S
SoontobeMrsSSmith

United Kingdom · From August 2010

• Beginner

Discussions

Starlight85
Cufflink Suggestions???
Starlight85, 14 of April of 2011 at 12:27

Hi Im looking for some silver coloured (silver/plated/pewter/etc) square/rectangular cufflinks, we don't mind the usual Bestman/Father of Groom/Father of Bride/Usher/Pageboy to just have titles on,...

sales@anthonyformalw, saturday 16-Apr-11 3
BustyB
50s style page boy outfits.....
BustyB, 14 of April of 2011 at 23:06

Does anyone have any suggestions? Our 2 page boys will be 4 & 5 and as everyone else will be in 50s style clothes, we want them to be , am struggling to find any though..........

BustyB, sunday 17-Apr-11 3
pandorasbox
TOG posed photos time question
pandorasbox, 14 of April of 2011 at 21:33

OH and I are wondering about changing our ceremony time, and seeing if we can take some time out of the photos. We don't want lots of forced, posed shots and prefer more spontaneous snaps from...

Peter, wednesday 7-Sep-11 28
FutureMrsRon
New name - exciting or a bit of a pain?
FutureMrsRon, 14 of April of 2011 at 12:12

My surname is almost an exact rhyme for my first name, and have always been really annoyed by it (my parents gave me a double barrelled first name but only ever use the first part of it, it's just bad...

ruby_tuesday, friday 15-Apr-11 123
Kitty824
Help! In need of a wedding cake stand...If it even exists?
Kitty824, 12 of April of 2011 at 20:27

Hey guys, Although its a while off, its something that is bugging me... We are having 4 same size cheesecakes for our wedding cake, can you buy or hire a stand with four same size tiers? thank you so...

SoontobeMrsSSmith, thursday 14-Apr-11 3
Arquard
How much confetti and who throws it??
Arquard, 12 of April of 2011 at 16:36

Presumably I don't need to provide enough confetti for all 100-odd of my guests to each throw some... do i? It's times like this I wish I'd been to more weddings and paid more attention!!

ATB, wednesday 13-Apr-11 23
T
Can you help find these centre pieces??!! please!
tallgal, 11 of April of 2011 at 18:03

We saw these in TKMax at the weekend, the only problem being that they only had 2 and can't order more as they 'don't know what's coming in until they open the boxes' !!!! Anyway, they are perfect but...

tallgal, monday 25-Apr-11 13
LittleMissP
Hand made Bridesmaid dresses
LittleMissP, 11 of April of 2011 at 15:51

Hi all, Just wanted to ask a quick question about Bridesmaids dresses. I would like to get them made, as I would like all my Bridesmaids (i'm having 3) to have the same material, but as they are...

Little Madam, tuesday 12-Apr-11 5
B
Photographer costs
Bride2012, 10 of April of 2011 at 19:40

Hi, We are getting married in June 2012 and are starting to look around for a wedding photographer and I have noticed the price can vary quite a bit. How much is your photographer costing and what do...

SoontobeMrsSSmith, tuesday 12-Apr-11 34
P
Sunshine:
Pinki Hels, 11 of April of 2011 at 09:02

As I was sat outside enjoying the sunshine last night I sudden had a horrible thought. I was wearing a vest top and as I have caught the sun I have now obviously got white bits - but my horror that...

LoveSka, monday 11-Apr-11 10
B
Quick Catering Question Plus Cupcake Flavour Vote!
blueeyedgirl, 10 of April of 2011 at 22:33

Hi All We're meeting with the venue Easter weekend to discuss catering requirements - wooo cant wait free food! And just wanted to do a 'straw poll' on here. Evening Buffet How many people to you...

Hollie1984, monday 11-Apr-11 11
H
Having a bad day :-(...........
hjd1, 8 of April of 2011 at 13:19

Hi everyone, I just wanted to make sure it's not me bing crazy and needed some like minded people to talk to! We're getting married in July and also currently buying our forst house. Needless to say...

SoontobeMrsSSmith, friday 8-Apr-11 4
Purple Pixie
Photos of weddings
Purple Pixie, 8 of April of 2011 at 13:48

Does anybody know of any good web-sites for looking at lots of photos of weddings? I'd love to find some real weddings to see how colour schemes work in practice. Thanks, PP

JezVonSavage, saturday 30-Apr-11 8
SarinaCain
Where could you wear a Tiara again?
SarinaCain, 7 of April of 2011 at 19:43

Okay so our wedding is over....and as much as I loved the dress and the flowers etc.....I love my Tiara the most. When would I ever be able to wear it again? Any ideas?

tinks269, friday 8-Apr-11 21
Gurzle
Photobooth costs?
Gurzle, 7 of April of 2011 at 13:31

Hi girls I was just wondering if anyone was planning on having a photobooth? If so, can you give me an idea of price? I was considering one instead of getting a magician/charicaturist or something...

Mrs C, tuesday 5-Jul-11 10
Random Name
I love Hitched because.....
Random Name, 7 of April of 2011 at 11:42

Hi all Am in a lovely mood toady and think that’s down to the weather. I was sitting at my desk and was thinking how much more fun wedding planning has become since I joined this forumn. Have got some...

sapphire_22, thursday 7-Apr-11 15
tinkerbelly1983
Ballet shoes
tinkerbelly1983, 6 of April of 2011 at 21:36

I'm considering buying ballet pumps to wear. I've been um-ing & ah-ing over shoes for ages now, I've seen some lovely Rainbow Club ones but they are £65 plus dyeing is about £20. Its too much. I...

Rod, thursday 7-Apr-11 3
A
Those who have done their own bar.....
Anne!, 3 of April of 2011 at 17:35

How much ice do I need to buy and where from? I've looked at Asda and Tesco £1 per 2kg of ice - is there anywhere cheaper?

Anne!, monday 4-Apr-11 15
tmr1234
Cake will this look to much?
tmr1234, 4 of April of 2011 at 06:33

Hi ladys right iam having mini 2 tier wedding cakes 1 for each gest for favers and was going to have a cutting cake on top but then i was thinking about the pic of cutting the cake i dont want my arms...

SoontobeMrsSSmith, monday 4-Apr-11 3
T
Who walks mum down the aisle? Help please.
Teal, 4 of April of 2011 at 01:57

My dad & grandfather are both dead, so my brother is walking me down the aisle. We only have 1 BM and 1 MOH, so I imagine they walk down the aisle together, then myself & my brother. But who...

SoontobeMrsSSmith, monday 4-Apr-11 4
C
Cotton bunting
cjhugs, 31 of March of 2011 at 10:31

Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy cotton bunting at a reasonable price? I am looking for 100m in total. Thanks

lovelygirl, friday 1-Apr-11 10
N
Wedding make up- how much stronger than normal are you going?
nat2683, 28 of March of 2011 at 18:41

I'm getting married in 12 (ahhhhh... ok.. breath) days and everything is pretty much sorted apart from my makeup. Im having a hair and makeup lady on the day, I wasn't really happy with the make up...

Miss Perfectionist, wednesday 30-Mar-11 14
fizzypop
Wedding Fragrance
fizzypop, 29 of March of 2011 at 15:45

What perfume are you wearing on your big day? One you always wear or a new one? I only ask as since I read Rock My Wedding, I've been thinking about getting a new fragrance but am a bit stumped. TIA ...

Pheonix, wednesday 30-Mar-11 9
S
'Civil service' definition
SoontobeMrsSSmith, 29 of March of 2011 at 16:09

Can you lovely hitchers let me know if I'm right in my thinking or not? I thought a 'civil service' was ANY marriage carried out by a registar (and techincally any other licenced offical, such as if...

judeclarke, tuesday 29-Mar-11 7
Panjita
Coin
Panjita, 28 of March of 2011 at 16:07

What is the coin you are supposed to put in your shoe on the wedding day? Is it a sixpence?

Panjita, tuesday 29-Mar-11 8
Panjita
Uplighters?
Panjita, 24 of March of 2011 at 15:05

Has anyone used uplighters to transform their function room? We've had a quote today of £152 to have uplighters all around the room to match our colour scheme. I absolutely love the idea but with us...

knitting_vixen, wednesday 20-Apr-11 35
Jay-Low
Table names - nice or naff?
Jay-Low, 28 of March of 2011 at 20:29

We have decided to have names instead of numbers for our tables. Mainly to eradicate the heirachy it seems to create but also to add more of a personal touch. I have let OH decide on the names and he...

FutureMrsRon, tuesday 29-Mar-11 30
moonpie1985
Do you think there is a 'good' age to get married?
moonpie1985, 28 of March of 2011 at 21:20

Reason I ask, is that I would of happily married my OH at 16. Would not have been a problem to me in the slightest. Looking back, I am glad I am doing it now (25 and much wiser and with the money to...

MrsKeating2B, tuesday 29-Mar-11 38
FutureMrsRon
Double weddingtastic Batman!!!
FutureMrsRon, 24 of March of 2011 at 15:49

Am excited today - have been creating our gettingmarried.co.uk website and am pretty pleased with how it's coming together (I know I've got ages yet before anyone else will know about it but if I...

FutureMrsRon, monday 28-Mar-11 5
Cilla
Does anyone know about Atmosferik Photography?
Cilla, 23 of March of 2011 at 21:55

What the title says really...I'm looking for a decent Tog in the northwest at a good price. I like their photos and their prices but are they too good to be true? Thanks Miss T

SoontobeMrsSSmith, monday 28-Mar-11 4
S
Realistically how much can a wedding dress be altered?
shelsmyth, 25 of March of 2011 at 17:17

Hello everyone, Im getting married in November and the motivation to diet has finally kicked in - hooray! - however I ordered my dress in Feb and am now on the Cambridge diet so hoping to shift 2-3...

LeeLee :), monday 28-Mar-11 7

General groups

Hitched article topics