Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,472
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Cynthia, friday 9-Oct-26 68 1,081 11
H
Wedding Day schedule/times - midday ceremony
Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 24 April, 2018 at 13:59

I'm not getting married until September next year, but our photographers have asked us to get a rough schedule to them asap. We're having a midday ceremony, which will be approx. 1 hour, then were...

Lisam, 45 minutes ago 7 1,601
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Colin, 2 hours ago 73 808 4
Francesca
App/ website design that can customise invites?
Francesca, 5 March, 2024 at 08:59

Hi everyone! Hope planning is going well (wish I’d discovered this forum sooner!) We are getting married May next year & starting to think about invitation designs etc. I am thinking quite a...

Mohsin, 2 hours ago 91 844
C
ER white gold and scratched
clevercroc, 4 May, 2015 at 21:31

Hi all, last week my boyfriend proposed to me me with the ring we chose together. It's a blue topaz with diamonds in a 9ct white gold band. I've only worn it a week and today I noticed the underside...

Mohsin, 3 hours ago 32 2,930
C
Online Guest Photo Uploads
Carly, 19 June, 2024 at 18:55

I want to use a designated online guest photo upload platform so that all of my guests can add photos to the same place, has anybody used something like this and who did you use? I’m planning to put a...

Mr Harry, 4 hours ago 15 254
M
Wedding business advice...
Moonbeam88, 10 September, 2014 at 13:30

Hi ladies I am currently planning my august 2016 wedding and absolutely love the whole creative side of planning colours, decor, themes and designs! So much so that I have had the wild thought of...

Gorilla, 5 hours ago 45 5,566
whitewine33
Not allowed candles at the venue :(
whitewine33, 18 January, 2014 at 22:03

We have booked a village hall and on a recent visit when we were discussing what we will be having on the tables ect she mentioned we couldnt have any candles because of the fire risk! I think candle...

Fast, 5 hours ago 26 6,667
Z
Please HELP!! How do you have 3 people giving you away?????
zo-bud, 29 March, 2012 at 10:48

This is something that is causing me alot of stress and upset at the moment! Basically my initial senario was - I have a Dad, a step Dad and my grandad, and I made the initial decision of asking my...

Sabir, 7 hours ago 24 5,432
Faye
The real figure
Faye, 12 July, 2026 at 17:13

Can someone please tell me why venues do this? They say for example of venue tyre is 11,000 and then they don’t disclose what else you have to add to that mandatory and it’s very frustrating when you...

Joe, yesterday at 22:05 22 250
M
Newbie needing help with wedding venue
MrsPennyfathertoB, 9 August, 2016 at 22:29

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and this is my first post on the forum. So I guess the first thing I need to do is find somewhere to get married, but that seems easier said than done. I have a list of...

Seiko, yesterday at 20:55 17 2,447
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

George, yesterday at 20:47 26 195 1
C
Venue with no ceremony license !
crao, 20 January, 2017 at 11:23

Hi Everybody, Thank you for taking a look at my message. I have chosen a venue which I love but does not hold a civil ceremony license. Does any body know any information or have any advice on...

James, yesterday at 20:35 6 768
S
Witnesses attire?
Shay, 7 July, 2023 at 19:49

Hi everyone!! Anyone who had witnesses that actually weren’t in the bridal or groomsmen party how did you include them? Or is that them already included anyway? I had an idea of having the girls in...

Divya, yesterday at 20:16 86 732
S
Crete Wedding Renewal/blessing
SunnyYellowHair243, 8 August, 2024 at 16:34

Hello you lovely lot I’m wondering if you could help please!? We are looking to have a blessing/renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and Crete has really taken our eye. We’re planning to elope...

James, yesterday at 19:51 18 74
Dani
Where did you find the Hitched app? 📱
Dani, 29 February, 2024 at 12:20

Hey couples! 🔥 We have a couple of burning questions 🔥 How did you come across the Hitched app? If you found us in the app store what did you search? 📱 It doesn't matter if you're team Android or team...

Social Media

66%

21 votes

The App Store

19%

6 votes

Recommendation

0%

0 votes

Other (Let us know below)

15%

5 votes

Why did you choose ""?

Last vote yesterday at 18:39 41 176 1
blossom1985
Sending out invitations and RSVP Deadline
blossom1985, 22 August, 2011 at 23:00

I am trying to get organised and give myself some time frames. My wedding is 29th January 2012 which is a Sunday so I want to send out my invitations to give people plenty of time to make arrangements...

Jeniffer, yesterday at 17:45 24 11,131
Penny P
Your wedding songs...
Penny P, 16 September, 2013 at 14:14

What are your songs for walking down the aisle, exiting and your first dance? We have a list but can't make a decision! Inspire me please ?

Carry, yesterday at 16:56 27 4,241
J
Advice on garden/backyard reception, please!
joobs85, 31 July, 2014 at 17:28

Hi all, new member here. Me and my boyfriend are in the very early stages of planning a low key, low budget wedding for next year (May or September). Neither of us are particularly fancy people and my...

Daniel, yesterday at 13:56 26 3,530 1
Lucy
Save the date cards
Lucy, 18 June, 2025 at 08:20

Hi everyone! What is the cheapest way to get saved the date cards printed? Unsure how to go about printing my own.. Thank you!

Fatima, yesterday at 13:01 33 279
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, yesterday at 11:56 80 2,627
S
Wedding Gift/Money
S and S Wedding , 9 December, 2015 at 18:28

Hi All I am looking for any thoughts or ideas on gift list. We are hoping to have an extension in the next 18 months so could write a list of things for our new bedroom. Downside to this is we will...

Sophia, yesterday at 11:24 20 1,679
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, yesterday at 10:47 98 1,077
B
The blazing donkey, sandwich, Kent
Becca, 19 August, 2025 at 17:11

Please check reviews on Google, bride sites, and search Richard Martin court cases before you book here Richard promised us the world and took half of the money upfront making us pay the rest monthly,...

Georgiaphillips34, yesterday at 10:40 4 169
M
Unresponsive Stationary Vendor
Marie-Claire, 15 January, 2025 at 10:40

Hi, I put a deposit down for someone to design our wedding invitations in April 2024. I saw they also started selling temporary tattoos in November so emailed them mid-November to ask about...

Delta, yesterday at 09:39 17 131
Happybluebridesmaid4886
Twilight weddings
Happybluebridesmaid4886, 5 November, 2024 at 13:44

Hi, can anyone reccomend anywhere for a twilight wedding please? Struggling to find many places that do them. Thanks so much in advance

Yh Y, yesterday at 09:38 28 440 1
smilesjp
Best Foundation?
smilesjp, 9 July, 2014 at 17:02

I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...

Ahmad, yesterday at 09:37 66 2,977
R
My wedding day story (drama!!)
RachD90, 18 September, 2016 at 18:00

I don't even really know why am writing this maybe just to get it off my chest to unbiased people. I look back and laugh now, though I do still grimace slightly. I think there is a lesson to be learnt...

Naoh, yesterday at 09:22 9 3,694 1
B
Dreading wedding dress shopping -update- with flash, please help me pick dress!
, 20 April, 2011 at 22:56

I'm off wedding dress shopping for the first time with my Mum in a week and I am dreading it... I'm a size 12-14, fairly curvy and could do with shifting a few pounds, and I'm scared stiff I won't...

Vi Li, yesterday at 09:04 28 4,909
_
Wedding Entertainment ideas!
_Tinderella_, 10 November, 2017 at 11:41

Hey all, I'm looking for some 'different' ideas for entertainment for the big day. Originally I had hoped to get a magician as I love magic but my fiancé isn't too keen on the idea. We would like...

Magis, yesterday at 08:47 13 2,558
Cherrystar3
Cricket Themed Wedding
Cherrystar3, 30 November, 2016 at 16:04

Hi Ladies (and Gents), I hope you are all well. I am new here so please bear with my while I get acquainted with you all. I got engaged in March 2016 and have booked our wedding venue for 27th April...

Cricket, yesterday at 08:20 42 4,287
L
Live music or dj ?
Lucy, 6 March, 2026 at 10:06

Pros and cons/experiences. We just can not decided what to do. Xx

Y999, yesterday at 08:10 48 771 4

General groups

Hitched article topics