• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

30 of May of 2015

3262days 20hours

Discussions

TreacleTart
Treacletart's wedding report - with loads of flashes
TreacleTart, 20 of August of 2015 at 13:16

Tiny background: Me and OH have been together five and a bit years – I met him where I used to work, and eight months after he left I tracked him down and asked him out!! old internet! We had our...

TreacleTart, friday 21-Aug-15 35
S
He's not perfect reading
SunnyBrownCars246, 15 of July of 2015 at 21:01

So we decided we would have a reading to try to lengthen the ceremony. We were certain that we didn't want a sloppy reading cause that's just not us !! so after a lot of searching I came across he's...

MadamRed, sunday 19-Jul-15 21
F
Hair and MU trial - any good?
Fairycake135, 11 of June of 2015 at 10:06

I recently had my hair and make up trial, and although it seemed ok on the day, I had a few niggling doubts about certain things. I don't wear much make up, if any, on a day to day basis and I wonder...

Heathy2b, saturday 13-Jun-15 4
R
Children's activity packs
R0S, 23 of May of 2015 at 21:07

Im trying to find somewhere I can print off activity sheets for the kids at the wedding. Can anyone give any suggestions to where I can get some that you may have used? Thanks

jesikab4u, sunday 24-May-15 7
TreacleTart
Suit rage- UPDATE- no more rage yay!
TreacleTart, 18 of May of 2015 at 16:05

Im so full of rage right now, we still don't have a suit for OH, it still hasn't arrived in store, we get married in less than two weeks and he hasn't even been able to try his suit on yet!! The worst...

TreacleTart, thursday 21-May-15 19
MrsB88
Thoughts on giving DJ a playlist??
MrsB88, 20 of May of 2015 at 19:07

This was initially something I really wanted to do to ensure all our favourite songs are played. now I've done the play list (approx 40 songs!) I'm wondering if it's a bad idea and I should just tell...

jasmine376, wednesday 27-May-15 16
charlie_rabbit01
What's your timeline?
charlie_rabbit01, 20 of May of 2015 at 18:43

My h2b and I were discussing time lines, we both have friends who got engaged before us but getting married after us, both have been together for a shorter amount of time than us and it got us...

Charliebob, monday 25-May-15 55
TreacleTart
seating plan and other bits n bobs
TreacleTart, 11 of May of 2015 at 17:18

Look what we found to do our seating plan with - OH spotted it and its great, we'll have 9 pots of herbs (our table names are herbs) and stick little wooden sticks in them with peoples names on......

halloweeny, wednesday 13-May-15 20
Chucklevision
activity packs for children under 3
Chucklevision, 5 of May of 2015 at 22:17

Calling all my mummies & daddies, & other imaginative people, I'mI'm hoping to put together some activities to keep the children coming to the wedding occupied. We have 4 young children - a 3...

Chucklevision, wednesday 6-May-15 4
Nikkijj86
Heartbroken
Nikkijj86, 1 of May of 2015 at 21:09

I apologise in advance for bringing down the mood, but needed somewhere to get things out. My grandma sadly passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning after a difficult and painful cancer...

MrsShep, saturday 2-May-15 14
MrsDJG
May brides, it's our turn!!
MrsDJG, 1 of May of 2015 at 07:05

Are you ready? This has come around far too quickly!! We marry right at the end of the month, but I go on my hen weekend tonight! Xx

TreacleTart, saturday 2-May-15 8
TreacleTart
Hen do today/yday
TreacleTart, 19 of April of 2015 at 01:36

Ahh bit of a self indulgent post but just climbed into bed after my hen do day yesterday/this morning, been an ace day! Made great pants, had kick ass afternoon tea, played some silly funny hen do...

TreacleTart, sunday 19-Apr-15 6
R
Adding guests to RSVP's
RomanticYellowConfetti285, 16 of April of 2015 at 12:47

Hello all I received an RSVP last night with three names on it, I was completely baffled as to who they were. My Fiancee had no idea either, so rang my mother-in-law to be to see if she could shed...

Heathy2b, saturday 18-Apr-15 12
pammy67
Just a quick visit.....with a cheeky little flash from our most amazing day.
pammy67, 9 of April of 2015 at 13:40

Well, I am now a Mrs...again lol. I can't begin to tell you how perfect our day was. We've packed everyone off and are now sitting chilling in the caravan. So I thought you might like a cheeky flash...

Fairytales19, sunday 3-May-15 64
C
I've bought my dress - am I brave, stupid, or completely unhinged? - UPDATED ON PAGE 2
celticcurl, 25 of June of 2014 at 10:58

I've never wanted a traditional wedding dress, but love beautiful evening dresses so have been looking at these. After months of looking I kept going back to the one I first saw. The problem is it is...

Heathy2b, friday 17-Apr-15 26
Samiire
First fitting tomorrow!! UPDATED with flashes from second fitting!
Samiire, 16 of March of 2015 at 21:04

Argh, so nervous for my first fitting tomorrow!!! Excited too, of course, but so many worries. Will it look as good as the sample!? Can they alter it how I want!? Will I still like it!? Wish me luck!!...

Samiire, wednesday 15-Apr-15 26
C
Say Yes to the Dress
Chale, 10 of April of 2015 at 20:31

Anyone else obsessed with it? I've got the house to myself tonight so I'm having a bit of a SYTTD marathon. Mr C always groans when he sees that I've got it on, but I tell him it's all research for my...

Chale, saturday 11-Apr-15 16
pammy67
Signing out as a Mrs, will be back as a Mrs :)
pammy67, 5 of April of 2015 at 20:35

So we head off in the morning. The car and tin tent are all packed and good to go. Everything has gone pretty smoothly up to now and still feeling calm and chilled. Get butterflies every now and then...

Erin8, monday 6-Apr-15 16
I-go-by-many-names
so i got married yesterday *cheeky flash*
I-go-by-many-names, 4 of April of 2015 at 19:52

Yesterday was amazing. Will try to write a full scale report when we return from our mini-moon but will flash this for now, not the best quality as it is from my aunt's phone.

Arpee, monday 13-Apr-15 39
K
Any first time brides in their forties?
Kilner, 2 of April of 2015 at 18:03

Hello guys Here's a brief outline of myself as I am a new member☺ Been with OH for 23 years and decided in a very unromantic way that it's time we got married! We are very excited and even more so are...

Shelly70, saturday 4-Apr-15 20
L
shoe ideas away from the norm
LuxuriousBlueFlowers282, 3 of April of 2015 at 11:55

Need some help please thinking about wedding shoes. Don't want traditional, want something a bit fun or a bit of colour, other than white or ivory. Ideally like lower or mid heels so I can wear them...

Moonbeam88, monday 3-Aug-15 31
pammy67
Final fitting...done...flashy flash flash
pammy67, 31 of March of 2015 at 12:20

So this is it ladies. Final fitting done. And I have my shoes, no flash of those yet tho. Sorry lol xx Damn sideways grrrrr

MrsEdisToBe, thursday 2-Apr-15 42
Bride2Bmarch15
Im married !!
Bride2Bmarch15, 28 of March of 2015 at 09:59

Burried my farther the week begore my wedding but we still had a beautiful day ???

BubbleBees, saturday 4-Apr-15 20
TreacleTart
make up, hair, and dress flash!
TreacleTart, 27 of March of 2015 at 10:29

Yesterday I had everything done and absolutely loved the lot! When i put my dress on with hair and make up done I feel completley fantastic, properly beaming I was ? my mom, bless her, had a little...

TreacleTart, saturday 28-Mar-15 26
missqueenvee
Civil Ceremony Music
missqueenvee, 22 of March of 2015 at 21:20

Hi everyone So music, for civil ceremonies. How many songs do you need roughly ? Ive picked my song to enter to, but that's about it...

firsttimebride83, monday 23-Mar-15 3
pammy67
eeek - three weeks tomorrow - and I'm so calm.......
pammy67, 17 of March of 2015 at 08:02

So, three weeks as now, I'll be waking up in our caravan, really really giddy as we will pack and relocate 1/2 mile away to our wedding venue for the next two nights, three days. We'll have arrived...

Barnett2015, thursday 19-Mar-15 25
W
I'm back as an O.M with a few pearls of wisdom for brides to be!
Wifey-Woo, 2 of March of 2015 at 20:03

Hello! I was a regular poster under a different name on here during the build up to our wedding last summer. I found this forum really helpful and thought I'd pop back to share my experiences and...

CBeckford, monday 9-Mar-15 32
H
Advice needed- Incurable cancer
Hypochondriac, 2 of March of 2015 at 10:00

Hi all. So there is 502 days to go until my wedding. Along with my bride to be, we have put a deposit down for all manner of things, band, venue, food, flowers etc. Very sadly my mother in law's...

Hypochondriac, tuesday 17-Mar-15 17
Strawberry_Moon
When to start dress shopping? Update, I've found THE dress!
Strawberry_Moon, 8 of February of 2015 at 10:23

Hi everyone, I have been reading the wedding planning forum for months now since we set a date and booked a venue. I have decided to join today for some advice as you all seem lovely. We have set the...

stephers01, sunday 15-Feb-15 19
Fleur88
Found my shoes and bag *Flash*
Fleur88, 7 of February of 2015 at 19:43

I know you ladies love a good flash and now I am nearly at the year mark I have been starting to think about buying more things for the wedding. I bought my shoes after falling for them online and...

lbdidi, sunday 8-Feb-15 14
T
Dress dilemma *flash*
this_cat_here, 8 of February of 2015 at 07:19

Help! I'm seriously confused about my dress. Thought I was set on dress 1 (exactly what I had in mind, not sleeveless with a band at the waist) I had a couple of other dress shop appointments booked...

Vixy1987, monday 9-Feb-15 26
bubblerawk
Wedding invitations
bubblerawk, 7 of February of 2015 at 22:24

Im looking for some advice regarding wedding invites. ive had a look at past posts but couldnt find what i was looking for. im on a budget with the stationary plus i really don't want to spend £100's...

Aquiescence*, sunday 8-Feb-15 12

General groups

Hitched article topics