, Is anybody doing wedding favours for the tables? Struggling to think of different favours that my guests will actually enjoy receiving!! Any help and ideas would be very much appreciated!...

LuxuriousYellowDiamo, wednesday 20-Sep-17 23
E
Worried about a lull in the day!
ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 19 of September of 2017 at 19:14

Hi - I am getting married in october and sat here going through the plans! Im finalising the order of the day: Ceremony, Reception drinks, Speeches, Food - then all of a sudden it is nothing until...

Joey@WarbleEntertain, thursday 5-Oct-17 4
B
Wedding Shoes
Blondie_bride, 6 of September of 2017 at 21:40

Hi all, I am struggling choosing some wedding shoes and need a bit of inspiration, I thought it would be nice if everyone could share theirs too! So lets see those lovely shoes! xx

Littlemy, thursday 15-Jul-21 20
L
Don't want a hen party
LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486, 11 of February of 2017 at 22:04

I have no desire for a hen party. My bridesmaids tell me I do. I am telling them I do not. I would rather spend some time by myself, if anything. They are getting impateient with me for not providing...

Laura, monday 24-May-21 11
H
How long??
HappyOrangeDecor917, 1 of September of 2017 at 13:37

Hello everyone, This is my first post so please be gentle with me and excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong place! I would like to ask how long you had been with your partner before you were...

April2018Bride, thursday 28-Sep-17 14

General groups

Hitched article topics