Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,392
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, 49 minutes ago 66 1,064 11
S
Insurance for Pre Existing
Sav, 25 March, 2024 at 23:01

Hi, Does anyone have experience or recommendation for insurance company that deals with people and long term pre existing condition please, there doesn't seem to be many around that will cover this...

Anissa, 8 minutes ago 4 146
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Bronted, 21 minutes ago 23 179 1
N
Sophie's Wedding Dress - Mamma Mia the Movie
Nephelae, 28 October, 2008 at 14:06

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dresses like the one Sophie wears in the film? I'm pretty sure I don't want a traditional wedding dress and as soon as I saw the dress in the film...

SEBT-, 2 hours ago 36 45,832
M
Unofficial Officiant
melgoddard, 20 June, 2014 at 21:39

Hi, We're getting married in London and our venue is not authorised to host wedding ceremonies, so we've decided to have the official ceremony before the "wedding". We would still like someone to...

Delta, 3 hours ago 17 9,997
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Legal, 4 hours ago 68 749 3
A
Wedding at home
Alexandra, 14 April, 2024 at 12:36

Hello, We are getting married in October. A small reg office ceremony followed by the reception etc in a marquee in our garden. As we’re planning it all ourselves, I’m a little nervous that I’m going...

Asjnb, 4 hours ago 11 426 1
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, 7 hours ago 79 2,615
Mrs*W*2B
What colour veil and bridesmaids with coffee/ champagne dress?
Mrs*W*2B, 11 October, 2012 at 22:51

My dress is a full lace light coffee/ champagne colour....2 questions: 1. What colour veil do I go for? I want cathedral length so not sure if I have to get a champagne veil or if I could go for...

Tokyo, 7 hours ago 11 7,108
Lucy
Where to start?
Lucy, 30 April, 2025 at 19:41

Hello! I’m recently engaged and my Fiancé and I are planning to get married in Italy in 2027. Thinking around June time but I have no clue whatsoever where to start! Any advice would be appreciated on...

Lena, 7 hours ago 19 213 1
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, 8 hours ago 96 1,065
M
Flat shoes?
MrsPtoB, 25 June, 2017 at 11:53

Is anyone wearing flat shoes? I need some suggestions. People keep telling me that I must wear heels but I rarely wear heels and our wedding ceremony is at a castle with around 300 steps to go up and...

Tokyo, 8 hours ago 14 1,601 1
Toni
Any harpists available?
Toni, 6 May, 2026 at 20:21

Looking to bark a harpist for our wedding on 1 August 2026 in Southend. Please get in touch or send over recommendations! Any help appreciated!

Malik, 9 hours ago 14 110
E
Wedding invites - can I state no hats please?
ExpensiveBlueConfetti423, 29 October, 2015 at 16:48

Hello, i'm having an April wedding, which unless we are lucky with the weather I envisage will be mostly indoors. We are also not wanting our wedding to be too formal, neither of our mum are wearing a...

Tokyo, 9 hours ago 13 4,601
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

William, 10 hours ago 147 2,097 2
B
Favours on the top table
Blinkered, 16 November, 2011 at 22:18

I know this might be a really stupid question, but do you put favours on the top table?!

John, 10 hours ago 8 7,552
Jessica
Elegant centre piece
Jessica, 1 May, 2025 at 09:01

Hi, I am looking for ideas for an elegant centre piece, we are having a small vow renweal so want something I can use for the ceremony and the breakfast. Xx

Melanie, 10 hours ago 13 114
P
Planning Timeline
Poppy, 19 June, 2025 at 19:45

Hi everyone! I have recently got engaged and we have decided on 2028 as the year to get married. The wedding planning space is quite overwhelming but I’m so excited to get going with it. If you...

William, 10 hours ago 50 876 3
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

Waqar, 11 hours ago 322 3,279 8
J
Bridesmaids
Jrl, 13 January, 2024 at 18:16

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice. One of my bridesmaids never replys to any messages, the girls asked her if she wanted to help arrange my hen do about 3 months ago and they never got a reply,...

Robert, 12 hours ago 4 148
J
Venue Suggestions - City of London
Josephine, 6 September, 2025 at 14:36

We would like to get married on 22/08/26 and are looking for a ceremony space only for up to 70 people. I'm struggling to find venue's in the City of London that will accommodate the ceremony only....

Maryam, 13 hours ago 80 912
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Alax, 14 hours ago 41 572 4
Cache13
A marquee reception? Advice!
Cache13, 15 March, 2014 at 23:32

Today we were offered the use of my future in-laws paddock for a marquee reception. I was fed up of seeing beautiful outside spaces with rubbish insides, expensive in house caterers, and non exclusive...

James, 15 hours ago 8 1,607
B
Games to play at a Hen Party Weekend??
BrogstarBride, 22 February, 2013 at 12:55

We are going to a Spa for the weekend and I want to play some fun games in the evening and ideas? x

Mateo, 16 hours ago 240 9,296
M
Wedding Cars!
MrsMarshall2B260517, 5 July, 2016 at 15:33

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with wedding cars! I've always said that I'd like a vintage fiat 500 on my wedding day, but now I've ordered my dress I've realised there is no way I would fit in...

Tokyo, 21 hours ago 30 1,989
kizzi10000
Anyone played wedding 'raffle'? Ideas needed
kizzi10000, 25 February, 2016 at 14:40

Thanks to yet another change of plan, as the pub we'd picked to eat and dance in after the ceremony has decided they're not sure they can offer what we want due to noise and space constraints, we've...

Olivia, yesterday at 21:55 17 3,444
S
Divorce decree absolute
Sarah, 26 February, 2024 at 16:16

My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come...

Emily, yesterday at 17:06 18 323
H
Alternatives to chair sashes!
HappyYellowDiamonds675, 27 July, 2017 at 21:15

Hi!! I'm in need of help please! I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate my chair at the reception. I havent got a large budget either. My reception is a small traditional pub with all the beams...

Aniwave, yesterday at 16:28 14 1,518
Samantha
Colour Scheme Help!
Samantha, 14 April, 2024 at 12:06

Hi! We're planning our wedding for September 2025 and I'm really struggling with picking a colour scheme! I originally liked the sage green and white look but it feels a little overdone to me. Any...

sahilverma3, yesterday at 15:33 3 376
RomanticBrownDiamonds829
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 May, 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

Larry, yesterday at 14:35 17 6,468
Rae
uk elopement/ just the two of us!
Rae, 11 January, 2026 at 12:58

Hi! We got engaged last year and have decided that we want to elope - just the two of us. We don’t want to take our own witnesses and would quite like to go somewhere nice for a day or two in the UK,...

Bernatskyi, yesterday at 13:53 1 24
S
Friend issues and dress shopping
Sarah, 15 October, 2023 at 18:02

Hi all, So we are planning on eloping abroad and taking two friends with us, but now I am having second thoughts on my best friend who I've known for about 15 years. When I announced getting engaged...

Damion, yesterday at 13:29 12 284

General groups

Hitched article topics