• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

22 of July of 2016

2841days 23hours

Discussions

BellaxXx
what song are you ladies having when you are walking out of the church
BellaxXx, 10 of January of 2017 at 14:55

Me and my h2b can't decide on a song so thought i would see if you ladies had any ideas..

Jayne E, friday 27-Jan-17 21
S
I don't know what to do! Help!
SunnyOrangeStationery695, 15 of January of 2017 at 19:23

So my wedding is booked for August this year and the more I have been planning the more I have realised I just want to get married the 2 of us, I don't want a big wedding. The problem is we have paid...

lucyjo, thursday 9-Feb-17 6
L
Want to sell an UNWORN wedding dress!- No Luck!
LuxuriousBlueCakes659, 16 of January of 2017 at 18:00

Although I LOVED the dress I bought, I decided to go with a different style, but having difficulty selling my dress. It's a gorgeous Blush and Ivory dress- Size 18. Originally bought for £549, but was...

DevonBelle, monday 23-Jan-17
M
Timeline - does this look okay?
Much_ado_about_weddings, 20 of May of 2016 at 07:06

Thought I had a while to finalise this, but photographer and band are wanting a draft now so here goes! I'm getting married late July next year in South Wales so am trying to bear in mind that it will...

DevonBelle, friday 20-May-16 2
L
Brides and Newlyweds Help!
LuxuriousOrangeFlowers596, 14 of May of 2016 at 20:32

Hi, Im currently in my last year at university and doing my dissertation on the portrayal of weddings in the media, if you are a engaged or a newlywed it would be great to get your feedback for my...

CantwaittobeMrsDavie, monday 23-May-16 1
M
wow wedding
MrsGtobe2017, 8 of May of 2016 at 21:28

So getting married and seeing the brides dress etc. is all a wow moment at a wedding, but aside from the expected what do you have planned for an extra wow for the guests? I've been thinking I want...

ExpensiveBrownDiamon, sunday 22-May-16 16
Poppies
1987RAF, 13 of May of 2016 at 09:49

For those who have read my previous posts, you may be aware that we are getting married on 5 November. I am a huge supporter of the Poppy Appeal and have just suddenly thought that we will be right in...

LoveSka, friday 20-May-16 11
O
Unusual Wedding Food
OneHartOrTwo, 12 of May of 2016 at 11:24

Hi all, I was wondering if I could pick some brains about less traditional wedding foods. MOB and H2B are both very fussy and only really eat traditional English foods but I wonder if guest would...

Aliza, monday 10-Jan-22 21
M
Any recommendations for ties / bow ties??
Moonbeam88, 17 of May of 2016 at 13:05

We are having normal suits purchased from next. Does anyone have any recommendations for ties / bow ties? We are considering ties for all groomsmen apart from the groom who will have a bow tie so need...

Stefan, thursday 28-Apr-22 5
L
Suit Hire - Recommendations/average cost?
Laurensmum, 18 of May of 2016 at 21:31

Hi guys. Got to get bum in gear and arrange appointments for suit hire this weekend! The last night thing to do! Any recommendations and guestimate on costsI've been doing some research on suit hire...

Mrs-Riley, friday 20-May-16 8
D
DIY wedding: job list on the day, what have I missed?
DevonBelle, 13 of May of 2016 at 02:49

Good morning everyone! This is my first post on hitched, hi! I'm getting married late July in Devon. We have chosen a very simple reception with no seating plan, help yourself food, very relaxed and...

Jayne E, friday 20-May-16 4
D
Concrete outdoor space... what to do?
DevonBelle, 13 of May of 2016 at 06:27

Good morning everyone! I've been busy writing loads of stuff on here during my night shift. I'm stumped and in need of advice. I'm getting married in a couple of months and having the reception at our...

DevonBelle, thursday 19-May-16 3
PrettyFlower90
Catholic Wedding Hymns/Music
PrettyFlower90, 24 of April of 2016 at 04:52

Just looking for some suggestions really for our ceremony music! We are getting married in a Catholic church with a full Mass and so would need 4 pieces of music/hymns. The entrance music will be...

LuxuriousIvoryDiamon, friday 13-Sep-19 10
S
Parents' involvement in wedding - please help!
Starshine, 26 of April of 2016 at 22:08

This is an awkward issue, and I feel pretty bad for having it. But I would really prefer if my parents were involved as little as possible in my wedding, the less the better. It's not exactly that we...

MetalBride, sunday 15-May-16 5
D
Complete Inability to stick to budget...
DB2016, 2 of May of 2016 at 19:25

Why is our wedding turning me into a total spendaholic?? I am an accountant so budgets and forecasts are my thing. I plan our household budget exactly and when we want to purchase something big - ie...

DevonBelle, friday 13-May-16 6
H
Gift ideas for parents?
HappyPurpleCakes482, 3 of May of 2016 at 11:19

Hello everyone I'm really struggling for ideas as to what to get my parents as a thank you gift. My brother got married a few years ago and got personalised trinket/jewellery boxes, and flowers etc.,...

DevonBelle, friday 13-May-16 9
A
Wedding planner fee structure
AustralianBride2017, 8 of May of 2016 at 08:57

Hi lovely brides to be! I am brand new to this forum and slightly overwhelmed by everything... In negotiations with H2B (I'm learning the acronyms!! about wedding format and location: we live in...

Bruce Neville Photog, friday 13-May-16 2
S
When to send out Invitations...?
Sapphirebride, 5 of May of 2016 at 11:40

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as of when to send out the wedding invites to our day and evening guests. I get married on 17th March 2017 and our venue want the final numbers 6 weeks before, so 3rd Feb.......

DevonBelle, friday 13-May-16 12
LuxuriousRedDiamonds491
First Dance song...
LuxuriousRedDiamonds491, 29 of April of 2016 at 20:53

I want something a bit unusual for our first dance song.. I like Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay. It's current but I love it's uplifting tune. I'm a bit worried about the lyrics though...what do...

InkedDoll, monday 16-May-16 21
L
Accommodation for guests
lucyjo, 11 of May of 2016 at 11:34

We’re about to send out save the dates for our wedding in almost exactly a year’s time (I know, bit early, but we’re excited!). I know StDs are only supposed to give the wedding date, and other...

DevonBelle, friday 13-May-16 8

General groups

Hitched article topics