Skip to main content

Planning

Join Group

Get wedding planning help, advice and ideas from fellow forum members. Ask your planning questions and share tips about everything from staying on top of your budget to what's next on your wedding planning checklist.

39,395
members

Discussions

Order by:
Last comment
  • Messages
  • Visits
  • Last comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Rima
Hitched Panel & £50 Voucher for You! 💜
Rima, 5 May, 2026 at 09:23

We’re looking for couples currently planning their wedding to take part in a short, friendly online panel taking place this week 💜 We’d love to hear about your experience planning your wedding, how...

Damion, yesterday at 13:35 65 1,057 11
Toni
Any harpists available?
Toni, 6 May, 2026 at 20:21

Looking to bark a harpist for our wedding on 1 August 2026 in Southend. Please get in touch or send over recommendations! Any help appreciated!

Malik, 16 minutes ago 14 108
E
Wedding invites - can I state no hats please?
ExpensiveBlueConfetti423, 29 October, 2015 at 16:48

Hello, i'm having an April wedding, which unless we are lucky with the weather I envisage will be mostly indoors. We are also not wanting our wedding to be too formal, neither of our mum are wearing a...

Tokyo, 45 minutes ago 13 4,601
xkimx007
Wedshoots
xkimx007, 14 March, 2022 at 11:59

Hi all, Anyone planning on using (or already has) the Wedshoots app and adding the page to their Hitched website? I created an album in the app and added a photo to test. I can see the photo has been...

William, an hour ago 147 2,097 2
B
Favours on the top table
Blinkered, 16 November, 2011 at 22:18

I know this might be a really stupid question, but do you put favours on the top table?!

John, an hour ago 8 7,552
Jessica
Elegant centre piece
Jessica, 1 May, 2025 at 09:01

Hi, I am looking for ideas for an elegant centre piece, we are having a small vow renweal so want something I can use for the ceremony and the breakfast. Xx

Melanie, an hour ago 13 114
P
Planning Timeline
Poppy, 19 June, 2025 at 19:45

Hi everyone! I have recently got engaged and we have decided on 2028 as the year to get married. The wedding planning space is quite overwhelming but I’m so excited to get going with it. If you...

William, an hour ago 50 875 3
Ben
I'm looking for simple and fun games
Ben, 25 October, 2025 at 18:26

I'm looking for simple and fun games to pass the evening and cheer myself up.

Waqar, 2 hours ago 322 3,279 8
J
Bridesmaids
Jrl, 13 January, 2024 at 18:16

Hi everyone, I'm looking for advice. One of my bridesmaids never replys to any messages, the girls asked her if she wanted to help arrange my hen do about 3 months ago and they never got a reply,...

Robert, 3 hours ago 4 148
J
Venue Suggestions - City of London
Josephine, 6 September, 2025 at 14:36

We would like to get married on 22/08/26 and are looking for a ceremony space only for up to 70 people. I'm struggling to find venue's in the City of London that will accommodate the ceremony only....

Maryam, 5 hours ago 80 912
Elle
Venue issues
Elle, 13 July, 2026 at 11:36

I’m really struggling with a venue. I found the venue of my dreams and they have out date available. I can not get ahold of them to put down our deposit. I’m worried they have gone cold on me! Any...

Alax, 5 hours ago 41 566 4
Cache13
A marquee reception? Advice!
Cache13, 15 March, 2014 at 23:32

Today we were offered the use of my future in-laws paddock for a marquee reception. I was fed up of seeing beautiful outside spaces with rubbish insides, expensive in house caterers, and non exclusive...

James, 6 hours ago 8 1,607
B
Games to play at a Hen Party Weekend??
BrogstarBride, 22 February, 2013 at 12:55

We are going to a Spa for the weekend and I want to play some fun games in the evening and ideas? x

Mateo, 7 hours ago 240 9,296
M
Wedding Cars!
MrsMarshall2B260517, 5 July, 2016 at 15:33

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with wedding cars! I've always said that I'd like a vintage fiat 500 on my wedding day, but now I've ordered my dress I've realised there is no way I would fit in...

Tokyo, 12 hours ago 30 1,989
kizzi10000
Anyone played wedding 'raffle'? Ideas needed
kizzi10000, 25 February, 2016 at 14:40

Thanks to yet another change of plan, as the pub we'd picked to eat and dance in after the ceremony has decided they're not sure they can offer what we want due to noise and space constraints, we've...

Olivia, yesterday at 21:55 17 3,444
S
Divorce decree absolute
Sarah, 26 February, 2024 at 16:16

My fiance needs his divorce decree to be provided to the registrar, he has a copy of this decree absolute in digital/pdf format. Will this be acceptable that we simply print it or does it need to come...

Emily, yesterday at 17:06 18 323
H
Alternatives to chair sashes!
HappyYellowDiamonds675, 27 July, 2017 at 21:15

Hi!! I'm in need of help please! I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate my chair at the reception. I havent got a large budget either. My reception is a small traditional pub with all the beams...

Aniwave, yesterday at 16:28 14 1,518
Samantha
Colour Scheme Help!
Samantha, 14 April, 2024 at 12:06

Hi! We're planning our wedding for September 2025 and I'm really struggling with picking a colour scheme! I originally liked the sage green and white look but it feels a little overdone to me. Any...

sahilverma3, yesterday at 15:33 3 376
RomanticBrownDiamonds829
Money gifts acceptable in Scotland? How do you ask? How much on average?
RomanticBrownDiamonds829, 9 May, 2017 at 00:40

Hello ladies, This question might be strange, I hope not. My fiancé is Scottish and he tells me there it's not customary for family or guests to give money gifts at weddings. In Spain, weddings cost...

Larry, yesterday at 14:35 17 6,468
Rae
uk elopement/ just the two of us!
Rae, 11 January, 2026 at 12:58

Hi! We got engaged last year and have decided that we want to elope - just the two of us. We don’t want to take our own witnesses and would quite like to go somewhere nice for a day or two in the UK,...

Bernatskyi, yesterday at 13:53 1 24
S
Friend issues and dress shopping
Sarah, 15 October, 2023 at 18:02

Hi all, So we are planning on eloping abroad and taking two friends with us, but now I am having second thoughts on my best friend who I've known for about 15 years. When I announced getting engaged...

Damion, yesterday at 13:29 12 284
K
Cousins
katie_turner_uk84@hotmail.com, 29 January, 2025 at 15:14

Can anyone give me some advice with the wedding guest list. I am closer to some cousins than others..plus they have kids. Do I invite some cousins and not all? Don't want to upset anyone!

Leo, yesterday at 12:54 20 205
S
what the main difference betwen argos gold and gold elsewhere??
sammi23, 11 April, 2012 at 09:21

Were looking for our wedding bands at the moment and were both very happy with a gold band..... looked on h samuel and found this /webstore/d/****/9ct+yellow+gold+4mm+extra+heavy+d+shape+ring/ then...

Ghfffsd, yesterday at 11:16 8 5,317
S
Not too riske hen party game ideas
Sparkly, 25 February, 2010 at 20:46

Hi all! Not a regular hitcher here - am usually found on Babytalk. It's my sister's hen party this weekend and as chief BM I guess I am responsible for the event. I was looking for some not too riske...

Clibrestock, yesterday at 09:55 159 34,491
B
Very shy groom - advice needed!
, 4 June, 2014 at 21:44

I am really worried my husband-to-be is going to hate our wedding! We've just got engaged and I'm ridiculously excited about the wedding planning! However, my fiance is incredibly shy. He's fine in...

Jonathan, yesterday at 07:59 9 5,649
R
How do I sit in my wedding dress?
RomanticRedHair152, 12 June, 2015 at 08:36

When I had my final fitting i tried to sit down in my dress... which I could... but suddenly it was as if my boobs were underneath my chin because of all the boning pushing them up! It's a corset back...

Jonathan, yesterday at 07:51 7 7,453
Kolawole
How do i validate my guest on event day?
Kolawole, 5 May, 2025 at 11:57

How do i validate my guest on event day?

Premiumiptv, yesterday at 07:47 7 76
B
Football themed wedding - help!!!!
bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59

Hi everyone! I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the...

Zubair, yesterday at 06:50 57 15,763
TheOtherMoof
Ideas for subtle horror themed table names...
TheOtherMoof, 23 July, 2015 at 20:37

Hi! As I mentioned in my introductory post, my OH and I are still in the veeeeery early stages of wedding planning but I got a little bit carried away with thinking of possibilities for the big day!...

Oliver, yesterday at 06:32 9 2,470
B
reply slips/wedding food choices wording help wanted!
beckyakabetty, 13 September, 2008 at 14:48

I have a menu for the reception and need to tell guests the choices of food available also want to incorporate music requests, reply slip (eg if they are coming or not). Has anyone got any examples...

Project, yesterday at 04:40 43 3,601
A
Bridesmaids? Ushers?
Amnesia180, 1 March, 2011 at 09:18

Hi All, I am new to the forums and have joined after finding lots of useful information here. I have a question regarding the roles of Bridesmaids and Ushers because I have been getting a lot of...

Eclark12, yesterday at 04:18 18 3,312
B
Background music for wedding breakfast
Becky424, 11 August, 2012 at 09:30

Please help! We're getting married 2 weeks today and we can't think of music!! We really need to think of some background music for during the wedding breakfast....only thing is I can only think of...

Hites, saturday 3-Oct-26 11 15,196

General groups

Hitched article topics