Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,771
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, monday 5-Oct-26 66 1,065 11
Pookie8911
Wed2B
Pookie8911, 11 June, 2016 at 21:17

Hi! Has anyone bought their dress from Wed2B? I've only tried on 'designer' dresses so far, and wanted to try on something less expensive just before I make the definite decision about spending a...

Deva, an hour ago 85 17,518
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

Henry, 2 hours ago 16 137
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Oliviaava, 3 hours ago 45 614 5
M
Newbie needing help with wedding venue
MrsPennyfathertoB, 9 August, 2016 at 22:29

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and this is my first post on the forum. So I guess the first thing I need to do is find somewhere to get married, but that seems easier said than done. I have a list of...

Work, 5 hours ago 14 2,440
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Harry, 9 hours ago 247 2,363
Mike
Delete/ change web attendees menu
Mike, 19 September, 2024 at 18:18

Hi all, Is there way to change or even set the menu for you invitees? When testing, I go to the attendance page, search a person and when choosing if I am coming or not, there is a menu list with...

Temp, 10 hours ago 12 115
L
Marquee on family land? Help!
Loulou1986, 11 June, 2013 at 21:10

Just wrote a whole message and it got deleted! Argh! First post so hello everyone! We just got engaged last friday and I have been looking a venues. I am not too into hotel type but more barn,...

Playonline, 10 hours ago 27 3,626
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

Rehana, 10 hours ago 148 2,103 2
Terri
Travel time??
Terri, 20 September, 2023 at 14:57

Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the...

Master, 11 hours ago 34 374
porkchop
Changing name on driving licence
porkchop, 4 October, 2012 at 14:44

Now I'm an old married I'm trying to sort out all the changing of name stuff! Have tried a search but all questions seems to be about certificates, rather than what I need to know! I'm probably just...

Usman, 11 hours ago 70 52,880
Emily
Basketball Arcade Game
Emily, 7 October, 2023 at 16:23

Hey everyone, I wondered if anyone knew of a supplier who could arrange a basketball arcade game to our wedding in Sussex? It's a bit of a difficult one to google so thought I would ask on here!

Verna, 11 hours ago 98 921 2
B
The blazing donkey, sandwich, Kent
Becca, 19 August, 2025 at 17:11

Please check reviews on Google, bride sites, and search Richard Martin court cases before you book here Richard promised us the world and took half of the money upfront making us pay the rest monthly,...

Kanedavid56, 11 hours ago 2 157
laineywhu
Confetti
laineywhu, 5 July, 2010 at 21:55

Is anyone else not having confetti at their weddings? basically we can have confetti at the registry office but we decided against it, basically the way i see it is im gonna spend all day trying to...

Syed, 12 hours ago 59 2,393
P
Planning Timeline
Poppy, 19 June, 2025 at 19:45

Hi everyone! I have recently got engaged and we have decided on 2028 as the year to get married. The wedding planning space is quite overwhelming but I’m so excited to get going with it. If you...

Rehana, 12 hours ago 51 881 3
Anna
Planning
Anna, 1 August, 2023 at 21:13

Hey! What did it do you find as the hardest part to plan with your wedding? Would you consider hiring a wedding planner and if not, why?

Barak, 12 hours ago 15 368 1
Carys
Wedding help!
Carys, 29 January, 2026 at 19:42

Hello there We're a newly engaged couple who isn't too sure where to start. Looking at a lot of venues is quiet overwhelming and there just so much that needs to be looked at. I think I've made a good...

Alex, 12 hours ago 35 397
M
Wedding Cars!
MrsMarshall2B260517, 5 July, 2016 at 15:33

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with wedding cars! I've always said that I'd like a vintage fiat 500 on my wedding day, but now I've ordered my dress I've realised there is no way I would fit in...

Alex, 12 hours ago 31 1,992
Shantelle
Planning a wedding last minute
Shantelle, 30 January, 2025 at 17:15

Has anyone had experience planning a wedding last minute on a small budget? Very stressed all tips welcome! (Family member very ill with cancer reason for the rush)

Momina, 13 hours ago 45 934
Dani
Do these wedding pros have all the answers? Let’s find out! 👀
Dani, 11 February, 2025 at 10:19

Want to catch the rest of the podcast and more - click below, happy listening! 👇

Alex, 13 hours ago 9 36
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Local, 14 hours ago 24 186 1
L
How did you play your music at your registry office wedding?
Lauren, 15 February, 2024 at 14:04

Hi, We have got our songs planned for our ceremony but was wondering what people found the best way to play them? I feel burning a CD is quite old fashioned now but is the Bluetooth option reliable?...

Webresourcehub, 14 hours ago 13 1,679
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Clibrestock, 14 hours ago 160 34,497
Natalie
What to do the night before the wedding?
Natalie, 7 May, 2025 at 19:55

Hello! Getting married in a little over a year. The venue does not have any accommodation apart from a honeymoon suite the night of the wedding. However we can use their bridal suite from 8:15 to get...

Wingstop.com/survey, 15 hours ago 107 1,442
L
Band or dj ??
Lucy, 6 March, 2026 at 10:05

Band or DJ ?? This decision is really hanging us up, we just can not decide. Probs and cons / experiences would be greatlyAppreciated. X

Sarve043swaray, 15 hours ago 2 29
J
Can you get married anywhere?!
Jd, 7 October, 2023 at 00:41

Hi, Recently engaged and thinking about where we want to marry. I’ve read online about a possible change in law where you can marry outside anywhere? We’d love to get married in my parents garden but...

Theodore, 16 hours ago 6 476
J
Looking for a Michael Myers (halloween) flower girl
Jane, 7 July, 2026 at 23:20

Random one I know. We are having speeches Halloween wedding and I am looking for a Micheal Myers scare actor to be our flower girl. I gave no idea where to start with looking anyone got any...

Alax, 16 hours ago 8 70 1
J
Wedding with a baby
Joanne, 2 January, 2026 at 10:01

Hi all I just wondered if anyone had their 4 month old baby at their wedding and how that looked? We booked out wedding a year ago and then in typical fashion got pregnant and we've just had our baby....

Shehnaaz, 17 hours ago 25 179
K
Cousins
katie_turner_uk84@hotmail.com, 29 January, 2025 at 15:14

Can anyone give me some advice with the wedding guest list. I am closer to some cousins than others..plus they have kids. Do I invite some cousins and not all? Don't want to upset anyone!

Willium, 18 hours ago 21 208
E
Venue deposit
ExpensiveIvoryDecor809, 11 September, 2017 at 01:39

I've fallen in love with a wedding venue where we would be for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception. It's quite a grand venue and the overall cost comes to just over £10,000. We don't have a...

Lee, yesterday at 23:22 7 9,349
A
No idea where to start - Bristol based send help!
Ana-Maria, 1 September, 2025 at 19:21

We've been egaged a few months and have already checked out a few venues. However.. they've all been like £15k not including photograpgher, accomodation, outfits etc etc. Does anyone know of any...

Gilberto, yesterday at 23:00 16 155
L
wedding cake
Lou37, 1 November, 2016 at 12:11

Hi I just dont know what to do about the wedding cake! Never really thought it was a biggy in terms of other things for the wedding. I would like chocolate sponge as hate fruit cake but H2B says if...

Superdia, yesterday at 22:41 12 1,721 1

General groups

Hitched article topics