Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,381
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Damion, yesterday at 13:35 65 1,055 11
kizzi10000
Anyone played wedding 'raffle'? Ideas needed
kizzi10000, 25 February, 2016 at 14:40

Thanks to yet another change of plan, as the pub we'd picked to eat and dance in after the ceremony has decided they're not sure they can offer what we want due to noise and space constraints, we've...

Olivia, yesterday at 21:55 17 3,444
S
Divorce decree absolute
Sarah, 26 February, 2024 at 16:16

My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come...

Emily, yesterday at 17:06 18 322
H
Alternatives to chair sashes!
HappyYellowDiamonds675, 27 July, 2017 at 21:15

Hi!! I'm in need of help please! I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate my chair at the reception. I havent got a large budget either. My reception is a small traditional pub with all the beams...

Aniwave, yesterday at 16:28 14 1,517
Samantha
Colour Scheme Help!
Samantha, 14 April, 2024 at 12:06

Hi! We're planning our wedding for September 2025 and I'm really struggling with picking a colour scheme! I originally liked the sage green and white look but it feels a little overdone to me. Any...

sahilverma3, yesterday at 15:33 3 372
RomanticBrownDiamonds829
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 May, 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

Larry, yesterday at 14:35 17 6,468
Rae
uk elopement/ just the two of us!
Rae, 11 January, 2026 at 12:58

Hi! We got engaged last year and have decided that we want to elope - just the two of us. We don’t want to take our own witnesses and would quite like to go somewhere nice for a day or two in the UK,...

Bernatskyi, yesterday at 13:53 1 24
S
Friend issues and dress shopping
Sarah, 15 October, 2023 at 18:02

Hi all, So we are planning on eloping abroad and taking two friends with us, but now I am having second thoughts on my best friend who I've known for about 15 years. When I announced getting engaged...

Damion, yesterday at 13:29 12 284
K
Cousins
katie_turner_uk84@hotmail.com, 29 January, 2025 at 15:14

Can anyone give me some advice with the wedding guest list. I am closer to some cousins than others..plus they have kids. Do I invite some cousins and not all? Don't want to upset anyone!

Leo, yesterday at 12:54 20 203
S
what the main difference betwen argos gold and gold elsewhere??
sammi23, 11 April, 2012 at 09:21

Were looking for our wedding bands at the moment and were both very happy with a gold band..... looked on h samuel and found this /webstore/d/****/9ct+yellow+gold+4mm+extra+heavy+d+shape+ring/ then...

Ghfffsd, yesterday at 11:16 8 5,317
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Clibrestock, yesterday at 09:55 159 34,491
B
Very shy groom - advice needed!
, 4 June, 2014 at 21:44

I am really worried my husband-to-be is going to hate our wedding! We've just got engaged and I'm ridiculously excited about the wedding planning! However, my fiance is incredibly shy. He's fine in...

Jonathan, yesterday at 07:59 9 5,649
R
How do I sit in my wedding dress?
RomanticRedHair152, 12 June, 2015 at 08:36

When I had my final fitting i tried to sit down in my dress... which I could... but suddenly it was as if my boobs were underneath my chin because of all the boning pushing them up! It's a corset back...

Jonathan, yesterday at 07:51 7 7,453
Kolawole
How do i validate my guest on event day?
Kolawole, 5 May, 2025 at 11:57

How do i validate my guest on event day?

Premiumiptv, yesterday at 07:47 7 76
J
Bridesmaids
Jrl, 13 January, 2024 at 18:16

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice. One of my bridesmaids never replys to any messages, the girls asked her if she wanted to help arrange my hen do about 3 months ago and they never got a reply,...

Jonathan, yesterday at 07:29 3 146
B
Football themed wedding - help!!!!
bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59

Hi everyone! I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the...

Zubair, yesterday at 06:50 57 15,754
TheOtherMoof
Ideas for subtle horror themed table names...
TheOtherMoof, 23 July, 2015 at 20:37

Hi! As I mentioned in my introductory post, my OH and I are still in the veeeeery early stages of wedding planning but I got a little bit carried away with thinking of possibilities for the big day!...

Oliver, yesterday at 06:32 9 2,470
B
reply slips/wedding food choices wording help wanted!
beckyakabetty, 13 September, 2008 at 14:48

I have a menu for the reception and need to tell guests the choices of food available also want to incorporate music requests, reply slip (eg if they are coming or not). Has anyone got any examples...

Project, yesterday at 04:40 43 3,601
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Eclark12, yesterday at 04:18 18 3,312
B
Background music for wedding breakfast
Becky424, 11 August, 2012 at 09:30

Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of...

Hites, saturday 3-Oct-26 11 15,193
beccak
Guest puzzles - are these wedding-related anagrams too hard?
beccak, 7 May, 2014 at 21:44

I saw a cute idea online where some little quizzes were included in the order of ceremony or on the back of place cards, just as something for guests to do if they're sat waiting. I've used a website...

Saif, saturday 3-Oct-26 27 8,397
mummymrs2b
Hen party? What are you doing?
mummymrs2b, 13 February, 2012 at 12:20

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas...

John, saturday 3-Oct-26 51 9,047
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, saturday 3-Oct-26 78 2,607
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, saturday 3-Oct-26 95 1,059
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 September, 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

888, saturday 3-Oct-26 147 10,876
kelly29
Crafty types - card weight?
kelly29, 20 February, 2009 at 23:10

I need to be sorting out some ivory card for my table numbers / menus and my seating plan display. In case I need to order it online, what weight (i.e. gsm) should I be looking for? I'm going to have...

Jerry Jacks, saturday 3-Oct-26 9 1,362
J
Looking for a Michael Myers (halloween) flower girl
Jane, 7 July, 2026 at 23:20

Random one I know. We are having speeches Halloween wedding and I am looking for a Micheal Myers scare actor to be our flower girl. I gave no idea where to start with looking anyone got any...

Dash, saturday 3-Oct-26 6 56 1
S
Filming your own wedding - anyone used Filmed On Phones?
Sophie, 3 November, 2024 at 13:52

Hello! My partner and I have been looking at videographers but we're not sure we want to pay so much for such a fancy video. We really just want the main parts of our day captured on video so we were...

Kelvin, saturday 3-Oct-26 14 236
Amy
Evening food - Good idea or waste of money?
Amy, 10 October, 2024 at 14:07

I am undecided on whether or not to have food in the evening at our wedding. I believe that people will be focused on getting drunk and the food will go to waste but some people have said its nice to...

Marketing, saturday 3-Oct-26 56 695
Kara
Scottish Twilight wedding
Kara, 29 December, 2025 at 23:57

Hi, I’m looking for venues in Glasgow, Ayrshire or Dumfries and Galloway which can accommodate evening ceremonies followed by a party for up to 80 guests. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Arianwen, saturday 3-Oct-26 1 18
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

Laura, saturday 3-Oct-26 146 2,093 2
M
Transport for guests
Miss-KEM, 7 February, 2016 at 16:24

Our ceremony and reception are at different venues. Ceremony venue is about 15 minutes by car from where we live. Then ceremony to reception is about 5 minutes by car. I have arranged a car to take OH...

Ankit, saturday 3-Oct-26 14 2,869

General groups

Hitched article topics