• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

24 of May of 2018

2170days 19hours

Discussions

J
Gift Help
JessNav, 3 of September of 2018 at 09:53

Hi all, My friend is getting married in Cyprus, I am attending that wedding and can't wait! Just wondering if anybody knows of any traditional Cypriot gifts that I could give the newly weds. It...

JessNav, monday 3-Sep-18 190
L
Dress regret - help!
Latesummerbride18, 11 of May of 2018 at 09:00

Hello! I need some help and ideas from all you creative types with vision! I purchased the Maggie Sottero dress Greer, but I am now having major concerns that I've made a big mistake. I'm not sure if...

bloodninja, saturday 19-May-18 4
L
Less than 7 weeks, major panic about everything!
Lilacbouquet, 12 of May of 2018 at 16:45

How do I fit everything in with the time I have left? All of the big things are done, but all suppliers need finalising with guest numbers, the wine etc needs choosing with the barman, BM shoes to...

HappyGoldCakes14475, tuesday 15-May-18 2
S
Feelings before marriage
SunnyBlueCars88915, 10 of May of 2018 at 18:22

Hello future brides! Today I am coming to ask you about your feelings before this special day.. Wedding and marriage is a big step for both women and men and of course for their relationship. How do...

JessNav, friday 11-May-18 2
J
Honeymoon destination, June
JessNav, 1 of May of 2018 at 13:52

Hi all, I'm getting married in 3 weeks but haven't booked our honeymoon. We couldn't afford one but are going away in October for a friends wedding so was happy with at least 1 holiday. We've now...

SunnyGreenConfetti94, monday 7-May-18 337
R
First Time Dress Shopping
RomanticPurpleStationery25683, 4 of April of 2018 at 12:05

So excited to be going dress shopping this weekend! Any top tips of what to do / wear? What sort of things should I expect? I am just taking my chief bridesmaid this time as I want to get any idea of...

JessNav, monday 9-Apr-18 2
E
Over 7 months since our wedding still no video and messages being ignored
ExpensiveOrangeStationery521, 31 of March of 2018 at 01:03

We paid in full upfront for our wedding videography. Got married in Essex in August 2017 and now just over 7 months on we still don't have our wedding video. There is no timeframe specified on the...

2021bridetobe, wednesday 25-Apr-18 1
P
Help with nicely telling someone they can no longer come to the wedding
PrettyPinkFlowers0706, 1 of April of 2018 at 19:22

Hey Everyone, So im in a really sticky situation, I have this cousin who is known to kick off and start arguments/fights and doesn't care where he is or what the occasion is. He has previously caused...

JessNav, thursday 5-Apr-18 4
MrsStanleyToBe
Favours?!?!?!?
MrsStanleyToBe, 20 of March of 2018 at 10:30

Hello lovelies I'm starting to get really excited now, finally my time is almost here ... well 10 months away, but much closer than I was 3 years ago ? I think I'm almost there with everything, the...

RomanticYellowConfet, saturday 24-Mar-18 10
J
Keeping toddlers entertained
JessNav, 15 of March of 2018 at 13:47

Hi all, I'm getting married in May and have a few children coming, the oldest I have activities for but the 3 youngest I'm struggling. They'll be between the ages of 16 months and 2 years. Are they...

LuxuriousOrangeCars2, saturday 17-Mar-18 3 933
H
Baby At My Wedding
HappyGreenFlowers8704, 2 of March of 2018 at 14:16

We are getting married in May 2019. The day will be intimate, approx 40 guests. Immediate family & very close friends invited. I have recently discovered that my brother & his partner are...

Have_you_met_Mrs_Jon, friday 16-Mar-18 15
E
Is Charging a Wedding No Show Fee a Good Idea?
ExpensiveBrownHair44113, 3 of March of 2018 at 19:26

My friend had a wedding in which only about 75 percent of the people showed up. Do you think requiring that guests pay some sort of no-show fee up front is a good idea? That way, the cost of the...

ExpensiveIvoryBrides, thursday 15-Mar-18 11
B
Where to by headpiece/ accessory and how much should I spend?
B2BSep2018, 9 of March of 2018 at 10:55

I need your help please?? I've been looking for something to go in my hair but am really struggling to find anything I like that isn't hundreds of pounds. Has anyone found a good website/ designer...

B2BSep2018, tuesday 27-Mar-18 6
LuxuriousIvoryCars856
Themes - do I need one?
LuxuriousIvoryCars856, 2 of March of 2018 at 17:18

Hi ? we are at the start of our wedding plans. We have a date, a venue and a colour scheme of grey and yellow. I've seen that some people have 'themes' my fiancé and I don't have that much in common...

LuxuriousIvoryCars85, monday 9-Apr-18 9
B
Disinviting Guests from the ceremony?
Blondie_bride, 20 of January of 2018 at 21:06

Hi all, I need your advice on a bit of a touchy issue. Bit of a long story but I thought I had best give some background... I have known a particular guest since I was about 14 years old. We hung...

Ziggysawdust, tuesday 20-Feb-18 8
H
Should I pay for my Bridesmaids hotel rooms?
HappyPinkDecor620, 23 of January of 2018 at 12:23

I have fallen out with my sister over this! Our venue requires us to take for the night 8 rooms (one is complimentary for bride and groom) so we basically have to pay for 7. We have allocated so far a...

Paula @ Ollievision, friday 9-Feb-18 8
J
Spray tan or sunbed
JessNav, 9 of January of 2018 at 16:39

Hi all, Getting hitched end of May and like everyone I want to look my best and have that "just stepped off a plane" glow. With it being May I doubt the Great British weather will allow me to get a...

Paula @ Ollievision, sunday 14-Jan-18 1 977
H
Engagement stories
HappyGoldStationery958, 27 of October of 2017 at 10:50

Whats your engagement story? And how long did you have to wait for the question to be popped! I waited 6 and a half years, felt like forever seeing my friends all get married in much less time ha! I...

MusicalTheatrepippa2, tuesday 6-Mar-18 19
C
First dance song
Coopertobe, 26 of November of 2017 at 22:04

So excited it's only 2 months until we get married but we haven't decided on a first dance song! For us the lyrics have to mean something and we don't really have a "our song". we have narrowed it...

thespectrumband@hotm, tuesday 19-Dec-17 8
J
Gifts
JessNav, 30 of October of 2017 at 14:04

Hi All, I'm sure I'm not the first to ask about gifts but need a bit of help. My future hubby and I bought a house back in May that was a renovation project, both of our parents have been so helpful,...

Mrs_Conduct, tuesday 31-Oct-17 412
H
Yoga Retreat Hen Party in Ibiza!
HappyOrangeFlowers954, 26 of October of 2017 at 14:13

Hi, I'm new to the site. Has anyone organised a yoga retreat hen party in Ibiza? There's so many companies out there, so would be great to get any reviews! Thank you so much in advance! Helen xx ...

JessNav, monday 30-Oct-17
jimjams
Late afternoon wedding, no wedding breakfast.. Thoughts??
jimjams, 20 of June of 2012 at 20:20

Hi all, I am completely new to Hitched, but from looking at the others forum posts, I am hoping you're the ladies to help!! My partner and I really want to tie the knot with the church/dress/family...

Kenna, tuesday 18-May-21 44
L
Hen do ideas
Lilacbouquet, 5 of September of 2017 at 16:20

I am a little stuck for hen do ideas. We are in Lincolnshire. Could I have some inspiration as to what you lovely ladies are doing for yours?? Are you planning it or are your bridesmaids?? Thanks in...

OasisBEE, tuesday 2-May-23 10
B
Wedding Shoes
Blondie_bride, 6 of September of 2017 at 21:40

Hi all, I am struggling choosing some wedding shoes and need a bit of inspiration, I thought it would be nice if everyone could share theirs too! So lets see those lovely shoes! xx

Littlemy, thursday 15-Jul-21 20
M
Preparing for all weathers! What to wear over dress?
MrsPtoB, 4 of September of 2017 at 10:15

So it's less than 2 weeks until our big day! Eek. It's such a rubbish day today that it has given me that extra boot up the bum to decide on if I should get something to wear over my dress incase the...

JessNav, tuesday 5-Sep-17 5
L
I can't find bridesmaid dresses
LuxuriousOrangeCakes620, 20 of August of 2017 at 21:03

Hi So I am due to get married in Feb 2018. I have spent months trying to find 2 adult bridesmaid dresses but I really am struggling to find anything we like. im looking for nude colour don't mind a...

Lilacbouquet, wednesday 30-Aug-17 4
K
Dress Shopping!!!!
Ker2018, 26 of August of 2017 at 21:57

Hey All!!! Ok so today I went dress shopping for the first time! I think I have found the dress as there was one I got all tearful about however I have not purchased this as yet. There was one dress...

JessNav, tuesday 29-Aug-17
J
Transport for the boys
JessNav, 29 of August of 2017 at 15:50

Hi All, Myself and us girls are getting ready at the hotel I've chosen to get married at and my hubby to be is travelling up in the morning with his best men. If I was staying at home then I'd of...

Wedding Photography, tuesday 29-Aug-17 96

General groups

Hitched article topics