• Beginner

Happily married 🎉

24 of March of 2012

4417days 22hours

Discussions

cinnamon009
A few pics of my day *flashes*
cinnamon009, 10 of January of 2015 at 17:46

Not had the full photos through yet to my full report but our TOG has posted a few on their blog so thought I would give you all a sneak peek.

kharv, monday 19-Jan-15 29
MrsShep
Masterchef
MrsShep, 23 of December of 2014 at 21:33

Did anyone watch this series? I'm food obsessed so I love watching it, I just wish you could taste it too! A worthy winner too (i won't name them in case anyone hasn't seen it yet!)

*Teabag*, wednesday 24-Dec-14 9
jennybob
table numbers
jennybob, 18 of December of 2014 at 10:01

Im wondering what everyoneis doing with their table numbers? I never really gave it much thought but now i do im wondering if there was something a bit different we could do. Also is everyone making...

MrsFitt2B, tuesday 27-Jan-15 39
InWineTheresTruth
Is it better to book a photographer for a couple of hours than not at all?
InWineTheresTruth, 15 of December of 2014 at 18:48

I think I know what the answer to this query will be from most people.... but having convinced my OH not to bother with a photographer as we are only wanting a few formal posed group shots and a just...

mariannechuaphotogra, thursday 18-Dec-14 13
T
40k budget!!
Toyaht, 13 of December of 2014 at 23:07

Hi were getting married in june 2016, we have not chose our venue yet but we're hoping to get thorton manor in cheshire. we've worked out that venue will most likely cost us around 20k including...

katieJ2b, tuesday 5-Jul-16 131
AuntieBJ
When do you get in the Christmas spirit?
AuntieBJ, 12 of December of 2014 at 09:39

I find the whole run up to Christmas quite stressful, not a lot of fun and mostly spend it wishing it was all over - bah humbug and all that!! But next week my small boy will play the Angel Gabriel in...

MadamRed, saturday 13-Dec-14 17
M
Uninvited stag do guests
MrsP2B-2015, 12 of December of 2014 at 13:24

My H2B is having a surprise stag do in July 2015. He's got a few close friends, but it's not going to be a huge, drunken 'typical' stag do and will involve a small group of his old school friends (at...

MrsP2B-2015, tuesday 16-Dec-14 5
InkedDoll
A month to go - flashathon!
InkedDoll, 12 of December of 2014 at 10:31

So I haven't done a planning or flash thread yet, and as I now have a month to go (give or take a few days!), I thought I may as well So, firstly, our venue - the Famous Blacksmiths Shop at Gretna...

Stephie, monday 15-Dec-14 19
DrBuffles
My 'OMG it's less than 6 months to go' Mega **FLASH**
DrBuffles, 3 of March of 2014 at 12:51

I'm getting worried about time ticking away so thought I would do this to help me feel better about what has been done! Venue Wedding rings For the morning I am making myself and the bridesmaids silk...

LuxuriousYellowBride, monday 15-Dec-14 33
SaraPoppy
Dress wobble
SaraPoppy, 11 of December of 2014 at 12:21

I found my dress 3 months ago and I loved it. I paid half the balance and have been putting aside the rest of the money. However I know having a bit f a wobble. It's completely different to what I...

Fairytales19, tuesday 16-Dec-14 20
cinnamon009
My very own creepy little talking point....
cinnamon009, 10 of December of 2014 at 15:02

Otherwise known as cake toppers to those who missed the previous thread. Done by the fabulous Kharv at Love on Top. Two teenage step kids (who are bridesmaids), Millycat, Ziggycat and Bride and Groom...

Holey, thursday 11-Dec-14 16
Melancholie
Those unexpected expenses just keep coming!
Melancholie, 27 of November of 2014 at 22:49

Called the registrar today to pay the balance of our legal ceremony. When we booked the date, I paid a £25 deposit to secure the date. When I called today I was asked for the full amount for the...

Melancholie, friday 28-Nov-14 16
Ddpunk
*sens*? 8 years
Ddpunk, 27 of November of 2014 at 11:42

Sorry for the doom & gloom. November seems to have been a shi*ter for a few of us. I feel sick, and not the norovirus anymore it's 8 years today since I lost my only brother in a horrible...

Arpee, friday 28-Nov-14 17
jen-lou
Venue...what to do
jen-lou, 24 of November of 2014 at 12:33

We've been trying to pay off money for various things as and when we have a big enough chunk. Our venue will only accept cheques, this isn't a problem, I still have a cheque book. I sent them a cheque...

marystratton, tuesday 25-Nov-14 9
L
March 2015
Lauren Bovingdon, 24 of November of 2014 at 12:13

Hi! Im new to the site but was wondering if anyone is getting married in March 2015? I am on the 7th and I wanted to know if you have a theme or chosen colour? and what you are doing about the...

ShootingStar2012, monday 24-Nov-14 7
soraneko
Venue frustration / Berks venues help - updated
soraneko, 23 of November of 2014 at 18:10

Just a bit of a rant, it's beginning to feel like we're never gonna find a place we're happy with at a reasonable price! We have viewed six or seven venues and either we have been underwhelmed or the...

lilbeth, tuesday 24-Feb-15 29
jennybob
Hen party
jennybob, 13 of November of 2014 at 09:48

An update on the hen do issue My MOH and i were chatting and she think if we did a hen house party and everyone came to hers and we did it this way would be good as no one wouldfeel pressured into a...

MrsB88, monday 22-Dec-14 8
SaraPoppy
RSVP deadline... Question?
SaraPoppy, 12 of November of 2014 at 21:49

Is it rude to ask people to RSVP by a certain date and say if they don't we will assume they can't make it? I really don't want to be chasing people and I've invited someone who I'm pretty sure is...

cymruangel, thursday 13-Nov-14 5
S
Do you need an Order of service for a Civil ceremony
soon-to-be-MrsDennis, 12 of November of 2014 at 13:55

Hi Couls someone please advise we are having a civil ceremony and was wondering if i need to have an Order of Service I do like the Idea of having something so that everyone know's whats going on and...

soon-to-be-MrsDennis, thursday 13-Nov-14 8
M
A piece of advice for us newbie brides?
MissExcited, 15 of October of 2014 at 21:26

Hello everyone. As I've been feeling pretty organised about my wedding planning I wanted to take some time off to relax and ask you guys for a piece of advice for any bride out there. My big day is 7...

kharv, wednesday 12-Nov-14 17
pink & glitz
who has started Christmas shopping?
pink & glitz, 7 of November of 2014 at 22:09

I have done half of mine without leaving the house and very proud of myself as I got all of it in the sales!! Christmas cards written too! X

kharv, wednesday 12-Nov-14 19
Erin8
A question about resignations
Erin8, 11 of November of 2014 at 21:38

I am having issues agreeing my last day at work with my current employer. I handed my notice in on the 22nd October 2014 and l need to give 4 weeks notice. They are saying my last day is Wednesday the...

*Mini*, wednesday 12-Nov-14 12
S
TOG looses our photos :(
Samyo75, 7 of November of 2014 at 22:16

We have just been told that our photographer has lost all of our wedding pictures due to a hard drive failure. We are completely devostated I felt awful for the TOG too as she is also heartbroken. I...

Bruce Neville Photog, tuesday 16-Dec-14 58
RusticBride15
Help!! My invites **Flashes**
RusticBride15, 11 of November of 2014 at 13:01

Ladies I could really do with some advice, Im making my own stationary for our wedding out theme is rustic romance and iv mocked up two very slightly different designs in mainly terms of the layout of...

Lorns, thursday 13-Nov-14 21
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
I'm a married lady :-)
alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk, 10 of November of 2014 at 15:44

It was our wedding day on Saturday and it was amazing :-) we we're so lucky it didn't rain and although there was a few hiccups on the whole it went perfectly. I'll do my proper report when I get the...

Pipsybus, tuesday 11-Nov-14 28
cinnamon009
Parking 'fines' for private car park
cinnamon009, 5 of November of 2014 at 17:43

A couple of months ago we parked in the St Albans rail station car park (which is owned and run by a private company - it isn't a council one) and phoned up to pay by phone as the meter wasn't...

kharv, thursday 6-Nov-14 7
Benjaminsmum
Will you wear your veil all day?
Benjaminsmum, 5 of November of 2014 at 15:31

Are any of you planning on removing your veil part way through the day? I have no id a how long to wear mine...I guess I will just wear it until my head hurts???

Tams90, tuesday 18-Nov-14 20
daisymoo86
#FindJasper
daisymoo86, 6 of November of 2014 at 14:17

Ahh how lovely that Jasper has been found and reunited with his owner! Bought a tear to my eye!

WickyWack, friday 7-Nov-14 2
FrankeeDoodles
Newbie! :)
FrankeeDoodles, 10 of October of 2014 at 14:29

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and thought I'd just say hi I'm Frankee, I'm 21 years old and just about to finish uni. My fiancee is called Alex, he is 27 and finishes uni in May We got engaged on...

kharv, wednesday 5-Nov-14 16
TreacleTart
d'oh!!
TreacleTart, 3 of November of 2014 at 15:35

Oh bum! My OH didnt want to know what I was walking down the aisle too, he thought it'd be nice just to keep my entrancey bit a surprise. Recently I decided I didnt want a CD recording of the song...

TreacleTart, monday 3-Nov-14 3
TwoDucks
Broken Ankle....Wedding in 3 weeks!! :( What would you do?
TwoDucks, 2 of November of 2014 at 12:51

Hi Hitchers, I went on my hen weekend on Friday and before the fun could even start I tripped down the last step of the stairs and have managed to break my ankle I'm several places!! Aside from the...

pipkins17, friday 7-Nov-14 34
Love&Lavender
Room for a little one?
Love&Lavender, 27 of October of 2014 at 16:32

Ok... so the little one part isn't strictly true! One month after the wedding, I have definitely been over indulging. Anyway- hello all, now my days of wedding planning are behind me I am hoping to...

Erin8, wednesday 29-Oct-14 9

General groups

Hitched article topics