Planning
Join GroupGet wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.
members
Discussions
We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...
Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of...
I saw a cute idea online where some little quizzes were included in the order of ceremony or on the back of place cards, just as something for guests to do if they're sat waiting. I've used a website...
Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas...
Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...
We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...
Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...
Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...
We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...
I need to be sorting out some ivory card for my table numbers / menus and my seating plan display. In case I need to order it online, what weight (i.e. gsm) should I be looking for? I'm going to have...
Random one I know. We are having speeches Halloween wedding and I am looking for a Micheal Myers scare actor to be our flower girl. I gave no idea where to start with looking anyone got any...
Hello! My partner and I have been looking at videographers but we're not sure we want to pay so much for such a fancy video. We really just want the main parts of our day captured on video so we were...
I am undecided on whether or not to have food in the evening at our wedding. I believe that people will be focused on getting drunk and the food will go to waste but some people have said its nice to...
Hi, I’m looking for venues in Glasgow, Ayrshire or Dumfries and Galloway which can accommodate evening ceremonies followed by a party for up to 80 guests. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Our ceremony and reception are at different venues. Ceremony venue is about 15 minutes by car from where we live. Then ceremony to reception is about 5 minutes by car. I have arranged a car to take OH...
Hi - am now drafting the order of service to show the reverend on Tuesday... what would you say is the best font to use for the words for the hymns in the order of service? Need to be big and clear...
Check out how last year’s winners, Courtney and Adam celebrated their chic £25,000 wedding! Fancy a shot at winning your dream wedding this year? Enter now for a chance to WIN our biggest giveaway of...
I'm sure I'm not the only Hitcher getting married to a man in uniform. What's everyone doing about uniforms/civvy clothes? My OH will wear his RAF uniform, as will his RAF mates. His brother will be...
Hey, we have just booked our October 2026 wedding and noticed I have literally not one bridesmaids but we have groomsmen. Is it weird to have this. I feel we would look of balanced and it’s a bit sad...
Hi, I've just received a quote for chair covers for our reception venue and it seems a little expensive so wanted to get your opinions. Our venue is charging £3.50 a chair for covers and sashes, which...
Hi! I’m really struggling to find a nice reading for the wedding that has a deeper meaning, is about love and might have the odd funny line in. Have any of you found the perfect reading that sounds...
Where can I save money on, what do people never remember from a wedding that I don't need to put too much thought into?
There are a few guests that we don't want to the day but feel they need an invite to some part of the day. would you be offended if you were invited to an evening do approx 3 hours away? They have...
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and in desperate need of some impartial advice from people who do't know me. I got engaged in October 2015 and am due to get married on 6/7/16. We've agreed to have...
Me again! We've worked out who's on which table now, and I mocked up a comparatively 'dense' table plan on bits of A4, my final attempt reached A3 size, but I think the finished product ought to be in...
I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...
We are recently engaged and have 2 venues that we are looking to select as our wedding reception venue. We are planning to have a small, intimate wedding, with around 30 guests. Both the venues are...
Hello! I'm wondering if there's anyone in the UK (Scotland, ideally) who can recommend a keg hire service? The groom wants to serve Tennents, our venue allows us to BYOB, but we'll need to hire the...
Hi ? im wanting to opening a savings account for all the family to put into for the big day does anyone have any recommendations on which is the best one going at the momant with the best interest...
We have our final meeting with the Registrar today before the wedding. I have a copy of our Order of Day which includes the readings etc, chosen the vows etc a and we have already paid in full in...
Do you think September would be too cold to have an outdoor wedding? Just the ceremony itself would be outdoors (weather permitting of course) and then the meal etc would be indoors. Apparently...