Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,346
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Buzdar, monday 28-Sep-26 64 1,047 11
Red Baroness
Guest Books - How Many Pages?
Red Baroness, 29 May, 2012 at 14:10

I'm going to put together a photobook, with blank pages, of images from our pre wedding shoot for our guest book. I know some of you have done similar things. How many blank pages for writing on do...

Emma, yesterday at 23:47 17 894
K
Tiny Wedding Ideas?
Katy, 20 February, 2026 at 13:38

So my partner and I aren't wanting a traditional or big wedding, in fact with us included our entire guest list is a total of 12 people (plus maybe a few friends in the evening potentially, no more...

Vice, yesterday at 23:35 63 738 6
C
Panic mode
Chloe, 27 December, 2025 at 23:30

Hi everyone! I’m getting married in April 2026 and worried that there’s something I’m forgetting about. We’ve got all the main things booked.. is there anything anyone could advise that we may not...

Simon, yesterday at 21:46 14 116
R
Blessing after wedding abroad??
RossRoxx, 13 February, 2014 at 21:25

Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone has had a blessing back in the UK after a wedding abroad? Me and my fiancé are wanting to fly off to Hawaii, just us two, have a small beach wedding alone and...

Abdul, yesterday at 18:46 32 11,422
Faye
The real figure
Faye, 12 July, 2026 at 17:13

Can someone please tell me why venues do this? They say for example of venue tyre is 11,000 and then they don’t disclose what else you have to add to that mandatory and it’s very frustrating when you...

fernandiz, yesterday at 18:42 21 234
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

fernandiz, yesterday at 18:40 66 703 3
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

fernandiz, yesterday at 18:38 40 525 4
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

fernandiz, yesterday at 18:32 320 3,241 8
kharv
Childminder at wedding
kharv, 14 August, 2011 at 23:52

I'm looking to hire a childminder for my wedding as I have a lot of kids coming - does anyone have any idea how much I would be likely to pay for this? I'm having about 18 kids aged from 3 to 12 and...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:18 14 7,105
Robby
How to save money
Robby, 4 December, 2024 at 22:30

Where can I save money on, what do people never remember from a wedding that I don't need to put too much thought into?

Jimi, yesterday at 18:08 42 459
M
Feed the photographer?!!!
monkeynutter, 19 January, 2013 at 15:46

We are likely to book a photographer for the whole wedding day, we are having a sit down meal and then a buffet in the evening. Would the photographer expect to have their own meal? A wedding we went...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:07 30 3,080
Eve
Small budget wedding
Eve, 29 December, 2025 at 16:16

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are looking to get married in 2026. We’re looking for somewhere to hold the reception (we’ll be getting married in a church). We’re based in Sussex and our budget is...

Slava, yesterday at 18:07 19 176
Matt
dj recommendations
Matt, 23 February, 2026 at 08:57

Hi all and wishing you the very best for the future, I'm looking for a wedding DJ to play in Wolverhampton who uses light up dance floor, dry ice and indoor pyro's. Any recommendations please. Thank...

92Dadu, yesterday at 16:51 68 347
L
Live music or dj ?
Lucy, 6 March, 2026 at 10:06

Pros and cons/experiences. We just can not decided what to do. Xx

Bryan, yesterday at 15:37 47 763 4
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, yesterday at 14:34 77 2,597
S
Wedding reception
Shellby, 22 September, 2025 at 21:58

Hello everyone, I’m looking for a wedding reception as I have a church booked, I also have my own caterer so really just looking for somewhere to hold my reception in London. Would have to be able to...

Ryan, yesterday at 14:03 3 63
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 September, 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

Michel, yesterday at 13:47 146 10,862
KEG
How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!
KEG, 21 January, 2009 at 15:34

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...

Owan, yesterday at 13:41 37 15,069 1
rubyfirecracker
HELP - Vinyl Record Label Template
rubyfirecracker, 9 November, 2012 at 19:09

I am looking for a template in word or publisher to make our own custom 7" single record labels (poss table centres). Any ideas?

Alina, yesterday at 13:01 13 10,189
J
Wedding Suits
James_12345, 22 January, 2016 at 10:27

First of all, wow, this mens thread is pretty empty! (come on guys! its our wedding day too!) now to the topic at hand, I am choosing my wedding suits, much like the bride gets to choose hers. I...

JOHN, yesterday at 12:50 14 2,301
Z
Entertainment ideas
Zoë, 21 November, 2023 at 15:09

Hi All, Just looking for some entertainment ideas for our guests during welcome drinks/photos and perhaps our wedding breakfast. Desperate bride looking for help and inspiration. TIAZoë ☺️

Aliyan, yesterday at 11:28 47 689 1
K
Cousins
katie_turner_uk84@hotmail.com, 29 January, 2025 at 15:14

Can anyone give me some advice with the wedding guest list. I am closer to some cousins than others..plus they have kids. Do I invite some cousins and not all? Don't want to upset anyone!

Laura, yesterday at 11:22 19 195
Sam
Help with photographer
Sam, 5 October, 2023 at 08:36

We’re getting married next September and have hired a photographer. Initially we purchased a lower package but after considering it want to upgrade to the top package. We’ve emailed our photographer...

Theodore, yesterday at 11:08 8 281
M
Urgent Advice Req. Venue we booked is selling!
Mrsgilltobe, 28 July, 2014 at 10:36

Hey I am in need of some swift advice, we booked our reception venue towards the end of last year which is a private residence with a wedding venue at the back for our wedding in summer 2015. We...

Alop, yesterday at 10:49 11 3,037
A
Traditional Wedding Ceremony
Abi, 1 February, 2026 at 22:57

I’m sure I’m not the only one looking for threads specifically related to the different ceremonies that take place in the Yoruba (Nigerian) culture. There’s so much to think about, considering there’s...

Lera, yesterday at 10:37 13 82
Emily
Basketball Arcade Game
Emily, 7 October, 2023 at 16:23

Hey everyone, I wondered if anyone knew of a supplier who could arrange a basketball arcade game to our wedding in Sussex? It's a bit of a difficult one to google so thought I would ask on here!

Mr Simon, yesterday at 09:38 96 908 2
Cora
What would be the ideal start time for a ceremony within a venue?
Cora, 25 September, 2025 at 12:27

We are having our ceremony in the venue and was curious when you should have the start time? and if anyone else has done this previously would you advise staying at the location the night before?

Willium, yesterday at 08:43 57 366
W
Newborns on the table plan?
Wife In Training, 6 November, 2014 at 20:23

Hi all, We will have two newborns at our wedding (between 2 and 8 weeks old). Do we need to include them on the table plan? We've got toddlers coming who will be on the table plan as they require...

Joseph, yesterday at 08:27 27 4,845
E
Wedding away from home
Elizabeth1990, 10 March, 2025 at 13:19

Hi everyone, just started wedding planning and would love some advice if poss! We live in Northampton but are potentially thinking of a venue in the Lake District which is where we stayed when we got...

Abdul, yesterday at 07:50 39 244
bliss_balloons
Garden games
bliss_balloons , 21 May, 2015 at 09:45

I can't find anywhere decent to hire them so I've been buying a few but trying to get one's that aren't too expensive and people will actually want to use. Those of you who are are having them what...

Jerry, yesterday at 07:34 83 2,029
bluebutterfly
bubble machine
bluebutterfly, 4 July, 2010 at 13:19

Hi Thinking of hiring a bubble machine for our wedding, as I like bubbles and there are going to be a lot of kids. Not sure how practical it will be though.Slippy floors? Ruined clothes? Maybe put it...

Bronted, yesterday at 07:20 15 5,223

General groups

Hitched article topics