Skip to main content
thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk

United Kingdom · From February 2013

L
95 decibel sound limit
LuxuriousOrangeDiamonds67982, 14 of February of 2019 at 14:00

Hello all! My fiancé and I have found a venue we love, but they have a sound limit of 95 decibels. They do not currently have an actual sound limiter that would cut the music, but they could of course...

thespectrumband@hotm, thursday 21-Feb-19 1
C
Band or no Band
CoastalBride2019, 14 of January of 2019 at 22:24

I've been really torn for a long while about whether or not to have a band at my wedding. I've been researching different bands off and on for many months, mainly looking at live jazz and swing acts,...

Bruce Neville Photog, sunday 17-Feb-19 7
R
What evening entertainment do I need for 50 guests?!
RomanticOrangeDecor31270, 20 of December of 2018 at 13:04

I’m getting married in July and am having a panic about evening entertainment formor 50 or so guests. The wedding party is mainly family with a handful of close friends. The venue is a large country...

Joey@WarbleEntertain, thursday 3-Jan-19 6
R
Function Central
RomanticRedDiamonds38231, 19 of June of 2018 at 14:12

Has anyone used Function Central to book a band? https://www.functioncentral.co.uk I've been in touch with them but feeling very suspicious since I can't find the band I liked anywhere else (website,...

EntertainersWorldwid, thursday 21-Jun-18 1
HappyRedCars2727
DRY HIRE WEDDING VENUES
HappyRedCars2727, 6 of May of 2018 at 12:37

Hi everyone, My partner and I are in the early stages of planning our wedding (so excited!!). We are big foodies and like our alcohol. We ideally want to make our wedding really personal using...

thespectrumband@hotm, tuesday 8-May-18 1
H
Wedding Day schedule/times - midday ceremony
Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 24 of April of 2018 at 13:59

I'm not getting married until September next year, but our photographers have asked us to get a rough schedule to them asap. We're having a midday ceremony, which will be approx. 1 hour, then were...

Wedding Photography, wednesday 25-Apr-18 5
R
Wedding band recommendations - Devon and South West
RomanticPinkCakes21816, 18 of April of 2018 at 10:52

Hi, First time posting here! We are looking for a wedding band for next year for our reception in Devon however I’m finding it very hard to judge based on all these promo videos they have that are...

ExpensivePinkCars562, wednesday 13-Jan-21 7 1
F
Major wedding date doubts ? Any advice?
Fireworkandfairylightwedding, 4 of April of 2018 at 22:58

Just to be clear, I don’t have any doubts about the actual wedding - I’m so exited to be getting married and can’t wait!! I also really love the date we’ve chosen - 03.11.18, which is significant to...

autumneyes231, wednesday 11-Apr-18 5
T
First Dance Help
Tegfan, 10 of March of 2018 at 21:06

Hi, Does everybody choose their first dance based on their song as a couple? My H2B and I's "song" is really quite unusual and not very easy to dance to, and my fiancé isn't very rhythmical so try as...

thespectrumband@hotm, monday 12-Mar-18 2
H
Evening Entertainment
HappyYellowConfetti12164, 5 of February of 2018 at 12:57

Afternoon! Does anybody have any recommendations for evening entertainment? I'd like to have a band and DJ ideally but don't have a clue where to start? Thank you! x

OvertheThresholdBand, tuesday 27-Mar-18 7
E
Recommendations in Cornwall -- big dance floor venues?
ExpensivePinkHair55757, 15 of January of 2018 at 19:27

Hi everyone, My name is Caitlin and my man and I are getting married in May 2019 in Cornwall. We're looking at several venues, but one of the problems we've run into so far is that the wedding...

thespectrumband@hotm, wednesday 17-Jan-18
M
Midlands Venue help please!!
Mariajustengaged, 4 of January of 2018 at 11:49

Hi, Hope everyone is well.. I'm new here! Myself and my partner are looking to get married end of May or early June 2019, absolutely drawn a blank with venues, We live in Derby but open minded to...

HappyYellowConfetti1, monday 5-Feb-18 7
S
PA. system for speeches
SunnyBlueHair913, 1 of January of 2018 at 15:57

Hi guys looking for help. Me and the OH get married in April and are coming towards the final stages of planning. Just wondering if any of you know of a budget pa system for the speeches or a way for...

Peter, wednesday 3-Jan-18 4
C
First dance song
Coopertobe, 26 of November of 2017 at 22:04

So excited it's only 2 months until we get married but we haven't decided on a first dance song! For us the lyrics have to mean something and we don't really have a "our song". we have narrowed it...

thespectrumband@hotm, tuesday 19-Dec-17 8
E
Alternative to a ring bearer?
ExpensiveOrangeStationery860, 26 of November of 2017 at 15:14

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any ideas of alternatives to having a ring bearer? I'm getting married in April to a Chilean, and in his culture they don't do attendants at weddings, so although I'm...

thespectrumband@hotm, thursday 30-Nov-17 2
MrsKHbutterfly
Downloading Wedding music - Tom Odell Help
MrsKHbutterfly, 27 of June of 2014 at 22:53

Hi Lovelies, I've noticed in a few posts that a few of you are having Tom Odell's Grow old with me as part of your music. We are also thinking of having this.... but..... I can't find a clean...

Trent, wednesday 22-Mar-23 57
R
Public liability and bands
RomanticOrangeDecor30143, 17 of November of 2017 at 10:27

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help. We're just about to book a band for our wedding. The contract for the band says that we are responsible for damage caused by our guests. That seems to be...

thespectrumband@hotm, wednesday 22-Nov-17 2 1
_
Wedding Entertainment ideas!
_Tinderella_, 10 of November of 2017 at 11:41

Hey all, I'm looking for some 'different' ideas for entertainment for the big day. Originally I had hoped to get a magician as I love magic but my fiancé isn't too keen on the idea. We would like...

Sokinn65, tuesday 20-Feb-24 10
SunnyBrownHair465
to do or not to do? - the saga of an evening buffet
SunnyBrownHair465, 8 of November of 2017 at 18:41

Hi all, Just wondering about your thoughts on evening buffets. Do we have one or do nothing for the evining guest? We are having a late wedding (4pm) for 50 guest(all family) and intend to invite...

thespectrumband@hotm, monday 13-Nov-17 6
E
Opinions please!
ExpensiveOrangeHair899, 2 of November of 2017 at 13:19

My partner and I are getting married early next year. We have secured our venue, and are finalising our evening entertainment. We want to have Irish dancers at our reception, and have found a group...

thespectrumband@hotm, tuesday 7-Nov-17 5
M
Father of the bride songs
Meg101, 20 of October of 2017 at 22:23

Hi, my dad's disabled but if we did get a chance to dance by the time our wedding comes around I was just wondering what song to choose. Is Van Morrison Brown Eye Girl appropriate? I have my dads eyes...

Joey@WarbleEntertain, monday 23-Oct-17 1
S
Reception Planning - how do you fill up the evening
SunnyGoldCakes798, 20 of August of 2017 at 17:14

We're at the very early stages of wedding planning. We don't want a DJ for the reception and are more interested in having a live band. However from initial research it's usually expected that the...

thespectrumband@hotm, monday 21-Aug-17 2
L
Should your wedding band have to travel?
LilacsandDiamonds, 1 of August of 2017 at 11:08

Hi, we're getting married in Cambridge in July 2018 and are trying to book a band. All of the band's that we like the look of seem to be out of the area, although are willing to travel (for an extra...

Willows2B, thursday 3-Aug-17 2
M
No evening entertainment, small wedding. Panic!
MrsPtoB, 25 of July of 2017 at 12:39

Hey! So we are getting married at a beautiful castle and then have a meal organised for guests. It's a small wedding. 24 people in total including us and our children. We decided not to have evening...

FutureMrsT123, wednesday 26-Jul-17 6
G
Recommendations please - Videographer
GeorgieBea89, 15 of July of 2017 at 17:11

Hey All, im struggling to find a videographer that I like. Budget isn't particularly an issue, I'll pay for the right person (doesn't mean to say I'll pay over the odds though!) But I've yet to...

thespectrumband@hotm, sunday 16-Jul-17 3
G
Photography recommendations - Hedsor House
GeorgieBea89, 8 of May of 2017 at 08:49

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a fantastic photography team who have a good knowledge and experience of Hedsor House in Buckinghamshire. I am specifically looking for a team of 2...

GeorgieBea89, friday 12-May-17 6
MetalBride
Bands
MetalBride, 26 of April of 2017 at 20:10

My fiancée and I planned on having four live bands, how much on average do you think a band would charge for around a 1hour set?

MetalBride, thursday 4-May-17 10
W
Band booked but no contract?
Willows2B, 24 of April of 2017 at 13:50

Hi all, We booked our band and have paid a deposit but they've said they don't have contracts/paperwork. Is that normal? Should I be worried? I've received a receipt (via email) confirming deposit...

Bands For Hire, sunday 30-Apr-17 5
Bacchant
Band nightmare!
Bacchant, 20 of April of 2017 at 16:08

So I was checking my emails at lunch, and saw one from the guy sorting our entertainment (he was sorting the band/DJ), I thought it would be about songs lists etc... but noooo... Apparently the band...

Bacchant, thursday 27-Apr-17 6
R
Any wedding video recommendations - Kent
RomanticPinkFlowers759, 17 of April of 2017 at 21:28

Hi, My partner and I are getting married in Cooling Castle Barn in 2019 are looking for recommendations for videography. We are still not quite sure on our photographer either but are looking at a few...

*Funky*, thursday 20-Apr-17 2
Pookie8911
Cake cutting timing
Pookie8911, 11 of April of 2017 at 21:04

Hi everyone! Just trying to finalise some details and trying to decide when to cut our cake! Our evening reception starts at 7.30, and we are anticipating having finished meal at 6.30ish - venue have...

thespectrumband@hotm, saturday 15-Apr-17 3
F
Printer recommendation
FutureMrsTz, 30 of March of 2017 at 10:54

Hi Hitchers! Can anyone recommend a good company that does printing on card? I'm looking to get a cover for my order of service. I would like A5 size (or whatever size A4 folded comes out as ) as I...

Ho Lee, thursday 13-May-21 6

General groups

Hitched article topics