• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

9 of September of 2017

2442days 11hours

Discussions

R
My Mother won't be attending my Wedding! **Advice Needed*
RomanticPurpleCakes775, 15 of May of 2017 at 12:43

Hello I am getting married in July and my mother has told me ever since the proposal that she will not be attending and its getting closer to the date and I was putting it off as I was kind of hoping...

disneyfanatic95, friday 19-May-17 9
K
Where can I find a hair accessory like this?
katy25t, 12 of May of 2017 at 16:06

Hi all! I've seen a picture online of a hair accessory that I would like to wear on my wedding day - or something very similar at least. I've been searching and searching but can't find anything like...

The Little Jewellery, sunday 21-May-17 5
H
Witnesses needed for semi-secret wedding (Newcastle)
HappyGoldCars770, 18 of March of 2017 at 14:46

My partner and I are getting married on 6th May at Newcastle registry office, and we intend it to be a private ceremony without any guests, but we also need 2 witnesses. The registry office aren't...

HappyGoldCars770, tuesday 21-Mar-17 6
S
Wedding Insurance
SunnyGoldConfetti573, 13 of March of 2017 at 07:13

Hi do any of you have wedding insurance and if so who with? thanks

Mywedddingmyday, monday 20-Mar-17 8
Mrs_Conduct
Getting to know you...
Mrs_Conduct, 9 of March of 2017 at 17:31

Hey everyone, I've spent far too much work time reading old wedding reports on here today.... One thing I've noticed is that it's a bit less active and chatty on here these days, the forum doesn't...

lee1a, friday 19-May-17 54
MrsStanleyToBe
How Many Dresses did you try on?
MrsStanleyToBe, 8 of March of 2017 at 15:02

Hey Hitchers I'm having a major panic!? my usual clothes shopping happens on line, on the rare occasion I challenge the shops, I like to be in and out no messing ... I hate getting all hot and...

soontobemrsclow, monday 13-Mar-17 19
R
Eloping to Newcastle and looking for witnesses
RomanticGoldBridesmaid750, 4 of February of 2017 at 08:10

Hello there! My fiancé and I are eloping to Newcastle upon Tyne on Feb 20th 2017. We've booked a simple ceremony at Newcastle Registry Office. We haven't told a soul about our forthcoming wedding but...

Tidal Wave, tuesday 28-Feb-17 48
MetalBride
MUA
MetalBride, 22 of February of 2017 at 12:35

How far in advance do I need to book a make up artist and hair dresser? Any advice on how much I should expect it to cost? Any recommendations for South Yorkshire? My friend who was going to do my...

ThroughGreenEyes, wednesday 22-Feb-17 1
S
Sweetie carts
Slink, 19 of February of 2017 at 17:49

Our next job is the very important task of picking sweets for our sweetie buffet. We obviously have our favourites which will be going in (hello sour cherries). What went down best at your buffet, or...

Mrs_Conduct, tuesday 21-Feb-17 14
H
Which dress??
HappyRedStationery700, 16 of February of 2017 at 12:14

Hi. Which dress out of these two do you guys think is best? We're having a Church wedding, but the reception is more of a garden party style with afternoon tea and giant games etc, and is quite a...

2BMrsC, sunday 19-Feb-17 12
B
haggling with suppliers
Blondie_bride, 4 of February of 2017 at 20:39

Hi, How is everyone getting on with haggling with their suppliers? I am having a right nightmare, my wedding date is 14th July so quite a popular date...the venue is knocking nothing off their price,...

BrideintheToon, saturday 18-Feb-17 13
M
What have you bought more than one of because you changed your mind...
Mr_P, 17 of February of 2017 at 09:20

Happy Friday wedding people! Ok - so this question started off within another thread but it was suggested it needs its own - so here it is! As the subject heading says - What have you bought more than...

BrideintheToon, saturday 18-Feb-17 6
R
Alternative to photobooth and the standard wedding props
RomanticBlueCakes716, 21 of January of 2017 at 10:32

Hi all, I really don't want to have a photobooth at my wedding as every wedding recently has the photobooth, the led dance floor, the led letters and the fairylight backdrop. I'm not having any of...

ExpensiveGoldBridesm, sunday 2-Sep-18 12
S
Food after the ceremony
Slink, 19 of January of 2017 at 05:16

We get married at 12pm and our guests will be seated for the wedding breakfast at 2pm. I can't decide if we need to provide food in this gap for guests. I keep thinking that if I was a guest I'd be...

StarCRM, saturday 21-Jan-17 6
B
Wedding savings account
Bridetobejune18, 29 of November of 2016 at 10:11

Hi ? im wanting to opening a savings account for all the family to put into for the big day does anyone have any recommendations on which is the best one going at the momant with the best interest...

It Must Be Love Wedd, monday 30-Jan-17 8
BrideintheToon
Your ideal afternoon tea? Opinions please :)
BrideintheToon, 8 of January of 2017 at 19:45

Hi everyone, Just wondered if you could give me your opinions please! What would you ideally like to see on the menu for an afternoon tea? I'm trying to keep budgets down so can't go too OTT but I...

BrideintheToon, sunday 15-Jan-17 12
Pookie8911
Evening timing advice
Pookie8911, 11 of January of 2017 at 20:49

Need a bit of advice...Need to order our invitations asap. Our venue suggests we start the evening do at 7.30 (ceremony at 2, meal 4-6.30). We are only having between 35-40 to the day, so are a little...

FutureMrsTz, thursday 12-Jan-17 2
BrideintheToon
Which caterer would you choose?
BrideintheToon, 10 of January of 2017 at 23:43

Hello again! Sorry I keep asking you guys things - my other half is super laid back so generally doesn't mind either way about things, so it can be hard to make a decision! Ok so I'm happy with my...

BrideintheToon, wednesday 11-Jan-17 9
BrideintheToon
Wedding insurance?
BrideintheToon, 10 of January of 2017 at 22:35

Hello! Just wondering what wedding insurance people are using? I found a list of cheaper providers on MoneySavingExpert but then I'm slightly wary of using providers I've not heard of. The bigger...

ThroughGreenEyes, wednesday 11-Jan-17 4 1,227
L
Where are you staying on the wedding night?
lucyjo, 9 of January of 2017 at 14:02

Our venue doesn't offer accommodation so we're having to make our own plans for what to do on the night of the wedding. Just out of curiosity, quick show of hands.....are there any other brides doing...

gabrisweet, tuesday 27-Jul-21 10
L
Happy new year!
LuxuriousPurpleCakes715, 1 of January of 2017 at 09:50

Just wanted to wish you all a happy new year! And to my fellow 2017 brides...let the excitement and intense planning begin!!

LuxuriousPurpleCakes, thursday 5-Jan-17 5
BrideintheToon
Bargains in the sales?
BrideintheToon, 27 of December of 2016 at 13:49

Anyone found any good bargains in the sales? I got this yesterday from Sainsbury's for £5, something to add to my guest book table. We are getting married in a library so I'm trying to get some things...

Jayne E, saturday 31-Dec-16 6
H
All inclusive drinks or not?
HappyPinkStationery692, 27 of December of 2016 at 20:50

We have the option of booking all inclusive drinks from the end of our ceremony to the end of the meal. It's £22 per adult and half per child, it included fizz for the toasts, red, white & rose...

ExpensiveYellowStati, friday 6-Jan-17 5
H
Evening food stuck for ideas
HappyPinkStationery692, 27 of December of 2016 at 19:57

I really need some inspiration for evening food at our wedding. For the day we are having afternoon tea, so I really want to have something hot for the evening. Your ideas will be greatly appreciated!...

OneHartOrTwo, saturday 31-Dec-16 6
BrideintheToon
Mass bridesmaid dress flash
BrideintheToon, 18 of December of 2016 at 21:58

Anyone fancy showing us your bridesmaid dresses? I thought it would be fun to see what styles and colours everyone has picked I ordered this dress for my two bridesmaids today so I'm hoping we all...

LuxuriousRedConfetti, monday 9-Jan-17 15
AshleyB230685
Under 6 month flash
AshleyB230685, 13 of December of 2016 at 14:50

Well I have under 6 months until my wedding and thought I would share a few of my details with you all ? This is my dress - Jodie by Ronald Joyce The back of my dress My bridesmaid dresses for my...

Karen84, friday 30-Dec-16 8
Chidders
Mass dress flash
Chidders, 14 of March of 2012 at 17:06

Please. We haven't had one of these for ages, pile in and flash us your dress. Model Me

Buy, thursday 26-Oct-23 965 2
E
London wedding dress drycleaner recommendations
ExpensiveBrownCakes649, 7 of December of 2016 at 10:40

Hello! I'm buying a secondhand dress and need to have it cleaned BEFORE the wedding which is a bit terrifying! Can anyone recommend their drycleaned, London-based. I would really like to keep it at a...

BrideintheToon, thursday 8-Dec-16

General groups

Hitched article topics