StarCRM

United Kingdom · From April 2016

• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

11 of November of 2016

2743days 13hours

Discussions

H
What title are you going to use if you're not changing your surname?
HappyGoldCars770, 26 of March of 2017 at 18:12

My partner and I are getting married in May and for a variety of reasons, I'm not intending to change my surname. I'm just wondering what other people who've chosen not to change their name have...

Grab, monday 24-Jan-22 8
L
Sweetie table? Yay or No Way!!
LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550, 23 of March of 2017 at 21:45

Hi everyone. What's your thoughts on a sweetie table? At the beginning of planning I was all for it and bought the jars and bags and made a little sign etc but the closer we get to our wedding the...

Bacchant, saturday 1-Apr-17 12
S
RSVP rant
Slink, 23 of March of 2017 at 20:25

We gave our invitations out at Christmas with a last day of February RSVP date. I chased the following week and everyone i chased replied. Except one person. They got the chase message, i spoke to...

FutureMrsTz, wednesday 29-Mar-17 15
A
What does the groom get the bride?!
arnold2b, 20 of March of 2011 at 11:09

My fiance keeps asking me what i want, i have no idea. I'd like a set of expensive jewellery to wear on the day, but dont know if i would every wear it again so is it worth it? i'd love a digital...

Wedding Photography, sunday 19-Mar-17 30
D
No dessert...
DreamcatcherVN, 10 of March of 2017 at 19:53

Hi everyone We are having a BBQ as our wedding breakfast and decided against dessert as we are having an ice cream van, sweetie cart and wedding cake (3 tiers, all different flavours). I was pretty...

SunnyIvoryFlowers823, tuesday 21-Mar-17 10
L
Should I invite my best friends husband to the wedding?
LuxuriousGoldCars804, 2 of March of 2017 at 19:29

Hello, pretty much what the question above asks Heres some background- I was bridesmaid along with my other good friends to my best friend's wedding last year, I organised the hen party, I paid for my...

StarCRM, saturday 18-Mar-17 10
L
Strangers on the evening guest list
lucyjo, 10 of March of 2017 at 15:51

I've just done a final headcount of guests for our evening party and am now having a bit of a freak-out about how literally half of the whole list will be complete and utter strangers to me! They're...

StarCRM, saturday 18-Mar-17 5
L
How much help have you had?
lucyjo, 11 of January of 2017 at 12:11

I have four months to go, and apart from my amazing bridesmaid we don't have anyone standing by to help on the day or in the run-up. It just seems like everyone has more important things going on in...

OneHartOrTwo, sunday 19-Feb-17 22
S
Best Man's Girlfriend
Shadowcat, 18 of January of 2017 at 02:48

Hello lovely ladies/gents. I was wondering if I could ask for some opinions or advice? Right, for my hen do and night before the big day I invited my brother in-law to be's then girlfriend to both...

HappyBlueCars582, thursday 26-Jan-17 6
BellaxXx
what song are you ladies having when you are walking out of the church
BellaxXx, 10 of January of 2017 at 14:55

Me and my h2b can't decide on a song so thought i would see if you ladies had any ideas..

Jayne E, friday 27-Jan-17 21
S
Food after the ceremony
Slink, 19 of January of 2017 at 05:16

We get married at 12pm and our guests will be seated for the wedding breakfast at 2pm. I can't decide if we need to provide food in this gap for guests. I keep thinking that if I was a guest I'd be...

StarCRM, saturday 21-Jan-17 6
L
Artificial Flowers?
LuxuriousGoldDecor405, 20 of January of 2017 at 09:31

Hello Does anyone have any experience in using artificial flowers for the wedding or just buying buncheds from a wholesaler and making them yourself? I am looking at options for our flowers and saw a...

Bharat, wednesday 10-Nov-21 5
L
Gift requests
LuxuriousOrangeStationery624, 18 of January of 2017 at 13:50

I'm sure this has been discussed countless times, but I have had an ongoing battle with my folks (since before I even met H2B) about gift requests in wedding invitations. I see their point that people...

RomanticBrownCakes68, saturday 21-Jan-17 15
S
How long before the wedding do you need to order your dress?
Strawberry123, 17 of January of 2017 at 22:36

Hi all. I got engaged at the end of December and we have set a date of 29th August. How long should I leave to order a dress? I've just seen somewhere that dresses can take 6 months to arrive and my...

Bacchant, tuesday 31-Jan-17 7
L
Thank you gifts?
Lilacbouquet, 16 of October of 2016 at 23:26

I am trying to finalise my budget and was wondering do we need to buy thank you gifts for people such as bridesmaids, groomsmen etc? Are you going to and what sort of thing do you get? Thanks in...

jamborina, wednesday 9-Nov-16 13
MrsR2B18
Wedding ring for shaped engagement ring
MrsR2B18, 17 of October of 2016 at 13:09

Hi Everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what type of wedding ring to go with my shaped engagement ring? I have spoken to some jewellers and they have said to get a ring made to the...

MrsR2B18, monday 24-Oct-16 9
L
Different format wedding day
LuxuriousPinkCakes651, 10 of October of 2016 at 12:30

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards and just starting to plan a 2018 wedding. I was hoping to have a small Ceremony with just close family, maybe 20 people with a pub type meal after and then onto a...

hopey_, monday 24-Oct-16 12
L
Timing of wedding invitations
lucyjo, 11 of October of 2016 at 16:27

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a post about it right now...so sorry if this has recently come up! How many weeks before the wedding are you planning on sending/did you...

StarCRM, thursday 13-Oct-16 6
L
At what point did it get stressful?
LuxuriousOrangeStationery624, 12 of October of 2016 at 16:25

Out of interest, at what point in planning your wedding have you found that it gets stressful? I have really enjoyed each stage so far, but I do find that the parents and inlaws are all very set on...

MadamRed, friday 28-Oct-16 14
W
Photography help!
Willows2B, 12 of October of 2016 at 15:19

Hi all, I'm getting myself in a bit of a state trying to decide on our photographer! There's so much choice and different packages and I think because we also want a videographer I'm finding that I'm...

Wedding Photography, friday 14-Oct-16 9
S
Bands/DJ's
SunnyBrownCakes651, 5 of October of 2016 at 14:29

Hi, where did you find your music for your party. Did you google or were you recommended. Anyone found a band/DJ on a tighter budget. Thanks

StarCRM, saturday 8-Oct-16 3
W
How many venues did you see?
Willows2B, 30 of September of 2016 at 13:42

Hi all! This is my first post here, got engaged on September 17th and going straight into planning as I really want to get married in October/November next year. On Sunday we are going to see a venue...

MrsF2B!, friday 7-Oct-16 16
TrixieSaurus
Still no photos... how long did yours take?
TrixieSaurus, 30 of September of 2016 at 13:23

Hi All, We've been super patient with our photographer, but other than the preview collage I posted (which took 3 weeks!) we haven't seen any photos yet. Wedding was 6 weeks ago now, and I'm beginning...

Mrs_Conduct, thursday 10-Nov-16 48
A
7 weeks to the wedding and so unhappy with myself...pp
Annaangeluk2016, 24 of September of 2016 at 19:06

7 weeks tomorrow I will be getting married and I'm just so unhappy with myself. I've battled with my weight all my life so I've never been thin and in fact after losing 2 stone since getting engaged...

FutureMrsTz, monday 26-Sep-16 6
F
What to do about work colleagues
FutureMrsTz, 22 of September of 2016 at 08:23

Hello you lovely lot! So I have a bit of a dilemma about what to do when it comes to inviting people from work. The people I would invite are on the maybe list at the moment because I'm very backwards...

ExpensiveGreenStatio, monday 24-Oct-16 10
S
Help! STD Plus 1 Etiquette
SunnyGoldConfetti653, 21 of September of 2016 at 11:35

I hope this is the right place to post! Sorry if it’s been asked before, I couldn’t find anything and would really appreciate some help. Getting married in July next year and sending out Save the...

StarCRM, thursday 22-Sep-16 4
J
Double Barrell Surname
jo-jo1983, 18 of August of 2013 at 11:33

Hi everyone hope all planning going well. Have tried to find a search to see if this topic has come up before but not results came back. Looking for some help/info from anyone who has done this or is...

StarCRM, thursday 22-Sep-16 8
disneyfanatic95
beauty and the beast wedding planning-opinions please
disneyfanatic95, 15 of September of 2016 at 13:27

Hey, so I'm doing a Beauty and the beast themed/inspired wedding whichever you want to call it. I'm saying themed, my fiancé will saying taken elements haha! i would love to hear your opinions, some...

disneyfanatic95, thursday 22-Sep-16 15
L
PP - "She's left it a bit late to get married!"
lucyjo, 21 of September of 2016 at 13:10

Today my dad told my 89-year-old uncle that I'm getting married (I sent him a StD months ago, but it must have got lost, or he just forgot!). His reaction: "She's left it a bit late!" I'm 31!! In a...

Lapland2015, friday 14-Oct-16 13
P
Bridesmaid outfits- need opinions
PengAly, 19 of September of 2016 at 10:57

Hi there! I've had an idea for my bridesmaids and thought i'd run in through the forum for opinions. I'm Indian and my H2B is English. We have decided to to neither of us being religious we would just...

StarCRM, monday 19-Sep-16 7
Twigz22
Budget Wedding Dress Shops in Glasgow for Plus Size
Twigz22, 12 of September of 2016 at 12:49

Im arranging my dress searching over the next few weeks. my budget is 500 to buy a dress (not inc alterations if needed) but if I can find the right dress, I might be able to put some more towards...

ShellyN, saturday 17-Sep-16 2
L
What do to about unexpected guests
lucyjo, 5 of September of 2016 at 14:33

We've had some old friends of OH's basically invite themselves to the wedding! He's known them for ages, but he last saw them about two years ago and has barely spoken to them in the meantime. They've...

StarCRM, saturday 17-Sep-16 10

General groups

Hitched article topics