Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,338
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, yesterday at 20:32 64 1,039 11
E
How important is a dance floor?
Evon, 29 August, 2023 at 23:58

We are recently engaged and have 2 venues that we are looking to select as our wedding reception venue. We are planning to have a small, intimate wedding, with around 30 guests. Both the venues are...

Hazel, yesterday at 22:27 3 148 1
Nenas
Lottery ticket favours
Nenas, 12 October, 2011 at 20:13

We're planning to get lottery tickets for everyone's favours. We had these at one of our friend's weddings last year and liked the idea. we didn't win anything but it was fun none the less! Anyway,...

RepelisPlus, yesterday at 20:50 56 13,864
L
Live music or dj ?
Lucy, 6 March, 2026 at 10:06

Pros and cons/experiences. We just can not decided what to do. Xx

Betpk, yesterday at 19:05 46 758 4
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

David, yesterday at 17:14 11 93
R
Registry
Rosemary, 19 November, 2025 at 19:30

Which registrars are easiest for guests?

Johan, yesterday at 17:03 35 108
E
Face in hole photo board
Edgeworth1987, 23 January, 2013 at 20:32

Hi there I've seen those boards with a funny picture on and a hole where you put your face for a picture and would love to have one for my wedding reception for everyone to have photos taken. The...

Saira, yesterday at 16:56 36 18,669
J
Advice on garden/backyard reception, please!
joobs85, 31 July, 2014 at 17:28

Hi all, new member here. Me and my boyfriend are in the very early stages of planning a low key, low budget wedding for next year (May or September). Neither of us are particularly fancy people and my...

Crystal, yesterday at 16:35 24 3,519 1
L
Private Dining
Louisa, 10 July, 2026 at 16:30

We are looking for a private dining space following a legal ceremony at Marleybone Town Hall, London. It will be for 32 guests, including bride and groom. Ideally close by to the town hall. not...

Molly, yesterday at 16:27 53 312 1
Red Baroness
Guest Books - How Many Pages?
Red Baroness, 29 May, 2012 at 14:10

I'm going to put together a photobook, with blank pages, of images from our pre wedding shoot for our guest book. I know some of you have done similar things. How many blank pages for writing on do...

David, yesterday at 16:23 15 890
K
Ceremony Seating Plan
Kr@zyburd23, 10 June, 2015 at 17:31

We have a really small venue for our ceremony, there are 20 seats (2 rows of 6 and 4). We need to have a seating plan really to make sure that those involved in the ceremony are at the front to that...

Роман, yesterday at 16:19 24 2,579
Charlotte
Panic setting in
Charlotte, 10 April, 2024 at 21:42

Hey guys! I'm an Aug 2025 bride and other than the venue, I've not booked anything else. I'm feeling a bit stressed- can anyone tell me the things I need to get sorted now? Also any bridal shops in...

Роман, yesterday at 16:19 7 100
S
I've had enough :-(
Sarah5790, 21 February, 2014 at 14:22

This is more of a rant but if anyone could offer advise it would be appreciated I am feeling so down right now I'm beginning to wish we'd never planned this wedding I love him more than anything and...

Роман, yesterday at 16:19 15 2,060
S
BIRMINGHAM JEWELLERY QUARTER
sr3693, 25 February, 2011 at 13:35

Hey All, Just wandered if anyone can recommend shops at the quarter; we are going tomorrow to hopefully find some wedding rings Thank you muchly

Роман, yesterday at 16:19 29 8,713
J
Wedding venue
Jamie, 20 February, 2024 at 13:29

Hi all, We’re looking for a wedding venue with accommodation. A nice house with a marquee? Bridal group stay the night before, wedding guests can stay the night and we stay the last night. We want to...

Роман, yesterday at 16:19 10 179
loopy_lisa 91
Dancefloor Props?
loopy_lisa 91, 12 March, 2015 at 09:23

Hi everyone, We can't afford a photobooth but I love the silliness of wigs and hats and giant glasses and the laughs that they give people. Would you find it weird as a guest if there was a box of...

Роман, yesterday at 16:18 23 7,199
Arpee
Soft drinks
Arpee, 10 August, 2016 at 22:42

Wedding this weekend, we have gallons of wine, prosecco and beer, but no soft drinks yet. Don't want to buy loads of different things, but what would you suggest? Juice? Coke? Something else?

Роман, yesterday at 16:18 16 1,611
S
Wedding reception
Shellby, 22 September, 2025 at 21:58

Hello everyone, I’m looking for a wedding reception as I have a church booked, I also have my own caterer so really just looking for somewhere to hold my reception in London. Would have to be able to...

Роман, yesterday at 16:18 2 59
princesssaraht
Christmas Carols
princesssaraht, 17 March, 2012 at 13:51

So, our wedding is in December, and rather than hymns, we are going to have Christmas carols - most people know them so noone has any excuse not to sing! However, I cant decide which carols to have! I...

Роман, yesterday at 16:18 24 10,831
B
Wedding Hymns
blushing_bride, 16 January, 2012 at 18:59

Hi Everyone, I'm starting to feel the pressure of organising a wedding and thought I should get advice (and hopefully give advice too!) from others in the same situation. I got engaged in August and...

Роман, yesterday at 16:18 31 11,261
A
Cancelling photographer...
Amy, 1 September, 2023 at 11:10

Hello, Looking for some advice, I'm thinking of cancelling our photographer, I just realised there style isn't actually what I like, nothing personal but if we are paying £3000 for a service I just...

Роман, yesterday at 16:17 17 1,184 1
JayneyB
Groom's Attire
JayneyB, 13 July, 2011 at 10:11

Hi Everyone! I just thought I would get an idea on what people think... We are getting married at the very modern looking Lowry Theatre next November at 2.30pm in the afternoon. Now, my H2B would like...

Роман, yesterday at 16:17 12 3,833
M
CANAPE ALTERNATIVES
MrsKLG2be, 12 June, 2013 at 13:08

Hi, We get married in August 2014. My Fiance and I have looked at the canape options and decided we just cannot justify spending £1000 on 3 canapes per person! We do however want to provide the guests...

Роман, yesterday at 16:17 31 1,576 1
J
Buttonhole Politics...!
Jennie228, 20 December, 2012 at 14:25

Hi All, Been looking on here for a while, so thought its about time I get involved! Here's my dilemma... I want buttonholes/corsages to be worn by the wedding party only, to distinguish who they are....

Роман, yesterday at 16:10 14 19,503
S
Wedding Cars - any cheap alternatives?
sc2347, 12 May, 2011 at 18:56

Hi All, Just looking at quotes for wedding cars at the moment and they are so expensive! The cheapest i could find was for £350 which seems a bit much for driving 2 mins down the road from the hotel...

Alex, yesterday at 16:07 14 18,883
Ceryn
📖 Would love your thoughts – I'm creating a journal for brides (inspired by my own mental health struggles during wedding planning)
Ceryn, 29 July, 2025 at 20:24

Hey everyone 💍 I hope this is okay to post. I’m working on a personal project that was born out of my own experience planning my wedding. While I was excited and grateful, I also found the process...

Роман, yesterday at 16:05 46 474
Rebecca
Food at the reception
Rebecca, 3 December, 2025 at 09:58

Hi all, We are looking to do things a bit differently and get food trucks instead of a sit down meal. We were looking at getting just one food truck (A pizza van) which can serve 130 pizzas (which is...

ALI, yesterday at 15:38 53 627 2
Megan
Content Creator Somerset or Videographer looking to expand portfolio
Megan, 23 November, 2025 at 21:23

Hi I am looking for a content creator who ideally does the vintage VHS film style content in Somerset area for a June 2026 wedding or an early stage videographer who is looking to build up portfolio.

Emma, yesterday at 15:17 118 1,570
S
Wedding etiquette for witness's clothes for Civil Ceremony
Soozie11, 2 October, 2011 at 22:43

Hello Lovely ladies I am just wondering what the wedding etiquette is for paying for the witness's clothes with a civil ceremony. If I was having a wedding with bridesmaids then I would be expected to...

Harry, yesterday at 15:14 7 6,535
M
Flat shoes?
MrsPtoB, 25 June, 2017 at 11:53

Is anyone wearing flat shoes? I need some suggestions. People keep telling me that I must wear heels but I rarely wear heels and our wedding ceremony is at a castle with around 300 steps to go up and...

Harry, yesterday at 14:54 13 1,595 1
L
wedding cake
Lou37, 1 November, 2016 at 12:11

Hi I just dont know what to do about the wedding cake! Never really thought it was a biggy in terms of other things for the wedding. I would like chocolate sponge as hate fruit cake but H2B says if...

Theodore, yesterday at 14:48 9 1,715 1
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Ali, yesterday at 14:39 10 3,285

General groups

Hitched article topics