Skip to main content

Off Topic Posts

Join Group

Wedding planning is fun but sometimes it's good to take a break! Grab a cup of tea and chat to your fellow forum members about anything and everything that isn't wedding planning related.

22,273
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Knownowt
Silly sports day ideas
Knownowt, 23 September, 2008 at 15:08

I need to think of a number of events for a silly sports day- participants being 12 unfit blokes, 6 women and (where possible) about 6 toddlers/young children. So far on the list I have: three-legged...

Calculadora, 30 minutes ago 47 50,620
Cazpot88
Food
Cazpot88, 14 August, 2025 at 13:15

Hi beauts, not messaged on here for a while. Our weddings only 8 days away week! Just a quick question for you all. When would be the best time to open our buffet? Our ceremony is a 3pm in our local...

Practice, 47 minutes ago 96 600 1
C
Wedding format
Carlos, 27 April, 2025 at 16:21

We are faced with a choice: what wedding format to choose - a traditional one with a large number of guests or a more intimate celebration with the closest people? What, in your opinion, is more...

Alamgeer, yesterday at 20:31 46 346
Vera
Funeral Etiquette (Sens)
Vera, 25 September, 2008 at 16:38

**SENSITIVE** Hi, my neighbour's beautiful little 6 month old baby sadly passed away on Sunday. She was not well and was never going to be 'normal'. They have not been at the house this week as...

Роман, yesterday at 16:19 11 4,652
Ali_G
'New Home' hamper ideas
Ali_G, 10 July, 2014 at 11:05

My bestie is moving into her own place on Saturday, and I want to put together a hamper of useful food stuff so I need ideas! Any suggestions?

Stephen, yesterday at 16:17 27 7,103
Clairy
do you tip your cleaner at Christmas?
Clairy, 16 December, 2008 at 15:21

Argh, I hate this sort of thing. We use an agency, but always have the same girl and she's lovely. We've even met her family and they're all lovely. I don't know her well enough to call her a friend,...

Harry, yesterday at 15:44 13 4,824
Mrs Vineweevil
I need a can't fail cookie recepie please......
Mrs Vineweevil, 8 October, 2008 at 13:28

I must learn not to burn my cookie attempts in my fan oven, but even those unburnt one's aren't always that great, any suggestions???

Harry, yesterday at 14:47 17 2,025
sherry
Heavier partners - bed question?
sherry, 27 June, 2008 at 10:40

Wasnt sure how to phrase this without seeming rude, but it's not meant to be. Does anyone have any experience of a silentnight bed? or any other bed for that matter? My partner is larger than I am....

Mr Alex, yesterday at 13:56 12 1,041
L
converting back garden to parking space - building regs?
LittlePeanut, 30 August, 2009 at 12:39

Hi, we live on a corner plot and have a small garage at the back of the house BUT no dropped kerb to it and a lamp post almost in front of it (!). We know we could pay to get the kerb dropped and even...

Travismiles56, yesterday at 11:58 21 27,848
JJ
Photographer
JJ, 10 July, 2026 at 13:46

Looking for a photographer at a decent budget .

Nikola, yesterday at 11:51 22 125
F
People unable to access wedding website
Francesca, 11 June, 2024 at 21:49

Hi, we have sent links to our website to our guests, but some are having trouble accessing it. The links we sent don't work for some people and it says 'access denied.' Some people can't even access...

Jane, yesterday at 10:43 12 306 1
T
silly? im scared! re: maldives
Tongi, 7 July, 2008 at 08:32

As you know im planning my trip to Maldives. Its a life long ambition to go there and witness the beauty of the ocean, atols and tropical beaches. Dont laugh! im slowly getting over a life long...

Jelly, yesterday at 10:06 33 1,936
NeoShoegal
utility bills as prove of identity (rant)
NeoShoegal, 1 April, 2009 at 14:30

This is something I've never managed to understand in this country. It's totally ridiculous. I don't have a single utility bill that arrives in my name, they are all in MrNeo's name and half of those...

Webresourcehub, yesterday at 10:01 23 18,223
WelshTotty
Giving feedback on house viewings without feeling guilty
WelshTotty, 22 June, 2009 at 12:30

I feel is a difficult thing to do.... We viewed 3 houses on Saturday, all 3 ticked the boxes. First one was the style we want, was on a street we love, had a decent sized garden, a lovely big garage...

Rose, yesterday at 07:28 19 5,759
O
Hobbies
Odessa, 18 September, 2023 at 18:08

What are ur some good hobbies u can recommend? Really interested about what others do

Slava, sunday 27-Sep-26 66 549 1
South
Taxi Services for Special Events
South, 28 April, 2025 at 03:41

Special events often require careful planning, and transportation is a significant part of that. Whether it's a wedding, corporate event, or a night out with friends, South Ribble Taxis can provide...

RejuLi, sunday 27-Sep-26 895 4,875
Loopy
What's the CSE/O Level equivalent to A-C GCSE
Loopy, 10 February, 2009 at 13:44

Scuse the spelling. Hubby is applying for a job which asks for GCSC A-C maths and english - what is the equivalent in old money - o level/CSE? He's 41 and GCSCs came in in 1988 so after he left...

Marklee, sunday 27-Sep-26 17 26,004
O
Window repair in an old house
Olivia, 27 September, 2023 at 08:36

Hi all! My parents gave me a wedding gift. This is our family house in a small cozy town. This is a great place. My grandfather built this house and my husband and I want to live there. but first we...

Patti, sunday 27-Sep-26 90 1,235
Hubble
removing security tags from clothes...
Hubble, 14 June, 2008 at 12:36

H bought some clothes for Fin in london this week but when we upacked the bag, a magnetic security tag has been left in a pair of trousers.... There isn't a branch of that shop here in the channel...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 8 5,910
AnnaBanana
dessert to go with paella
AnnaBanana, 12 March, 2009 at 12:37

Its my dad's birthday tomorrow and im making my kick @ss paella ? would like to make something quite light for dessert. I have a nice t&t recipe for a passion fruit mousse but i'd like to try...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 15 8,934
D
What Wedding Planning App Features Are Actually Useful?
Drako, 11 July, 2026 at 00:30

Hi everyone, I have been looking at different wedding-planning tools and noticed that many of them include guest lists, budget tracking, venue notes, seating plans, and countdown features. For those...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 70 647 8
Des
Loading pictures onto the wedding website designs
Des, 24 January, 2026 at 21:15

Hi. Is there any guidance on how to scale pictures to work on the wedding website designs? - I've tried loading various pictures, but I just get the middle bit - they are not that high res, they are...

Rose, sunday 27-Sep-26 45 327 1
P
Reserved a new house. Our buyers pulled out. What would you do? Solicitor help maybe?
Po, 9 July, 2008 at 22:24

If anyone could offer any advice on this I would really appreciate it. We had reserved a new build house on 24th June, our buyers pulled out literally last minute that same day at 4.50pm ( ten mins...

Faiq, saturday 26-Sep-26 15 3,264
S
Postponing due to Groom having cancer treatment
Sallyann, 9 January, 2024 at 14:44

Hi I'm actually mother of the groom. My son has recently been diagnosed with cancer and the treatment and operation, even if it goes to plan, means he won't be fully recovered by the wedding date. His...

Tech, saturday 26-Sep-26 13 620
summer solstice
Leak coming from upstairs in a flat - help what should I do? long sorry!
summer solstice, 30 August, 2008 at 23:44

I live in a ground floor flat - last night when I went to bed I found puddles on my bedroom floor and water dripping from the light fitting in the centre of the ceiling! I went up and spoke to the guy...

Yaseen, saturday 26-Sep-26 28 42,390
B
I am starting to hate my house
, 12 May, 2009 at 13:04

Has anyone else fallen out of love with their house? Our house needed a lot of work doing to it when we bought it and for that reason we got it for a good price, otherwise we could never have afforded...

Ishaa, saturday 26-Sep-26 16 1,043
bigpants
4th wedding anniversary
bigpants, 8 July, 2008 at 19:40

I'm confused...I've just googled '4th wedding anniversary' and some sites say it's 'linen' some say 'flowers' others say ' fruit'. What did you get hubby for your 4th anniversary?

ShaoorIT, saturday 26-Sep-26 42 3,618
Mal
Is Freecycle/Gumtree my only option?
Mal, 26 February, 2009 at 10:14

I nee to get rid of my 2 sofas but they don't have fire labels attached, so none of the charities are willing to take them. I have read of bad experiences on Freecycle and Gumtree when it comes to...

Indraviverry, saturday 26-Sep-26 13 2,098
J
Wedding Gift Suggestions
Jackob, 19 September, 2021 at 02:09

What gift should I give to my friend on his wedding? By the way he already has a baby. Should I gift something to his baby as well? Like, a baby product for his baby, and something good for him....

Rose, friday 25-Sep-26 11 200
misselle
So annoyed at myself damaged my car this morning
misselle, 4 December, 2012 at 11:29

I’m really annoyed with myself today. I was running late for work today and had to take the car in because I have a meeting this afternoon in a location that’s 30 minutes away. I had to park the car...

Hugo, friday 25-Sep-26 19 4,777
Hugo Brambles
How much room do you give when driving round a parked car?
Hugo Brambles, 27 August, 2009 at 09:49

OH always tells me off that I'm too close whenever I drive past a parked car. I do squeeze past I suppose partly as I have a tiny car, I'm on the road all day but mostly because I judge there to be...

Adnan, friday 25-Sep-26 11 3,395
Becca
What is a negative recovery advance in salary terms?
Becca, 28 March, 2009 at 09:20

I"ve just gone back to work part time, but payroll paid me full time for last month in error. I have had a letter saying to 'ensure that this does not cause financial hardship, we have entered this...

Max, friday 25-Sep-26 12 8,285

General groups

Hitched article topics