Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,444
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, monday 5-Oct-26 66 1,065 11
R
Postpone or cancel?
Rosie, 30 November, 2024 at 21:18

Hello, my fiancé and I were due to get married this year but due to a variety of reasons including financial, family issues and not getting on we postponed to next June. Sadly things are still...

Ridha, 42 minutes ago 60 1,645 1
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Bronted, an hour ago 25 189 1
Terri
Travel time??
Terri, 20 September, 2023 at 14:57

Hey…. Help… ergh I keep changing my mind about venues. We thought we had one picked out and there’s something about it I’m not sure of, can’t put my finger on what! I figured I’ll know when it’s the...

Usman, an hour ago 35 378
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Legal, 2 hours ago 70 764 3
Charliebob
Expectations Vs. Reality - Selling Wedding Items On..
Charliebob, 8 April, 2016 at 09:22

I just wanted to start a discussion about it and see what other views and opinions other people have. I am not intending to upset anyone, but it's just something I have noticed whilst wedding...

Dash, 5 hours ago 13 2,403
N
Sophie's Wedding Dress - Mamma Mia the Movie
Nephelae, 28 October, 2008 at 14:06

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dresses like the one Sophie wears in the film? I'm pretty sure I don't want a traditional wedding dress and as soon as I saw the dress in the film...

Inat, 6 hours ago 37 45,847
porkchop
Changing name on driving licence
porkchop, 4 October, 2012 at 14:44

Now I'm an old married I'm trying to sort out all the changing of name stuff! Have tried a search but all questions seems to be about certificates, rather than what I need to know! I'm probably just...

Jack, 6 hours ago 71 52,887
B
Favours on the top table
Blinkered, 16 November, 2011 at 22:18

I know this might be a really stupid question, but do you put favours on the top table?!

James, 6 hours ago 9 7,567
P
Post ceremony drink
Purpleshoes13, 17 January, 2017 at 18:19

Hello, I'm struggling to decide on what to serve for our post ceremony drinks. We want to have a local beer as one option and a non alcoholic fizzy drink as another, but unsure what to have for our...

Chanchal, 7 hours ago 3 589
ajdown
Financial gifts in advance made out to Mr & Mrs... help!
ajdown, 13 July, 2011 at 13:08

We've just received our first wedding gift, a cheque from someone who is unable to come, written out to "Mr and Mrs". Obviously we can't set up a joint account yet because "Mrs" does not yet exist,...

sahilverma3, 7 hours ago 23 7,903
Georgina
Advice and Help
Georgina, 19 May, 2025 at 11:38

I'm getting married in January 2026. I have already got people asking me what can they can get us as a wedding present. However, I would rather money putting into an account to help with a deposit for...

Harry, 7 hours ago 21 120
Jordan
Diy- Fun or headache?
Jordan, 16 December, 2025 at 16:36

Has anyone begun any DIY they want to do for their day? There are a few decorations I was considering doing DIY but I also don't want to overdo it. We have a LOT of time before the wedding but I just...

Local, 9 hours ago 23 346 2
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Lilly, 10 hours ago 248 2,375
C
Timeline
Charlotte, 25 July, 2025 at 21:39

I'm struggling with our timeline, we are having quite a casual day as the legal ceremony will have already happened. So far I've got this below. Any advice on when you'd do the cake cutting and do...

Zoi, 10 hours ago 16 150
C
Maid of Honour Drama
Claire, 13 August, 2025 at 09:15

Hi all, I need some advise on concerns ive have with my maid of honour. She has been my best friend for years and when we got engaged she was straight away saying she cant wait to be involved and...

Naoh, 10 hours ago 6 187
Sarah
Vow Renewal / anniversary celebration
Sarah, 6 March, 2024 at 15:34

Hey everyone, I got married 10th June last year and my day didn't go to plan (well my plan) at all. A combination of hair and make up artist stress which led to a very frosty and awkward wedding...

Julie, 10 hours ago 14 535
J
Free Videographer (for portfolio)
John, 4 March, 2024 at 13:56

Hi Everyone, New videographer here just looking to try and branch out and obtain some more experience in shooting weddings and producing a nice product for people. I have basic experience in filming...

Harry, 10 hours ago 7 143 1
Dani
Do these wedding pros have all the answers? Let’s find out! 👀
Dani, 11 February, 2025 at 10:19

Want to catch the rest of the podcast and more - click below, happy listening! 👇

Evan, 11 hours ago 11 45
Mike
Delete/ change web attendees menu
Mike, 19 September, 2024 at 18:18

Hi all, Is there way to change or even set the menu for you invitees? When testing, I go to the attendance page, search a person and when choosing if I am coming or not, there is a menu list with...

Parcon, 11 hours ago 13 118
Kelly
Dance floor
Kelly, 23 January, 2026 at 09:25

Hello, I am getting married in May 2026 in West Sussex. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a dance floor hire company. I am ideally looking for a white lit floor. Thank you!

Jack, 11 hours ago 28 161
B
The blazing donkey, sandwich, Kent
Becca, 19 August, 2025 at 17:11

Please check reviews on Google, bride sites, and search Richard Martin court cases before you book here Richard promised us the world and took half of the money upfront making us pay the rest monthly,...

Drist029ity, 12 hours ago 3 163
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

berbas, 12 hours ago 17 143
C
Timeline idea
Christine, 2 March, 2025 at 08:16

Hi I’m trying to get a rough timeline together so I can plan do you think I need to change anything or is this ok ?

Alax, 12 hours ago 7 198 1
M
Stag do weekend before the wedding?
mkw, 15 June, 2015 at 20:42

My OH mentioned the other day that he is considering having his stag do the weekend before the wedding and asked if I would mind. Assuming they don't shave his head or anything I'm perfectly fine with...

Wafa, 13 hours ago 12 1,325
Z
Entertainment ideas
Zoë, 21 November, 2023 at 15:09

Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️

Willium, 14 hours ago 48 696 1
RomanticBrownDiamonds829
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 May, 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

SEBT16, 17 hours ago 18 6,473
Pookie8911
Wed2B
Pookie8911, 11 June, 2016 at 21:17

Hi! Has anyone bought their dress from Wed2B? I've only tried on 'designer' dresses so far, and wanted to try on something less expensive just before I make the definite decision about spending a...

Deva, yesterday at 22:33 85 17,519
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Oliviaava, yesterday at 20:18 45 624 5
M
Newbie needing help with wedding venue
MrsPennyfathertoB, 9 August, 2016 at 22:29

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and this is my first post on the forum. So I guess the first thing I need to do is find somewhere to get married, but that seems easier said than done. I have a list of...

Work, yesterday at 17:52 14 2,440
L
Marquee on family land? Help!
Loulou1986, 11 June, 2013 at 21:10

Just wrote a whole message and it got deleted! Argh! First post so hello everyone! We just got engaged last friday and I have been looking a venues. I am not too into hotel type but more barn,...

Playonline, yesterday at 13:07 27 3,626
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

Rehana, yesterday at 12:45 148 2,103 2

General groups

Hitched article topics