Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,355
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

Naedr, 33 minutes ago 925 5,058
RuthG
Using hazard lights to thank another driver??
RuthG, 23 December, 2008 at 22:50

Is using your hazard lights to thank another driver common practice on the roads? Is there any rule to say you shouldn't do it?

Raghavtib, 2 hours ago 31 3,189
R
Wedding Renovation Ideas for Our Home!
Rcciviloz, 2 January, 2025 at 06:41

Hi everyone, We recently got married (yay!) and are finally settling into our home. After all the wedding chaos, we’ve realized that our house could use some serious renovations to make it more...

IRank, 4 hours ago 59 855
Pittabre
Tooth extraction or root canal
Pittabre, 12 December, 2013 at 14:11

Which would you go for? My tooth has accidentally been killed and they have offered me the two above choices. I don't really want to lose my tooth but I suffer from TMJD which makes having my mouth...

Mohsin, 4 hours ago 29 3,273
J
Betting on speeches at weddings?
JuniperConroy, 3 July, 2009 at 11:03

Hey, Those Paddy Power wedding speech sweepstake kits arrived today and look better then expected! They're in cream envelopes that you put on each table. Given that most tables at weddings that i've...

Mohsin, 5 hours ago 45 4,057
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

Andrew, 5 hours ago 59 405
Cazpot88
Food
Cazpot88, 14 August, 2025 at 13:15

Hi beauts, not messaged on here for a while. Our weddings only 8 days away week! Just a quick question for you all. When would be the best time to open our buffet? Our ceremony is a 3pm in our local...

White, yesterday at 17:14 102 637 1
P
help please - polish on a plasma tv screen.. it won't come off
peanut, 19 June, 2009 at 10:49

OMG.. I've just dusted the tv from the finger print splodges of my eldest and there must have been polish on the cloth and its smeared on the screen.. it won't come off.. I've found the wee blue...

Mohsin, yesterday at 13:06 69 13,348
B
Anyone managed to get into a terramundi money pot without smashing it??
, 10 June, 2008 at 21:50

I have a really nice one of these banks and really don't want to smash it...but it's got loads of cash in it and I want it for my holdays. I've tried using a nail file to file down the coin slot but...

Aqib, yesterday at 09:54 265 38,081
Naboo
Any one a bit medical or good with burns??? help please
Naboo, 5 May, 2011 at 12:08

Bit of an odd request but I had a bit of a candle accident and burnt my face, its healing but the skin is still red and a bit dry so hard to cover, does anyone have any tips on thins to help...

Floridaleatherjacket, yesterday at 07:52 17 7,412
WelshTotty
Giving feedback on house viewings without feeling guilty
WelshTotty, 22 June, 2009 at 12:30

I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...

Reading, yesterday at 06:39 21 5,770
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

Haseeb, friday 9-Oct-26 80 764 8
John
Managing Chronic Pain While Planning My Wedding: Any Tips?
John, 16 November, 2024 at 10:53

Hi everyone, I’m currently planning my wedding, but I’ve been dealing with chronic pain that’s been making it hard to focus on all the details. I’m trying to balance my health with wedding...

Elvan, friday 9-Oct-26 15 359
Suds
Anyone had a pet who had ringworm? - Cleaning/disinfecting house
Suds, 25 March, 2009 at 10:32

Yuk. The cat has ringworm and now looks like she has half a head where the vet shaved the infected area. Poor thing, I've just shampooed her and she looks a fright! The other cat is also on the...

Jerry Jacks, friday 9-Oct-26 7 1,823
S
Having laminate flooring in a new build?
SAM83, 3 September, 2009 at 11:30

I am having a new house built and have been told by Persimmon who are building it that we cannot have laminate flooring as its a new house. We went to a carpet shop yesterday to arrange to get a quote...

AuraBet9, friday 9-Oct-26 48 15,289 1
Rod
Defrosting Raw Prawns
Rod, 7 February, 2013 at 16:46

I am making a thai curry tonight using some frozen raw king prawns I bought. I forgot to take them out of the freezer this morning, so am I ok to defrost them in the sink under running water? Thanks...

Jack, friday 9-Oct-26 30 9,902
Sare
Bellini..where can I get the peach bit?
Sare, 15 May, 2008 at 20:54

I'm going to a friend's house for a "Cocktail Sleepover" tommorrow and I said I'd make Bellini's. I have Prosecco but I know the proper version is made with white peach puree, which I can't get hold...

Kasey, friday 9-Oct-26 65 27,930
L
My question is
Liliah, 9 November, 2024 at 17:18

Has anyone who'd have a restaurant called cleaver and wake I'm hoping to celebrate my 28th birthday at that particular location I'm just not sure if the food is any good I would like your opinions it...

Swety, thursday 8-Oct-26 257 1,642 2
Holey
Michelin Star Restaurants - Dress Code Please!
Holey, 31 August, 2012 at 12:54

Last minute help please! We are finally off to the Hand and Flowers in Marlow tomorrow night and I don't know what to wear. Although it is a 2 Michelin Star restaurant it's a 'gastro pub' and when I...

Igfontscloud, thursday 8-Oct-26 28 15,526
M
Film - The Heartbreak Kid
Mrs JMP, 11 February, 2009 at 21:59

Anyone answer this - I know it's on Sky again tonight, but I'm not staying up. The scene when Ben Stiller gets a jelly fish on his back & his wife goes to wee on him, when she pull her trouser...

Alberta, wednesday 7-Oct-26 2 876
B
Cat food - which is best?
, 24 September, 2008 at 19:54

Usually my cat has wet food, she's been having Tesco's Premium Supermeat recently, I tried her on Whiskas but it didn't agree with her, and she turned her nose up at it after a day or so. Then...

Barak, wednesday 7-Oct-26 43 3,163
flissy666
Naughty confessions thread :D
flissy666, 16 August, 2009 at 22:44

You *might* remember me posting a couple of weeks ago about a party that was held in our shared gardens. Well, the lady who organised the party has stored all the leftover booze in the communal cellar...

Sneha, wednesday 7-Oct-26 1,082
JJ
Photographer
JJ, 10 July, 2026 at 13:46

Looking for a photographer at a decent budget .

Joe, tuesday 6-Oct-26 26 149
S
Hanging striped wallpaper sideways!!
Specialkat, 6 September, 2008 at 01:51

I have finally picked the wallpaper for my bedroom and have picked a striped design. The problem is I want to hang it horizontally instead of vertically. Any ideas on how to do this making sure it is...

Ateeq, tuesday 6-Oct-26 12 23,807
Sunset21
Does anyone have an 'L' shaped corner sofa?
Sunset21, 30 June, 2008 at 15:45

Where did you get it from? We ordered a lovely one but then realised it was too big for the space so now we're back to looking. I can't see anything I like so far.

Houseoffurnishes, tuesday 6-Oct-26 16 1,435
Consuela Banana Hammock
House buyers/sellers/anybody else - quick question if I may
Consuela Banana Hammock, 10 August, 2009 at 16:12

Just had a phonecall from the Estate Agents asking if our prospective buyers can come around and measure up. We agreed a sale with them two weeks ago and the survey has been completed (which we assume...

Thomos, tuesday 6-Oct-26 44 5,532
Pickled Eggs
So I have been signed off work but why do I feel so guilty ?
Pickled Eggs, 15 May, 2008 at 18:28

My GP was wonderful, she sat and listened even though I made her surgery run very late. She has decided that it sounds more like anxiety than depression and has signed me off for 2 weeks, I didn't...

LaynxSalt, tuesday 6-Oct-26 19 27,148
P
Reserved a new house. Our buyers pulled out. What would you do? Solicitor help maybe?
Po, 9 July, 2008 at 22:24

If anyone could offer any advice on this I would really appreciate it. We had reserved a new build house on 24th June, our buyers pulled out literally last minute that same day at 4.50pm ( ten mins...

Faiq, tuesday 6-Oct-26 16 3,269
H
Locate my videographer Help!
Hayley, 27 September, 2025 at 04:57

I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...

Mehnaz, tuesday 6-Oct-26 49 355
Nardia
Vow writing
Nardia, 8 May, 2025 at 20:50

Hi My fiancé and I are writing our own vows, I know what I want to write but I don’t know how to start and don’t want to come across to cheesy.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Chris, monday 5-Oct-26 95 807
Mrs S Smith
30th Birthday BBQ - ideas?
Mrs S Smith, 16 June, 2009 at 08:22

Hi all, Jist of it is, it's H's 30th birthday on Friday, and we're planning to hold a bbq for him on Saturday. We have about £20-50 to spend on it, which means it's going to be a Bring-your-own bbq...

John, monday 5-Oct-26 20 5,792
*ginni of the lamp*
Camping food help - what to cook with only one ring?
*ginni of the lamp*, 11 July, 2008 at 18:23

We're going camping next weekend, for a week. I haven't camped for many years and suddenly I'm in charge of camp catering for four. What can I cook, since I have only one ring. The boychild is...

Tokyo, monday 5-Oct-26 35 4,876

General groups

Hitched article topics