• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

15 of September of 2017

2418days 19hours

Discussions

H
Wedding venue issues
HappyGreenCakes803, 13 of September of 2017 at 01:15

Hello, All I'd be grateful for a sanity check and some advice! So I got married in the early summer, and had a great day, but there were some issues with the venue, mainly after the event. Ours was a...

MrsPtoB, tuesday 19-Sep-17
E
Speech Etiquette!
ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 9 of September of 2017 at 11:16

Hi, I am having various speeches at my wedding but not sure who should go when! I can only find etiquette on the standard FOB, Groom, Best Man line up! How best would it work? I have my mother, my...

Chris Giles Photogra, sunday 10-Sep-17 4
E
Anyone else not booking a photographer?
ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 6 of September of 2017 at 17:15

Hi! My partner and I have decided not to have a professional photographer. The quotes we were getting were simply astronomical, the ones which weren't left a lot to be desired! We really don't like...

PhotographybyBillHad, tuesday 16-Apr-24 40 1
B
Wedding Shoes
Blondie_bride, 6 of September of 2017 at 21:40

Hi all, I am struggling choosing some wedding shoes and need a bit of inspiration, I thought it would be nice if everyone could share theirs too! So lets see those lovely shoes! xx

Littlemy, thursday 15-Jul-21 20
S
We did it!!!
SomethingBlue11, 3 of September of 2017 at 16:48

Just a quick pic or two of yesterday. The weather was gorgeous, it all came together and everyone had such a great time! I was on the dance floor from beginning to end!

MrsPtoB, monday 4-Sep-17 3
M
Preparing for all weathers! What to wear over dress?
MrsPtoB, 4 of September of 2017 at 10:15

So it's less than 2 weeks until our big day! Eek. It's such a rubbish day today that it has given me that extra boot up the bum to decide on if I should get something to wear over my dress incase the...

JessNav, tuesday 5-Sep-17 5
S
Can we have a dress flash please?!
SkyBlueBride2019, 3 of September of 2017 at 12:26

I haven't been able to find a dress flash thread on here for recently so thought I'd attempt to start one! So ladies... Flash us your dress! I bought mine last week and want any excuse to show it off!...

MrsPtoB, monday 4-Sep-17 2
M
Registrar wants a paragraph about us...
MrsPtoB, 30 of August of 2017 at 20:50

I have no idea what to say for this part. The registrar has requested a snapshot of 'our story'. We have been together for 13 years and have 3 children. I don't want her to go into detail about the...

ExpensiveYellowConfe, thursday 31-Aug-17 1 317
L
Are we being rude?
Lusciouslittlebluebellx, 23 of August of 2017 at 15:00

So my future hubby and I are in a bit of a pickle. His best friend is going to be our best man, and his wife will be our photogtrapher. They have a 1 year old daughter, however, with their...

HappyRedFlowers501, thursday 31-Aug-17 18
C
Is 12 months to plan a crazy idea?
Caroline88xx, 3 of August of 2017 at 11:21

Hello! I got engaged last month so we're currently looking at dates/venues.

TheNewMrsChan, monday 21-Aug-17 6
L
Comfy Shoes
Lilacbouquet, 31 of July of 2017 at 16:35

I am after comfy shoes that will be able to stay on my feet all day & night without the need to take them off. Has anyone found a good make that really works? I've tried a pair of Rainbow Club...

Willows2B, thursday 3-Aug-17 3
T
Turning people away after the ceremony
Travellingbride2b, 22 of July of 2017 at 21:19

Hi all, We are in the middle of deciding where to have the ceremony for our wedding. Although we like the idea of a ceremony at our church, it is not te prettiest of buildings, and is 30-40 minutes...

Sorbet, thursday 3-Aug-17 16
M
No evening entertainment, small wedding. Panic!
MrsPtoB, 25 of July of 2017 at 12:39

Hey! So we are getting married at a beautiful castle and then have a meal organised for guests. It's a small wedding. 24 people in total including us and our children. We decided not to have evening...

FutureMrsT123, wednesday 26-Jul-17 6
MetalBride
Anyone else wish people would think first?
MetalBride, 13 of July of 2017 at 09:50

So let's share some of the ridiculous things family members have said about our weddings just to get it off our chests (some of it is hurtful some just down right annoying). It's not the day I wanted...

Wigglemish, wednesday 16-Aug-17 39
S
Wedding reading for my friend to say at the church ceremony
SomethingBlue11, 21 of July of 2017 at 19:58

Thought this would be easy but I'm finding it hard to find a reading for my friend to say at our church service. At the moment they all seem to be in the first person like 'I love you when...' etc...

Catlady28, tuesday 25-Jul-17 5
B
Small Wedding
BlueBerry91, 16 of July of 2017 at 18:09

I have only just started with the planning for my wedding and already seem to be at a loss with all the things that have to be decided. I don't want to spend a stupid amount of money on a single day...

Sorbet, saturday 29-Jul-17 10
M
Flat shoes?
MrsPtoB, 25 of June of 2017 at 11:53

Is anyone wearing flat shoes? I need some suggestions. People keep telling me that I must wear heels but I rarely wear heels and our wedding ceremony is at a castle with around 300 steps to go up and...

CraigSpence, tuesday 5-Oct-21 5
Chapples
We're married! Very quick flash
Chapples, 3 of July of 2017 at 14:33

I'm waiting for some official photos before I do a proper report but we did it! 17th June so just over two weeks ago, it was an amazing day! Stiflingly hot & we weren't really dressed...

Chapples, monday 17-Jul-17 11
Mrs_Conduct
We did it!! 3rd June
Mrs_Conduct, 29 of June of 2017 at 15:56

Hi Everyone! Only a very quick post to say Hi to everyone, I'm back in work as a Mrs after the most amazing day and honeymoon. It was everything I can have ever dreamt of, and more! I will do a...

MrsPtoB, tuesday 4-Jul-17 9
Bacchant
We Did It! - Mini Flash
Bacchant, 3 of July of 2017 at 11:34

We got married on the 24th June and it was utterly amazing. Everything went perfectly, and all the things I'd worried about going wrong didn't!! We had loads of people saying it was the best wedding...

katiepoppycat, friday 7-Jul-17 6
R
Planning a small wedding
RomanticPurpleConfetti835, 2 of July of 2017 at 21:38

Hi! Just got engaged last week and looking at venues is frying my brain. I am talking to my friends and they have spent ÂŁ16/ÂŁ20k to get married which we can no way afford. We are only planning a small...

Paula @ Ollievision, friday 7-Jul-17 3
H
Awkward Venue
HappyIvoryBridesmaid871, 23 of June of 2017 at 22:45

Both my fiance and I are previously divorced and eagerly looking forward to getting married again. However, we have come to blows over the venue. The sticking point is that he desperately wants a...

DreamsComeTrue2015, tuesday 27-Jun-17 2
M
Which shops sell mini mason jars?
MrsPtoB, 24 of June of 2017 at 19:00

I live on a small island so there's very little shopping options here and postage from mainland UK can get a bit crazy. We will be in Aberdeenshire in July and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some...

JoAndRob2018, thursday 29-Jun-17 5 953
S
Who's paying for the wedding?
SunnyGoldHair813, 7 of June of 2017 at 09:41

Hi all, Finally writing a post after months of lurking, reading through everyone elses threads! I’m getting married in a month and extremely excited. This forum has helped me loads with questions I’ve...

Scottish_Sarah, monday 26-Jun-17 36
S
Mid August - bad?
SunnyGreenCars840, 1 of June of 2017 at 15:14

So to cut a long story short, we've provisionally booked our wedding for 17th August next year. However a lot of family are giving input and saying it's a bad time weather-wise, as it's likely to rain...

SunnyBlueDecor836, thursday 20-Jul-17 14
M
Should we provide a meal for photographer/wedding day planner?
MrsPtoB, 10 of May of 2017 at 19:11

Just wondering if we should be providing a meal for the photographer and the wedding planner who will be with us on the day to make sure everything runs smoothly? I would think yes but I don't...

Bobbys_Girl, tuesday 16-May-17 15
R
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 of May of 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

Byron, friday 12-Nov-21 9
MetalBride
Question for those of you with children.
MetalBride, 14 of April of 2017 at 09:08

My wedding is going to have a lot of alcohol, some of my friends are heavy drinkers and sing VERY inappropriate songs. We're having live rock'n'roll bands and the actual venue has uneven flooring...

MetalBride, friday 21-Apr-17 6

General groups

Hitched article topics