Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,418
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

3patti, monday 5-Oct-26 66 1,064 11
G
Furniture hire for diy reception
glaelia, 27 September, 2010 at 22:49

Hi there, looking for some advice re hiring chairs, tables, linens and crockery/cutlery etc for my wedding on 01/10/11. We're doing a DIY reception at a lovely village hall, and looking to be able to...

Abdul, yesterday at 23:27 244 2,348
E
Venue deposit
ExpensiveIvoryDecor809, 11 September, 2017 at 01:39

I've fallen in love with a wedding venue where we would be for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception. It's quite a grand venue and the overall cost comes to just over £10,000. We don't have a...

Lee, yesterday at 23:22 7 9,348
A
No idea where to start - Bristol based send help!
Ana-Maria, 1 September, 2025 at 19:21

We've been egaged a few months and have already checked out a few venues. However.. they've all been like £15k not including photograpgher, accomodation, outfits etc etc. Does anyone know of any...

Gilberto, yesterday at 23:00 16 155
J
Looking for a Michael Myers (halloween) flower girl
Jane, 7 July, 2026 at 23:20

Random one I know. We are having speeches Halloween wedding and I am looking for a Micheal Myers scare actor to be our flower girl. I gave no idea where to start with looking anyone got any...

Joe, yesterday at 22:59 7 66 1
L
wedding cake
Lou37, 1 November, 2016 at 12:11

Hi I just dont know what to do about the wedding cake! Never really thought it was a biggy in terms of other things for the wedding. I would like chocolate sponge as hate fruit cake but H2B says if...

Superdia, yesterday at 22:41 12 1,720 1
Lucy
Save the date cards
Lucy, 18 June, 2025 at 08:20

Hi everyone! What is the cheapest way to get saved the date cards printed? Unsure how to go about printing my own.. Thank you!

Thiago, yesterday at 22:32 32 268
Annie
Accessibility for venue
Annie, 22 October, 2025 at 13:18

Hi I have my venue booked in the south west for 2027 given family health my mum will be in a wheelchair, it's not the most accessible venue mainly the outside being stones and there is a ramp but it...

Liam, yesterday at 22:23 12 113
Y
Seating chart in this app
Yura, 24 December, 2024 at 21:45

Hi everyone! Does anybody happen to know how to see the seating chart in this app? I mean, yes I assigned each guest to a table (which was annoying in itself), but now I need to see the overall plan -...

Ecom, yesterday at 19:31 16 188 1
Blackkat
Movie theme favours
Blackkat, 20 December, 2009 at 15:08

My OH have decided that our wedding is gonna have a movie theme to it. We're aiming to recreate famous movie posters to name our tables after, we've also decided to write our invitations in the style...

Freelancer, yesterday at 19:27 35 4,992
Tara
Good kids entertainment (bonus if it entertains adults also)
Tara, 27 December, 2025 at 14:57

I have a handful of kids coming and want them to have fun. I’d feel better spending more money if the solution would entertain adults also. I haven’t been to many weddings and none with kids so I’m...

Steve, yesterday at 19:14 125 1,353 7
M
Newbie needing help with wedding venue
MrsPennyfathertoB, 9 August, 2016 at 22:29

Hi everyone I am newly engaged and this is my first post on the forum. So I guess the first thing I need to do is find somewhere to get married, but that seems easier said than done. I have a list of...

Florida!, yesterday at 17:59 11 2,430
TreacleTart
Wooden chairs - seat pads or not? (Flash)
TreacleTart, 7 April, 2014 at 18:58

Hi all, our venue has wooden chairs (see pic) n I t's been pointed out to me that it might get a bit uncomfortable to sit on them throughout dinner, what are your thoughts? I'm usually the first to...

Ateeq, yesterday at 17:04 8 1,699
MrsB88
Accommodation for guests. Advice please
MrsB88, 19 October, 2014 at 08:48

So our venue (Gaynes Park in Epping, Essex) has what they call a coach house for guests to stay in the night of the wedding. The coach house is not included in the price of the venue. It has 10 rooms...

Wizz, yesterday at 17:00 10 3,100
Francesca
App/ website design that can customise invites?
Francesca, 5 March, 2024 at 08:59

Hi everyone! Hope planning is going well (wish I’d discovered this forum sooner!) We are getting married May next year & starting to think about invitation designs etc. I am thinking quite a...

Mohsin, yesterday at 14:10 89 831
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Jasa, yesterday at 13:57 43 594 4
J
Wedding entertainment
Jaison, 20 November, 2023 at 18:46

First time posting here but of a long post, and this is so far from tradition, so my fiancée actually proposed to me, so me the groom is currently planning out wedding, I’m trying so hard I feel like...

Freelancer, yesterday at 12:42 7 438 2
F
Small gift for my friend marrying abroad
future.mrs.c, 20 May, 2014 at 09:42

Hi everyone My best friend is going away to get married abroad. I will be giving her a 'proper' wedding present when they get back at reception. I just thought it would be nice to give her a little...

Zoro, yesterday at 12:09 33 1,110
Meghan
Budget wedding
Meghan, 11 December, 2025 at 22:21

Hello! I'm planning my day on a tight budget and am wondering if others have done this before (ofc they have), but for those who have, what would you say is the priority to put your money into. My...

6r game download, yesterday at 12:04 18 482 1
KEG
How to work out numbers for an evening buffet.. Help please.!
KEG, 21 January, 2009 at 15:34

Hi, I was just wondering how people have worked out numbers for their evening buffet? I still havent recieved alot of rsvp's for the evening, do you under cater, or over cater, and by how much? We...

Mark, yesterday at 11:32 40 15,110 1
H
Assumption of a 'Plus One'
homespunbride, 16 May, 2014 at 17:31

I have a bit of a problem which I need serious help in approaching without offending anyone. I've just sent out our wedding invitations, one of which is an old friend of mine whom lives a good 3 hour...

Adrian, yesterday at 11:00 28 3,941
S
how to sit couples on rectangular seating plan??
sez_louise, 6 April, 2008 at 20:38

Hi, with 4wks ? to the big day we're starting to work on the seating plan but I'm having an issue before I've even started!! We've got long rectangular tables rather than round and we can't figure out...

Danuta, yesterday at 10:18 5 4,105
S
Insurance for Pre Existing
Sav, 25 March, 2024 at 23:01

Hi, Does anyone have experience or recommendation for insurance company that deals with people and long term pre existing condition please, there doesn't seem to be many around that will cover this...

Marvin, yesterday at 10:02 6 154
A
Where can i find high-quality custom cake boxes for wedding favours in the Uk?
Abdul, 15 July, 2026 at 23:46

Hi everyone, I'm planning my wedding and want to give each guest a slice of cake in a beautiful personalised cake box. I'm looking for boxes that are sturdy, elegant, and can be customised with our...

Sheetal, yesterday at 06:19 69 630 6
S
Photographer - student?? Hampshire
Sarahj532, 26 July, 2015 at 13:22

Hi all, very new to this! But I'm getting married next August and I really want to get my wedding budget down. One way is through the photographers. Though some people are charging over £1000 they are...

Waqar, yesterday at 06:14 11 2,654
K
Wedding hair Cheltenham 25th July 2026
Kate, 14 April, 2026 at 14:13

Any hairdressers with availability for bride, 2 adult BMs and MOB?

Fkhan, yesterday at 04:35 21 157
B
Art Couture AC420
, 5 October, 2015 at 10:23

This weekend I think I may have found my dress. It's AC420 (I can't post a picture as on my iPad). Has anyone got this dress? I would just be interested to see some photos on an actual real person as...

BruceEX, monday 5-Oct-26 10 821
Caroline
Electronic Invites
Caroline, 9 April, 2025 at 17:28

Hi I've recently set up our website, I'm trying to understand how to send electronic invites and if I can customise them . I can see how you add names to the guest list and it provides a generic...

Bronted, monday 5-Oct-26 23 183 1
N
Sophie's Wedding Dress - Mamma Mia the Movie
Nephelae, 28 October, 2008 at 14:06

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about dresses like the one Sophie wears in the film? I'm pretty sure I don't want a traditional wedding dress and as soon as I saw the dress in the film...

SEBT-, monday 5-Oct-26 36 45,834
M
Unofficial Officiant
melgoddard, 20 June, 2014 at 21:39

Hi, We're getting married in London and our venue is not authorised to host wedding ceremonies, so we've decided to have the official ceremony before the "wedding". We would still like someone to...

Delta, monday 5-Oct-26 17 9,997
Rebecca
Videographer
Rebecca, 19 July, 2026 at 00:01

We have booked a photographer but are looking for a separate videographer who will make a short 5-10min video of the day at a low cost. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Legal, monday 5-Oct-26 68 750 3
A
Wedding at home
Alexandra, 14 April, 2024 at 12:36

Hello, We are getting married in October. A small reg office ceremony followed by the reception etc in a marquee in our garden. As we’re planning it all ourselves, I’m a little nervous that I’m going...

Asjnb, monday 5-Oct-26 11 426 1

General groups

Hitched article topics