Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,765
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, monday 28-Sep-26 64 1,050 11
E
Yorkshire venues
Emma, 15 June, 2025 at 15:09

Hi all, newly engaged and starting planning! I'm looking for a barn type venue where we can have an afternoon wedding and go straight into the evening Does anyone know anywhere in the Yorkshire area...

Jack, 30 seconds ago 30 156 1
Sarah
Guest transportation
Sarah, 7 May, 2023 at 01:56

When it comes to transport for your guests who should pay? We are having our ceremony and reception in the same place but, do we provide transportation for day and evening guests or not?

Harry, 24 minutes ago 16 520
M
Changing ceremony time
Mrs-S-to-be, 4 July, 2014 at 21:45

I've been away for a week and come back full of questions! We booked our ceremony for 3pm but as the planning gets further along I feel like it should be at the earlier slot (1.30) - has anyone...

Joe, 24 minutes ago 32 3,452
Cora
What would be the ideal start time for a ceremony within a venue?
Cora, 25 September, 2025 at 12:27

We are having our ceremony in the venue and was curious when you should have the start time? and if anyone else has done this previously would you advise staying at the location the night before?

Jerico, 35 minutes ago 58 371
VikingPrincess
1st Wedding Coordinator Meeting - what to ask?
VikingPrincess, 15 November, 2010 at 21:12

Hi, everyone! Our venue is providing us with a wedding coordinator both before and on the day - it will be the same person (I have heard of brides who ended up with a new person on the day and hadn't...

James, 46 minutes ago 6 4,676 1
L
National wedding show
Lisacarmel, 31 August, 2023 at 14:16

Has anyone been? I am getting married abroad so just want an idea if it’s still worth going to or is all venues, photographers, cakes etc that I can’t use. Is there many bridal accessories available?...

Joe, an hour ago 30 133 1
Aimz87
Hitched Table Planner
Aimz87, 12 March, 2013 at 14:20

Does anyone know how to use this thing??? I cant seem to move people to tables or move the actual tables themselves. Please help

Freefirenicknames, an hour ago 127 2,590
N
Collecting guest photos
Natalie, 7 September, 2023 at 07:39

What seems to be the best way people have managed to collect wedding photos that their guests have taken throughout the day & night? - Is it creating a QR code/web uploaded app/scripin etc? -...

Joe, 2 hours ago 30 344 1
Kirsty
Cars
Kirsty, 15 February, 2025 at 21:42

Do we are getting married in a church and then off to a big house for wedding reception. However they are both on the same estate! We are both getting ready at the site so no need for pickups....

London, 2 hours ago 34 328
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Amz, 2 hours ago 13 3,301
C
Mp3 player for pa system suggestions
Claire, 8 August, 2024 at 11:32

Hi all, as we're only having a small wedding we haven't hired a DJ and are using a PA Sytem instead (PANIC) rather than having to take my laptop to the venue, does anyone have any suggestions for an...

Nisar, 3 hours ago 22 333 2
Meghan
Budget wedding
Meghan, 11 December, 2025 at 22:21

Hello! I'm planning my day on a tight budget and am wondering if others have done this before (ofc they have), but for those who have, what would you say is the priority to put your money into. My...

Stavesmith1234, yesterday at 18:58 17 475 1
F
Anyone Else Going the Kilt Route for the Wedding? Let's Talk Traditions & Tips!
Finlay, 13 May, 2025 at 12:48

Hi everyone! My partner and I are deep into wedding planning mode, and we've decided to embrace a bit of heritage — kilts for the groomsmen and close family! 🥃🏴 We're doing a bit of a Scottish twist...

Paul, yesterday at 17:36 4 273
KEG
How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!
KEG, 21 January, 2009 at 15:34

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...

Elina, yesterday at 17:07 39 15,085 1
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Lilly, yesterday at 16:52 241 2,327
S
Crete Wedding Renewal/blessing
SunnyYellowHair243, 8 August, 2024 at 16:34

Hello you lovely lot I’m wondering if you could help please!? We are looking to have a blessing/renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and Crete has really taken our eye. We’re planning to elope...

James, yesterday at 15:44 17 69
B
Football themed wedding - help!!!!
bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59

Hi everyone! I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the...

Abdul, yesterday at 15:37 54 15,747
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Dex, yesterday at 15:12 67 723 3
smilesjp
Best Foundation?
smilesjp, 9 July, 2014 at 17:02

I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...

Ayesha, yesterday at 13:19 64 2,964
Megan
When to order the cake
Megan, 2 July, 2026 at 18:30

We’re thinking of getting an M&S or Waitrose cake for the wedding, it’s not until sept 2027, but I’m wondering at what point next year to order!

Jonson, yesterday at 12:38 13 99
rubyfirecracker
HELP - Vinyl Record Label Template
rubyfirecracker, 9 November, 2012 at 19:09

I am looking for a template in word or publisher to make our own custom 7" single record labels (poss table centres). Any ideas?

Tamima, yesterday at 11:49 14 10,192
Kristina
Regretting my made of honour choice
Kristina, 21 August, 2024 at 11:26

Hello everyone , This is a very difficult one . I've only got my maid of honour and 1 bridesmaid. My maid of honour has been a friend to me for 12 years . The problem I have now , we went wedding...

Mohsin, yesterday at 11:40 8 236
2013_Bride_
Those handwriting invitation names...
2013_Bride_, 29 January, 2013 at 13:15

Are you doing it yourself? Or have you asked someone who can do 'posh' handwriting? My mum suggested one of her friends as they can do that special type of writing, but I just think what a palavour?...

Sophia, yesterday at 11:13 40 2,225
mummymrs2b
Hen party? What are you doing?
mummymrs2b, 13 February, 2012 at 12:20

Just wondering what everyone is doing for their hen do? I did think about going abroad for a chilled weekend, but not sure people would want to so thinking maybe Liverpool? After inspiration and ideas...

James, yesterday at 11:03 49 9,025
rainbowbride
wedding venue - Leez Priory
rainbowbride, 18 August, 2012 at 10:43

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and to the whole wedding planning. we have recently viewed Leez Priory and thought it was amazing, i could see myself getting married there and having a perfect day,...

Mohsin, yesterday at 10:46 34 8,929
R
Blessing after wedding abroad??
RossRoxx, 13 February, 2014 at 21:25

Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone has had a blessing back in the UK after a wedding abroad? Me and my fiancé are wanting to fly off to Hawaii, just us two, have a small beach wedding alone and...

Char, yesterday at 09:51 33 11,426
boogiebelle
Postage costs...is a first class stamp enough...
boogiebelle, 14 April, 2009 at 16:01

The invitations weigh between 25-30g Is a first class stamp enough for them? Looked at this site - and I read it that you can have up to 100g covered by a first class stamp. Am I right or reading it...

Carson, yesterday at 09:39 6 2,013
R
Videographer or not to videographer
Rosie, 28 January, 2025 at 17:46

We are getting married in an amazing venue next year, but can't decide whether photos will be enough to truly capture the day. Would be great to hear the pros and cons of getting a videographer? Do...

Theodore, yesterday at 09:11 14 428
Charlotte
No Bridesmaids but groomsmen?
Charlotte, 11 August, 2025 at 15:43

Hey, we have just booked our October 2026 wedding and noticed I have literally not one bridesmaids but we have groomsmen. Is it weird to have this. I feel we would look of balanced and it’s a bit sad...

Keon, yesterday at 08:51 21 265
J
DIY Wedding - show off your makes
Jade the Bride, 28 March, 2015 at 21:01

Is anyone else making a lot of things for their wedding? I have a list as long as my arm, but I am really excited as I am a crafter anyway so the excuse is fab. Sorry if here is already a topic for...

Gareth, yesterday at 08:40 13 2,483 1
S
Catholic Service - no mass
suitably sparkley, 29 April, 2008 at 10:53

Is anyone having a Catholic Wedding without Mass? If so can I ask to see what your order of service is like? My OH isn't Catholic and my priest has suggested we have the wedding wihtout mass, but I've...

Evelyn, yesterday at 08:37 7 5,360

General groups

Hitched article topics