Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,752
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, monday 5-Oct-26 66 1,065 11
C
Timeline
Charlotte, 25 July, 2025 at 21:39

I'm struggling with our timeline, we are having quite a casual day as the legal ceremony will have already happened. So far I've got this below. Any advice on when you'd do the cake cutting and do...

Zoi, 3 minutes ago 16 146
C
Maid of Honour Drama
Claire, 13 August, 2025 at 09:15

Hi all, I need some advise on concerns ive have with my maid of honour. She has been my best friend for years and when we got engaged she was straight away saying she cant wait to be involved and...

Naoh, 8 minutes ago 6 184
Sarah
Vow Renewal / anniversary celebration
Sarah, 6 March, 2024 at 15:34

Hey everyone, I got married 10th June last year and my day didn't go to plan (well my plan) at all. A combination of hair and make up artist stress which led to a very frosty and awkward wedding...

Julie, 14 minutes ago 14 535
J
Free Videographer (for portfolio)
John, 4 March, 2024 at 13:56

Hi Everyone, New videographer here just looking to try and branch out and obtain some more experience in shooting weddings and producing a nice product for people. I have basic experience in filming...

Harry, 17 minutes ago 7 143 1
Dani
Do these wedding pros have all the answers? Let’s find out! 👀
Dani, 11 February, 2025 at 10:19

Want to catch the rest of the podcast and more - click below, happy listening! 👇

Evan, 38 minutes ago 11 45
Mike
Delete/ change web attendees menu
Mike, 19 September, 2024 at 18:18

Hi all, Is there way to change or even set the menu for you invitees? When testing, I go to the attendance page, search a person and when choosing if I am coming or not, there is a menu list with...

Parcon, 47 minutes ago 13 118
Kelly
Dance floor
Kelly, 23 January, 2026 at 09:25

Hello, I am getting married in May 2026 in West Sussex. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a dance floor hire company. I am ideally looking for a white lit floor. Thank you!

Jack, an hour ago 28 161
B
The blazing donkey, sandwich, Kent
Becca, 19 August, 2025 at 17:11

Please check reviews on Google, bride sites, and search Richard Martin court cases before you book here Richard promised us the world and took half of the money upfront making us pay the rest monthly,...

Drist029ity, an hour ago 3 159
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

berbas, an hour ago 17 140
C
Timeline idea
Christine, 2 March, 2025 at 08:16

Hi I’m trying to get a rough timeline together so I can plan do you think I need to change anything or is this ok ?

Alax, 2 hours ago 7 197 1
M
Stag do weekend before the wedding?
mkw, 15 June, 2015 at 20:42

My OH mentioned the other day that he is considering having his stag do the weekend before the wedding and asked if I would mind. Assuming they don't shave his head or anything I'm perfectly fine with...

Wafa, 2 hours ago 12 1,325
Z
Entertainment ideas
Zoë, 21 November, 2023 at 15:09

Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️

Willium, 4 hours ago 48 696 1
RomanticBrownDiamonds829
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 May, 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

SEBT16, 6 hours ago 18 6,473
Pookie8911
Wed2B
Pookie8911, 11 June, 2016 at 21:17

Hi! Has anyone bought their dress from Wed2B? I've only tried on 'designer' dresses so far, and wanted to try on something less expensive just before I make the definite decision about spending a...

Deva, yesterday at 22:33 85 17,518
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Oliviaava, yesterday at 20:18 45 616 5
M
Newbie needing help with wedding venue
MrsPennyfathertoB, 9 August, 2016 at 22:29

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and this is my first post on the forum. So I guess the first thing I need to do is find somewhere to get married, but that seems easier said than done. I have a list of...

Work, yesterday at 17:52 14 2,440
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Harry, yesterday at 13:40 247 2,363
L
Marquee on family land? Help!
Loulou1986, 11 June, 2013 at 21:10

Just wrote a whole message and it got deleted! Argh! First post so hello everyone! We just got engaged last friday and I have been looking a venues. I am not too into hotel type but more barn,...

Playonline, yesterday at 13:07 27 3,626
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

Rehana, yesterday at 12:45 148 2,103 2
Terri
Travel time??
Terri, 20 September, 2023 at 14:57

Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the...

Master, yesterday at 12:27 34 375
porkchop
Changing name on driving licence
porkchop, 4 October, 2012 at 14:44

Now I'm an old married I'm trying to sort out all the changing of name stuff! Have tried a search but all questions seems to be about certificates, rather than what I need to know! I'm probably just...

Usman, yesterday at 11:54 70 52,882
Emily
Basketball Arcade Game
Emily, 7 October, 2023 at 16:23

Hey everyone, I wondered if anyone knew of a supplier who could arrange a basketball arcade game to our wedding in Sussex? It's a bit of a difficult one to google so thought I would ask on here!

Verna, yesterday at 11:50 98 922 2
laineywhu
Confetti
laineywhu, 5 July, 2010 at 21:55

Is anyone else not having confetti at their weddings? basically we can have confetti at the registry office but we decided against it, basically the way i see it is im gonna spend all day trying to...

Syed, yesterday at 11:21 59 2,393
P
Planning Timeline
Poppy, 19 June, 2025 at 19:45

Hi everyone! I have recently got engaged and we have decided on 2028 as the year to get married. The wedding planning space is quite overwhelming but I’m so excited to get going with it. If you...

Rehana, yesterday at 11:08 51 881 3
Anna
Planning
Anna, 1 August, 2023 at 21:13

Hey! What did it do you find as the hardest part to plan with your wedding? Would you consider hiring a wedding planner and if not, why?

Barak, yesterday at 11:06 15 368 1
Carys
Wedding help!
Carys, 29 January, 2026 at 19:42

Hello there We're a newly engaged couple who isn't too sure where to start. Looking at a lot of venues is quiet overwhelming and there just so much that needs to be looked at. I think I've made a good...

Alex, yesterday at 10:48 35 398
M
Wedding Cars!
MrsMarshall2B260517, 5 July, 2016 at 15:33

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with wedding cars! I've always said that I'd like a vintage fiat 500 on my wedding day, but now I've ordered my dress I've realised there is no way I would fit in...

Alex, yesterday at 10:42 31 1,992
Shantelle
Planning a wedding last minute
Shantelle, 30 January, 2025 at 17:15

Has anyone had experience planning a wedding last minute on a small budget? Very stressed all tips welcome! (Family member very ill with cancer reason for the rush)

Momina, yesterday at 10:03 45 935
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Local, yesterday at 09:18 24 186 1
L
How did you play your music at your registry office wedding?
Lauren, 15 February, 2024 at 14:04

Hi, We have got our songs planned for our ceremony but was wondering what people found the best way to play them? I feel burning a CD is quite old fashioned now but is the Bluetooth option reliable?...

Webresourcehub, yesterday at 09:03 13 1,679
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Clibrestock, yesterday at 08:50 160 34,497

General groups

Hitched article topics