Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,380
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, monday 28-Sep-26 64 1,050 11
S
what the main difference betwen argos gold and gold elsewhere??
sammi23, 11 April, 2012 at 09:21

Were looking for our wedding bands at the moment and were both very happy with a gold band..... looked on h samuel and found this /webstore/d/****/9ct+yellow+gold+4mm+extra+heavy+d+shape+ring/ then...

Zoesmith, an hour ago 7 5,315
B
Background music for wedding breakfast
Becky424, 11 August, 2012 at 09:30

Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of...

Hites, 2 hours ago 11 15,192
beccak
Guest puzzles - are these wedding-related anagrams too hard?
beccak, 7 May, 2014 at 21:44

I saw a cute idea online where some little quizzes were included in the order of ceremony or on the back of place cards, just as something for guests to do if they're sat waiting. I've used a website...

Saif, 2 hours ago 27 8,397
mummymrs2b
Hen party? What are you doing?
mummymrs2b, 13 February, 2012 at 12:20

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas...

John, 6 hours ago 51 9,046
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, 7 hours ago 78 2,605
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, 7 hours ago 95 1,058
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Clibrestock, 8 hours ago 158 34,482
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Ikw12, 9 hours ago 17 3,310
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 September, 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

888, 9 hours ago 147 10,874
kelly29
Crafty types - card weight?
kelly29, 20 February, 2009 at 23:10

I need to be sorting out some ivory card for my table numbers / menus and my seating plan display. In case I need to order it online, what weight (i.e. gsm) should I be looking for? I'm going to have...

Jerry Jacks, 10 hours ago 9 1,362
J
Looking for a Michael Myers (halloween) flower girl
Jane, 7 July, 2026 at 23:20

Random one I know. We are having speeches Halloween wedding and I am looking for a Micheal Myers scare actor to be our flower girl. I gave no idea where to start with looking anyone got any...

Dash, 10 hours ago 6 56 1
S
Filming your own wedding - anyone used Filmed On Phones?
Sophie, 3 November, 2024 at 13:52

Hello! My partner and I have been looking at videographers but we're not sure we want to pay so much for such a fancy video. We really just want the main parts of our day captured on video so we were...

Kelvin, 12 hours ago 14 235
Amy
Evening food - Good idea or waste of money?
Amy, 10 October, 2024 at 14:07

I am undecided on whether or not to have food in the evening at our wedding. I believe that people will be focused on getting drunk and the food will go to waste but some people have said its nice to...

Marketing, 13 hours ago 56 695
Kara
Scottish Twilight wedding
Kara, 29 December, 2025 at 23:57

Hi, I’m looking for venues in Glasgow, Ayrshire or Dumfries and Galloway which can accommodate evening ceremonies followed by a party for up to 80 guests. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Arianwen, 13 hours ago 1 18
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

Laura, 13 hours ago 146 2,091 2
M
Transport for guests
Miss-KEM, 7 February, 2016 at 16:24

Our ceremony and reception are at different venues. Ceremony venue is about 15 minutes by car from where we live. Then ceremony to reception is about 5 minutes by car. I have arranged a car to take OH...

Ankit, 13 hours ago 14 2,869
N
order of service font
narie, 4 September, 2011 at 18:19

Hi - am now drafting the order of service to show the reverend on Tuesday... what would you say is the best font to use for the words for the hymns in the order of service? Need to be big and clear...

James, 18 hours ago 35 11,731
Dani
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: Take a peek at our last £25,000 winners' wedding! You could be next 👀
Dani, 13 January, 2025 at 15:57

Check out how last year’s winners, Courtney and Adam celebrated their chic £25,000 wedding! Fancy a shot at winning your dream wedding this year? Enter now for a chance to WIN our biggest giveaway of...

Willium, yesterday at 18:40 1 44
panda2011
Military Weddings
panda2011, 24 November, 2010 at 22:14

I'm sure I'm not the only Hitcher getting married to a man in uniform. What's everyone doing about uniforms/civvy clothes? My OH will wear his RAF uniform, as will his RAF mates. His brother will be...

Rolen, yesterday at 18:26 61 7,443
Charlotte
No Bridesmaids but groomsmen?
Charlotte, 11 August, 2025 at 15:43

Hey, we have just booked our October 2026 wedding and noticed I have literally not one bridesmaids but we have groomsmen. Is it weird to have this. I feel we would look of balanced and it’s a bit sad...

Hites, yesterday at 17:14 23 280
L
Chair covers
LauraLtobe, 31 March, 2016 at 10:52

Hi, I've just received a quote for chair covers for our reception venue and it seems a little expensive so wanted to get your opinions. Our venue is charging £3.50 a chair for covers and sashes, which...

Michael, yesterday at 17:01 20 3,121
Louise
Wedding reading help needed.
Louise, 12 July, 2024 at 14:33

Hi! I’m really struggling to find a nice reading for the wedding that has a deeper meaning, is about love and might have the odd funny line in. Have any of you found the perfect reading that sounds...

92Dadu, yesterday at 16:41 36 297
Robby
How to save money
Robby, 4 December, 2024 at 22:30

Where can I save money on, what do people never remember from a wedding that I don't need to put too much thought into?

Hashoo, yesterday at 15:59 44 472
Mrs*W*2B
How far would you travel for an evening do?
Mrs*W*2B, 12 June, 2013 at 21:42

There are a few guests that we don't want to the day but feel they need an invite to some part of the day. would you be offended if you were invited to an evening do approx 3 hours away? They have...

Rao, yesterday at 14:18 51 4,642
E
Pre-wedding arguments and anxiety
ExpensiveOrangeStationery414, 27 June, 2016 at 22:03

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and in desperate need of some impartial advice from people who do't know me. I got engaged in October 2015 and am due to get married on 6/7/16. We've agreed to have...

Дмитрий, yesterday at 13:05 12 2,964
D
Table Plan size!
dlees81, 11 May, 2012 at 11:26

Me again! We've worked out who's on which table now, and I mocked up a comparatively 'dense' table plan on bits of A4, my final attempt reached A3 size, but I think the finished product ought to be in...

Jack, yesterday at 13:01 24 13,887
smilesjp
Best Foundation?
smilesjp, 9 July, 2014 at 17:02

I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...

Ali, yesterday at 12:57 65 2,968
E
How important is a dance floor?
Evon, 29 August, 2023 at 23:58

We are recently engaged and have 2 venues that we are looking to select as our wedding reception venue. We are planning to have a small, intimate wedding, with around 30 guests. Both the venues are...

Buruj, yesterday at 12:36 4 151 1
Olive
Bar Query - Keg Hire Uk
Olive, 12 February, 2024 at 19:47

Hello! I'm wondering if there's anyone in the UK (Scotland, ideally) who can recommend a keg hire service? The groom wants to serve Tennents, our venue allows us to BYOB, but we'll need to hire the...

Zoro, yesterday at 12:30 27 75
B
Wedding savings account
Bridetobejune18, 29 November, 2016 at 10:11

Hi ? im wanting to opening a savings account for all the family to put into for the big day does anyone have any recommendations on which is the best one going at the momant with the best interest...

Jack, yesterday at 12:24 31 2,916
Four-Little-Monkeys
Final Meeting with the Registrar today
Four-Little-Monkeys, 22 July, 2010 at 09:43

We have our final meeting with the Registrar today before the wedding. I have a copy of our Order of Day which includes the readings etc, chosen the vows etc a and we have already paid in full in...

Nancy, yesterday at 12:10 4 1,327

General groups

Hitched article topics