Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,369
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, yesterday at 20:32 64 1,047 11
C
First time wedding.
Cara, 10 December, 2025 at 11:10

Hey people ☺️ Okay so, first time getting married and we're wanting to get married in 2027 around spring. My question is....how the hell do you plan for a wedding?🤣 Its stressing me out already and I...

Anum, 26 minutes ago 25 246
J
Playlist instead of band/dj - help!
Jessica, 3 January, 2024 at 14:57

Hi everyone. I'm getting married in 2 months (eek!) and we have decided to create our own playlist for the evening instead of hiring a band/DJ - we're both passionate about music and would rather have...

I 8, 48 minutes ago 13 129
O
Ideas to entertain the children
Olek, 16 September, 2023 at 17:45

Hello, Does anyone have any ideas for something to entertain children throughout the evening please? I was thinking something like a ball pond. Somewhere that they could entertain themselves and have...

Alexander, 2 hours ago 14 251 1
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Resin, 3 hours ago 64 687 3
E
Dress budget
ExpensiveOrangeCars624, 13 August, 2016 at 15:19

Hi everyone... this is my first post and I'm just wondering how realistic it is that I'll find a dress i LOVE with only a small budget? I have budgeted £1000 for a dress and realistically I can't...

Carry, 4 hours ago 33 5,897
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

Beetv, 5 hours ago 319 3,228 8
P
Berketex Bridal
pooksgirl, 23 July, 2017 at 18:03

Hey folks, I'm starting to look for my dress, and as much as I love some of the ones I've seen online I cannot for the life of me bring myself to pay ££££ for a dress I will wear once (and maybe a few...

Zentisu, 6 hours ago 44 2,555
momai
Photographers
momai, 22 February, 2024 at 10:28

Photographers - how do you know that they are good and that your not going to get ripped off with a rubbish one?

Mi Portal, 6 hours ago 24 275
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 September, 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

He786, 6 hours ago 145 10,857
Daniella
Confetti
Daniella, 27 October, 2024 at 13:57

Hiya, We've been told by our venue that we can have dried lavender flowers for confetti if we are having our ceremony outside. We do hope to have our ceremony outside (weather permitting) but I'm not...

Zentisu, 7 hours ago 104 1,047 1
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Herry, 7 hours ago 240 2,323
louiseketley
I don't want a bouquet... I think!
louiseketley, 16 November, 2013 at 15:24

Am I totally and utterly mental?!!! I'm thinking of going without the bouquet... I have seen a number of ideas for alternatives, but I'm just not sure I really want anything at all... My only...

Stylish, 8 hours ago 32 7,201
tayto
For Fun - Worst wedding speech!
tayto, 4 July, 2013 at 13:40

I'm sure this topic has been done to death but, what was the worst speech you've ever heard? (In a nutshell, that is!) Speaker: Best Man What was so awful: He mentioned the groom's ex girlfriend, in a...

Markmorales, 8 hours ago 35 4,241
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, 8 hours ago 93 1,043
Red Baroness
Guest Books - How Many Pages?
Red Baroness, 29 May, 2012 at 14:10

I'm going to put together a photobook, with blank pages, of images from our pre wedding shoot for our guest book. I know some of you have done similar things. How many blank pages for writing on do...

Help, 8 hours ago 16 892
R
Wedding Breakfast menu/food choice
Rosco, 7 June, 2009 at 10:06

Hi All, it seems 99.9% of venues that have a banqueting style approach to the meal want guests to have the same starter, same main etc etc, which can make for difficult decisions when it comes to...

Zentisu, 8 hours ago 53 12,110
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Mich12, 8 hours ago 11 3,291
Happybluebridesmaid4886
Twilight weddings
Happybluebridesmaid4886, 5 November, 2024 at 13:44

Hi, can anyone reccomend anywhere for a twilight wedding please? Struggling to find many places that do them. Thanks so much in advance

Wubdhcs, 10 hours ago 27 433 1
L
Re-Arranged Wedding. Alternative Entertainment, Games Ideas
LookingForward2020, 16 July, 2020 at 18:25

Hi Everyone, First of all, congratulations to all the brides to be and of course those already married who are reading this. Not sure where to put this question up but I guess here is as good as any....

Bilal, 11 hours ago 132 2,256
smilesjp
Best Foundation?
smilesjp, 9 July, 2014 at 17:02

I have pretty sensitive skin, so during the day i just use a simple mineral foundation. The only issue is it doesn't last all day, and I'm after a foundation that will require as little touch up as...

Up Scholar, 11 hours ago 63 2,959
SingleNoMore
Colouring water in vases - how?
SingleNoMore, 23 January, 2013 at 14:11

After going to a black tie "do" for work last night the table centre pieces had coloured water in the vases and I quite liked it. Our centrepieces are artificial flowers in vases so it doesn't matter...

Soundboard88.com, 11 hours ago 73 8,662
K
Cousins
katie_turner_uk84@hotmail.com, 29 January, 2025 at 15:14

Can anyone give me some advice with the wedding guest list. I am closer to some cousins than others..plus they have kids. Do I invite some cousins and not all? Don't want to upset anyone!

Sophia, 12 hours ago 18 189
M
Streaming wedding on the internet live to guests who can't make it
MaddieR, 27 June, 2010 at 12:28

My father has recently thought of a fantastic idea to stream weddings on the internet live to guests who can't be there. It wouldn't be avaliable for any one to watch as the link would be password...

Yaseen, 12 hours ago 65 3,846
L
Berrow Court - Edgbaston
lucy_x, 16 March, 2012 at 18:03

Hi Everyone We recently went to veiw Berrow Court in Edgbaston/Birmingham and really love the venue itself, but have notcied the is quite a few bad reviews on the place and have been told by a friend...

Madison, 13 hours ago 12 7,689
Z
Entertainment ideas
Zoë, 21 November, 2023 at 15:09

Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️

Hooria, 13 hours ago 46 685 1
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Emily, 13 hours ago 21 172 1
H
Evening Entertainment Opinion for a very small wedding
HappyGoldConfetti513, 7 March, 2016 at 20:47

Hi, my fiance and i are divided over entertainment. Our wedding is max 30 people in a small intimate venue. Do you think a DJ would be best or the other option is having a fun casino with croupiers,...

sahilverma3, 13 hours ago 29 4,155
Nicole
Summer colour scheme ideas
Nicole, 3 February, 2026 at 21:40

Can anyone suggest some summer colour schemes? (all photos welcome)

Natasha, 14 hours ago 5 51
H
Wedding Day schedule/times - midday ceremony
Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019, 24 April, 2018 at 13:59

I'm not getting married until September next year, but our photographers have asked us to get a rough schedule to them asap. We're having a midday ceremony, which will be approx. 1 hour, then were...

Grace, 14 hours ago 6 1,596
B
Free Wedding Content Creation - North West/cheshire/staffordshire
Bethany, 17 April, 2025 at 21:58

Hi everyone, I’m Bethany and I’m just starting out in iPhone wedding content creation and would love to offer my services for free for couples getting married this year in the North...

Muhammad, 14 hours ago 25 472 2
Gina
Lighting idea
Gina, 21 December, 2023 at 17:04

Hi all, Iv bought some led lights (the ones you use for bottles) but I’m stuck of what to do with them…. My Center piece is an led rose battery powered light with candles (battery operated) and a bud...

Theodore, 14 hours ago 6 78

General groups

Hitched article topics