Off Topic Posts
Join GroupWedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.
members
Discussions
Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...
I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...
We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...
Couldn't think of a better title - sorry! Its my parent's 30th Anniv in July and im planning a surprise lunch and will invite some of their best friends. however most of their long term best friends...
Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...
I often get emails for Search Engine Optimisation. Today I got one that actually claims to already have had a look at my site "I came across www.everaftervideos.co.uk today while looking for a website...
I spotted 2 topless calendars in the workshop today- one from 2007 so obviously just kept for the pretty pictures. Now I personally couldn't care less about seeing page 3 models or whatever, plus the...
I'm back on the subject I was on yesterday, moving fees. We have zero savings so would have to borrow the extra for moving fees. But, the money would be added on to the mortgage amount which we...
I got married in August 2017 at cave castle hull and I need to locate my videographer we’ve lost our dvd and I don’t remember his name! He travelled to us I think from Liverpool area and the company...
We had a lean-to conservatory extension built a couple of years ago. It's great for the extra space, but it becomes unusable in the summer. In fact it gets so hot in there, it ends up heating up the...
What are the chances of me getting my order on Friday?... it says 3-5 working days. Friday would be 3 working days. It's cutting it a bit fine isn't it? Does anyone know how they deliver? Do they use...
Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...
Ok, I have been puffing away for about 10 years (I am only 24), and I have had a guts full. I only smoke about 10 rollies a day, but obviously I am sick of everything that comes with it. I am sick of...
We live in a Victorian end-terrace with one drain which handles all our wastewater - our bathroom/kitchen and roof/rainwater and it's blocked. We think it blocked over Christmas because it sounded a...
We've just decorated our sitting room and next weekend Mr Hole wants to do the hallway. I am all out of inspiration, looking at all the colour charts online has made me colour blind. It's quite a big...
Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...
My FMIL is quite ill at the moment and going through tests to find out what it is. Current thought by docs it gall stones which we should find out if its right this week. She's got really bad jaundice...
**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...
Argh, I hate this sort of thing. We use an agency, but always have the same girl and she's lovely. We've even met her family and they're all lovely. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend,...
I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...
My bestie is moving into her own place on Saturday, and I want to put together a hamper of useful food stuff so I need ideas! Any suggestions?
I must learn not to burn my cookie attempts in my fan oven, but even those unburnt one's aren't always that great, any suggestions???
Wasnt sure how to phrase this without seeming rude, but it's not meant to be. Does anyone have any experience of a silentnight bed? or any other bed for that matter? My partner is larger than I am....
Hi, we have sent links to our website to our guests, but some are having trouble accessing it. The links we sent don't work for some people and it says 'access denied.' Some people can't even access...
As you know im planning my trip to Maldives. Its a life long ambition to go there and witness the beauty of the ocean, atols and tropical beaches. Dont laugh! im slowly getting over a life long...
This is something I've never managed to understand in this country. It's totally ridiculous. I don't have a single utility bill that arrives in my name, they are all in MrNeo's name and half of those...
Scuse the spelling. Hubby is applying for a job which asks for GCSC A-C maths and english - what is the equivalent in old money - o level/CSE? He's 41 and GCSCs came in in 1988 so after he left...
Hi all! My parents gave me a wedding gift. This is our family house in a small cozy town. This is a great place. My grandfather built this house and my husband and I want to live there. but first we...
H bought some clothes for Fin in london this week but when we upacked the bag, a magnetic security tag has been left in a pair of trousers.... There isn't a branch of that shop here in the channel...