Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

38,713
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, yesterday at 21:20 66 1,064 11
S
Insurance for Pre Existing
Sav, 25 March, 2024 at 23:01

Hi, Does anyone have experience or recommendation for insurance company that deals with people and long term pre existing condition please, there doesn't seem to be many around that will cover this...

Ali066khan, 2 hours ago 5 148
A
Where can i find high-quality custom cake boxes for wedding favours in the Uk?
Abdul, 15 July, 2026 at 23:46

Hi everyone, I'm planning my wedding and want to give each guest a slice of cake in a beautiful personalised cake box. I'm looking for boxes that are sturdy, elegant, and can be customised with our...

Sheetal, 2 hours ago 69 627 6
S
Photographer - student?? Hampshire
Sarahj532, 26 July, 2015 at 13:22

Hi all, very new to this! But I'm getting married next August and I really want to get my wedding budget down. One way is through the photographers. Though some people are charging over £1000 they are...

Waqar, 2 hours ago 11 2,654
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Alax, 3 hours ago 42 578 4
K
Wedding hair Cheltenham 25th July 2026
Kate, 14 April, 2026 at 14:13

Any hairdressers with availability for bride, 2 adult BMs and MOB?

Fkhan, 4 hours ago 21 157
B
Art Couture AC420
, 5 October, 2015 at 10:23

This weekend I think I may have found my dress. It's AC420 (I can't post a picture as on my iPad). Has anyone got this dress? I would just be interested to see some photos on an actual real person as...

BruceEX, yesterday at 23:50 10 821
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Bronted, yesterday at 21:48 23 183 1
N
Sophie's Wedding Dress - Mamma Mia the Movie
Nephelae, 28 October, 2008 at 14:06

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dresses like the one Sophie wears in the film? I'm pretty sure I don't want a traditional wedding dress and as soon as I saw the dress in the film...

SEBT-, yesterday at 19:24 36 45,833
M
Unofficial Officiant
melgoddard, 20 June, 2014 at 21:39

Hi, We're getting married in London and our venue is not authorised to host wedding ceremonies, so we've decided to have the official ceremony before the "wedding". We would still like someone to...

Delta, yesterday at 18:52 17 9,997
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Legal, yesterday at 17:56 68 750 3
A
Wedding at home
Alexandra, 14 April, 2024 at 12:36

Hello, We are getting married in October. A small reg office ceremony followed by the reception etc in a marquee in our garden. As we’re planning it all ourselves, I’m a little nervous that I’m going...

Asjnb, yesterday at 17:51 11 426 1
K
Dress deposit?
KJHLee, 30 June, 2015 at 21:18

Hey, I'm about to start looking around and shopping for a dress. I have a very good idea of what I want, and provided it looks good on me, have my heart set on a dress that costs £1295. How much would...

Mohsin, yesterday at 15:00 79 2,616
Mrs*W*2B
What colour veil and bridesmaids with coffee/ champagne dress?
Mrs*W*2B, 11 October, 2012 at 22:51

My dress is a full lace light coffee/ champagne colour....2 questions: 1. What colour veil do I go for? I want cathedral length so not sure if I have to get a champagne veil or if I could go for...

Tokyo, yesterday at 14:53 11 7,108
Lucy
Where to start?
Lucy, 30 April, 2025 at 19:41

Hello! I’m recently engaged and my Fiancé and I are planning to get married in Italy in 2027. Thinking around June time but I have no clue whatsoever where to start! Any advice would be appreciated on...

Lena, yesterday at 14:20 19 213 1
Victoria
Interesting reception entertainment?
Victoria, 24 April, 2024 at 03:47

We are having an indoor/outdoor reception and I need some inspo for reception entertainment. We already have a digital Photo Booth and dancing set up. I’m waiting on rates for a silhouette artist, as...

Mohsin, yesterday at 14:00 96 1,065
M
Flat shoes?
MrsPtoB, 25 June, 2017 at 11:53

Is anyone wearing flat shoes? I need some suggestions. People keep telling me that I must wear heels but I rarely wear heels and our wedding ceremony is at a castle with around 300 steps to go up and...

Tokyo, yesterday at 13:36 14 1,601 1
Toni
Any harpists available?
Toni, 6 May, 2026 at 20:21

Looking to bark a harpist for our wedding on 1 August 2026 in Southend. Please get in touch or send over recommendations! Any help appreciated!

Malik, yesterday at 12:57 14 110
E
Wedding invites - can I state no hats please?
ExpensiveBlueConfetti423, 29 October, 2015 at 16:48

Hello, i'm having an April wedding, which unless we are lucky with the weather I envisage will be mostly indoors. We are also not wanting our wedding to be too formal, neither of our mum are wearing a...

Tokyo, yesterday at 12:28 13 4,601
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

William, yesterday at 12:05 147 2,097 2
B
Favours on the top table
Blinkered, 16 November, 2011 at 22:18

I know this might be a really stupid question, but do you put favours on the top table?!

John, yesterday at 12:01 8 7,556
Jessica
Elegant centre piece
Jessica, 1 May, 2025 at 09:01

Hi, I am looking for ideas for an elegant centre piece, we are having a small vow renweal so want something I can use for the ceremony and the breakfast. Xx

Melanie, yesterday at 12:00 13 114
P
Planning Timeline
Poppy, 19 June, 2025 at 19:45

Hi everyone! I have recently got engaged and we have decided on 2028 as the year to get married. The wedding planning space is quite overwhelming but I’m so excited to get going with it. If you...

William, yesterday at 11:58 50 876 3
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

Waqar, yesterday at 11:07 322 3,279 8
J
Bridesmaids
Jrl, 13 January, 2024 at 18:16

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice. One of my bridesmaids never replys to any messages, the girls asked her if she wanted to help arrange my hen do about 3 months ago and they never got a reply,...

Robert, yesterday at 09:36 4 149
J
Venue Suggestions - City of London
Josephine, 6 September, 2025 at 14:36

We would like to get married on 22/08/26 and are looking for a ceremony space only for up to 70 people. I'm struggling to find venue's in the City of London that will accommodate the ceremony only....

Maryam, yesterday at 08:10 80 912
Cache13
A marquee reception? Advice!
Cache13, 15 March, 2014 at 23:32

Today we were offered the use of my future in-laws paddock for a marquee reception. I was fed up of seeing beautiful outside spaces with rubbish insides, expensive in house caterers, and non exclusive...

James, yesterday at 06:18 8 1,607
B
Games to play at a Hen Party Weekend??
BrogstarBride, 22 February, 2013 at 12:55

We are going to a Spa for the weekend and I want to play some fun games in the evening and ideas? x

Mateo, yesterday at 06:04 240 9,296
M
Wedding Cars!
MrsMarshall2B260517, 5 July, 2016 at 15:33

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with wedding cars! I've always said that I'd like a vintage fiat 500 on my wedding day, but now I've ordered my dress I've realised there is no way I would fit in...

Tokyo, yesterday at 01:00 30 1,989
kizzi10000
Anyone played wedding 'raffle'? Ideas needed
kizzi10000, 25 February, 2016 at 14:40

Thanks to yet another change of plan, as the pub we'd picked to eat and dance in after the ceremony has decided they're not sure they can offer what we want due to noise and space constraints, we've...

Olivia, sunday 4-Oct-26 17 3,444
S
Divorce decree absolute
Sarah, 26 February, 2024 at 16:16

My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come...

Emily, sunday 4-Oct-26 18 323
H
Alternatives to chair sashes!
HappyYellowDiamonds675, 27 July, 2017 at 21:15

Hi!! I'm in need of help please! I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate my chair at the reception. I havent got a large budget either. My reception is a small traditional pub with all the beams...

Aniwave, sunday 4-Oct-26 14 1,518

General groups

Hitched article topics