• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

29 of June of 2018

2136days 10hours

Discussions

L
Gifts
Lilacbouquet, 10 of June of 2018 at 09:50

19 days to go and now I think about gifts? There are 3 mums and 3 dads (my parents both remarried) There will be quite a few flowers for people to take home I.e. table centres and potted plants so I...

Fireworkandfairyligh, sunday 10-Jun-18 701
L
Less than 7 weeks, major panic about everything!
Lilacbouquet, 12 of May of 2018 at 16:45

How do I fit everything in with the time I have left? All of the big things are done, but all suppliers need finalising with guest numbers, the wine etc needs choosing with the barman, BM shoes to...

HappyGoldCakes14475, tuesday 15-May-18 2 1,019
L
Emergency post! My hairdresser cut my hair off!
Lilacbouquet, 7 of April of 2018 at 12:56

Im getting married 12 weeks yesterday. I went for a hair appt today, got told my hairdresser left so I had someone else. I told her I was growing it long for my wedding in 12 weeks and to just take...

autumneyes231, wednesday 11-Apr-18 6 1,429
L
Suit hire
Lilacbouquet, 4 of April of 2018 at 12:53

Im not sure how to handle the suit hire payments. The bridesmaids chose to pay for their dresses of which we are very grateful, and we are paying for hair, makeup, shoes etc. In that respect I was...

Have_you_met_Mrs_Jon, friday 6-Apr-18 752
L
RSVPs coming back declined
Lilacbouquet, 4 of April of 2018 at 12:35

We are past our RSVP date so am currently chasing them this week, however we have had 8 people pull out so far, most of which are family for the church ceremony and food etc! I'll admit I am very...

Sandra-Dee, friday 6-Apr-18 2 1,351
L
Inviting work colleagues
Lilacbouquet, 4 of April of 2018 at 11:54

I've got a new job, in my third week at the moment. Everyone seems very nice and we have a bit of a chat while working that sort of thing. The wedding comes up in conversation too. My wedding is 12...

HappyBrownDecor18059, thursday 5-Apr-18 1 918
L
White corset for photoshoot
Lilacbouquet, 27 of March of 2018 at 07:55

I've booked a bridal boudoir shoot and am after a pretty white corset to wear for it. I thought this would have been easy but I can only find them on Amazon and eBay, and they look too short in the...

MetalBride, wednesday 28-Mar-18 731
L
Strange dilemma with ex-bridesmaid
Lilacbouquet, 19 of February of 2018 at 16:18

I have had many issues with one of my bridesmaids, which in the end I came to the difficult decision I should give her the option to no longer be my maid and she accepted. There wasn’t an argument or...

ExpensiveIvoryFlower, thursday 8-Mar-18 3
F
Bridesmaid Help!
Festivebride16, 4 of March of 2018 at 23:36

Hi all! First time posting here and I’m after a little advice. Long story short, I was going to just have one bridesmaid: my sister-in-law-to-be. After asking her, I thought it would be a nice idea to...

WinkOfPink, thursday 8-Mar-18 5
L
Venue decorator or florist?
Lilacbouquet, 6 of March of 2018 at 16:52

I have a venue decorator booked for table cloths & runners, chair swags, candy cart, table centres and their flowers, and the top table flowers. I haven’t really been 100% from the start but I had...

Lilacbouquet, wednesday 7-Mar-18 1
R
How does this look?
RomanticYellowConfetti495, 1 of March of 2018 at 20:32

Hi I’m having a small panic that the dress I really like shows my post baby belly too much, just wondering ideas anyone would be able to give me honest opinions about my dress

autumneyes231, saturday 10-Mar-18 12
L
How to put up swags into a wall
Lilacbouquet, 6 of March of 2018 at 13:12

We are having our reception in a barn which I would like to put swags and bunting up in. There are three middle beams which are easy to lay things on top of, but at each end wall there is a beam sunk...

Paula @ Ollievision, tuesday 6-Mar-18 719
M
Wedding dress to fancy for my wedding?
MartaG, 1 of March of 2018 at 10:25

Hiya, My wedding will be relaxed, 50 people, children, in a nice venue but with a relaxed feel. It's what I want but. Does that mean I have to have a very simple dress? I want a sleeveless beaded and...

RomanticPinkDiamonds, saturday 17-Mar-18 11
L
Who pays for suits?
Lilacbouquet, 2 of March of 2018 at 09:47

We have picked the suits out for our wedding which is fast approaching, and we aren't sure who pays for the suit hire. They have come up rather expensive but look fantastic! The groom and best man are...

LuxuriousGoldCakes77, thursday 15-Mar-18 6 1,350
R
Hair & Makeup Advice
RomanticYellowConfetti938, 6 of December of 2017 at 16:01

Hi everyone I've been researching hair and makeup artists for the big day and have realised just how expensive they are! I'm having 4 (potentially 5) bridesmaids and the average cost of getting their...

ExpensiveYellowConfe, tuesday 12-Dec-17 7
S
Decorative frames
SunnyBlueCakes764, 11 of December of 2017 at 22:12

Hi, ive been searching high and low for somebody who can supply a frame, either wooden or meta to go around our cake table. Similar to that in the above picture. Does anyone have any recommendations...

Bruce Neville Photog, sunday 17-Dec-17 2
L
A new bridesmaid?
Lilacbouquet, 8 of December of 2017 at 19:14

I have a friend who I have known since we were babies. We fell out at secondary school and lost touch for a few years but have been back in touch for a few months again now. She has been really...

HappyBrownConfetti84, tuesday 12-Dec-17 1 417
MrsR2B18
Plus One's
MrsR2B18, 28 of November of 2017 at 12:00

Just after a bit of advice about plus one's. I have 5 cousins which my mum would like to invite to the whole of the wedding (my parents are paying for the wedding) but we're limited on our budget of...

SunnyRedHair82512, friday 1-Dec-17 6
T
wedding planning rollercoaster
TAM-OLA2018, 28 of November of 2017 at 07:02

I’ve been planning my wedding for a few months now and it’s been an emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes everything is going ok and I’m happy and sometimes I just want to call off the wedding. I need...

MrsR2B18, thursday 30-Nov-17 4
L
How to get bridesmaids more involved?
Lilacbouquet, 29 of November of 2017 at 10:04

I have 3 bridesmaids and I would like to get them more involved/interested in my wedding. I’m hoping to get them together in a few weeks to discuss my hen do, but other than that I’m not sure what we...

HappyBlueCars582, wednesday 29-Nov-17 1 599
L
I really need advice!!
Lilacbouquet, 18 of November of 2017 at 10:51

Me and my cousin 1 pretty much grew up together, she used to come round most weekends for sleepover weekends when we were teenagers, and we said we would be each other' maid of honour. She then got a...

ExpensiveBrownHair58, sunday 26-Nov-17 4 1,149
L
How much to spend on a hen do?
Lilacbouquet, 8 of November of 2017 at 13:21

I have started looking into my hen do, and the big question is how much are people expecting to spend on a hen do? I have not been on a hen do so have no idea what a 'standard' cost is, how much are...

Sorbet, wednesday 8-Nov-17 1 542
L
How to ask for gifts on an invite?
Lilacbouquet, 8 of November of 2017 at 12:27

We are wanting to order our invites this week/next but not sure what wording to have to ask for gifts. We are asking for money for our honeymoon and think we will have a website where guests can go on...

RomanticBlueCakes716, wednesday 15-Nov-17 5 1,083
R
Top Table Stress
RomanticYellowConfetti938, 6 of November of 2017 at 16:13

Hi guys I'm busy planning my wedding and will be having 4 bridesmaids (3 of my best friends and my fiance's little cousin who is 11). I don't know how to set up my top table as my partner really wants...

Lilacbouquet, tuesday 7-Nov-17 1
H
'Oh gosh, im so embarrased!'
HappyGoldStationery958, 2 of November of 2017 at 06:19

Yup- those where the magic words my h2b heard when he popped the quesion! To elaborate- I had not a single clue an engagement was coming! We had hiked to the top of a mountain in beautiful NZ. He told...

StardustCJ, sunday 12-Nov-17 5
MetalBride
Need a pick me up if you can.
MetalBride, 2 of November of 2017 at 20:30

Apologies as this is a very self serving post however we're 5 months away from the wedding, the invites are proving a pain, my BMs have other things in their lives (which of course they should do,...

Lilacbouquet, tuesday 7-Nov-17 2
Lady Zith
I appear to be back....!
Lady Zith, 3 of November of 2017 at 16:21

Hi Hitchers I’m not going to bore you with my back story, but I’ve been a hitched member previously (many years ago - hitched was still yellow then!) I find myself rather unexpectedly here again and...

Lilacbouquet, monday 6-Nov-17
K
Chair covers or not?
KateEH, 1 of November of 2017 at 21:14

Me and my other half are getting married next August and we are trying to decide whether or not to have chair covers for our venue. Our colour scheme is sage green and the venue has just replaced...

Paula @ Ollievision, monday 6-Nov-17 3
E
Opinions please!
ExpensiveOrangeHair899, 2 of November of 2017 at 13:19

My partner and I are getting married early next year. We have secured our venue, and are finalising our evening entertainment. We want to have Irish dancers at our reception, and have found a group...

thespectrumband@hotm, tuesday 7-Nov-17 5
L
Where to get ready on the wedding morning?
Lilacbouquet, 31 of October of 2017 at 09:29

I am having a car to take me to the church, even though I only live about 2 minute’s drive from it (one thing I did really want), then the after-do is only about a minute drive so the chauffeur said...

Lilacbouquet, saturday 4-Nov-17 4

General groups

Hitched article topics