Skip to main content

Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad

Join Group

Not sure where to go on your honeymoon? Wondering how to organise your guest list for a destination wedding? You can ask your fellow forum members about your honeymoon or destination wedding right here.

8,005
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Mrs_imp
Packing wedding dress??
Mrs_imp, 2 August, 2011 at 18:01

Hi ladies I just wondered how you are intending to get your wedding dress abroad with you? I will be flying with Jet 2 and they don't offer a special wedding dress luggage charge. My options are hand...

Loriel, thursday 17-Sep-26 9 4,862
G
Hair ideas for abroad wedding
Gemma, 28 April, 2024 at 16:10

Hi all. I am getting married this year in Cyprus. It is going to be toasty (at least it better not rain or I will want a refund ). I am struggling with hair do ideas! I am a hair down girl, always....

Thomas, wednesday 16-Sep-26 17 259
Corinne
Planning for a wedding in Spain
Corinne, 13 July, 2023 at 13:32

Suggestions

Benson, monday 14-Sep-26 6 245 1
Gabriella
Best bank account to pay to get points/benefits on paying for a wedding abroad
Gabriella, 24 July, 2023 at 17:08

Hi! I'm based in London, getting married in Cyprus next year! The time has come to start paying for things, and I'm thinking of opening a bank account for the wedding. As it's a big expense, I want to...

Arthur, saturday 12-Sep-26 6 360
A
Best travel company for weddings abroad?
awoods91, 12 January, 2014 at 23:02

My fiancé and I have finally settled on having a destination wedding, just the two of us. I’ve been looking at brochures from travel agents for package weddings and while we haven’t settled on an...

Stephen, saturday 29-Aug-26 7 1,930
K
Caribbean Warehouse, anyone used them?
K8_2408, 2 June, 2012 at 22:45

We're looking to book our honeymoon to a place in the Dominican Republic which we've been before. We went to this particular resort a couple of years ago & loved it so much we wanted to go back...

Ahsan, thursday 20-Aug-26 4 2,675
Natalie
Less than 4k luxurious wedding venues
Natalie, 29 September, 2025 at 18:14

Yall would not believe how much we budgeting for our international wedding. I'm American and my husband is British. We are having our wedding out in the United Kingdom with friends and family coming...

Anna, wednesday 19-Aug-26 1 49
L
New York Weddings
LuxuriousGreenConfetti511, 16 March, 2016 at 20:59

Hello! Is anyone getting married in New York? We are eloping to city hall next year...I just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for us? Also, any recommendations for photographers out there? We...

Amna, wednesday 19-Aug-26 22 3,565
S
tui Wedding - Spain
Sophie, 2 August, 2025 at 13:13

Hi all, New bride to be! Me and my partner have always been set on having an abroad wedding and think we have finally settled on Spain! We have been in talks with TUI to discuss potentially doing a...

Amber, wednesday 19-Aug-26 24 369
V
Advice on Vegas wedding and reception at home
Vegaswedding6786, 15 February, 2018 at 12:20

Hi all, after a bit of advice from anyone that’s done anything similar. My partner and I are planning on getting married in Vegas around June 2019 with a view to have a reception back home after the...

Sanchizes, tuesday 18-Aug-26 18 3,780 1
C
Slow Dreams reviews, Italian,wedding.
ClaraCluck100, 30 July, 2018 at 15:26

Hi there, we are planning to get married next year in Italy, we have been looking at slow dreams as they had a good clear website, they have also sent me a couple of estimates for our ceremony. Has...

Sanchizes, tuesday 18-Aug-26 20 751
C
Honeymoon destinations - on a budget
Chloe, 19 March, 2025 at 09:09

Hi All, Could i get some recommendations of some beautiful holiday destination but on a budget. As much as we would love to venture to the exotic places like Maldives, Bora Bora, Thailand and so...

007, monday 10-Aug-26 112 2,035 1
S
Married in Goa
SunnyRedCars733, 12 November, 2016 at 20:00

Hello, We've decided that we're going to make our magic day happen in Goa! Just wondering if anyone had taken the plunge there recently? We wanted to use a UK based wedding planner and so far the only...

UnknownStrangers, monday 10-Aug-26 4 798
R
Upcoming Greek Wedding not legal!
RomanticRedBridesmaid20407, 8 May, 2019 at 06:55

Hi All, Hoping someone with more knowledge than me may be able to help. We are due to get married in Zante in a couple of weeks, we've just had an email from our wedding planner saying due to a change...

Johnclark, sunday 9-Aug-26 4 967
C
Vegas Wedding itinerary - help please
Charlotte, 2 September, 2023 at 10:43

I’m getting married in Vegas in May 2024. We’re staying at Cosmo and the wedding is at the Little White Wedding Chapel. We only have 2 guests travelling with us but I want to make a day/night to...

UnknownStrangers, saturday 8-Aug-26 6 185
R
Destination Wedding
Rachel, 31 January, 2024 at 14:39

Hi! I'm newly engaged and just starting to think about wedding planning. We know we would like to have a destination wedding but we have no idea where to start. Any tips on narrowing down which...

Chanchal, thursday 6-Aug-26 8 444 1
V
Bridesmaids
Victoria, 16 August, 2023 at 10:27

My bridesmaids can’t afford to attend my destination wedding. Can they still be my bridesmaids and only attend the English reception?

UnknownStrangers, thursday 6-Aug-26 5 143 1
B
Has anyone had (or planned) a destination wedding with a 2-month-old baby?
Bianca, 16 November, 2025 at 21:16

Hi everyone, I’m looking for some real experiences or advice because my partner and I have found ourselves in a situation we didn’t expect. We’re planning a wedding abroad, and I’ve just found out I’m...

Nol, wednesday 5-Aug-26 42 493
R
Certificate of no impediment- Portugal
Rachel, 24 November, 2023 at 02:12

Hi, we’re getting married in portugal next May and we have been asked to obtain a Certificate of no impediment, or the ceremony will not be legal. our local registry office will not issue one as the...

David, monday 20-Jul-26 6 306
jfilsell
Ski and sun honeymoon
jfilsell, 27 January, 2013 at 16:39

Hi all! We're getting married in March 2014 and so have started kicking around honeymoon ideas. One thought is to do a week's skiing and a week in the sun. My OH and I are inexperienced yet...

Abigail, saturday 18-Jul-26 3 743
Amy
Destination wedding ideas
Amy, 17 March, 2024 at 17:44

Hi all - we are looking at a destination wedding for around 15-20 guests inc. us two but honestly don’t know where to start. I love the idea of a villa/chateau where all the guests can stay with us...

Pest, monday 13-Jul-26 17 451 1
Joanna
Our honey moon fund
Joanna, 20 April, 2025 at 15:02

“We can’t wait to celebrate our big day with you! Your presence is more than enough, but if you’d like to give a gift we’d be overjoyed with a contribution towards our honeymoon fund."

Kathy, friday 10-Jul-26 2 68 1
Lilia
Venue Help
Lilia, 28 April, 2025 at 17:50

Aloha! My husband and I are from Honolulu, Hawaiʻi and we're looking for a Castle Wedding in Scotland, Ireland or Wales and we'd love venue suggestions.

UnknownStrangers, tuesday 23-Jun-26 6 78
N_R_C
Let Love Lead.❤️🥰
N_R_C, 9 March, 2025 at 00:30

Happiness is free

Jiomilegasab, thursday 18-Jun-26 27 194 3
E
Italy wedding
Emily, 2 April, 2024 at 20:52

Hi everyone, We are looking at getting married in Italy in 2026 but we just don't know where to start. We know we have time but with it being abroad, we want to remain as organised as possible. Does...

Calcolo, sunday 14-Jun-26 6 761 1
M
Wedding in Italy, Amalfi Coast maybe....
MSDCG, 20 September, 2010 at 18:14

Hi Guys We are just starting the planning for our wedding in Italy Summer 2012. We would like to have a small family wedding in either Capri or Positano or somewhere along the Amalfi coast. After...

Ali, wednesday 10-Jun-26 16 3,347
K
Adding vendors not on the list
Kay, 29 May, 2024 at 10:48

Hi everyone. I'm planning my wedding for November and trying to update my plan but the wedding is abroad (not on the list for hitched) and I can't figure out how to add any vendors not on the list. Is...

S W, tuesday 12-May-26 7 210
M
Money from guests for honeymoon
markandkatieswedding, 25 November, 2012 at 18:42

Has anyone else asked guests to contribute towards their honeymoon. How did you do it and did you get enough? We would like to ask guests, but are worried about booking a honeymoon in case we don't...

Willium, thursday 7-May-26 17 4,415 1
momai
Photographers
momai, 22 February, 2024 at 10:26

Photographers - how do you know that they are good and that you’re not going to get ripped off with a rubbish one?

Scott, saturday 2-May-26 5 93
Duane
Decree absolute legalised
Duane, 6 February, 2024 at 06:01

Hi.. we're getting married in Greece in October. The authorities need legalised copies of our decree absolutes. Ours only have a black stamp so need legalising (which I alalready thought were legal...

Voocccie, sunday 19-Apr-26 4 106
M
HELP AND ADVICE FOR ANYONE PLANNING A MALLORCAN WEDDING
MrKeefe310815, 11 September, 2015 at 15:28

Hi there, I thought I would write this post more for information purposes for anyone getting married in Mallorca. My new wife and I just got married last week at Cap Rocat in Mallorca and planned the...

Petter, tuesday 7-Apr-26 16 32,181 1
E
New York Honeymoon
Emilybride2Be, 2 January, 2024 at 16:22

Hi! We're getting married in September this year and looking for some inspiration for New York! Neither of us have been before and it'll be a dream holiday for us. Looking for hotel/attraction...

Scott, monday 9-Mar-26 13 200

General groups

Hitched article topics