• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

22 of July of 2012

4306days 6hours

Discussions

J
Vistaprint/ Wedding Stationery
Jessie_bride, 17 of June of 2012 at 11:43

Hi, I've been having a look at some of the invites on Vistaprint and they have some nice designs, and at 10 for £10 ish they are good value. Has anyone used them and what are your thoughts? Any...

Mrswebb2b, sunday 17-Jun-12 5
cford09
Glitzy Secrets - Discount code? UPDATE - Got one!
cford09, 9 of May of 2012 at 10:47

Hi girls, I've got my heart set on a few bits from Glitzy Secrets and was just wondering if anyone has a discount code? I can't find one online but the other day, a lovely hitcher sent me an e-mail...

unexpectedpenny, thursday 23-Aug-12 26
M
Desperate for Glitzy Secrets Code
Mrswebb2b, 2 of June of 2012 at 08:05

Anyone? Please!! xx

Mrswebb2b, saturday 2-Jun-12 355
SadieButterfly
Table Plans?
SadieButterfly, 29 of April of 2012 at 13:23

What table plans are you all having? We need to think of ideas for ours and i haven't a clue where to start looking!!

Mrs C, tuesday 19-Jun-12 32
50's pin up bride
A make up query - especially for MAC fans!
50's pin up bride, 25 of April of 2012 at 20:44

I'm doing my own wedding make-up - I desperately needed to update my make up collection anyway, so I had numerous consultations and fell in love with MAC make up. I've since had a make up lesson with...

Mrswebb2b, thursday 26-Apr-12 14
Loopz
Paying the venue
Loopz, 24 of April of 2012 at 17:45

How far in advance do you guys have to pay your venue? We get married 28th March next year and have just had a letter explaining that we need to pay the rest of the costs for the venue (venue only,...

Loopz, wednesday 25-Apr-12 11
O
confetti - do we provide it?
olderbride, 23 of April of 2012 at 21:52

In the past and at all weddings i have been to over the years if i wanted confetti i have bought it and taken it along with me. However reading on this forum i seem to be picking up that some brides...

Sloth, tuesday 24-Apr-12 12
H
Does this idea sound weird?
helenfg, 23 of April of 2012 at 13:29

Our ceremony is at the same place as our reception and our toastmaster suggested the bride and groom should go for a little drive in our hire car after the ceremony to have a few minutes to ourselves...

venart, monday 23-Apr-12 20
charliebucket
Question: When do you give your wedding party their gifts?
charliebucket, 23 of April of 2012 at 12:31

This may seem like a silly question but I always thought that you gave our gifts during the speeches but have got the impression from reading the forums on hitched that this is done in the morning of...

charliebucket, monday 23-Apr-12 14
Purple Pixie
Gifts for hotel bedrooms
Purple Pixie, 23 of April of 2012 at 15:11

I'd like to put a little gift/goody bag in our guests hotel rooms to thank them for coming. Unfortunately it's not a cheap hotel so we really appreciate the effort everybody's putting in to coming....

2b_MrsB, monday 23-Apr-12 9
B
Your story...
Bathsheeba, 21 of April of 2012 at 02:06

I do apologise if this has already been done but it would be nice if it hasn't. I did search but didn't find anything. Now that's out the way... How did you meet? What attracted you to each other? A...

Maltey, monday 23-Apr-12 39 1
W
Bird cage card holder - how to decorate?
Wherts2b, 20 of April of 2012 at 16:15

I'm having this as my card holder but don't know how to make it clear its for cards, and whether I need to decorate it anyway? Having a vintagey theme with pastel colours. Ideas appreciated!

Wherts2b, monday 23-Apr-12 12
mummymrs2b
Your cake.. What are you having and how much?
mummymrs2b, 21 of April of 2012 at 17:09

I've been to see the cake lady today and just wondering what cakes your all having (or had) and how much your spending? I'm a bit confused what to go for now after visiting the shop, there's so many...

Tizzie, wednesday 25-Apr-12 45
Storky
Question re buying bits for your wedding
Storky, 28 of March of 2012 at 13:53

Hello wedding planners! When you're buying random bits and pieces for your weddings, where do you tend to look? Would you look on the For Sale board here or hear straight to somewhere like eBay? I'm...

jojo2, wednesday 28-Mar-12 21
M
Make up finishing spray
Mrswebb2b, 28 of March of 2012 at 14:05

Can anyone recommend a good finishing spray that you spray once your make up is complete to set it?

Juliet Cunnington (M, wednesday 28-Mar-12 2 604
Jokaty82
Skin Improvement for Wedding & Face Powder Help
Jokaty82, 28 of March of 2012 at 09:38

Well in a bid to get my skin nice and clear and glowing for the wedding, I started a new routine with 3 months to go. I bought (after reading so many reviews) Sanctuary from Boots Hot Cloth Cleanser,...

Mrswebb2b, wednesday 28-Mar-12 7
Pinky6
June 2012 Brides
Pinky6, 9 of February of 2012 at 10:12

We haven't had an update recently so thought I would see what we are all up to and how your getting on?! We hit our '4 months to go' yesterday so I'm getting seriously exited now. We haven't got too...

eeyoring, tuesday 27-Mar-12 49
cford09
How much is everyone paying / budgeting for flowers?
cford09, 26 of March of 2012 at 21:51

Flowers are pretty much our last of the 'big' things to organise and, as with most things, I'm not sure what I should be looking at price wise. We need my bouquet, 2 BM handtieds, 2 flower girl...

HayleyMay, tuesday 27-Mar-12 22
xMissyLoux
Teeth Whitening Advice
xMissyLoux, 24 of March of 2012 at 11:18

Has anyone tried any form of teeth whitening before and was it successful or unsuccessful? I'm interested in hearing about any type of teeth whitening but in particular has anyone tried any home...

ExpensiveIvoryFlower, thursday 1-Feb-18 16
charlottelucy
Glitzy Secrets...
charlottelucy, 25 of March of 2012 at 19:58

Evening ladies, just wondered if any of you had any feedback on glitzy secrets headbands and side tiaras as im considering ordering this one:

Mrswebb2b, monday 26-Mar-12 5
M
Gorgeous Aisle Track
Mrswebb2b, 22 of March of 2012 at 15:36

Just stumbled across this beautiful track, brought tears to my eyes. Going to walk down the aisle to this Thought id share a snippit i found on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tiZHVMvNPA ...

FaeBelle13, thursday 22-Mar-12 2 639
cford09
Table Centrepieces - DIY or worth splashing out?
cford09, 22 of March of 2012 at 12:32

Hi everyone! Just wondering what you guys are doing/did about centrepieces for your tables at your reception? I'm horrified at how much florists want to charge for a display and have been thinking...

maxinegallie, thursday 22-Mar-12 11
Purple Pixie
Personalised stickers
Purple Pixie, 20 of March of 2012 at 08:07

Does anybody know a web-site that can produce stickers from your own design? I know I could use normal sheets of office type sticky labels but I'd prefer round ones with a better quality of print....

MrsP2012, tuesday 20-Mar-12 11
MrsLtobe
No idea what to get OH for a present!
MrsLtobe, 17 of March of 2012 at 18:27

Hey all I want to get my OH a present to open on the morning of our wedding day, but I'm struggling to think of ideas! He collects snowglobes (ironically I hope! haha) so thought a bride and groom...

Mrswebb2b, monday 19-Mar-12 10
Figs
Anyone bought bridesmaid dresses from Very?
Figs, 18 of March of 2012 at 20:17

Just wondering how generous the sizes are??

lurvlytwink, monday 19-Mar-12 3
L
personalised gift - pageboy?
LeicesterBride, 12 of March of 2012 at 15:57

My 4 yr old daughter is our flower girl and we're getting her a bracelet with little discs on it with each of our initials, showing the joining of us all as a family (I knw, a bit beyond her really,...

olderbride, tuesday 13-Mar-12 7
pandorasbox
Anyone NOT having table names, just numbers?
pandorasbox, 4 of March of 2012 at 15:25

OH and I aren't bothered about naming our tables anything specific and not having a theme so keeping it simple with numbers and 'top table'. Lots of hitchers seem to be having names, and lots of my...

2b_MrsB, monday 5-Mar-12 14
DarkMoomin
Real Petal confetti
DarkMoomin, 17 of February of 2012 at 22:58

Hey guys, Sorry for being full of the questions today - you know when you have a day of just getting stuff sorted out? Anyway - realised yesterday that although we told guests we are only allowed real...

Winterflower, thursday 26-Apr-12 24
*Ducky*
Custom Converse? UPDATED! Ours arrived *Flash*
*Ducky*, 17 of February of 2012 at 14:05

I have this innate ability to find unecessary, but really cool cr*p. I was thinking of getting some comfy shoes to wear for the evening and Mr DB has already expressed an interest in getting some...

nemi, friday 23-May-14 77
xMissyLoux
Table crystals
xMissyLoux, 15 of February of 2012 at 17:45

Random question but are all table crystals the same? I know they come in different sizes and that you can get genuine swarovski ones or just glass/rhinestone type ones but then are all the...

xMissyLoux, monday 27-Feb-12 5
Mrs_imp
Personalised stickers
Mrs_imp, 7 of February of 2012 at 20:54

Does anyone remember which OM it was that had personalised stickers made for their confetti bags? I want to do something similar for mine and have been trying to order the stickers. I have been...

gemchoo, wednesday 8-Feb-12 18
helenparki
Wishing Well / Postbox alternatives
helenparki, 1 of February of 2012 at 14:27

We have asked for vouchers or money as our wedding gift and rather than using the same Wishing Wells / Postboxes to collect the cards in, is there anything different? What are you using?

3d jewellery, sunday 5-Feb-12 21

General groups

Hitched article topics