Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,302
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Back, saturday 19-Sep-26 63 1,035 11
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

Cricfyapp, 40 minutes ago 317 3,208 8
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Florida!, an hour ago 9 3,282
H
Anyone dyed a bridesmaid dress?
HappyBlueCars582, 18 September, 2016 at 16:59

Have any of you ever dyed a chiffon dress before?

Jelly, 2 hours ago 33 2,152
Happybluebridesmaid4886
Twilight weddings
Happybluebridesmaid4886, 5 November, 2024 at 13:44

Hi, can anyone reccomend anywhere for a twilight wedding please? Struggling to find many places that do them. Thanks so much in advance

Wubdhcs, 2 hours ago 25 428 1
L
Berrow Court - Edgbaston
lucy_x, 16 March, 2012 at 18:03

Hi Everyone We recently went to veiw Berrow Court in Edgbaston/Birmingham and really love the venue itself, but have notcied the is quite a few bad reviews on the place and have been told by a friend...

Brain, 3 hours ago 11 7,685
P
Berketex Bridal
pooksgirl, 23 July, 2017 at 18:03

Hey folks, I'm starting to look for my dress, and as much as I love some of the ones I've seen online I cannot for the life of me bring myself to pay ££££ for a dress I will wear once (and maybe a few...

Mr Simon, 3 hours ago 41 2,550
D
Pay bar
Daffodil2017, 20 November, 2015 at 11:15

What are people's thoughts on a pay bar at a wedding? Would you begrudge it as a guest? We are on a small budget and planning an informal, intimate DIY wedding but I keep having wobbles about how...

Webresourcehub, 4 hours ago 56 4,935
C
Table Plan
Cathy, 20 April, 2026 at 21:56

Does anyone know why when you update our Table Plan in the Chart Format, but you then switch to List View it does not update - the List View keeps showing an older version

Neena, 4 hours ago 4 39 1
Y
Music for Registry Office wedding
YorkshireGirl77, 30 September, 2009 at 11:20

I am having a civil ceremony and not sure what happens music wise. Do i need to choose music for walking in to? and for when we are signing the register? I have no idea of what music to choose.Can i...

Jelly, 5 hours ago 33 10,153
S
How far are your guests travelling to your wedding?
Sparkle2015, 17 September, 2013 at 18:59

Just curious really as we have found the perfect venue that we both really love (shock!) Only niggle before we book is the distance. It is a hotel too so the option for people to stay over and we know...

Faiq, 5 hours ago 26 3,223
Elixia
does anyone regret not filming their wedding?
Elixia, 4 April, 2014 at 08:35

Its one of those things people tell you you'll regret not getting a VOG .... but I dont :/ I'm thinking i can't be the only one that doesn't regret not filming my wedding. I hate the sound my own...

Granny, 5 hours ago 27 3,441
kharv
Childminder at wedding
kharv, 14 August, 2011 at 23:52

I'm looking to hire a childminder for my wedding as I have a lot of kids coming - does anyone have any idea how much I would be likely to pay for this? I'm having about 18 kids aged from 3 to 12 and...

Ishan, 6 hours ago 13 7,098
P
Games for family get together!
PenelopeP, 25 September, 2008 at 11:22

We're having a family get together the day before our wedding. Most of our families have never met because mine live abroad. We're getting together in the afternoon for afternoon tea and I was...

188pkr, 6 hours ago 143 10,851
KEG
How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!
KEG, 21 January, 2009 at 15:34

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...

Zayn, 6 hours ago 35 15,059 1
B
Name Places...Full name or first name only???
, 7 July, 2011 at 08:05

Hey ladies I tried to search on previous threads for this but Hitched doesn't seem to want to let me today!! I was just wondering what everyone is doing with regards to name places. Are you using...

Black, 7 hours ago 20 20,587
B
Background music for wedding breakfast
Becky424, 11 August, 2012 at 09:30

Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of...

Ava, 7 hours ago 10 15,187
B
C'mon then, let's see your wedding rings!
, 25 April, 2013 at 21:50

Me and OH are going to look around jewellers this weekend for wedding bands, and I'm pretty certain we'll just be going for plain bands with engraving on the inside (and I may have a diamond if our...

sahilverma3, 7 hours ago 28 10,643 1
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

Liam, 7 hours ago 10 86
L
Same sex wedding planner book?
LuxuriousGreenFlowers337, 5 March, 2015 at 21:45

Hoping someone can help me... My sister has just engaged to her girlfriend and I am looking for a wedding planning book that is suitable for same sex couples. Trouble is ive only really seen them...

Laura, 8 hours ago 19 5,560
Steelgoddess
Is fruit cake a necessity??
Steelgoddess, 4 December, 2009 at 20:35

My Mum is doing my wedding cake and shes under the impression that I HAVE to have fruit cake as some people like it, I bloody hate the stuff, understand not everyone likes chocolate or some people...

Nisar, 13 hours ago 16 2,198
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Verna, yesterday at 21:17 156 34,462
*Pugsley*
Opinions..... How much money to give as a gift at a wedding?
*Pugsley*, 1 July, 2013 at 17:22

Hi all, Just sitting here (wasting time at work) and got me thinking... If you're a guest at a wedding where they request money towards honeymoon etc etc, how much would you give? At recent weddings...

Brad Cage, yesterday at 20:38 82 123,303
R
Help! Wedding cancellation deposit questions
RomanticBrownDecor177, 15 June, 2015 at 22:25

Hi all, i could really use some advice please! I booked and paid for a wedding venue last August to have our ceremony there in June 2016. Our entire correspondence in relation to the booking was via...

Emily, yesterday at 19:51 26 13,443 1
B
Games to play at a Hen Party Weekend??
BrogstarBride, 22 February, 2013 at 12:55

We are going to a Spa for the weekend and I want to play some fun games in the evening and ideas? x

Achu1122, yesterday at 18:51 239 9,285
L
"You may now kiss the bride" - no longer happens??
Little_MrsA2B, 5 April, 2015 at 20:03

Ladies, please help settle a 'discussion' my H2B and I are having... He says at the end of the service the vicar/registrar/etc no longer says "you may kiss the bride". Is this true? I havent been to a...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:32 20 9,857
S
Crete Wedding Renewal/blessing
SunnyYellowHair243, 8 August, 2024 at 16:34

Hello you lovely lot I’m wondering if you could help please!? We are looking to have a blessing/renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and Crete has really taken our eye. We’re planning to elope...

James, yesterday at 18:19 16 66
E
Kids Photo Challenge
easter2010, 13 January, 2010 at 18:52

Hi all I'm getting married this April and have been lurking for absolutely ages and have picked up loads of great ideas etc so thank you! Last year their was a thread on here about an idea to keep...

Sanchizes, yesterday at 18:12 38 3,697
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, yesterday at 17:01 71 2,573
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Harry, yesterday at 14:10 237 2,314
J
Invitation Font - boring i know!!....
Jlo84, 22 November, 2011 at 20:54

Hiya, Just tying up my inserts for my pocket fold invites but can't seem to find a good font. Has anyone used or seen a font they thought looked nice on a wedding invite? Many thanks, Jen x

Mr Harry, yesterday at 13:57 11 3,372
G
menu tasting... when should it be done?
Gumibear85, 7 April, 2013 at 09:24

Something that was big on my list was having a nice menu for the wedding breakfast. I want my guests to be able to have a choice of what they eat. So I need to (at some point) go to my venue and do a...

Johnsmith67, yesterday at 11:48 25 3,319

General groups

Hitched article topics